• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The costumes in the shop are overpriced

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, don't you guys think that the costumes are a bit too expresive? I think it should be more cheaper, so in that way more of us can afford paying a costume.

21 people like this

Posted

Hey, don't you guys think that the costumes are a bit too expresive? I think it should be more cheaper, so in that way more of us can afford paying a costume.

Get 24millions silvers and grind that market place.

2 people like this

Posted

Buy one off the in-game market, money isn't THAT hard to make.
The prices were already reduced from $40 in the pearl shop, it's a good thing that someone else can basically buy the outfit for you so you can buy it with in-game money.

1 person likes this

Posted

Try your luck at purchasing them from the marketplace for 20-25m silver when someone lists them, only a few of them can't be listed on there. Just set a notice for them and pop up at the marketplace when you see it.

And yeah, probably at least 100 other people also made a thread about it.

Posted

Agreed, I would buy some if they were worth half the pearls at least

4 people like this

Posted

The prices should have been half of what it is now, many people didn't like the price at the release of the game. If I remember correctly, they ended up reducing the price by 2 euros because the costumes originally had a higher price than to buy the game! Anyways, it is what it is, the price won't be adjusted now, you either grind work or you grind the auction house and pray to RNGsus.  

1 person likes this

Posted

i think u are almost 10 months too late.

5 people like this

Posted

Welcome to a year ago.

I agree, though. One of the reasons I haven't bought any costumes other than the riding one.

They are pretty pricey for something that you can only ever use on one character.

Posted

well you see, this game is a business. It has many people working on it every day. These people have family's to feed. In a perfect world we would get free costumes, but the world doesn't work that way. The price for costumes is a small price to pay to keep this game up and running, and i have no problem supporting it c:

6 people like this

Posted

What a robbery, grinding silver to buy them from the marketplace doesn't solve the problem at all.

What if I want to buy them with real money? I don't have the right for a fair purchase as it stands right now, considering I've already payed to play the game it is so unfair. I know that the damage has been done but I bought the traveler's package because I thought the tier 3 horse was worth it and now they are giving away tier 5 for free so yeah...

Posted (edited)

So, 25€ for a costume? What the hell is that? If they put them at 10€ many people would buy them, therefore they would be richer?... don't understimate small amout of money

Edited by Thunderscythe
2 people like this

Posted

well you see, this game is a business. It has many people working on it every day. These people have family's to feed. In a perfect world we would get free costumes, but the world doesn't work that way. The price for costumes is a small price to pay to keep this game up and running, and i have no problem supporting it c:

The thing is I'm not going to spend money at all because of the unfair prices. If they were fair, I would buy pearls because I also like supporting games. 

What do you prefer? having 2 people buying expensive costumes or many many more purchasing them for the fair price?

2 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if they were making enough on value packs alone though.  Perhaps they could offer a 30 day value pack that gave a discount on other store items.

Posted (edited)

The thing is I'm not going to spend money at all because of the unfair prices. If they were fair, I would buy pearls because I also like supporting games. 

What do you prefer? having 2 people buying expensive costumes or many many more purchasing them for the fair price?

This isn't how economics works, just because something is cheaper doesn't mean that it will be bought more, and it also doesn't mean that it will garner more profit either. Contrary to popular belief, most companies set there pricing in a way that makes them the most profit. Gaming companies are a business after all. 

Personally, costume prices were over 40$ in KR so I had to deal with that, and I also bought costume packages in games like GW2 which were a pretty penny too, albeit cheaper than BDO.

However, I only buy the 100$ pearl pack to get the 1500 bonus pearls, and I only buy things from the pearl shop during sales. Doing both of those things makes the prices rather decent.

tl;dr have more sales, maybe monthly ones?

For a fun side of economics, lets say

10 people buy a 25$ costume, thats 250$

Then you make the costume 10$ and the amount that buys it doubles

20 people buy a 10$ costume, thats 200$

The 1st one makes more profit. 

Edited by Catclaw
9 people like this

Posted

So, 25€ for a costume? What the hell is that? If they put them at 10€ many people would buy them, therefore they would be richer?... don't understimate small amout of money

Then they would have to lower the price of costumes on marketplace. Pay2winning €10 for 25mill is pretty fcking cheap.

Posted

For a one time costume that is permanent on your character (especially if you focus on your main) $20 is really not that bad. Work on some small side job or something for a week or two and save up $20 and buy it. Or just spam channel chat for a few days and get it on the MP.

Now if you are trying to buy a lot of costumes? Yea that could become expensive.

Posted

I spend far more money on ESO where costumes unlock to my entire account (as well as mounts). Here, every time I look at a costume and think it's not 100% horrible and maybe I'll buy it, I figure that character would be far better off with more weight limit or extra inventory slots.

For a one time costume that is permanent on your character (especially if you focus on your main) $20 is really not that bad. Work on some small side job or something for a week or two and save up $20 and buy it. Or just spam channel chat for a few days and get it on the MP.

Now if you are trying to buy a lot of costumes? Yea that could become expensive.

I love how you make the assumption that anyone who thinks that $30 for different pixels on one virtual character is a bit pricey doesn't actually have the money to buy it.

Posted

Let's put it like this. You buying the game is like you buy a ticket to Disneyland, you will have full access to all of the core function of the game and that is the same as you can enjoy all of the fun in Disneyland, meanwhile; the outfits are like extra service, you want them ? you pay for them, you don't want to ? cool, move on, no harm done. 

Outfit in BDO is just about right for all of the thing you can do with it such as dying it, mixing it, or sell on marketplace for money. Further more, you are lucky to not have those outfit get stuffed in a RNG box in cash shop, think about it. 

For the economy aspect, everyone else has pretty much said all there is about how it would affect a company's income already so I don't need to say anything else about it.

Posted

You'd be better off investing your money into some grammar courses tbh.

Posted

This isn't how economics works, just because something is cheaper doesn't mean that it will be bought more, and it also doesn't mean that it will garner more profit either. Contrary to popular belief, most companies set there pricing in a way that makes them the most profit. Gaming companies are a business after all. 

Personally, costume prices were over 40$ in KR so I had to deal with that, and I also bought costume packages in games like GW2 which were a pretty penny too, albeit cheaper than BDO.

However, I only buy the 100$ pearl pack to get the 1500 bonus pearls, and I only buy things from the pearl shop during sales. Doing both of those things makes the prices rather decent.

tl;dr have more sales 

Costumers have the power, and if people don't raise their voice and keep buying pearls for crazy prices nothing will ever change. High prices lowers the demand, they want a dual advantage in prices which is the most profit for them and that is not the way to go.

btw, I studied economics for two years 

Posted (edited)

1: Multiple threads like this since the release of the game. So you're late af. 

2: I wouldn't mind the price IF they were account bound rather than class bound :x, but as it is atm I do agree that it's overpriced :/. maybe 15-20 euro/USD for class bound, 25-30 euro/USD for account bound? :D I personally think that would attract a lot more people to buy them :).

Edited by aidlac

Posted

Another problem with this, at least in the eu, is that 25€ is up to 3 times as expensive for the average Joe/Joline depening on where you live.

However if some1 could solve this problem without ppl abusing it via proxy IPs and whatever you could probably make a business out of that idea.

Posted

Costumers have the power, and if people don't raise their voice and keep buying pearls for crazy prices nothing will ever change. High prices lowers the demand, they want a dual advantage in prices which is the most profit for them and that is not the way to go.

btw, I studied economics for two years 

Sure, "Consumers"  have the power ~ Let's just presume your power is enough to push for a change and they have no choice but to throw in the outfit in RNG box trick to keep up the revenue, then what are you gonna do next? and no, there won't be a case where you have cheap outfit + easy access to them, cause this is real life business, not a perfect world.  

Posted

How to increase kakao's income:

"Hey, lets sell costumes for 30€ / euch, so if 10000 will buy it we will run this game"

Reality: If the costume will be half the price or less, the amount of buyer will increase exorbitant

Posted (edited)

Trust me I was one of the people that wanted the prices lower. Cause normally I buy tons of costumes just cause. So Ive been more selective in this game but still bought a few over time.

Thing is, just because some may want them cheaper, doesn't mean it would make the company more money. Just admit you want them cheaper. Nothing wrong with that. But stop assuming the game is fully covered because it was B2P or you bought a value pack or w/e. There is a lot more math going on behind the scenes.

Seems like they are doing OK though, they even had sales during the holidays. Would have been best time to pick stuff up. Hopefully more in the future. 

Reality: If the costume will be half the price or less, the amount of buyer will increase exorbitant

You know professional analyst do this daily. They have models and data to drive their decision. Even then, sometimes they are wrong and it doesn't work so well.

Not sure why people think they know more than pros do.

Edited by Luciferia
3 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0