• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valk Guidance

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

My Valk is currently level 56 with average gear, 156AP/257 DP, I am struggling at the moment to justify staying with Valk.  I really like the playstyle and mechanics, I like the fact it's not an easy class to play but I am getting beaten quite a lot in PvP my Musa's and Zerkers mainly.  I know I haven't unlocked my flow skills yet and I need better gear but, the PvE clear speed is no where near as good as my Witch.  Does Valk getter better with the flow skills?  Is it just the fact that I am still learning the combo's?  How does it compare in small group PvP compared to other classes?

I don't want to spend time levelling my Valk if I'm going to keep getting beaten by the current top tier classes, is there any hope?  Or should I just concentrate on my Witch (I have no problem in PvP on my Witch)

Posted

I'm answering you in your quote:

Hi All,

My Valk is currently level 56 with average gear, 156AP/257 DP, I am struggling at the moment to justify staying with Valk.  I really like the playstyle and mechanics, I like the fact it's not an easy class to play but I am getting beaten quite a lot in PvP my Musa's (my PC is shit so I can't win against a musa because of insane movement speed but I was told with practice and with higher gears you can win them) and Zerkers (it's normal that zerkers reck you because they are OP and the counter your best tool, your block) mainly.  I know I haven't unlocked my flow skills yet and I need better gear but, the PvE clear speed is no where near as good as my Witch.  Does Valk getter better with the flow skills?  (You shouldn't expect something that change your valk 180º but yes, valks get better with flows) Is it just the fact that I am still learning the combo's? (If you are a valk you never end to learn combos, you need to improve yourself constantly because it's not a faceroll class like almost half of the other classes)  How does it compare in small group PvP compared to other classes? (In small group (5 or less) valk don't shine, where valks shine is in medium/large scale fights where you can use your skills your support your team because you aren't the main damage dealer. Despite you can kill it's not your role in group PvP (but don't stop doing damage lol just don't expect to kill like a witch))

I don't want to spend time levelling my Valk if I'm going to keep getting beaten by the current top tier classes (Those classes are TOP because they beat easily the rest so don't feel bad because you lose against an OP class), is there any hope?  (I wouldn't except big changes for valks, expect little QoL changes or smalls buffs) Or should I just concentrate on my Witch (I have no problem in PvP on my Witch) (I advice you sincerely to listen yourself about it and go for the class you like more. Call it witch, call it dark knight, call it valkyrie but play the one you like the most. If this helps you... valk isn't a useless class that isn't worth playing but a class that you need to invest more time, gear and practice to be more or less equal to other classes so you are like a underdog class but if you are interested in sieges and mid/large scale fights valks can bring much more than they can bring in small scale PvP and PvE.

I hope this helps you :P

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm answering you in your quote:

I hope this helps you :P

Thankyou for taking the time to respond.  That last part is so important, at the moment I just feel frustrated because I'm struggling to keep grind spots against Zerks, Musa's, Rangers and Tamers.  I think the part I'm struggling with, is how much effort you have to put in to be equal to other classes that don't need as much gear or practice.  I know there are some changes coming in from Korea, which are minor changes and I can't see them improving Valk to the point where it needs to be.  Even though there is Super Armour on our awakening skills, I still struggle to actually get my combo's off.  Even stacking resistant buffs and popping noble spirit, I spend so much time CC'd and spamming pots before I can recover and get a combo off.

Most classes seem to melt my block, the 100% is so easy to avoid by anyone with a brain but if I land it, it does do really good damage.  If I do get a combo off, I can get a CC chain going but the the damage just isn't there.  If I compare that to my Witch, I'm more able to get CC combo chains going and do very, very good damage.  I wouldn't mind the damage drop if I felt tanky, but I don't even feel like the survivability is there.

Edited by Cyrus Glitch

Posted

If you want motivation I can link you a YT channel. Its content is mainly about valk and pvo/sieges.

But yes, I'm planning to switch valk for dark knight if dk awakening appeals to me because I get frustrated easily. Not because I lose against faceroll classes but because they think they are good... My friend keeps telling to me musas are hard to play and that sorcs have the higher skillcap (say that again to a valk, tamer or ninja for example lol).

I have even worse gear than you (life skills absorb me) so if DK end to be a great class I'm switching while PA do something to valks.

Don't get me wrong. I'm switching because my computer is trash and I know I will never get better skills atm due to that.

Posted

valk doesn't really start doing decent in pvp until 58. and at 59 pve clear speed gets a good jump.

156ap is too low. as a valk you really need closer to  190+

You will always get face-rolled by zerks if they are at least "okay" at their class and have equal gear (or better) than you.
You shouldn't be losing to Musa's.

1v1:
This is where valks shine most. Unless it's a zerk or a warrior.

Small scale:
Some damage, some CC, valks do okay here

Large scale:
CC ALL THE THINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
this is where the class is most boring. 
run in, cc, run out. rise-repeat until you get your 100%, then run in, cc, 100%, run out
throw in some heals and party buffs.
boring

Here is some older videos of my valk when i was a hybrid build (58 161/295):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkC9NlIo9aDjCUgAU9WDUQA
couple musa fights btw, maybe check it out and see if you can pick up some tips on how to fight them

In the end i re-rolled to warrior. Warrior is a little boring though and i've been messing around with witch the past couple days.
I personally don't like any of the classes in BDO, but valk feels like it's the most rewarding, but underpowered. Rather win and be bored than lose.

2 people like this

Posted

Really good video for showing how to fight 1vs2 interesting though, that you chose to re-roll!

Posted

Really good video for showing how to fight 1vs2 interesting though, that you chose to re-roll!

To be good at valk you have to put in a lot of effort.
Valk is more of a support class than a killing class (at least before 200ap)
Valk pve clear speed is one of the worst of all classes

I just wanted to make my BDO experience a bit easier/faster

Posted

Hi All,

My Valk is currently level 56 with average gear, 156AP/257 DP, I am struggling at the moment to justify staying with Valk.  I really like the playstyle and mechanics, I like the fact it's not an easy class to play but I am getting beaten quite a lot in PvP my Musa's and Zerkers mainly.  I know I haven't unlocked my flow skills yet and I need better gear but, the PvE clear speed is no where near as good as my Witch.  Does Valk getter better with the flow skills?  Is it just the fact that I am still learning the combo's?  How does it compare in small group PvP compared to other classes?

I don't want to spend time levelling my Valk if I'm going to keep getting beaten by the current top tier classes, is there any hope?  Or should I just concentrate on my Witch (I have no problem in PvP on my Witch)

Nope dosnt get any better. you need 220+ AP and 340+ DP to Compare yourself against any other class with 180 AP / 250 DP.. yep.. Valkyrie is that bad.. and it wont ever change :(.

You are better off, playing something else that is good for you in the future. stick to youre Witch. If you like valkyrie. its okay. but meh not great at all.

Also Be Aware that video is Korea. meaning we valks is nothing like that in NA/EU. and we wont ever get those Valk Stats that they have :(

Posted (edited)

Also Be Aware that video is Korea. meaning we valks is nothing like that in NA/EU. and we wont ever get those Valk Stats that they have :(

I can assure you that my video (the one he's talking about 2v1) is from NA. 

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

Valkyrie isn't that bad dude. Just needs a little bit more gear compared to others to stay on par. If you constantly compare yourself to others in this game, it won't be very fun for you. Valkyrie is one of the funnest classes in terms of skills that i've played (close to Dark Knight, but thats not out yet here).

Just be patient with the class. This class is all about PATIENCE. It's playstyle revolves around what your enemy does first which requires patience and our buffs require our patience. So just stick with the class. Level up an alt and you'll find yourself coming back to Valkyrie. Since you're 56, get to 58 and learn Terra Sancta then you'll start liking it a lot. Warrior starts off strong at 56 but doesn't get significantly stronger at 58 like a Valkyrie does. In the end it's all about the player behind the keyboard. Sj y isn't nearly as good as some of the Valks i fought in KR but i have to give him an enormous amount of credit for being the only Valk to put out good guides.

1 person likes this

Posted

Valks aren't bad biggest issue is DP really doesn't scale well and for Valks to get close to 200ap or more you need TET weapons and at least tri accessories where other classes can hit 200 much easier.

Posted

Valks aren't bad biggest issue is DP really doesn't scale well and for Valks to get close to 200ap or more you need TET weapons and at least tri accessories where other classes can hit 200 much easier.

Please explain how other classes can get 200ap easier when its the exact same gear across the board. 

Posted

my video is from NA. 

well its all in Korean or something.. hmm

Posted

Please explain how other classes can get 200ap easier when its the exact same gear across the board. 

oh, it's pretty simple, off-hand. Before nouver our only AP choice was crappy axion with its moronic min/max value. Now with Nouver in game, raising AP should be a bit easier thou.

Posted

oh, it's pretty simple, off-hand. Before nouver our only AP choice was crappy axion with its moronic min/max value. Now with Nouver in game, raising AP should be a bit easier thou.

That bit easier is at least around 95 mil silver. If hey could just change Axion to a remotely decent shield... 95 mil not enchanced is for some a lot of silver though..

Posted (edited)

That bit easier is at least around 95 mil silver. If hey could just change Axion to a remotely decent shield... 95 mil not enchanced is for some a lot of silver though..

Well yes, but more than the 95M to buy it, the real issue IMHO is they're still too rare due to the dumb choice of delaying Nouver for so long. In some months probably Nouver off-hands will be more easily available thou (at least this is my hope), still, looking at kutum, I can't be too optimistic.

A tweak on Axion's stats would've been the best, faster and cheaper course of action, I agree, but as usual PA/Kakao just don't even considered it, this alone is enough proof they don't give a dime about balance (like there was any need of further evidence....)

Edited by Mjollnir
1 person likes this

Posted

Well yes, but more than the 95M to buy it, the real issue IMHO is they're still too rare due to the dumb choice of delaying Nouver for so long. In some months probably Nouver off-hands will be more easily available thou (at least this is my hope), still, looking at kutum, I can't be too optimistic.

A tweak on Axion's stats would've been the best, faster and cheaper course of action, I agree, but as usual PA/Kakao just don't even considered it, this alone is enough proof they don't give a dime about balance (like there was any need of further evidence....)

I couldn't agree more. It's sad but true. I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks about it that way.

Posted

DP isn't the issue anymore, when ur fighting people with 230 ap ur 1 cc from dying regardless of what class u are. they need to fix our animation times, or add super armor to them....

check the offhands ap on us compared to other classes...report back with what u find...

Posted (edited)

well its all in Korean or something.. hmm

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

Y u so Korean >:o

Posted

Y u so Korean >:o

i unno o:<

Posted (edited)

i unno o:<

Also "You desync more than a sorc!" ;3;3;3;3;3 

(Back from when I first met you bufufufu)

Edited by Momofu
Potatoes

Posted

valk doesn't really start doing decent in pvp until 58. and at 59 pve clear speed gets a good jump.

Nice fairy tale, but math is math. Nothing magical happens after 58. I have no idea what are you want to achieve by talk bullshit to new players and give them fake hope.

Posted (edited)

Nice fairy tale, but math is math. Nothing magical happens after 58. I have no idea what are you want to achieve by talk bullshit to new players and give them fake hope.

Yah man I totally agree math is math. Nothing magical like more math happens after 58. Check out these totally fake skill modifiers I found online that don't happen after you level up and get the needed skillpoints to place into the skills. On top of mobs going from purple -> red or lower as you level, or accuracy against other players changing, those are all also non-existent btw. 

Lancia Training

• lvl 58 15% movement speed for 10s (use side attack cancel into guard)
  • lvl 60 20% movement speed for 10s (use side attack cancel into guard)

Sacrum Ferit

• lvl 58 922 x 6
  • lvl 60 1046 x6

Castigatio

• lvl 58 743 x7 hits +6% Accuracy
  • lvl59 888 x7 hits +8% Accuracy

Verdict: Lancia Iustitiae

• lvl 58 659 x6 hits on ground 688 x6 hits on pull out
  • lvl 62 831 x6 hits on ground 856 x10 hits on pull out (with flow skill)

Sanctitas de Ensar

• lvl 56 938% marking 938% x 3 on landing
  • lvl 61 1324% marking 1324% x 3 on landing +20 Melee AP when using for 10seconds

There are more skills that add stuff after 59+ but A) I got lazy and B) they don't exist anyway because math is hard. SKILL LEVELS ARE A LIE MADE BY NORTH KOREA D8!!

Edited by Momofu
i'm bad at editing T_T
1 person likes this

Posted

Yah man I totally agree math is math...

While other classes have same/better but around 30-40% DMG more. For example ranger

- elven rage: 1240% x 6 + 5% acu + knockdown on hit + guard when casing + superamromr + 10 DP + down atack.

- wailing wind: 1328 x6 ....

ehh.. sorry I have no enthusiasm to point more examples. The devs just did from valk a trash.