• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Protected Guild got declared

39 posts in this topic

Posted

So as title says, i belong to a guild that has never node war'd, or been in war before, we're rather casual, and somehow today we got declared for the first time, how is it possible?

1 person likes this

Posted

Personal opinion, but there shouldn't be a "protected" feature at all....just saying 

8 people like this

Posted

lol who cares working as intended

Posted

Personal opinion, but there shouldn't be a "protected" feature at all....just saying 

That's not the question in matter. But thanks for your opinion, very demanded :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Being in a protected PVE guild myself i support this feature 

no one should be able to greif without consequence and its enough of a screw around for pvp guilds not to go out of their to dec on pvers just for the sake of them 

1 person likes this

Posted

Being in a protected PVE guild myself i support this feature 

no one should be able to greif without consequence and its enough of a screw around for pvp guilds not to go out of their to dec on pvers just for the sake of them 

I don't ask for myself, i personally don't mind getting dec'ed, also i was the one getting griefed, he dec'ed on me :) . Also i ask for my guildies, a lot of them don't want to be in wars, are low, and stuff like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's possible if the guild that declared on yours has also never won a node before, or your guilds have been in war before already. If they've never won a node like your guild, then that puts them in the same "bracket" and the game sees it fair to war them. I hope that makes some sense! :)

Posted (edited)

So as title says, i belong to a guild that has never node war'd, or been in war before, we're rather casual, and somehow today we got declared for the first time, how is it possible?

The protection is faulty..

It can be bypassed by a guild that has no current war declarations and hasn't participated in a node war with 24hrs. And if the guild has multiple war declaration they can remove all war declarations and re-declare with your guild in the list.

The protection is a LIE!

Edited by remilafo
4 people like this

Posted

It's possible if the guild that declared on yours has also never won a node before, or your guilds have been in war before already. If they've never won a node like your guild, then that puts them in the same "bracket" and the game sees it fair to war them. I hope that makes some sense! :)

The protection is faulty..

It can be bypassed by a guild that has no current war declarations and hasn't participated in a node war with 24hrs. And if the guild has multiple war declaration they can remove all war declarations and re-declare with your guild in the list.

The protection is a LIE!

Thanks for the insight.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you can be declared apon by fellow casual PVE guilds who have never been at war/dont have a node

You can be declared by a PvP guild IF

1. They dont have any ongoing wars for x amount of time, not sure exactly how long it is but they cant just drop all their wars and declare on you. least we couldnt.
2. they havent been in a node war within 1 day
3. they do not own any nodes, even though they have been in a node war within 24 hours.

Pretty specific conditions imo.

Edited by 6footgeeks

Posted (edited)

you can be declared apon by fellow casual PVE guilds who have never been at war/dont have a node
You can be declared by a PvP guild IF

1. They dont have any ongoing wars for x amount of time, not sure exactly how long it is but they cant just drop all their wars and declare on you. least we couldnt.
2. they havent been in a node war within 1 day
2. they do not own any nodes, even though they have been in a node war within 24 hours.

Pretty specific conditions imo.

1. wrong... they can have any amount of guild wars ongoing. Just have to cancel and re-list all wars

2. not quite.. Haven't WON a node war within 24hrs.

3. Wrong... they can own a node.

Edited by remilafo

Posted

1. wrong... they can have any amount of guild wars ongoing. Just have to cancel and re-list all wars
Not according to our testing, we couldnt declare on the guild despite cancelling our wars, later in the day it worked. we hadnt been in any node wars in a couple of days as well.

2. not quite.. Haven't WON a node war within 24hrs.
 Could be. Gotta check it out

3. Wrong... they can own a node.
"they do not own any nodes, even though they have been in a node war within 24 hours." Means they never did node wars or lost, so relates to your opinion on 2.

Posted

k cool...

despite the issues with the system..  the protection isn't as quite SOLID as the june 17th patch notes described.

Posted

Please put in a ticket so you can give Daum fresh logs on the issue. Thx

Posted (edited)

Please put in a ticket so you can give Daum fresh logs on the issue. Thx

people already have, their response was "working as intended" 
which is good. One less way to karma-bomb/grief other players

Edited by xcandykitten
1 person likes this

Posted

people already have, their response was "working as intended" which is good. One less way to karma-bomb/grief other players

First, i was getting karma bombed, not bombing, it actually made me a favor. The issue is why it happened, it was never possible before. People just seem to keep misisng the point. Oh lord....

3 people like this

Posted

Basically the only way to dec a dirty karma bomber guild is to drop all wars and give up your nodes, not worth it for the most part

my guild only did it once because we had a long history of being karma bombed by a particularly unpleasant group of players.  The good news is that after you dec you can just leave it up and keep doing what you were doing before

Posted

people already have, their response was "working as intended" which is good. One less way to karma-bomb/grief other players

Thats funny because that wasn't the response I received. Please don't post BS as fact unless you actually know first hand.

1 person likes this

Posted

just get a small guild to dec on a small guild then us folk in a large or xl guild can dec on you working as intended. At sausans and pirates we got sick of protected guilds so i made a alt account with alt guild just to dec them trolls cause spot taken.

1 person likes this

Posted

just get a small guild to dec on a small guild then us folk in a large or xl guild can dec on you working as intended. At sausans and pirates we got sick of protected guilds so i made a alt account with alt guild just to dec them trolls cause spot taken.

thats a great idea, well played

Posted

if you guys are decing to combat bombing, whats stopping them from just getting protection and going back to greifing? 

Posted (edited)

The same happend last week to my Guild 
We are only 23 Players and the Guild that declared us the War had over 80 people ... we could do nothing , no boss no fishing or ridinge a horse outside of a safezone. We got instantly attacked and killed from 3-5 peeps 
This isnt okay .. honestly 

Edited by Toska
2 people like this

Posted

So it begins. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

Maybe a GM would know. Suggest that you also write a ticket.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe a GM would know. Suggest that you also write a ticket.

we did.. of course we did :-)
i will not post the answer here because i dont think its allowed but i can tell that they are looking into it 

2 people like this