• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DO NOT MISS THE KEY DATES

757 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Are you kidding me? Do you not pay attention to any of the cons of a mega server?

CONS: Smaller guilds that want pvp can never find pvp for wars only larger guilds, which is NOT the majority of guilds on a server.

Sieges WILL lag on the 3 channels for sieges, killing any hype for the only end game content in this game.

When sieges finally don't lag, only 3 guilds can own a region. Go look at the guild forums hundreds of guilds want to compete for region sieges. only 3 will be able to win and those 3  will always have an advantage.

It kills community because theres nothing to grow from, only a  few become relevant and everyone else is irrelevant. Making most guilds fade out and leave the game. For all the people that want community and not to feel like they are a zerg in a guild and don't know anyone so they choose smaller guilds. A mega server does that to the ENTIRE server. You are just a number and irrelevant, no one will know you unless you dominate in the 3 region sieges.

Its going on right now in Korea.

Those are huge issues with a mega server especially when the games based around PvP. Its much better to start on separate servers and then move to a mega server later.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

oh look, good points, why are you the only one on those forums that mentioned them? all I ever heard is "I don't like mega servers" never with any arguments behind it

Edited by Koinzell
1 person likes this

Posted

Please consider opening the cash shop for head start.

It's unfair people who payed more have harder time leveling than people who will start later on.

Its actually not! Not even the people at launch are able to buy stuff.

This evens out the playingfield a lot if you ask me.

Posted

@CM_Jouska is there a limitation on buying inventory spaces within the cash shop(NOT Pearl Shop) ?

Posted

is there a difference between pearl shop and cash shop?

Posted

because those people got NO clue about anything really, there are literally no downsides to mega servers except that your rank on the ladders may be lower

found the guy that got no clue on shit, give me ONE good reason to go with multi servers

There are downsides and upsides to BOTH, but people are making a big deal out of them.

So yeah I disagree with both sides, raising a shitstorm for something like this. Just enjoy the game ffs.

Posted

gvg is just as it was lol, it's not going to happen that all team up on 1 party sorry

siege yeah no, that's top guild stuff anyway

lag is the same as with multi servers, has nothing to do with mega servers

worldbosses would get contested by the top server guilds anyway, not much difference there

You can stay ignorant all you want on the subject.

However, if you choose to do that you shouldn't be allowed to voice your opinion on the subject.

The lag on a mega server is NOT the same as any lag on the single server sieges. Were you there for the first sieges in Korea and can claim that? i don't think you were otherwise you wouldn't be blatantly lying like that.

I get it, you like the concept of a mega server, however it doesn't work. stop trying to force it and kill any potential this game still has.

2 people like this

Posted

0800 UTC. = 3PM EST/12PM PST

No Cash Shop for headstart....yikes. 

I agree and cool so I don't have to be sitting here waiting for launch at 2am Central, thank god lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are downsides and upsides to BOTH, but people are making a big deal out of them.

So yeah I disagree with both sides, raising a shitstorm for something like this. Just enjoy the game ffs.

Can't enjoy the game when one of the options destroys the fun of the game. You have silly and naive logic.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can't install the game and use both regions, you install choosing a region and your account is locked to a region. So that's not what its referencing.

:O! You just made my night... ty good sir!

Posted

dumapls.thumb.png.4a4a63bcb3dbe4b17b8e85

What are you Guys doing with this game!!!!!!!!!

1. Still no info abut server configuration
2. Now we get cash shop will be disabled for start

Something going wrong here guys!  

You can delete all items in cash shop, but let players be able to buy PETS !!!!!! Lv from 1 to 50 with 1 pet will be like horror movie, and this is not fun from now!!!!

Now i first time get angry on You guys!

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree and cool so I don't have to be sitting here waiting for launch at 2am Central, thank god lol.

Yeah, no it's 2AM central, did you change the time when you quoted me? lol 8AM UTC = 3AM EST/ 12AM PST.

Posted

that with the cash-shop is bothering me :(
wanted to start with a bigger inventory and pets and stuff ._.

wait so we can't buy pets with in game money ?

Posted

1c00ebafa9.png

Posted

I get it, you like the concept of a mega server, however it doesn't work. stop trying to force it and kill any potential this game still has.

Would you stop forcing your opinion  as a truth? Plus you make it sound as the game is dead already.. ooohlol!

Don't get me wrong, I'm also in favor of multiservers, but no reason to be a condescending A-hole.

Posted

even without the cash shop, the pre-order head start gives an advantage over the grind spots. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, no it's 2AM central, did you change the time when you quoted me? lol 8AM UTC = 3AM EST/ 12AM PST.

Bah lol no, but i see that you edited it so that will save someone a headache im sure lol. Although this means im going to be in need of a sleep schedule adjustment :)

Posted

oh look, good points, why are you the only one on those forums that mentioned them? all I ever heard is "I don't like mega servers" never with any arguments behind it

Are you freaking serious? 

Posted

Would you stop forcing your opinion  as a truth? Plus you make it sound as the game is dead already.. ooohlol!

Don't get me wrong, I'm also in favor of multiservers, but no reason to be a condescending A-hole.

Have you played Korea? Have you seen the difference between multi server Korea and mega server Korea?

There's a difference between speaking from no experience and speaking from experience.

You can take it as me forcing my opinion but everything I said as cons are facts that happened to Korea.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Anyone that hasn't played when there were servers before the merge to the megaserver has no room here to talk about how it's a good thing. Literally none at all, the vets from the community that saw what happened to the state of the game from servers to megaservers saw the decline in PVP drastically this is a huge killer to the only "fun" that's in this game. Experience trumps your "opinions".

Edited by Datboi Reckless
3 people like this

Posted

wait so we can't buy pets with in game money ?

just with pearls .... 
10th march ... it sucks ... want my 3 pets and inventory slots ...

Posted

Have you played Korea? Have you seen the difference between multi server Korea and mega server Korea?

There's a difference between speaking from no experience and speaking from experience.

You can take it as me forcing my opinion but everything I said as cons are facts that happened to Korea.

Have you played other games that went the multiserver approach, were saturated on launch, opened more servers, hype died off, and servers died fast because of no pop, needing server merges/transfers that killed the community?

Mega server won't have this issues, that's one pro.

Posted

Is the pre download CBT2 only or will there also be a pre download for the early access a day or 2 before it's available?

Posted

Anyone else getting deja vu? 

Posted

You're not -----ing getting it, IF IT WORKS FOR ANOTHER GAME THAT'S GREAT IT DOESN'T FOR BLACK DESERT, like we're sitting here telling you it DOESN'T WORK well and actually has -----ed up the current state of the game ... before with 3 channels per server PVP was alive and everywhere now with megaservers noone fights till you "schedule" times and locations and what channel to meet up in fight, there goes your dynamic sandbox game, jesus you people are dumb as a bag of rocks, wait no because that bag of rocks knows it's place.

WTS chill pills, pre-order now

Mr. vet, raging at me won't get you what you want.

Posted

just with pearls .... 10th march ... it sucks ... want my 3 pets and inventory slots ...

...rotfl.. k.. and the logic of waiting 12 days after our 96 hr 'head start' we paid for is.......

why did i get the head start package then ?

from what i've seen, the pets are super helpful in the game....