• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is BDO the prettiest game ever made?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I think it is. I cant think of too many games that is prettier than this.

Posted

Yep.its wonderful

2 people like this

Posted

Single players like Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition are pretty good looking, but if we go with MMOs, I'd have to agree BDO is at the very top if we look at graphics alone.

2 people like this

Posted

caiCwT4.gif

3 people like this

Posted

No

4 people like this

Posted

I own Dragon Age. Its pretty good. But I still think BDO is better. I think the Dragon Age engine has a lot of potential. But the inability to zoom in and see the lovely details of your characters make the game feel less immersive. And then there is the visual aesthetics. Which is just plain amazing on Black Desert.

Posted

BDO is the best looking MMO, pop-in or not. The lighting especially is excellent (for the most part). The early mornings in the forest near Trent, especially with a bit of fog, are particularly enchanting.

But what really does it for me is the insane attention to detail, especially in towns and cities. The cracks and dents in the staircases, which are never copypasted from each other. The tiny variations in how the houses look, especially the roof, where things aren't 100% straight but slightly undulating, as if the wood has had a lot of time to age from weather and other wearing... The thumping on the floor when grinding something, producing water ripples when in the rain or in a puddle, the dust when you do it on a dry area. The insane amount of NPC's in towns, making them feel lived in. Almost nothing is closed off either, you can go anywhere, inside anything. That's the real strength of BDO's graphics, imho - It's very believable, *almost* realistic, in its world design.

I'm also insanely thankful to the devs for not sticking to the standard Korean level design of 'make a flat area and copypaste it 15 times'. See Tera for its incredibly boring overland and dungeon level design as the hallmark for how Korean MMO's usually turn out.

6 people like this

Posted

Can I see your paypal transactions? Because there is no way you aren't a paid shill.

Posted

Nah man. Im no shill. Ive never shilled for anything lol

Posted

No, Best graphics game all times is right here...

1 person likes this

Posted

No, Best graphics game all times is right here...

that is like one of the best games of all time

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed, tried logging BNS today, which i LOVED the look of before i tried bdo, and it really lost it's effect on me, which i'm kinda sad about. Damn u bdo.

Posted (edited)

Because of BDO's amazing graphic and character design, I quit all my console & PC games.  And there is no other better MMO like BDO coming in the near future, so I need to stick with BDO until then.

Edited by Vanux

Posted

I say skyforge is graphically just as good, if not better but it doesn't have anything like the detailed/ dynamic world and weather effects or the interactivity of BDO obviously. Say what you want about that game but it's quite "pretty-looking", feels polished and has a great soundtrack. 

Posted

Graphics and gameplay BDO is tops!

Posted

Nah man. Im no shill. Ive never shilled for anything lol

dafuq is wrong with u and dafuq r u uploading on youtube , talk about creepy

Posted

BDO is in my opinion the most well developed and imersive game I have ever played, in terms of detail, and that despite the graphics being top notch, is what cranks it up to 11!

2 people like this

Posted

Witcher 3 is unbeatable. BDO doesn't even come close.

1 person likes this

Posted

i never cared about graphic when i play a game, especially in MMOrpg,
what i like of this game is ONLY the combat system that is pretty different respect others MMOrpg,(more immersive).

Posted

Never mind how good BDO have graphic when during fight if I see trash, flashes and other crap on the screen.

Posted

this demo is by far the best thing they can push so far atm with the DX 12 

but you need a hell off a comp to run it ad ultra they use 4 GTX for it O.o 

but will you spend 10k ore more dollars/euros to play it ?? 

but its stile amazing how far they can push the limits now :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Single players like Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Inquisition are pretty good looking, but if we go with MMOs, I'd have to agree BDO is at the very top if we look at graphics alone.

Wait, wait wait...   This is an MMO?  Since when? o.O

Posted

Agreed, tried logging BNS today, which i LOVED the look of before i tried bdo, and it really lost it's effect on me, which i'm kinda sad about. Damn u bdo.

I on the other hand logged into BNS and enjoyed its art style for what it is. Along with other games I log into, ff14, WoW, and Guild Wars 2. All great looking games. BDO is one that feels like a lived in world such as Guild Wars 2 and does a better job of it in some areas.

I think it is. I cant think of too many games that is prettier than this.

Its not. The Witcher and Battlefield 1 are two games I can name off the top of my head that just look better. Dragon Age Inquisition has better environments than BDO but not characters.

Posted

As far as MMORPGs are concerned, BDO is by far and hands down the very best in that department, currently. Probably its most attractive strength, together with the huge and detailed world, endless options, and decent combat, minus all the other terribad issues all of us know, but some still refuse to acknowledge.

Apart from that, and as a side note, I still find Tera quite awesome indeed, considering it is 6 years old now - and nothing beats High Elf girls there, case closed! :D

Posted

The prettiest game ever made? Debatable.

The prettiest MMORPG ever made? It is, without a doubt.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0