• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I want a support class

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Do You agree with me that the support is an interesting class?
Full support class (like in Lineage 2, where you had 5 supports classes with 0 dmg skills and 2 healer classes also with 0 dmg skills. They had to play with party, but their healing skills was so OP - look at movie).
I really love to play as support with team.

Also buffs... Now you have to use elixirs or food. Why there is no supporting spells in game?
Check the movie (also from Lineage 2) about buffers :P - look at buff's icons on the left corner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumRRyWEhIU

in Lineage 2 you had buffs (20min buff + you can get a 2min song/dance from specific support class: Bladedancer or swordsinger) for everything -
speed
atk. speed
p.atk
m.atk
p.def
m.def
cast. speed
HP & MP
crit rate
crit dmg
resists (for example to poison, or resist to water/wind/earth/fire/dark magic/holy magic dmg)
etc. You could get max 40-50 buffs from all support classes in L2 (7 diffrent classes with diffrent buffs)

Healer from 1st movie and buffer from 2nd movie dont have any dmg skills. They are addicted to party/guild. And I like it!

Edited by Shenandoath

Posted

Id love to play a support class simply because I play support classes in other MMOs but I just dont think they belong in a game like this though

1 person likes this

Posted

Best support is a high damage % skill in the face of the enemy.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

shia race seem like they wuold make good support class... 
like since you can find them as multiple classes.

Edited by Shimoyaki

Posted (edited)

Witch, Wizard.

They have two group heals and at least one group buff. There is your support class :)

Edited by Micariel
3 people like this

Posted

Witch, Wizard.

They have two group heals and at least one group buff. There is your support class :)

This is joke, not supporting class.
Check movies in my post. You will see what is true support class :)

Posted

DP witch

3 people like this

Posted

I want a support class too but wait a moment and think.

Where/when do you need a FULL support (no damage) class in PvE here?

Do you know why is valk considered a bad class? Because is the "tank" and you can't tank because the game isn't designed in that way.

Because of this we need something like a wizard/witch but with less AoE/damage and more support but not full support class.

But you could say "in sieges they will be handy"... in BDO to PvP you have to PvE. Are you going to level a full support class to lvl60 using very low damage skills/basic attacks?

Posted (edited)

I want a support class too but wait a moment and think.

Where/when do you need a FULL support (no damage) class in PvE here?

Do you know why is valk considered a bad class? Because is the "tank" and you can't tank because the game isn't designed in that way.

Because of this we need something like a wizard/witch but with less AoE/damage and more support but not full support class.

But you could say "in sieges they will be handy"... in BDO to PvP you have to PvE. Are you going to level a full support class to lvl60 using very low damage skills/basic attacks?

Look at my movies.
In L2 support classes have so OP buffs so every party in game wants you for exp.
That's why you dont need dmg - you need op buff.

Few years ago, In Lineage 2, without buffs I had for example 2100 P.ATK. With full buffs i had 7000 P.ATK.
Everyday i had party to play.

Watch this:
People in this party dont use potions or elixir. 1 healer heals them all. So much OP healing.

WATCH FROM 3:30

Edited by Shenandoath

Posted

Interesting 

200?cb=20161214040634

Posted

I usually like support/heal classes and I think, if well done, they would make a great addition for PvP be it small or large scale. On the other hand tho I'd say classes like that just don't belong in a game like BDO and would not fit into the concept of how the game is designed. If they had zero dmg skills at all they'd always need company, even for leveling. If you'd give them dmg skills there would be either complaints about how their killspeed is significantly slower than other classes while grinding or, if the dmg skills would be too strong to keep up with the other classes, they'd be simply well .. op, because of their supporting/heal abilities and equal dmg skills. 

Posted

Buff Valkyrie :3

2 people like this

Posted

I would love a support class in this game but like everyone here is saying, its just not a good fit for this game, heck, been even thinking of dropping my main every now and then just to go roll witch/wiz simply for being able to support in a way by providing cast/speed buffs and healing alone.

Posted (edited)

I would love a healer support class but they'd still need enough dmg to actually level solo wouldn't necessarily be fast just possible .

Edited by Darkleaf84

Posted (edited)

Look at my movies.
In L2 support classes have so OP buffs so every party in game wants you for exp.
That's why you dont need dmg - you need op buff.

Few years ago, In Lineage 2, without buffs I had for example 2100 P.ATK. With full buffs i had 7000 P.ATK.
Everyday i had party to play.

Watch this:
People in this party dont use potions or elixir. 1 healer heals them all. So much OP healing.

WATCH FROM 3:30

No party will want you if you do no damage (and you don't because you are full support).

There isn't something that needs a huge buff in damage in this game.

There isn't mandatory party content in this game and if you need isn't because you need a support.

If I'm wrong explain where do you NEED a support in PvE.

I played L2 and how this game works is VERY different . In L2 without buff you danage is too low to kill fast enough to grind efficienly and your HP and p.def (unless you are a tank) is low enough to need a healer because just with pots you need to sit eventually. Archers needed something to recover MP because even with autoattacks they consumed MP (there was a support class that recover MP) so without that class archers can't grind effiently for long periods of time.

Explain then where in BDO do you need a class like that. I repeat: where do you NEED not because of low gear/level or you are unskilled but because even good geared, leveled and skilled players needs it.

Just look what happens when you create an unwanted role: valks. The tank that doesn't tank.

(Not trying to be mean or rude but honest)

Edited by Edremis

Posted

eh if I want to play support, I play a different MMO

classical MMO roles (tank/heal) don't belong in BDO

1 person likes this

Posted

The problem is, that in BDO you just don´t need buffs and heals. In PVE you just 1-2 shot everything and you don´t need someone to heal you and buff you. In Lineage 2 you can´t farm or PvP without buff, there are buffs 80 % of your success. But I miss it little bit too...old times, Destroyer with Frenzy and Bishop in Party, yummy...

Posted

It won't work in this game because of witch and wizard. They're both DPS and support. It sucks because I think I would have enjoyed a healer/support class. :(

Posted

No thanks, it's not that type of game.

Having OP buffs makes it mandatory for pvp and raids and eventually people just dual box it as buff bots.

Give each class some support ability to encourage team play instead. 

2 people like this

Posted

this game deffo aint build to have a pure support class

Posted

Bards in Archeage were brilliant.

1 person likes this

Posted

"I want" made me lose interest in this topic, cause nobody cares what you want

2 people like this

Posted

More utility on existing classes would be pretty nice. Also more ranged and less melee? One (two if you count using bow on ranger) ranged class is really weird.

Posted

They could always divide witch/wiz into a seperate skill tree with support skills. (✿◡‿◡)

But not really needed in this game.
Maybe for kamasilve region? 

Posted

ya all need  to stop dreaming and let me slap you back to reality..........