• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[POLL] Would you like to see a "glow" effect from enchants on weapons?

Glow effect on weapons from enchant levels   175 votes

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Coming from Vindictus I thought this was a pretty cool feature. Nothing too bright, just subtle but noticeable increasing/changing color with enchant level. I know this game is meant to be "more realistic/less fantasy-ish" but we're getting Pegasuses and have had Santa flying over towns for a week, so why not this :)

- Before voting I urge you to look some images up, I tried to find a few next to each other but a lot of single character images. The glow in vindictus isn't the traditional over-the-top glow with super shiny effects almost hiding the entire weapon, if not the whole character model.

Edit: We obviously want to make both sides of the community happy and the poll *so far* suggests an even split. So I'll just list the suggestions we've gotten so far that may satisfy both parties.

- Being able to turn effects on/off same way as current skill effects.

- Shine being a "skin" rather than directly linked to enchant level to not indicate enchant levels for those who like to keep it to themselves.

- Adding another dye-palette of which colors add a bright look.

- Shine coming from crystals embedded into weapon sockets 

Edited by x.otic
5 people like this

Posted

nope. I prefer people to have no idea what my gear is unless i specifically tell them.

7 people like this

Posted

Nope. That stuff looks awful imo. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

nope. I prefer people to have no idea what my gear is unless i specifically tell them.

In Vindictus it was pretty hard to indicate the enchant level judging by colors only unless you had really low or max enchant level (which I doubt many are rocking PEN weapons). Most of them only changed colors when you moved up several enchant levels, so we could have one specific color for pri/duo/tri, a slight change for tet and another slight change for pen. I was just looking at my dandelion and I thought it looked really boring considering it's the absolute BiS item, so I remembered how well glows looked in Vindictus compared to other titles where the glow is just too much and literally ugly to look at.

Edited by x.otic

Posted

I like it as is, it keeps the mystery and makes engagements exciting. 

Posted

I like it as is, it keeps the mystery and makes engagements exciting. 

Once again, this isn't to "show off" your enchant level cause it's not an obvious indicator with a lot of the enchant levels having the same color, it's just a neat feature and it looks really good when it's subtle. It's more like a costume, you use it for yourself cause you like the looks of it. Even with shitty gear the slight shine on my Vindictus character made it look sleek and godly in a sense. All armors and weapons in BDO just look plain boring, not everyone agrees but a lot of people run around with costumes and I guess there's a reason for that (besides the set bonuses but you can still hide your costume):) 

Posted

Once again, this isn't to "show off" your enchant level cause it's not an obvious indicator with a lot of the enchant levels having the same color, it's just a neat feature and it looks really good when it's subtle. It's more like a costume, you use it for yourself cause you like the looks of it. Even with shitty gear the slight shine on my Vindictus character made it look sleek and godly in a sense. All armors and weapons in BDO just look plain boring, not everyone agrees but a lot of people run around with costumes and I guess there's a reason for that (besides the set bonuses but you can still hide your costume):) 

I'd be okay with more of cosmetic thing, but one that doesn't change as its enhanced. i.e. a blue skin glow would always be the same blue etc. 

plus lets people customize better. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd be okay with more of cosmetic thing, but one that doesn't change as its enhanced. i.e. a blue skin glow would always be the same blue etc. 

plus lets people customize better. 

That's not a bad idea either. That way Kakao can grab some money too :P 

Posted

There would need to be options for how prominent the effect is as well as a way to turn it off entirely.

Like how you can turn off other player's attack effects, right?

Posted

Why need glow effect when the player can change the color of a weapon.

Posted

I'd like it to be like a neon outline effect (similar to the outlines they've started putting on some weapons in WoW this expansion, example; http://sitstaysquirrel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Dragonslayers-Edge-Gold-Style.jpg )

There would need to be options for how prominent the effect is as well as a way to turn it off entirely.

Being able to turn glow effects off would make this even better, that way people who prefer more realism can have their way and fashion icons can have theirs :P

Why need glow effect when the player can change the color of a weapon.

Cause even with color changes they look dull and boring. Albeit some of the colors do give an almost shiny feeling but it's more so a reflective surface than shine. I don't know, I can't help but feel like a slight shine looks better than plan and boring, so I understand how some may naturally feel inclined to liking the opposite as well, hence the poll :) 

Posted

Yeah they could also just add dyes that give a glowing effect. Not sure how that would look on armor though. 

Posted

Being able to turn glow effects off would make this even better, that way people who prefer more realism can have their way and fashion icons can have theirs :P

Cause even with color changes they look dull and boring. Albeit some of the colors do give an almost shiny feeling but it's more so a reflective surface than shine. I don't know, I can't help but feel like a slight shine looks better than plan and boring, so I understand how some may naturally feel inclined to liking the opposite as well, hence the poll :) 

9def7a5071.jpg

I get what you is saying. My character weapon in Vindictus glows and it does gather attention. Well a little glow would be nice. I still think there needs to be more fashion outfits and the weapon design is okay in this game.

Posted

9def7a5071.jpg

I get what you is saying. My character weapon in Vindictus glows and it does gather attention. Well a little glow would be nice. I still think there needs to be more fashion outfits and the weapon design is okay in this game.

that's such a sexy glow :P what level is that? 15?

Posted

theres rly no point to adding a glow to enchanted weapon besides status/ to show off, since it serves no other purpose.

if u want vindictus +15 glow in bdo dye ur weapon calpheon/mediah gold lul

Posted (edited)

As long as the glow wasn't massive (If anyone has ever played Shaiya, +20 enchanted weapons had a massively ugly glow on them that was basically twice the size of the weapon). Tera's weapon glow was okay, it wasn't too flashy and it was just a mist-like glow around it, until you got to +13-15, then i had an issue with it because of the flashy wings that got added..

Either way, as long as the glow isn't obnoxious, but i like how it is now.

Edited by Gir

Posted

that's such a sexy glow :P what level is that? 15?

+15 level 90 c:

Posted

+15 level 90 c:

Jelly, broke +14 going 15 and quit :( Still playing?

Posted

are you insane

glow is the dumbest shit ever implemented in a mmo

Posted (edited)

are you insane

glow is the dumbest shit ever implemented in a mmo

I could name worse things already implemented. This is an innocent feature and there's probably ways to implement it while keeping both sides happy. It's not game breaking, I don't think so at least :) Thanks for input.

Also if the majority agrees not having it, I think we shouldn't have it then. I just thought of it and hoped a lot of people would like it too. Besides, chance of suggestions being taken into consideration by the devs is like 5% but it's worth a try.

Edited by x.otic

Posted

Jelly, broke +14 going 15 and quit :( Still playing?

Well I still have my account but not actively playing, I still see the game is still coming in with new content slowly. I'm on East server.

Posted

+1 for glow

because irrelevant hates it

Posted

Not this shite again

IMG_0216.thumb.JPG.dc0bc81ae2965bf14f64evindictus just ain't what it used to be.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0