• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

61 posts in this topic

Posted

A example for me would be when I simply asked how to finish a quest and got whispers of "choke on deez nuts"  "all quest will end when you kill yourself"  "fking newb".   I hope all players can enjoy this game without the depravity, crudity, and lack of empathy for fellow players that pop up in the chat box several times a day.

I have seen this behavior since the beginning of MMOs.  It is not new as of the last 5 years.  It has ALWAYS been there.  Ever since the internet granted anonymity, people have been complete douche bags.

Aside from what has already been mentioned, another idea is to go find the unofficial RP channel (not the chat channel) and join it--then turn off channel chat and turn on RP chat.  People are nicer there.  No less idiotic and obsessed with sex (especially gay sex, young boys are weird...), but people ARE nicer on the whole.  I've never had anyone respond to me in that fashion and have had some legitimate discussions and debates in RP chat.

Posted

Perhaps I was not clear enough in the original post so I will supplement. I like to see people helping others with questions, game related chat, guild notices etc. I am referencing  the smutty sex stuff, covert racism,  bulling, spam, and invites to scam sites.  I have tried changing channels it is the same on all of them.  I am not the only one who has found  this games chat to be beyond the pale.  I have played other mmo's and yes they had a few trolls but nothing compared to here.  Just saying that while I would like to keep my chat open the rewards are not even close to the downside. How anyone can defend the stuff that comes up in chat, (we have all seen it) is beyond me.  Enjoying the game much more now.  Esc, Edit UI, Chat_Off. Good gaming to all. 

So basically because the chat doesn't fit what you want it to, you are going to make a thread telling everyone what it should be?

We aren't totalitarians yet and freedom of speech is something many died to protect. 

you are allowed to criticise, turn off, block, report and ignore trolling a your leisure, you can challenge it too if you so desire that's your right as its the right of those that say stupid, often outrageous things to do so as there are consequences if one goes too far.

What you're asking for is Policed speech, sorry not a chance, not in this life, not in this decade. 

When you sell off the freedoms people fought hard to preserve for "protection" you are nothing more than an enabler of Tyranny. 

Try to think for yourself, not what some Faux outrage College Professor that wants a bigger slice of the power cake wants you to think

Edit: let me put it this way, this is someone that is an outsider but is well versed on their History. 

Nothing Good has ever come from extreme viewpoints, from Communism and Anarchism on the left and Fascism, Imperialism and Neoliberalism on the right. They only seek to consolidate power and wealth to a few, they just go different ways about it.  Read History, note the Atrocities that have been carried out under these Ideologies and remember 

While Democracy is far from perfect, it's the only system that gives a voice to the otherwise voiceless, a core tenement of making that work is the freedom of speech 

2 people like this

Posted

So basically because the chat doesn't fit what you want it to, you are going to make a thread telling everyone what it should be?

We aren't totalitarians yet and freedom of speech is something many died to protect. 

you are allowed to criticise, turn off, block, report and ignore trolling a your leisure, you can challenge it too if you so desire that's your right as its the right of those that say stupid, often outrageous things to do so as there are consequences if one goes too far.

What you're asking for is Policed speech, sorry not a chance, not in this life, not in this decade. 

When you sell off the freedoms people fought hard to preserve for "protection" you are nothing more than an enabler of Tyranny. 

Try to think for yourself, not what some Faux outrage College Professor that wants a bigger slice of the power cake wants you to think

Edit: let me put it this way, this is someone that is an outsider but is well versed on their History. 

Nothing Good has ever come from extreme viewpoints, from Communism and Anarchism on the left and Fascism, Imperialism and Neoliberalism on the right. They only seek to consolidate power and wealth to a few, they just go different ways about it.  Read History, note the Atrocities that have been carried out under these Ideologies and remember 

While Democracy is far from perfect, it's the only system that gives a voice to the otherwise voiceless, a core tenement of making that work is the freedom of speech 

Even though you got very political and serious with your post, i still really like it :) Well said. Sadly i am out of likes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Turn the channel/world chats off, only knuckle draggers use them. 

Posted

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say what you want without consequences.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say what you want without consequences.

I actually mentioned there are consequences, reports can lead to chat bans, suspensions, etc, like how in real life you can say what you like, but you might get your lights punched out or wind up in prison for it.

What some are asking for is people to have that freedom taken completely away, to completely and utterly police our ability to criticize (see Anitas little speech at the UN) thus they are willing to sell off our right to speak freely and thus face consequence for that action so they don't have to face rightful criticism for their actions and words.

Einstein "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction"

Those that want Freedom of speech taken away are an action, the reaction is the trolls that flaunt it.

Edited by MadMaximoff
2 people like this

Posted

Cannot thank all the posters enough for showing a mirror image of the chat box. Toxic community confirmed!

Welcome to MMORPG´s, you must be new here.

Posted

Blame the merge. Never in my life had so many back of the woods psychos on block. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry to say I have started to play with the chat completely turned off. This is the most toxic community chat in any game I have ever played.  The consent stream of filth, putting others down, gloating,and so on is a huge distraction from game play.  When I started to see the new "gifting pearls" for TET gear or T7/8 horses and also make 500mil a week messages I realized the chat box was not for me.  I can much more easily and without  harassment find information I need online. Goodbye chat, the lunatics have taken over the asylum! crimson_sorceress_by_laclillac-d8gc8rj.j

you are complaining about scams.  Putting a chat filter for www. and .com filters out most all of that.

Chat for the most part is fine if you filter stuff and block 90% of baka guild.

Posted

I never bothered to use filters or block, I only look at some system stuff, I had a made a few custom tabs back in the day for guild and other stuff. After this thread, I actually took a look at whatever these people were blabbering about today. 1.0

Posted

to be fair

you did make a post calling the community toxic

and if you're familiar with the community, you would know saying something like that is basically just stirring the sh!t pot

any remotely decent person realizes the chat (and really, the internet) is filled with asinine vitriol 

there's no real hope at controlling it, so learn to ignore it

Posted (edited)

I find the recruitment spam to be the worst thing the chat has to offer. Those are just pointless walls of text that block everything else, good or bad.

I avoid most foreign ones with my chat filters but now and then ppl manage to create a new one that none of my keywords saves me from. And ofc the ones in english are a bit harder to get rid off.

A recruitment channel would be nice.

Edited by Korvgubben

Posted

Sometimes there can be players that we don't get along with but since it's a community we have to learn to "live" together, I understand @Nihilistic Nancy because sometimes also to me it happens that I don't feel in agreement with the public chat, sometimes I ignore it easily since I'm usually also chatting in party and in guild (and whispers, IRL stuff, etc.) , some other times when I feel as "funny" as them I participate though always respecting the community rules, so if you ever find something that is infringing them then please feel free to report it at https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I personally know that the staff is attentive about these matters ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

to be fair

you did make a post calling the community toxic

and if you're familiar with the community, you would know saying something like that is basically just stirring the sh!t pot

any remotely decent person realizes the chat (and really, the internet) is filled with asinine vitriol 

there's no real hope at controlling it, so learn to ignore it

Not 100% sure why there's so much apathy in a lot of these games as well. Players see the direction the game is headed, shrug, and let it go to crap. I guess part of it is that because of the nature of this game and games like Blade & Soul where for the most part all you need is your guild to get by there's almost nothing but incentive to only be concerned with your core group and no one else.  BDO & BnS are probably the most hateful communities I've come across and again, seems that it stems from the game design and from there really being very few consequences for making things as vile as possible for others. In both games players are forced to compete for the same mobs/mission areas/grind spots and then forced to face off in faction/guild battles and PvP for the best rewards.

You're right that it can't all be controlled, but it's interesting that so many player's answer to toxicity is to tell everyone it's here to stay and just let it go on.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know what else you can do? Block people, turn off the chat and NOT make an attention seeking post about it on the forums. If people like yourself left games, they'd probably be in a better state. :) 

More like games would be better if the people who gave Nancy these responses left...........

Thank you for all the replies, in a way the post was to see if I was too "sensitive"  or if others felt the same. Valasceria I agree with your timeline it seems in the last 5 years things took a dive.  As RonnieJw said blocking worked for me until it was over 100 then the chat off entirely seemed to make sense.  A example for me would be when I simply asked how to finish a quest and got whispers of "choke on deez nuts"  "all quest will end when you kill yourself"  "fking newb".   I hope all players can enjoy this game without the depravity, crudity, and lack of empathy for fellow players that pop up in the chat box several times a day.. For me chat off seems to be the best option for now. Thank you all for the exchange of views. NN

1 person likes this

Posted

BTW if anyone feels funny and would like to share chat experiences please do it here, I'm curious to see what happens and umm remember to submit content that is in the limits of the rules though !

Posted

You know what else you can do? Block people, turn off the chat and NOT make an attention seeking post about it on the forums. If people like yourself left games, they'd probably be in a better state. :) 

3k+ posts talk about attention seeking on a forum, bruh?

Posted (edited)

More like games would be better if the people who gave Nancy these responses left...........

So people who disagree with the Nancy should just leave.  Even those who gave completely civil responses.  You'd end up with a pretty empty game filled with people sniping each other with passive aggressive comments, because they refuse to discuss an issue people disagree on openly and frankly.  To do so would be considered "toxic" and "hateful" I'm sure.

Edited by Kyrielle_Atrinati

Posted

You surely ain't used to MMO/MMORPG's or online games in general, i dare you to find a place where people are that kind and altruists, but i guess you can't unless you start to play games with no competition where every content is absolutely made for all.
If people insults you that's another matter and you can always report them, but a post which states that toxicity of a community, is kinda toxic itself.

I can name a few:

The original Everquest . . . . . played 4.5 years
SWG . . . . . . played over 2 years
Wildstar . . . . . . . played 2 years
Everquest 2 . . . . . .played over 8 years
to name a few.

The OP is correct.  I have never seen a more toxic and rude community as this.  Now go ahead a flame to prove my point!

1 person likes this

Posted

... *long corny text about personal freedom nobody really asked for*

You must really like to listen to yourself to write such a block of text defending argument that you yourself constructed. Nobody is asking for Policed speech, please take your ukulele and go sing protest songs elsewhere.

Posted

3k+ posts talk about attention seeking on a forum, bruh?

... yeah @Plunge is funny and a nice person, except when inciting people to leave the game, anyway he's also interesting and already has my attention Apq5gx0.gif

Posted

It sucks having to turn off channel chats, I remember when people would be able to hold decent conversations.
Nowadays you can't even do that w/o someone making dumb remarks. Society these days seems to favor "dumbing" down conversing. They favor short & simple.
You can see this in Facebook posts : "Pizza is love", gets 100 Likes. "Make a thoughtful status a paragraph long", gets 2 likes.
That is the internet these days.

I miss the early internet(90s early 2000), when A/S/L, AIM, Creepy MSN chatrooms, and these stupid dollz were a thing & you would post them all over your myspace->Related image.

And the worst MMORPG insult was "you're a noob.":D

2 people like this

Posted

I say it is toxic on both EU/NA, but i seen worse and it's not really that bad.

I mean it can get bad sometimes, when a player "thinks" he/she owns the chat by saying nasty things. Only reason why he or she dares to do that, is because they are far far away from you. Saying something to a person face to face is something that not many dare to do really.

So those who are creating a toxic chat is nothing more than a bunch of p****** or d**** without an IQ over 0.01%.

They need to play Real Life a lot more.

Posted

It think it's more of a circle jerking problem. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted (edited)

You must really like to listen to yourself to write such a block of text defending argument that you yourself constructed. Nobody is asking for Policed speech, please take your ukulele and go sing protest songs elsewhere.

So why does the thread exist when there are methods of dealing with trolling on the chat?

The methods are there, its down to the person to use them, so why aren't they and why are they making this thread?

Stop the typing for five seconds, re-read what the OP posted, re-read the title and ask yourself the question "If the tools exist, what do they want?"

Critical thinking, learn it, it's a valuable real life skill.

Edited by MadMaximoff