• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is this game friendly for new player?

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Let's say you play this game 1 month avarage 3 hour/day avarage (mostly from weekend)

And after 1 month..

Are you behind other players in progression 1-year? If not how many months you're behind?

And what if you played 2 month? 3 hour/day avarage. How many months you're behind progression in  lifeskills/xp/itemization.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

mhhh if you play 3 hours a day, are you behind ppl who play 15 ? mhhhhhhhhhh so hard to puzzle............ SO HARDU.

Posted

mhhh if you play 3 hours a day, are you behind ppl who play 15 ? mhhhhhhhhhh so hard to puzzle............ SO HARDU.

It doesn't necessary have to.

I could keep 6 months brake from wow, come back new season. Play arenas or new raids and be at top level if I have skills for it.

Posted

At that time investment you are looking at several months to catch up...  thing is progression is capped at PEN (+20 gear) for every person in the game.  You can catch up, it will just take a very long time for you to get there at the ammount of time you are putting in.

Also RNG, so you could get lucky with drops and whatnot and get BiS gear, or you could never see a piece and have to buy everything *shrug*

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah and unfortunally there is no diminishing returns in progression. Like getting less stats there higher you are.

So player outtime instead outskill other player. It should be opposite, skill should be 90% time 10%. Here it's 10% skill 90% time I recon.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted (edited)

How many months will you be behind someone else in progression? Subtract the amount of months you have played from the amount that the other player has played, of course.

Progression is rewarded by 3 things, aside from RNG which is out of one's control at times.

Motivation - Every once in a while you find a new player who's really motivated, and they will easily surpass people who have played since launch within like two months, given that they play the same amount per day. This should be obvious, and also the driving force of any progression.

Knowledge - If you don't know how stuff works, you won't progress. You have to be motivated ^ to look into the mechanics and research them. Someone who grinds for enhancement materials and understands how to properly failstack will travel at several times the pace of someone who grinds for straight silver until they can buy the already-upgraded item. If I put everything I've spent into already-upgraded items instead of the materials to make them myself, I'd probably have about 30% of the gear I do. Maybe even less. There's nothing wrong with taking the second route of course, as many people prefer to, but it's not how you progress fast. There's obviously still RNG to every part of this.

Time investment - Obviously. I'm casually afk-lifeskilling as of now (because I lack motivation atm) but I played hardcore for about 2 and a half months for 2 to 3 hours a day (working full time), and got from full +15 grunil (Very bad gear) to full tri best in slot gear with mostly tri/duo accessories. Hell, I've got friends who play 1 to 2 hours a day and they've gotten to a mix of TET/TRI best in slot gear without any blessing of RNG. If you can't invest time, you can make money while afk easily anyways. Make your 1-2 hours count and you'll be fine. I garuntee you most people who play 8 hours a day don't event spend 1-2 of it productively. Everyone will have a different amount of time to play which is why you shouldn't worry about this. Although, if you've got the first two things and a lot of time, then knock yourself out.

Edited by ebonystallion

Posted

Let's say you play this game 1 month avarage 3 hour/day avarage (mostly from weekend)

And after 1 month..

Are you behind other players in progression 1-year? If not how many months you're behind?

And what if you played 2 month? 3 hour/day avarage. How many months you're behind progression in  lifeskills/xp/itemization.

Jesus dude in what game you wont fall behind if you play 3h per day and other guy play 16?

You play as much as you can or as much as you enjoy. If you post stuff like this you do not have time / money / will power to compete for the top 1%.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Motivation - Every once in a while you find a new player who's really motivated, and they will easily surpass people who have played since launch within like two months, given that they play the same amount per day. This should be obvious, and also the driving force of any progression.

Knowledge - If you don't know how stuff works, you won't progress. You have to be motivated ^ to look into the mechanics and research them. Someone who grinds for enhancement materials and understands how to properly failstack will travel at several times the pace of someone who grinds for straight silver until they can buy the already-upgraded item. If I put everything I've spent into already-upgraded items instead of the materials to make them myself, I'd probably have about 30% of the gear I do. Maybe even less. There's nothing wrong with taking the second route of course, as many people prefer to, but it's not how you progress fast. There's obviously still RNG to every part of this.

This!

If you don't have time you need motivation and knowledge.

With motivation you simply don't stop to play.

With knowledge you know what to do and how to use your time so with 1 hour you can get what others do in 3 hours.

For example, I have played this game since open beta (with a break of 3 months) but I'm far behind other players that started to play since 3 months, why? Because I spend my time doing stupid things like trying to invest in a life skill that I'm not going to use, leveling characters (back when leveling was harder) because I was a little upset with my main (in reality I just didn't know how to play my main), doing a lot of afk processing of mats that are useless (for me), trying to gather mats to craft something that I never end crafting...

But if I had invested my time in my main, grinding and in just one life skill I would have a better character and better gear.

What happen in this game is that a lot of players like me whine (not me) because they don't know what they are doing and then they don't get better gear or can't make money fast enough.

The most important thing is: have fun.

To answer your question:

I can't measure how many months because it's subjetive (are you efficient or not?) but I would say:

Lifeskills: There are a few life skills that are a pain in the ass to level up (trade, training and hunting for me) but for others life skills you can get up to artisan/master in a month if you know how to use your time/energy/cp and you afk while you aren't playing.

Exp/level: You can grind "easily" (this depend on how well you tolerate/like grinding) to 58 in a few days/2 weeks.

Itemization: Here you have a problem. You need to invest time to make enough money to get gear and to improve it. I have seen people like you (3 hours a day) that in a month they are almost full tri liverto, grunil, accuracy offhand and full pri/duo accesories so if you have luck and you are efficient (most of your time grinding) you could get full duo in a month and considering that you need full tri to start being competitive then yes... you aren't THAT behind. The problem here is RNG. If you don't stop failing at improving your gear you will need more time (and motivation).

My advice is: Grind and when afk do fishing. While you are leveling from level 1 to level 56 do quests that give you at least 100 contribution exp to level a bit your CP. Once you are at least full pri and level 56  you can get into a life skill but first learn all you will need and what you will have to do before of you could end losing a lot of time. Use the forums for that :D

About your first gear:

Weapon: If you are going for the green route first and later switch to liverto... don't listen to old guides and don't use a yuria. Use for example a bares weapon (cheaper) and focus on a green offhand that gives you accuracy and forget about the AP one for now.

Armor: Heve or grunil but I advice you to use heve. While grunil is better heve don't lose the set bonus once you change one of your pieces once you switch to boss armor so is more versatile in the long run.

Accesories: Use red coral rings, red/blue coral earrings, scarla necklace and belt of shultz the gladiator or something like that (something good but cheap) and don't upgrate it unless you have the rest of your gear at least full pri.

And the most important thing: be active and log in everyday. There are a lot of events to help newcomers to catch up. use those events and you will get some extra things :D

Edited by Edremis

Posted

I could keep 6 months brake from wow, come back new season. Play arenas or new raids and be at top level if I have skills for it.

And that's exactly why wow is "casual shit" now and since almost every other mmo in the past years tried to copy wow, also the reason why wow basically ruined the mmo genre. Thats where all the hate against wow stems from, mmorpgs shouldnt be about buying new xpacs (even worse, beeing FORCED to buy them to be able to keep playing), making your past hundreds/thousands of hours worthless & wasted and then finishing new content in a few weeks, mmorpgs should be about long-term investments, timesinks and growing communities.

Posted

fall behind who? 

who is your competition at 3 hours per day? 

Posted (edited)

And after 1 month..

As mentioned before, your progression depends on your knowledge and how wisely you use your time online. 
If you want to be as competitive as possible in the shortest amount of time then you'll have to start planning.

The destinations are more or less the same, but there are a few different routes to get there, and it'll also depend on your play-style.

Personally, since I have plenty of time (work leave) I am playing the game at my own pace, working on buffing up cp and life skills etc so I could establish a proper worker/trade/future node location network before I have a go at awakening. I simply prioritize on being self sufficient (making everything myself). 

But yea, use whatever style that suits you. Games are ultimately designed for entertainment.  

Edited by Cheyr

Posted

Yeah, that's true for majority of western MMORPG's. Each expansion has it's own level- and gear cap. They're definitely more casual friendly than BDO, if limited gaming time, yet interested in endgame activities. Only advantage a massive no-lifer tends to have in Western commercial MMORPG's, is more geared alts lol.

I could return today to one of the games I used to play and catch up to average stats&level in a few weeks. This game for sure requires a lot more. As a new players, I'd say at least 3-4 months of BDO to get one character that's half-decent. That is, if you know what you're doing and manage your time well.

However, BDO still has so many activities and viable/rewarding playstyles for casual people. It's unique that way. In majority of western MMORPG's, if you're unable to run raids on weekdays(because work+family) or not into various PvP maps and instances, you'll end up really bored and nothing to do.

Posted

And thats the difference here cuz in wow you can aquire easily new geartiers as each season or expansion is sort of a "reset" where everyone gets to catch up, even inbetween its fairly easy. In return for such content being easy to prepare for and aquire, it also gets stale fast, so you need new content to keep wow interesting. In bdo its more longterm progression, we do not get new gear at such rapid cycle, even in KR most of the gear is still best in slot going strongt 2yrs+. In return it takes longer time to Upgrade said gear on average, so here it is very important how you spend your time and means to aquire resources in getting geared faster. bdo is a world where everything u do affects it all, while wow is an instance where stuff u do may only be related to that instance. You can also reach far in bdo by using the AFK systems in place, such as AFK Fish while u sleep or work while your workers aquire materials for u.

But realisticly, the player who wants to compete against the top needs to put in a good 4 5 hrs at min daily, even then it could be hard as there are players putting in 10+ hrs a day, and while there is a hardcap on level, they still progress a tiny bit lvlwise and much gearwise.

Posted

If you are ready to have your whole game experience rule by RNG, gear2noskill pvp win.

You progression will only depend of that RNG luck, maybe in 30days you are going to be "relevant" in """""pvp""""" because necessary gear score, or maybe, in 3years you are still going to have a sh#tty gear because no luck.

If you are a gambling addict, sure, that game might please you. If you like you deserve / build yourself / earn / learn / improve, your progression, well, guess you might want to play another game. ( even tho, you still can enjoy the open world pve, all quest, all story, so the base game gameplay )