• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Welcome Two New Members To The CM Team!

130 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

inhale

WHEN ARE WE GETTING FREE STUFF SO I CAN LOG BACK IN ALSO TELL PEOPLE TO STOP BULLYING ME. IM NOT FAT.

Edited by Rohunt
im not fat okay

Posted

Exactly, we are going to avoid situations like that ^^

Care to inform us of when we will get Dark Knight :o 

Posted

Welcome to our two fresh CM's. This forum is full of....fun stuff. 

And....

po.JPG

No.  No you are not.  And mana pots.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcomeeeee~

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome aboard CM_Weeabo, is nice to see a fellow spaghetti in this place.

Was what I thought when I read his intro, too – WEEB.

Hello, everyone. First of all, thank you CM Aethon for your introduction. I am so excited to be a part of the BDO Team, especially since I am extremely passionate about this game!

I have been a gamer for over 12 years now. I could list all of the games I’ve played, but there are many, so I’ll give you a few of the highlights:

Aion

Guild Wars 2

World of Warcraft

TERA

Final Fantasy XIV

I have played Black Desert Online since 2015, first in the KR version, and then on the NA/EU release.

I'm willing to bet you know Jouska on a personal level.

Posted

Welcome folks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah, communication is still going to be just as low as normal.

Infrequent communication is one thing.   ....the P.R. issues with Kakao however...   Okay those issues predate them, but I seriously hope these new hires are aware of what happened regardless because there is just so much distrust hiding under that layer like land mines.  And those people are justified in treating every patch like a backslide or some kind of betrayal even when they're completely imagining it because those things all happened.   I don't even agree with all of them myself... but it would be VERY helpful information to be aware of and I hate to say it, but people who just jump into this sort of position in a company without first immersing themselves in the full patch note history and some kind of cursory glance at how some of those things "went over" ... can only contribute to the further polarization of the community.  Especially where the Haters VS. the Fanboys are concerned

Posted (edited)

Anything you need to know... 1: Be ready for headaches. Lots of them. 2: Be prepared for lots of complains and very little "positivity" from players/folks on the forums. 3: If you start to have lots of contact with the "community" on the forums, we'll expect you to keep it up, unlike some other folks who said they would be very active and then went basically radio silent beside patch notes and a thread every once a week or every two weeks :). 4: Please keep play the game. Employee's on a gaming company that doesn't even play the game/know what they're talking about is rather annoying to deal with. 5: Salt. Prepare for lots and lots of salt. 

Ah, like "Nouver is CONFIRMED to be released before Christmas"? :)

EU or NA Aion? :3 
That passion will soon disappear once you get used to the forums I believe ^^. We're salty. Very very salty and energy draining. It's lots of work and little appreciation I think? :x

Lastly, welcome to both of you. Enjoy your time as CM's before you get tired of it ^^ (so.... 1-2 weeks? Since the playerbase isn't the most... "grateful" thing ever. Myself included :/. I tend to criticise a lot).

Then again, "wealth of experience in the industry" could honestly be a 18 year old who's played games since they were 8. That'd be "10 years in the industry" if you were to take it word for word, as the industry you're referring to is the "gaming" industry, no? So that's a pretty vague use of words. 

Thank you very much for the tips!

I'll pass most of my time in the forum, but according to what you are suggesting (and a little bit of wisdom), I'm not going to answer any comment unless I'm sure of the answer.
This is to avoid to spreading any promise we cannot keep as it happened in the past, so please be aware that we never ignore anyone.
My passion will never disappear, I play games since 24 years now and I am more than convinced that I want to do this 4ever, especially working in the gaming industry!

Thank you again for your sincere words, I'll be positive anyway, and I feel all your concerns especially staying behind the scenes, everything gets even darker.. Still we will try our best, but do not think that reporting is enough to change stuff in the game. Developers need time to evaluate every move as we send them material every week and they are always working to fix new bugs and more ^^.

Edited by CM_Yukimura

Posted

Thank you very much for the tips!
I'll pass most of my time in the forum, but according to what you are suggesting, (and a little bit of wisdom) I'm not going to answer any comment unless I'm sure of the answer.
This is to avoid to spreading any promise we cannot keep as it happened in the past, so please be aware that we never ignore anyone.
My passion will never disappear, I play games since 24 years now and I am more than convinced that I want to do this 4ever, especially working in the gaming industry!

Thank you again for your sincere words, I'll be positive anyway, and I feel all your concerns especially staying behind the scenes, everything gets even darker.. Still we will try our best, but do not hope that reporting is easy and enough to change stuff in the game. Developers are developers ^^.

WEEB!!!

I wonder, if I was to quote you everytime just to call you a weeb, would you lock me in the basement for having been naughty, Mr. Yuki? Or are you a Ms. Yuki? cici17.gif

Posted (edited)

Welcome to both new CMs ^^ Honestly, Yuki's personality seems to be literally like me, so I liked him :D I suggest you thinking like a gamer rather than a developer while you are working. We really need the touch of a crazy gamer here. I hope you both enjoy your job, good luck guys ^^

YEEEEEAAAAH!!!! Crazy like this?! 

I'm glad to see there is positivity every now and then here, you know it's hard to build on a harsh ground... 

You know my motto is: Be a Gamer for Gamers!
Which means that my second mission (in my life) is to kick out all the fake non-gamers from every game company I meet on my road! :D
I mean, I still remember when I asked info about Shiva EX to FFXIV cs and they answered to me something like "As the event name suggests, the boss is not available anymore.." and then I just collapsed on the ground...

Thanks for the warm welcome and hope see you around!
Yuki

WEEB!!!

I wonder, if I was to quote you everytime just to call you a weeb, would you lock me in the basement for having been naughty, Mr. Yuki? Or are you a Ms. Yuki? cici17.gif

Ok let's be clear, I don't want to be Japanese, but I love Sengoku era indeed! I played all DW and Samurai Warriors chapters and went to Osaka Castle to see what was true behind the games (just showing how crazy I am).

I would never close you anywhere, but since you quoted me and I still have to understand the relation between my mex and your, you could train me about the Warn System.. Eheheheheh of course I'm joking! Don't troll a potential weeb.

Mr Yuki

Edited by CM_Yukimura
2 people like this

Posted

Well, CM_Yukimura

I have been a gamer for well over 15 years now (PC gaming that is, this doesn't include console) and what I've noticed is you can have a passion for ONE particular game and still be considered a gamer. Just because someone doesn't know about final fantasy doesn't make them a non-gamer in terms. There could be multiple games a gamer didn't touch basis on in his life, and as a pro-gamer myself, I've noticed that MOST GMs and CMs are on no level close to even the average player of a game or.... OF A GAME THEIR* GMing or CMing to. The same can be true for the GM's and CM's here, clearly it's seen that there are GMs and CMs in bdo who care, because of the nerfs, buffs, and explanations of fruitful game-play. Unfortunately do you guys ever think that some players in the game have better RNG  then others, so much that it's extremely unfair game-play. I've seen pro gamers in this game quit who dedicated immense time to grinding field bosses for weeks straight, got nothing, and as comparison seen someone just start playing and get 4 drops in two weeks. I mean truly enough as a GM you are probably older like myself, and may enjoy older games, question is are you capped level on those games? Do you have ALL end game gear on those games? These are not questions directed to you just you Yuki, but how many members in your staff play this game and has hit an end game-cap that's not average. Let's say 59...<--- which isnt hard to reach at all, but still above average for the game.The game has more content then grinding i understand that,  then i'd like to ask you how many of those members actually have boss armor, a Tri Dande? a Tri Zaka? Duo Ogre ring? Tri Ring of Crescent? Duo-Tri Tungrade. You added the Auras into the game to make fair game-play, maybe for people who have bad RNG like myself. It shows that on average, what? 2 auras on average mainly drops from bosses that even offer auras. Well a single boss will spawn 2 times a day at most, that's what? if your lucky 4 drops a day maybe could be none(Still RNG based.) So were talking a % chance to get around what 28 a week, 84 a month grinding two times a day 7 days a week for a month straight. You expect players to do this, as a gamer, Be a gamer for the gamers.... But believe me, I love the game and will keep playing it till i rage for another 6 months about the RNG and come back again ha-ha. 

Short: Dont kick gamers who dont know information about one particular games subject...

Long: Be a gamer and offer something for the heavier grinding players who have bad luck in the game. Even a system equivalent to the aura system, but for every piece of gear, and a different structure based on relevant/realistic time spent  grinding in the game, have increased chance of getting that drop based on how much you're grinding daily would be awesome. Which is nothing, but luck on top of luck 5 :) 

Sincerely, 

Eric :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you again, your opinion is really important to us.

There's just 1 tiny bit about this part that rubs me the wrong way on so many levels :S. The whole "We don't want cash shop items to be sellable on market" thing. Here's an interesting read :/ http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106513-updated-in-game-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/&page=1 and http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106524-should-bdo-cash-shop-items-be-available-for-sale-to-other-players-for-in-game-silver/ 

See how over 74% of the feedback was negative and we DIDN'T want this? :(. The fact that they also changed the statement about our feedback being paramount to them to that they're open to our feedback? Idk. Maybe I'm thinking too much of the past. Just that stuff like that sentence kinda piss me off when Kakao have in the past shown the complete opposite of "caring" for our opinions. 

Posted

And so it begins. I've been thinking about what to write in this first message. You know - sleepless nights, bags under my eyes, etc etc. But I think I finally made up my mind and I will just type what my brain is suggesting right now. 

My name is CM_Yukimura, one of the latest additions to the Kakao Games' team. I'll be working as a Community Manager and I am so looking forward to starting this amazing journey with the Black Desert Online tribe. I mean, what an awesome game! Guess I don't need to tell you that? :)

Four things to know about me:
1. Born and raised in Italy, I moved to Amsterdam 2 years ago to chase my dream of working in the gaming industry.
Apparently it worked out!
2. I'm a massive RPG fan, quite obsessed with Final Fantasy
3. I LOVE epic metal, ramen (actually craving one right now) and everything related to the Sengoku period
4. To create my first character on BDO I got inspired by Khal Drogo's look and it took me 4 hours to make him look alike just because, with all the features that the editor has, I couldn't stop refining him. 
Highly addictive..

What about you? Any anecdotes that I need to know?

Ok. Back to fishing now.. Cheers!

I already love you even if you are a man, Final Fantasy, Italy, Epic metal and even Game Of Thrones :x

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello and welcome to both of you!

It´s nice to see new additions to the workforce, especially in the forum. What I would love to see from you guys is...

1. Monitor the forums and look for threads that have potential to developed to a productive conversation, and delete the comments that do not bring anything to the conversation on such topics. 

2. Encourage people to explain further and in more detail their thoughts and challenge their thoughts with your own (even though your´s might not be in line with the company´s). 

3. Be critical to everything (Except me, because I'm cute n stuff...), even to the new updates that come out. For example...the new awakening for the Dark Knight, what your take on that one, be honest. 

4. I don´t know...have fun? 

Edited by Mishee
2 people like this

Posted

Well, CM_Yukimura

I have been a gamer for well over 15 years now (PC gaming that is, this doesn't include console) and what I've noticed is you can have a passion for ONE particular game and still be considered a gamer. Just because someone doesn't know about final fantasy doesn't make them a non-gamer in terms. There could be multiple games a gamer didn't touch basis on in his life, and as a pro-gamer myself, I've noticed that MOST GMs and CMs are on no level close to even the average player of a game or.... OF A GAME THEIR* GMing or CMing to. The same can be true for the GM's and CM's here, clearly it's seen that there are GMs and CMs in bdo who care, because of the nerfs, buffs, and explanations of fruitful game-play. Unfortunately do you guys ever think that some players in the game have better RNG  then others, so much that it's extremely unfair game-play. I've seen pro gamers in this game quit who dedicated immense time to grinding field bosses for weeks straight, got nothing, and as comparison seen someone just start playing and get 4 drops in two weeks. I mean truly enough as a GM you are probably older like myself, and may enjoy older games, question is are you capped level on those games? Do you have ALL end game gear on those games? These are not questions directed to you just you Yuki, but how many members in your staff play this game and has hit an end game-cap that's not average. Let's say 59...<--- which isnt hard to reach at all, but still above average for the game.The game has more content then grinding i understand that,  then i'd like to ask you how many of those members actually have boss armor, a Tri Dande? a Tri Zaka? Duo Ogre ring? Tri Ring of Crescent? Duo-Tri Tungrade. You added the Auras into the game to make fair game-play, maybe for people who have bad RNG like myself. It shows that on average, what? 2 auras on average mainly drops from bosses that even offer auras. Well a single boss will spawn 2 times a day at most, that's what? if your lucky 4 drops a day maybe could be none(Still RNG based.) So were talking a % chance to get around what 28 a week, 84 a month grinding two times a day 7 days a week for a month straight. You expect players to do this, as a gamer, Be a gamer for the gamers.... But believe me, I love the game and will keep playing it till i rage for another 6 months about the RNG and come back again ha-ha. 

Short: Dont kick gamers who dont know information about one particular games subject...

Long: Be a gamer and offer something for the heavier grinding players who have bad luck in the game. Even a system equivalent to the aura system, but for every piece of gear, and a different structure based on relevant/realistic time spent  grinding in the game, have increased chance of getting that drop based on how much you're grinding daily would be awesome. Which is nothing, but luck on top of luck 5 :) 

Sincerely, 

Musco get your Rear back to SWTOR we need content!

Posted (edited)

Well, CM_Yukimura

Sincerely, 

Well Eric,

I appreciated your comment, and I have to say I agree with you about the "gamers" opinion. I never said if you don't know FF then you are not a gamer though ^^. 
As long as you understand all the mechanics behind a game, then you might be considered a master (on that game), this doesn't necessarily mean that you know everything about RPGs right?
That being said, here is BDO what counts. So I admit that I'm not as expert as you are indeed on BDO yet, but I can say having mastered thousands of games (like you said highest gear etc..), I can use that experience to quickly understand new ones, that is all I really meant. So I'm playing this game every day in order to be able to understand every advanced aspect asap, and don't look like a noob when I'll jump in all your discussion; this is something I would never forgive myself. 

Be patient with me and I promise you will talk soon with a pro-BDO gamer ^^.

PS: Is it possible to edit a RNG in your opinion?

Yuki

Hello and welcome to both of you!

It´s nice to see new additions to the workforce, especially in the forum. What I would love to see from you guys is...

1. Monitor the forums and look for threads that have potential to developed to a productive conversation, and delete the comments that do not bring anything to the conversation on such topics. 

2. Encourage people to explain further and in more detail their thoughts and challenge their thoughts with your own (even though your´s might not be in line with the company´s). 

3. Be critical to everything (Except me, because I'm cute n stuff...), even to the new updates that come out. For example...the new awakening for the Dark Knight, what your take on that one, be honest. 

4. I don´t know...have fun? 

Ok then:

1. Check. I need to have hard times actually, looking forward to reach OVER 9000!
2. Check. So...... what do you mean exactly? Please explain in more details your thoughts. (see? ^^)
3. Check. What?!! Dark Knight is already awakened?!
4. Check. Just had it bro!
Before you get pissed off, I'm joking of course! 

Seriously, thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
Actually I need more people like this, positive and willing to help each others. I'm so happy to see that there is still good energy in the forum, we all need to use it properly and remember that the purpose of all this is to HAVE FUN! 

Thank you again Mishee

Edited by CM_Yukimura
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok then:
1. Check. I need to have hard times actually, looking forward to reach OVER 9000!
2. Check. So...... what do you mean exactly? Please explain in more details your thoughts. (see? ^^)
3. Check. What?!! Dark Knight is already awakened?!
4. Check. Just had it bro!
Before you get pissed off, I'm joking of course! 

Seriously, thank you very much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
Actually I need more people like this, positive and willing to help each others. I'm so happy to see that there is still good energy in the forum, we all need to use it properly and remember that the purpose of all this is to HAVE FUN! 

Thank you again Mishee

Haha, it´s okej (that's how you type "okay" in Swedish...the more you know...Í´m bored atm, so sorry). I never get frustrated...ever, well, depends if you take my morning coffee or not. I don´t know much about how a game developing company works or how a publisher to such a company works. I just know what I like and I know what I feel have been missing since start/launch, to be quite honest. But what I do know is human behaviour, how you might ask...well...I'm sort of studying it, haha. And what humans like, even you know my special snowflake, is to be seen and heard (So much study, so much knowledge..lol #Basic-----). So just talking and acknowledging what we are saying is  waaay more than enough, for now. Just to be sure I get on your good side I will lend you this picture of the greatest speech ever...period. Have a fun day or night...

Right, yeah. the dark knight is awakened....sadly. Looks like the sorc and ranger went have had a child with identity crisis. 

Bob_says_king_bob.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

-

-

Welcome, and welcome. Always good to see new CM's. I wish you both the best ^~^

@CM_Aethon, hello there o7

Posted

Hi, I'm goat!

First, congratulation to your first post *cought* position as CM.

My first question: "Is Black Desert p2w?"

hahahah i spat out my crunchberries

i vote jojo next CM

Posted

Hello, everyone. First of all, thank you CM Aethon for your introduction. I am so excited to be a part of the BDO Team, especially since I am extremely passionate about this game!

I have been a gamer for over 12 years now. I could list all of the games I’ve played, but there are many, so I’ll give you a few of the highlights:

Aion

Guild Wars 2

World of Warcraft

TERA

Final Fantasy XIV

I have played Black Desert Online since 2015, first in the KR version, and then on the NA/EU release. I have a bit of a problem picking classes, so I have leveled several, with one or two actually making it to 58. The only problem with having so many characters is getting their appearances just right, so I’m always fine tuning them just a little, when I’m not out in Valencia grinding monsters. Okay, I guess I should have said the only two problems, since trying to enchant weapons on so many characters might actually be crazy!

I know some of you are going to ask what my favorite class is, and the truth is, I don’t really know. It’s a hard choice between Ranger, Valkyrie, Witch and Sorceress, so I tend to bounce between them every few months. ;)

If any of you have questions for me, or if there is something you think I can do to help, always feel free to reach out to me. Just remember, there are a lot of you and only one of me, so I might not always respond immediately. You can reach me through PM’s, here on the forums, or email me directly at serenity@kakaogames-us.com.

I think that’s it for now, so happy hunting everyone and I really look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome, Serenity!

Your credentials look quite promising to me. Seeing that you have spent some time with GW2, I'm hopeful that you remember their excellent CM-personnel as fondly as I do. They have always struck me as professional, timely as well as visible enough for the player-base. I still haven't given up the hope that you guys can do something similar here.

(... main sorc :P)

Posted

Un CM italiano con i controcoglioni? Già dai pochi post che hai fatto sono felice che ci rappresenti nel team di BDO ♥ @CM_Yukimura

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder when they will hire someone to properly edit patch notes for once. 

Posted

tumblr_mpueqy0KBq1r5c792o1_250.gif

Here @Mooie Rui

Now leave alone @CM_Yukimura, it's awesome to see a new CM being already so active ... and being Italian deco_d_rabbit_04_05.gif

Posted

Can you fix the guild sayings of the day, its only been broken for 2 months.

K thanks.