• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help me. FPS problems.

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I've got an i-7 process. 32gigs of ram. A titanx card. BDO is on a SSD. Very nice cooling system. My PC is very comfortable.

I've attempted to rename the corona file. I've set BDO as priority in task manager. I've closed all the Coherent UI processes in task manager. I've unlocked all available cores and reduced the amount of "extras" the pc uses in order to help it run faster. I close all additional programs (Just BDO and TS running). I've done the closing marketplace thing.
During sieges I crop my screen as small as it will go. I lower all settings as low as they will go. I remove all effects and everything as small as it will go.

During sieges I have 5fps.

What more do I need to do?

Posted

are you using Windows 10 ? if yes.... delete it give it to a crazy wild dog then burn it follow its soul to hell and beat it up and piss on it.......

also need more info on the I7 just because its i7 doesn't mean its good we need its Number.... and size...

Posted (edited)

are you using Windows 10 ? if yes.... delete it give it to a crazy wild dog then burn it follow its soul to hell and beat it up and piss on it.......

also need more info on the I7 just because its i7 doesn't mean its good we need its Number.... and size...

5820k 3.30ghz.
I guess I could overclock it but I'd rather not.

edit: And I've got windows 8.1 ;)

Edited by joshyyo

Posted

Your PC is fine.

The game simply isn't optimized.

If you are looking for an immediate fix however, I suggest adjusting the screen height and, if it doesn't bug you, turning on upscaling.

Posted

5820k 3.30ghz.I guess I could overclock it but I'd rather not.

i have no idea then whats causing the issue
i mean im using:

GTX 660ti OC Directcue 3Gb

i5-4690 3.50 Ghz
12 GB DDR3 ram
and a Western digital Black HDD
Widows 8.1 ( that not got reinstalled like 2 years now lol )

and runing this game on max only have high end mode turned off and some extra light crap that doesen't even change anything lol i only need to turn of player effect it cities and Boss zergs but even there i have a good 30 fps outside 45fps

so its strange your having 5 fps on minimum lol.

Posted

i have no idea then whats causing the issuei mean im using:

GTX 660ti OC Directcue 3Gb

i5-4690 3.50 Ghz
12 GB DDR3 ram
and a Western digital Black HDD
Widows 8.1 ( that not got reinstalled like 2 years now lol )

and runing this game on max only have high end mode turned off and some extra light crap that doesen't even change anything lol i only need to turn of player effect it cities and Boss zergs but even there i have a good 30 fps outside 45fps

so its strange your having 5 fps on minimum lol.

I only get 50fps in completely empty areas. :(

Posted

First, undo the stuff you have done, do not fiddle with priority ( and definitely not affinity)

I would ditch windows 8.1 and go windows 10 which has demonstrably better game performance (please ignore anyone that suggests otherwise) but the difference isn't great.

Are you running full screen or full screen windowed? I know people say full screen is better bu I know I get 20% better fps in full screen windowed, you mileage may vary, try both.

Try turning SSAO off, that can be expensive, turn high end mode off, that is very expensive and imo doesn't do anything of any worth (some report different, your mileage may vary)

Find out what is going on in your system, download and run both CPU-Z and HWMonitor, these will show you the utilisation of your CPU and GPU, temperatures, fan speeds and what frequency and multiplier your cpu is running at (something may be wrong there so good to know) also, look out for thermal throttling, if your cpu (or mobo) gets too hot it will crash your clock multiplier to cool down. You can also tell if your memory configuration is correct. One of the puzzles of BDO is low fps where both CPU and GPU utilisation is low, so something else may be hampering performance and I have a suspicion that memory speeds may be part of it.

You may also want to check that your SSD data transfer is as expected.

You may also want to check the power supply to your GPU as if it's under, many gpus will run in low power mode and only give you a fraction of the power you are hoping for (what power supply do you have?)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would ditch windows 8.1 and go windows 10 which has demonstrably better game performance (please ignore anyone that suggests otherwise) but the difference isn't great.

who cares about that minimal amount of perfomance gain when it has 349856263576986169816981563193956169 compatibility issues with both old and new games lol

win 10 is just trash for games and will take sometime before it gets fixed up if it ever happens that is....

Edited by Zordy

Posted (edited)

I've heard nothing but negative about 10. Not worth the stress.

First, undo the stuff you have done, do not fiddle with priority ( and definitely not affinity)

Are you running full screen or full screen windowed? I know people say full screen is better bu I know I get 20% better fps in full screen windowed, you mileage may vary, try both.

Try turning SSAO off, that can be expensive, turn high end mode off, that is very expensive and imo doesn't do anything of any worth (some report different, your mileage may vary)

Find out what is going on in your system, download and run both CPU-Z and HWMonitor, these will show you the utilisation of your CPU and GPU, temperatures, fan speeds and what frequency and multiplier your cpu is running at (something may be wrong there so good to know) also, look out for thermal throttling, if your cpu (or mobo) gets too hot it will crash your clock multiplier to cool down. You can also tell if your memory configuration is correct. One of the puzzles of BDO is low fps where both CPU and GPU utilisation is low, so something else may be hampering performance and I have a suspicion that memory speeds may be part of it.

You may also want to check that your SSD data transfer is as expected.

You may also want to check the power supply to your GPU as if it's under, many gpus will run in low power mode and only give you a fraction of the power you are hoping for (what power supply do you have?)

The power supply has always been my suspicion. I think I have an 800 or 850. Which is low.
Upgrading is not a problem. I should probably do that.

edit: As for the windowed vs full screen. My fps doesn't change when I do either. For that matter, my fps never changes. I get 5fps with all the lowest settings and I get 5fps with all the highest settings. The only thing that makes a real difference is when I turn off all the other player spell effects.

Edited by joshyyo

Posted

I've heard nothing but negative about 10. Not worth the stress.

The power supply has always been my suspicion. I think I have an 800 or 850. Which is low.Upgrading is not a problem. I should probably do that.

Well, take a look at the frequencies reported by CPU-Z and HWMonitor, it may not be a problem, 800 should be enough but it depends on the type of psu whether it can feed the power where it is needed (or if it just loads it onto cheap 12v rails). Sometimes the video card has indicator LEDs on to warn of under powering (eg red for low power, white for good)

who cares about that minimal amount of perfomance gain when it has 349856263576986169816981563193956169 compatibility issues with both old and new games lol
win 10 is just trash for games and will take sometime before it gets fixed up if it ever happens that is....

If you are ignorant, and not helpful to OP, just go away.

5 people like this

Posted

The power supply has always been my suspicion. I think I have an 800 or 850. Which is low.Upgrading is not a problem. I should probably do that.

Intel hacked the shit out of your chips base clock in order to add a couple cores. Doesn't matter with most stuff, but with gaming with terrible sloppy code? that is not your chips strong suit. Overclock your cpu to verify.

Posted

Intel hacked the shit out of your chips base clock in order to add a couple cores. Doesn't matter with most stuff, but with gaming with terrible sloppy code? that is not your chips strong suit. Overclock your cpu to verify.

OP has a top tier CPU and GPU, your ignorance is really not helping anyone.

Posted

No idea if this will help you, but it solved my issues. Pull up Task Manager and see how many instances of Coherent Host you have running. I had three and they were eating 50% of my Memory. Once I closed them, game ran fine. See here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125601-bug-with-latest-patch-coherentui_hostexe-using-extra-25-cpu-now/ 

Posted

No idea if this will help you, but it solved my issues. Pull up Task Manager and see how many instances of Coherent Host you have running. I had three and they were eating 50% of my Memory. Once I closed them, game ran fine. See here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/125601-bug-with-latest-patch-coherentui_hostexe-using-extra-25-cpu-now/ 

He already stated that he had done this, but thanks for reminding me to do this myself, LOL.

Posted

5820k 3.30ghz.I guess I could overclock it but I'd rather not.

Kay, that's why. This game requires high single thread performance. If you want your frames to increase, you're going to have to overclock.

Posted

OP has a top tier CPU and GPU, your ignorance is really not helping anyone.

It was the bottom tier chip in the haswell-e line when they came out. They sacrificed base clock speed due to temps. If you can OC the chip to 4.2 while still keeping voltage under 1.25 that's the way to go. as a base clock speed cpu it will suffer greatly with bdo but is fine for non-gaming applications

Posted

He already stated that he had done this, but thanks for reminding me to do this myself, LOL.

Well tbf he said he had closed all other programs- coherent is part of BDO so was not sure. Either way- glad I reminded you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just posting this for spec comparison ( note i do not do Any siege/node wars)

I7-6700HQ 3.5GHZ (runs at 3.2ghz through monitorering program), 32gig ram (2333mhz i think), 1tb ssd ( no clue on its speed atm), gtx 1070 8gb. Now this is in an laptop and with max settings i get a steady 50-60 fps Any place other then towns and boss'. 25-30 fps in towns depending on density. My game does not use up much of My cpu or gpu compared to how much is available. I think it is completly insane how your pc that i would kill for to get is not running any higher fps.. sorry for not being helpful :/ oh yea running windowed fullscreen at 1080p. What resolution  Are you running at? 

Posted

Just posting this for spec comparison ( note i do not do Any siege/node wars)

I7-6700HQ 3.5GHZ (runs at 3.2ghz through monitorering program), 32gig ram (2333mhz i think), 1tb ssd ( no clue on its speed atm), gtx 1070 8gb. Now this is in an laptop and with max settings i get a steady 50-60 fps Any place other then towns and boss'. 25-30 fps in towns depending on density. My game does not use up much of My cpu or gpu compared to how much is available. I think it is completly insane how your pc that i would kill for to get is not running any higher fps.. sorry for not being helpful :/ oh yea running windowed fullscreen at 1080p. What resolution  Are you running at? 

THanks for the replies everyone. It helps.

I have lowered the resolution to the absolute lowest possible in order to try and get more fps. Windowed fullscreen or just fullscreen makes no difference. It has the same fps.

I am really just completely confused on what I need to do to make it better. I guess upgrading the CPU would help. The power supply as well. Crazy I have to do that though.

Posted

First, make sure your monitor refresh rate is at its maximum. Right click desktop -> Display Settings -> Advanced display settings -> Display adapter properties -> Monitor tab.

Then, if it still doesn't work, try downloading this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5695/? Just click manual download.
It's a Skyrim mod page, but it should work for any game. Essentially, it fixes the 35 ms timer that Windows 10 defaults to. You'll have to open that up everytime you play BDO.

I would also check your NVIDIA control panel and set Maximum pre-renderred frames to 1, and preferred refresh rate to application-controlled (this helped me at least). Finally, play with the VSync settings in there. For some people, off is better, while for others on is better. 

I've also changed the compatibility mode of BDO launcher to Win XP SP2, but I'm not sure if this really does anything. 

Finally, make sure High-End mode is not enabled in your BDO graphics settings.

Posted

Windows 10 is compatible with everything Windows 8 is, some morons in this thread. Windows 10 is effectivly 8.2, it was going to be that before they decided to make it a new OS. It's better than 8 in every way, because it basically is 8, updated and reworked.

Windows 8 was some touch screen focused trash, absolutely no benefit to a gamer using it over Windows 10, at all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0