• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Chopping:Skilled/Professional

9 posts in this topic

Posted

A simple question. Does chopping:skilled/professional give better yields when you are chopping timbers/planks? Do you get more plywoods chopping timbers or more chance?

If yes, how do you get chopping:professional?

Thank you in advance!

Posted

Hopefully not TO late, the higher your processing level the more chance you get on extra goods. Like chopping timber into planks at beginner will most of the time give 1 plank. At professional (5) I get on average 2.5-3 planks. Also when chopping Ash Timber to Ash Planks there is a slight chance you will get an Ash Plywood once you reach Professional 5 or higher.

You can increase your processing level (includes Grinding, Chopping, Heating etc..) can be increased by simply Heating and Chopping Ore/Timber. If you press L in-game every skill on the top side will increase your Processing level. 

Posted

Hopefully not TO late, the higher your processing level the more chance you get on extra goods. Like chopping timber into planks at beginner will most of the time give 1 plank. At professional (5) I get on average 2.5-3 planks. Also when chopping Ash Timber to Ash Planks there is a slight chance you will get an Ash Plywood once you reach Professional 5 or higher.

You can increase your processing level (includes Grinding, Chopping, Heating etc..) can be increased by simply Heating and Chopping Ore/Timber. If you press L in-game every skill on the top side will increase your Processing level. 

Sorry but I didn't mean that :(

I was talking about the knowledge, not the life skill level -> http://bddatabase.net/us/item/36566/

I know that you need that knowledge (and the heating one) to make some items but the knowledge also says: "Skilled choppers yield better results than Beginner choppers". So my doubt is if that quote is about general life skill level or about the knowledge (as an extra yield regardless your life skill level).

Posted

@Edremis hey there!

Sorry for the late response, I have no idea.. Sorry. I know like you said it is needed for produce certain items but that's all I know.

1 person likes this

Posted

Any news on Chopping: Professional ?

Posted

You get more timbers the higher profession lvl, but as for logs, you can only get 1-2 every tree no matter which level you are.

Posted

You get more timbers the higher profession lvl, but as for logs, you can only get 1-2 every tree no matter which level you are.

It's not about the profession level but a specific knowledge obtained from a quest.

Posted

The knowledge for "skilled' life certificates comes from a quest chain requiring Professional in both processing and gathering (dont recall name, but u can find it in database). "Professional certificates" are not in game as of yet (there is a huge amount of knowledges that are unobtainable). 

As for multiples from gathering/processing. This is the general benefit of having higher lvl gathering/processing (the only one actually); it can also be affected by Luck (thus using Lucky tools while going for shards will also get u more plywoods from tree procs). At higher gathering, you will start consistently getting silver/gold/platinum ore from rocks as well as gemstones, and this can add up. 

hope it helps :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I level gathering and processing on 6 characters and have seen returns from Beginner to Professional 10. The difference in processing (chopping) is there and it is stacked. Beginner 5, 1 to 2 planks for 5 logs, 1 to 2 Plywood for 10 planks.
Professional 10, 3 to 4 planks per 5 logs, 3 to 4 Plywood per 10 planks.

Scale it,
- 500 logs get roughly 120 - 150 planks, 15 - 20 Plywood at Beginner 5.
- 500 logs get roughly 350 Planks, 100 Plywood at Professional 10.