• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry to say I have started to play with the chat completely turned off. This is the most toxic community chat in any game I have ever played.  The consent stream of filth, putting others down, gloating,and so on is a huge distraction from game play.  When I started to see the new "gifting pearls" for TET gear or T7/8 horses and also make 500mil a week messages I realized the chat box was not for me.  I can much more easily and without  harassment find information I need online. Goodbye chat, the lunatics have taken over the asylum! crimson_sorceress_by_laclillac-d8gc8rj.j

Posted

Cool story about yourself.

7 people like this

Posted

Thank you ManlyBeard and RandomOne for cases in point! :)

Posted

You surely ain't used to MMO/MMORPG's or online games in general, i dare you to find a place where people are that kind and altruists, but i guess you can't unless you start to play games with no competition where every content is absolutely made for all.
If people insults you that's another matter and you can always report them, but a post which states that toxicity of a community, is kinda toxic itself.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can much more easily and without  harassment find information I need online. 

You know what else you can do? Block people, turn off the chat and NOT make an attention seeking post about it on the forums. If people like yourself left games, they'd probably be in a better state. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

Cannot thank all the posters enough for showing a mirror image of the chat box. Toxic community confirmed!

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry to say I have started to play with the chat completely turned off. This is the most toxic community chat in any game I have ever played.  The consent stream of filth, putting others down, gloating,and so on is a huge distraction from game play.  When I started to see the new "gifting pearls" for TET gear or T7/8 horses and also make 500mil a week messages I realized the chat box was not for me.  I can much more easily and without  harassment find information I need online. Goodbye chat, the lunatics have taken over the asylum! 

I see you've never played TERA.

also gg exilium

Posted (edited)

I rarely see that much toxicity in channels or world chat :o

Chat is like 90% people trying to buy, sell, recruit to a guild or LFM doing scrolls. It's actually one of the better games I've played in terms of having to block chat retards. Obviously because it costs energy to post in channel chat and loyalty to post in world. Kids that plays MMORPG's mainly to shit spam chats, they dont have enough energy to do it all day long in this game.

There's occasional PvP related flaming sure, but I cant say it's in violation of ToS or anything like that. Just players calling others bad after some GvG, the normal crap.

This forum is pretty toxic though, hundred times worse than chats ingame. If people where forced to reveal their family&character names on their forum account, you bet they be a lot nicer here lol.

Edited by Solsi
edit
3 people like this

Posted

In case you don't know you can personalize a chat windows, while i'm playing i have one that just show me the marketplace, whispers and system notices. Also, if you need information i recommend you find a good guild, because in the world/channel chat there will be always spammers and bored kids that try to be trolls, and most online games have them sadly.

Posted

Cannot thank all the posters enough for showing a mirror image of the chat box. Toxic community confirmed!

I don't think my message as many others were that toxic, but you're kinda doing the same: "You ain't agreeing with me, therefore you're toxic", so it may prove your point from your side, however it place you also in the same spot that you're criticizing, just sayin'.

4 people like this

Posted

Perhaps I was not clear enough in the original post so I will supplement. I like to see people helping others with questions, game related chat, guild notices etc. I am referencing  the smutty sex stuff, covert racism,  bulling, spam, and invites to scam sites like.  I have tried changing channels it is the same on all of them.  I am not the only one who has found  this games chat to be beyond the pale.  I have played other mmo's and yes they had a few trolls but nothing compared to here.  Just saying that while I would like to keep my chat open the rewards are not even close to the downside. How anyone can defend the stuff that comes up in chat, (we have all seen it) is beyond me.  Enjoying the game much more now.  Esc, Edit UI, Chat_Off. Good gaming to all. 

Posted

Perhaps I was not clear enough in the original post so I will supplement. I like to see people helping others with questions, game related chat, guild notices etc. I am referencing  the smutty sex stuff, covert racism,  bulling, spam, and invites to scam sites like.  I have tried changing channels it is the same on all of them.  I am not the only one who has found  this games chat to be beyond the pale.  I have played other mmo's and yes they had a few trolls but nothing compared to here.  Just saying that while I would like to keep my chat open the rewards are not even close to the downside. How anyone can defend the stuff that comes up in chat, (we have all seen it) is beyond me.  Enjoying the game much more now.  Esc, Edit UI, Chat_Off. Good gaming to all. 

No one's defending it, it's just that most people aren't as sensitive to that as you are. When I see something I don't like in chat I don't read it, when I see something I like I read it and maybe even join the fun. But to say that BDO's chat is one of the most toxic ones in all of MMOs is a gross exaggeration. BDO's chat is, for the most part, very tame and nice compared to some other games.

Posted (edited)

People falling for scam sites isn't really "toxic", it's just stupid people falling for stupid things on that one.

Else, the only thing you can really do is turn chats off or apply filters if it bothers you that much. People tend to troll channel and server chats, so if it bothers you, ignore it or make it so you don't see it. It's relatively normal for this stuff to happen in an MMO, soooo...

Edited by Gir

Posted (edited)

Some have agreed with you, but as i said before is pretty common in every MMORPG and you're just generalizing placing yourself above the rest of crowd, except this last message.
Do you see anything wrong in this? 

Edited by Rayin

Posted

Perhaps I was not clear enough in the original post so I will supplement. I like to see people helping others with questions, game related chat, guild notices etc. I am referencing  the smutty sex stuff, covert racism,  bulling, spam, and invites to scam sites.  I have tried changing channels it is the same on all of them.  I am not the only one who has found  this games chat to be beyond the pale.  I have played other mmo's and yes they had a few trolls but nothing compared to here.  Just saying that while I would like to keep my chat open the rewards are not even close to the downside. How anyone can defend the stuff that comes up in chat, (we have all seen it) is beyond me.  Enjoying the game much more now.  Esc, Edit UI, Chat_Off. Good gaming to all. 

just add key words into your filter for scan sites and whatnot. And turn your chat filter back on to block out some of the other stuff you dont like seeing?

Posted

This is the most toxic community chat in any game I have ever played. When I started to see the new "gifting pearls" for TET gear or T7/8 horses and also make 500mil a week messages

Briefly explain us what part of that is toxic? If you can't handle the fact that others want gear badly and like in every mmo fake advertisers then I have no idea which mmo you've player before. May I suggest you Euro Truck Simulator or Farmville? Those games will fit you better as in not being toxic lol.

Posted

The "toxic community" problem exists since the 2009 kids took over the Internet, making Meme*s out of literally anything and trolling something "funny".

In the past the motto was "dont feed the troll" now its more like "be the funniest troll".

3 people like this

Posted

And like any other online game someone claims that its most toxic game ever blabla.

Seriously why do players even bother to care? why are you wasting your energy? Simple fact is play and enjoy the game and ignore shit

Posted

Shrug it off, you'll be fine. If you are in great need of a "community" join a nice guild, interact with them instead.

Posted

Why are you being so toxic towards us, I can't take this anymore 😭😭😭

Posted

OP I would agree with you and it's the same in most MMORPGs.  Blocking people helps but after blocking hundreds of people I just gave up and turned it off.  I use a chat tab that I set up with only guild, whisper and party chat and the game has improved greatly having done that.

Posted

Simply ignore it.  There are some good things that come up, but generally on in your guild chat.

Posted

literally unplayable.

2 people like this

Posted

Blocking isn't really a viable option is it? New people come along all the time with this stuff :P 

My advice: Grow some thicker skin. I realize some people take things more seriously or are more sensitive but being offended by what some random person says on the internet and taking it personally is what we did in the 90s when this all came along for the first time :P 

Also: Realize people are just trolling for fun. People get offended by the weirdest thing nowadays and if that's you I'll just say good riddance.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for all the replies, in a way the post was to see if I was too "sensitive"  or if others felt the same. Valasceria I agree with your timeline it seems in the last 5 years things took a dive.  As RonnieJw said blocking worked for me until it was over 100 then the chat off entirely seemed to make sense.  A example for me would be when I simply asked how to finish a quest and got whispers of "choke on deez nuts"  "all quest will end when you kill yourself"  "fking newb".   I hope all players can enjoy this game without the depravity, crudity, and lack of empathy for fellow players that pop up in the chat box several times a day.. For me chat off seems to be the best option for now. Thank you all for the exchange of views. NN

Edited by Nihilistic Nancy