• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I want a support class

66 posts in this topic

Posted

support? 

against what? 

Posted

Maybe if this wasn't single player. :P

Posted

I want a car that doesn't need to go to the shop for repairs every 12 months. 

Posted

they need to make a danceing healer surport debuff class that can mind control enermys to attack eachother a war dancer.

Posted

Hi,

Do You agree with me that the support is an interesting class?
Full support class (like in Lineage 2, where you had 5 supports classes with 0 dmg skills and 2 healer classes also with 0 dmg skills. They had to play with party, but their healing skills was so OP - look at movie).
I really love to play as support with team.

Also buffs... Now you have to use elixirs or food. Why there is no supporting spells in game?
Check the movie (also from Lineage 2) about buffers :P - look at buff's icons on the left corner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qumRRyWEhIU

in Lineage 2 you had buffs (20min buff + you can get a 2min song/dance from specific support class: Bladedancer or swordsinger) for everything -
speed
atk. speed
p.atk
m.atk
p.def
m.def
cast. speed
HP & MP
crit rate
crit dmg
resists (for example to poison, or resist to water/wind/earth/fire/dark magic/holy magic dmg)
etc. You could get max 40-50 buffs from all support classes in L2 (7 diffrent classes with diffrent buffs)

Healer from 1st movie and buffer from 2nd movie dont have any dmg skills. They are addicted to party/guild. And I like it!

Try wizard or witch then :3 We can speed you up, speed up your casting speed (not sure about attack speed), protect you/raise your DP, heal you, summon an orb to take aggro for you, restore your mana (well, supposed to be able to with E but... I rarely ever see the mana restore work and only sometimes the hp) :x. With awakening with have 1 more spell that gives accurary buff etc iirc.

Idk but I think valks have a few support spells too?

Posted

I was just saying this a few days ago in the guild chat.

The game is fun but not for the long run, it lacks player interaction - heck, most of the time it feels like a solo game.

I think that implementing support or role gameplay would improve the cooperation between players and would see people grouping up and interacting as they're supposed to do in a MMORPG.

There are so many people that quit this game already and uploaded youtube videos saying they got bored while playing alone most of the time. Not only that but the game punishes group farming or anything group related.

Posted

This isn't Lineage2.

Nobody wants to sit around in town for hours waiting for group, waiting for sws/bd/se/ee/whatevertheF. 

Nobody wants to headbutt their monitor when 1 of the 5 support class in their party goes afk or dc. Then back to step 1 stated above. 

Posted

While there are a few skills for your party members as well, this doesn't mean that the class detaining those skills is a support class. More so when the gameplay generally, is not about grouping up with others. Think of what content there actually is for several players, a full group or several groups. Think of how this content rewards or punishes these players in accordance. 

Support class would be a character that has low damage output(so they can seek other players to progress) but can assist their team with either temporary or long duration buffs, healing, crowd-control, displacement (moving mobs in favorable spots, pulling them  in groups or taking aggro), weakening enemies, etc. Again all these must be introduced in the game with the thought of being group beneficial and not spread out through classes without any sense or logic. Placing healing skills on Witch/Wizard doesn't mean they are support class, more so when there's no way to specialize in that healing skill, improve it at the cost of damage output, make use of it on a regular basis or prioritizing it. 

Posted

The game would have to be completely rebuilt to support party content for a support class to happen. Right now almost nothing encourages you to play in party and that's why BDO will never be among the best MMOs. Despite being so nice in other ways.

Posted (edited)

Well they could add party buffs for 2-5 minutes to the existing classes one buff to each, something like:

ninja/kuno 10 evasion 

musa/mehawa 10 accuracy

sorc 30 ap

valk/warrior 60 dp/10% skill resist

witch/wiz 15% casting/attack speed and slightly improve the curent group heal

tamer/zerker 20% speed/ +10 dmg reduction

dark night 30% crit rate

Edited by orlando

Posted

Sorc gives AP buff

Valk give accuracy buff

Witch/Wizard give various buffs

Anyone can make elixirs and provide them for group buffs

In previous discussions they mentioned they'll lean towards some party play. Wait until the new content? Go try hystria with your mates. 

If you don't like it, go play Lineage2 and wait 5 hour for full party, sit around in one spot in an exp area with support classes who just afk macro their supporty skills on you. Cools

Posted

In all honesty, I wouldn't hold your breath for it at all. This game probably had some more semblance of support classes working at the start, when they initially developed the Warrior and Valk classes. There are aggro skills in the base tree, but besides making valk and warrior tankier via buffs and their shield/great sword blocks, there isn't much more they're going to do with it. It doesn't help that it seems that they didn't fully develop the aggro system either, as bosses are all over the place with their attacks. They sometimes harass single individuals or just turn all over the place. And no, not harass high damage dealers as I've seen them straight up focus pets who do very little damage.

Side note: Did you know there were plans for three types of guilds in this game instead of the two we got? There used to be Battle guilds, life skill guilds, and religious guilds. What are religious guilds aimed at you ask? They were church-based guilds that gained a nifty function of being able to create portals to warp adventurers with. That idea was scrapped though before betas. Either probably because it would have offered too much power to certain guilds, it was too hard to implement properly, or it interfered with their vision of the rest of the game. I can't remember if it there was any comment on why, but that's why I guess it was dropped.

But uh, yeah. They've funneled most classes into damage-dealing archetypes, with the idea of making all classes very similar and only varying slightly in mechanics or attack animations to be the deal to drive people to certain classes.

1 person likes this

Posted

The entire combat system is built around not having a full-blown support class. It would require the entire combat system to be overhauled. It'd be nice but not going to happen.

Posted

I think that implementing support or role gameplay would improve the cooperation between players and would see people grouping up and interacting as they're supposed to do in a MMORPG.

I guess that only implementing said classes wouldn't help because there simply is no/not enough content that requires you to play in a party. 

Posted

I play a support DP/Hybrid witch (520 apdp) and am very very effective at clutch heals, siege buffs, speed spells etc etc etc while still being able to self peel and put down massive amounts of damage

Posted

I also miss playing support, as well as pure tank or healer builds. I think it adds more fun and diversity, mastering different roles in groups. But doesn't work in this game.

You basically wont get any(or less)loot or credit:S

Everything in BDO is based on either killing blow or dmg dealt. So anything you do in addition to dealing dmg, will lower your individual score or chances of getting loot.

Some hybrids can be effective GvG/PvP scenarios. But outside of that, you'll still need a max dps build for 90% of the game.

Posted

That thing doesnt belong here.

Posted

I was playing L2 for near 10 years so I know very well that there is that type of players who love to play only support classes, I already suggest in another thread that it would be nice after the new Dark Elf class to get a support class for people who enjoy playing that role & there is many such people out there, also I believe that with Kamasilvia now it's the best time to get a support class as this region was designed especially for party play & people can't solo there, the mobs have a ton of HP & they hit like a truck, but I am against to a 'pure' support class that can't fight on it's own, PA is against something like that also, I remember reading about it in some interview, my suggestion was about an Elf Priestess class, were it will ofc have many support skills like heals/buffs etc but it will also be a holy-based magic caster that will be able to solo just fine by it self.

Posted

An elven priestess or maybe even a cough cough DRUID would be a great addition i think some kinda heal, buff, cc class could be fun.

Posted

DP witch

DP/Evasion witch is what I was thinking as well. I also like the "support" play style, or reduced dmg but never die...Sadly, not a lot of options in that regard here.

Posted

Wizard / Witch is required for akman groups.
We are the support class.

Posted

if i wanted to play lineage 2 i would play lineage 2

if bdo isnt enough like lineage 2 for you then you should play lineage 2

Posted

i like how it is people have to hold there own 

Posted

No party will want you if you do no damage (and you don't because you are full support).

But if you could erase their AP twice with buffs - all party will want you.
Also, if you could heal like bishop in L2 - Valencia won't be empty enymore. 

To other people:

If you say that this game doesn't need support class - you just don't know what is support class. Really.

Just anwer this Question:
If Kakao add support class that can add you +30% of your AP + 15% atk speed/cast speed, +30% DP, +50% HP/MP/WP etc - wont you add him to your party?

Posted

Id love to play a support class simply because I play support classes in other MMOs but I just dont think they belong in a game like this though

Exactly this.

I tanked in DCUO, played Controller and solo healed raids. It was the most fun I had but BDO doesn't have any type of group content that justifies that type of class.

Maybe later on down the line though I doubt it.