• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BDO and Asus ROG 702VM

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there, anyone in here plays the game with an Asus ROG 702VM?

If so, can you please tell me the configurations you have? Asking, cause im having issues, and need to know if its hardware related (should not be) or if its my definitions.

TY

Posted (edited)

Try turning Power4Gear to High Performance ?

Hey there, anyone in here plays the game with an Asus ROG 702VM?

If so, can you please tell me the configurations you have? Asking, cause im having issues, and need to know if its hardware related (should not be) or if its my definitions.

TY

Untitled.png

Edited by Visnja

Posted

What temp you running at ? You using MSI Afterburner ?

Posted

What temp you running at ? You using MSI Afterburner ?

Not yet, but will use it, cause atm in normal state, sometimes its at 80-85. bt then, for example, 5 minuts ago, on a char change, it jumped to 90+...

Thats why im gonna test the MSI Afterburner :)
People talk also about disable the turbo boost, i dunno :S

Posted (edited)

well I run at 100 but i disabled Turboboost process from ever starting 

Not yet, but will use it, cause atm in normal state, sometimes its at 80-85. bt then, for example, 5 minuts ago, on a char change, it jumped to 90+...

PS : my average temp is 80-85 .... this is not a serious concern truthfully. But so many things can go into running a cooler laptop. Google can help you out alot. 

Edited by Visnja
1 person likes this

Posted

PS : my average temp is 80-85 .... this is not a serious concern truthfully. But so many things can go into running a cooler laptop. Google can help you out alot. 

Try a cooling pad? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834992913

1 person likes this

Posted

Intel chip auto-throttle down above 90, and don't start taking permanent damage until 100. gpu's can run hotter, but not that much. I think you are mistaken thinking average temps of 85 are not a concern. Advise you to open laptop and blow out fans and grills.

Posted

Intel chip auto-throttle down above 90, and don't start taking permanent damage until 100. gpu's can run hotter, but not that much. I think you are mistaken thinking average temps of 85 are not a concern. Advise you to open laptop and blow out fans and grills.

80-85 is not a concern....hotter and yes it can be an issue. 

Have you changed in game settings to see if there is any exact setting that could be making you run hotter than normal ? 

Posted (edited)

Have you changed in game settings to see if there is any exact setting that could be making you run hotter than normal ? 

yesterday i stoped the turboboost, temps whent way down to max 75 CPU, 82 GPU, fps 55-60 outside cities, but damn, heidel downtown took me to 20 xD Jesus...

Today im gonna re-enable the turboboost, and try testing the Under Volt way and monitor to see how its goin :P
BTW, do you know if rivaturner have some kind of issues in BDO? Asking cause i couldnt make it show in game the fps/temps

after some kind of tests, i have one thing to BLAME...
Coherant UI, that process fcked up my cpu utiliztion like a big daddy, that made my cores be in use 4, and temps go crazy, without it :) 1, 2 cores, cpu usage down from 75% to 50% jumping from 40 to 55 i think, heat, down from the stupid 90+ to 70/80 dang

ty for trying to help me out guys

Edited by TrueCaelis

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0