• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No cash shop for live until the 10th?

140 posts in this topic

Posted

Do they really think any of us will still be playing on the 10th of March?  

I might at well downgrade from my $100 pack to the $50 pack since I will not be able to spend the $25 in pearls.

Posted

Well it can mean NA or EU server just as easily as imply multi servers. We still need official confirmation one way or the other.

Claiming Process for Pre-Order Items
• Once the claiming process has opened, you will have to create first a character on a server of your liking

I will henceforth try to believe your theory. Thank you for getting my hype train somewhat back on track.

Posted

u might not even be able to redeem the pet till after the cash shop goes up...

That would be among the dumbest policies I've heard of but its possible, how do we choose a pet with no cash shop up?

Posted

The fact that I will have to loot everything manually into my tiny 5-slot inventory while my character looks like a bum makes me wanna cry into my gold crusted cereal bowl.

Stop being lazy and do some quests and you can expand your inventory. There's no need to purchase inventory slots off of the cash shop when the game gives you a ton for free.

Posted

That would be among the dumbest policies I've heard of but its possible, how do we choose a pet with no cash shop up?

Its a voucher, i want to believe you open it up from your inv and select a pet ? who knows... noone can tell but DAUM if our claim items will be available at LAUNCH (not CBT2).

I find the cash shop release date pretty fair, they can still do some testings on it, and adjust the prices on it if its expensive / cheap.

Posted

Do they really think any of us will still be playing on the 10th of March?  

I might at well downgrade from my $100 pack to the $50 pack since I will not be able to spend the $25 in pearls.

meh, way i look at it, this is a benefit and let's be honest u gave them the 100 expecting to be able to p2w and get an advantage over the masses, way i look at it, this is better for the future of the game.

that's what i was thinking, it could be like a coupon would they really make a whole new window in the game to select a free pet? like i don't know if they would have invested the time because of that.

Posted

We're all going to show up wearing the same outfit then?

How embarrassing.

3 people like this

Posted

This must be a nice joke from Devs with this cash shop from 10.03...................... 

GIVE ME CAT'S AT START, OR I KILL MYSELF PICKING DROP BY HAND 

3 people like this

Posted

Well at least the timeline is clearly laid out and we can plan our purchases ahead of time.  

Still, 11 days of only 1 pet (assuming we can redeem that pet) is going to suck.  I fully intended to buy 3 additional pets as soon as possible.

Posted

Stop being lazy and do some quests and you can expand your inventory. There's no need to purchase inventory slots off of the cash shop when the game gives you a ton for free.

There are 30 quests total that give you inventory slots. Not even enough for a cooking session.

The maximum is 192 inventory slots.

Get your facts straight or get the ----- out.

Posted

lol you're not gonna even have room to auto loot with 1 cat.  So many players will be hunting around you...

Posted

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/58

A week after launch is when the cash shop opens? Why? My only guess is in case something needs to be changed...

Was really hoping to get some weight and more pets right away. ...

I would love the cash shop available day 1, BUT I can see a benefit

I have played new games and bought myself stuff and a week later regretted the choice of class or server and hesitated to change because of the money I would have wasted on an avatar I might not want anymore.

Having a week to get settled isn't the end of the world and might turn out to be a blessing.

I could be wrong but trying to look at the bright side.

1 person likes this

Posted

How did you get the pets in CBT1? There was no CS so pets should be obtained anyway

Posted (edited)

u might not even be able to redeem the pet till after the cash shop goes up...

Its a voucher, i want to believe you open it up from your inv and select a pet ? who knows... noone can tell but DAUM if our claim items will be available at LAUNCH (not CBT2).

I find the cash shop release date pretty fair, they can still do some testings on it, and adjust the prices on it if its expensive / cheap.

Claiming Process for Pre-Order Items
• Once the claiming process has opened, you will have to create first a character on a server of your liking
Once created, you can claim all items yourself via our website

That doesn't really make it clear though ...the pet could very well be a 'token' so how to choose which pet from the available options?!

Edited by PhlangePhace
1 person likes this

Posted

At least they gave us a roadmap and didn't hide it/wait til the last minute. As much as I want to throw money at them as soon as the game opens I can understand why they don't want to open the cash shop instantly 

Posted

We're all going to show up wearing the same outfit then?

How embarrassing.

IKR? I really hope they reconsider the cash shop date, The starter gear is all so gross looking for valkyrie, and the preorder outfit I get is ugly.... :(

Posted

Well that's a surprise, already planned to buy 2 pets straight away so they will be higher level when I will reach level 50.. It will be quite hard now :(

Posted

Wow leveling with 1 pet Jesus I'll blow my brains out

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

WoW so fail my hype has gone way down...................................... OH LET ME GUESS DAUM...... I ALSO WONT GET THE ONE PET UNTIL CASH SHOP IS AVAILABLE...........................

Edited by xLightning

Posted

There are 30 quests total that give you inventory slots. Not even enough for a cooking session.

The maximum is 192 inventory slots.

Get your facts straight or get the ----- out.

I play in KR fine without ever having purchased inventory slots and I have a bunch of them. And I also cook. You'll run into the weight limit before you should ever run out of space in your inventory.

Posted (edited)

Don't mind the wait/delay for most things, given that we'll have been pre-warned about pricing in CBT2....

But the possibility of running without pets for both the headstart, and a week after that, is a bit of a slap

Edited by PhlangePhace
1 person likes this

Posted

I play in KR fine without ever having purchased inventory slots and I have a bunch of them. And I also cook. You'll run into the weight limit before you should ever run out of space in your inventory.

That's really a great story. Please stay there while you're at it. Bye.

Posted

I intended to buy the extra pets, inventory space, and weight as well. What a bummer.

Posted (edited)

I normally never post on forums, but this time I can not look the other way...

@CM_Jouska

11 days before we (conq package) can USE our pearls is ridiculous. We start earlier than other packages, and get T5 horse. I know exactly what is in the Conq package so there is no need to respond to me on this subject, however, 25 euro worth of pearls that we can NOT spend for 11 days means we only get a package worth 75 euro for 11 days. So, we pay for 100euro but only get 75euro... I hope you can understand the big frustration!

How is this fair? We pay for a service, where one of the perks is only available 11 days later. 

Edited by Biox
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska Listen you have a game with a terrible loot system designed specifically to force us to rely on the cash shop. Ok, fine. The vast majority of the community has been nice enough not to complain about such a bad policy and we've even gone as far as to get excited about having a pet system. But Jesus Christ the least you can do after forcing them down our throats is at least let us have some pets at pre-order launch. I don't know how but just let us buy some damn pets before we all kill ourselves trying to loot. I did not spend $100 for this!

Edited by Leiloni