• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Best time to reroll?

77 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So with the frame system being added to the game. Having multiple alts is more rewarding for sure. Are there people who are going to take advantage of this and change their main spec? I'm thinking about it but the loss of all my inventory space and life skills is holding me back for the moment. Do you think this would be the best time to change main class? If so are you going to? I'm changing from Valkyrie to a Wizard. But how do you guys deal with the fact you lose practically everything. You just grind trough those life skills again to get to the same point where your other toon is? 

Edited by remymaes

Posted (edited)

If your motivation for rerolling is a couple hundred thousand silver a day, you're gonna have a bad time.

On a more serious note, there is no reason to relevel up life skills on a new character, especially if they are decently high (professional+). Having an alternate account with high life skills can be useful because you can just leave that character in an area and hop onto them to chop wood, cook, etc whenever you need to without having to travel halfway across the world. There's definitely the issue of loss of inventory spaces and weight, and that's definitely something to consider.

Edited by Atlasyn

Posted

If your motivation for rerolling is a couple hundred thousand silver a day, you're gonna have a bad time.

Never said that was my motivation. I simply don't enjoy playing Valkyrie anymore and do nothing anymore combat related.  

Posted

Then you should have rerolled after awakening hit and you found out it was lackluster. My recommendation? Maehwa or Ranger if you insist on sticking with a female class. Ranger is top tier, and Maehwa is up there and incredibly strong in the right hands. If you're the edgier type, maybe Sorc.

2 people like this

Posted

Then you should have rerolled after awakening hit and you found out it was lackluster. My recommendation? Maehwa or Ranger if you insist on sticking with a female class. Ranger is top tier, and Maehwa is up there and incredibly strong in the right hands. If you're the edgier type, maybe Sorc.

I only play since midway December so I didn't really have an idea about the game. At first I enjoyed Valkyrie and they felt powerful but the more I get to know about the game the more I realize they are nothing what they should've been. Anyways in a way you're right.

Posted

So with the frame system being added to the game. Having multiple alts is more rewarding for sure. Are there people who are going to take advantage of this and change their main spec? I'm thinking about it but the loss of all my inventory space and life skills is holding me back for the moment. Do you think this would be the best time to change main class? If so are you going to? I'm changing from Valkyrie to a Wizard. But how do you guys deal with the fact you lose practically everything. You just grind trough those life skills again to get to the same point where your other toon is? 

Frame system? You mean dual boxing? Where did you get that information?

Posted

yes, need more people play ranger, all musa and witch/wizard in rbf now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't worry I don't pvp :D 

Posted (edited)

I only play since midway December so I didn't really have an idea about the game. At first I enjoyed Valkyrie and they felt powerful but the more I get to know about the game the more I realize they are nothing what they should've been. Anyways in a way you're right.

Reroll now then before you get too deep. You haven't been playing as long as some people who discovered their classes awakenings were underwhelming months after going too deep with it.
If you want strong tanky frontline class then go play warrior. Valk has been considered one of the least competitive classes since the games inception.

Edited by haybreee
2 people like this

Posted

Valk feels nice early game because they were part of the early game design. They're one of the original post-release classes from KR before things got crazy in mediah. It's not a weak class on its own, even with awakening. But when you stack it up against other classes, it becomes bottom tier.

They're talking about the family fame system which came out in KR a few months ago. They basically tally up the combat, life skill, etc levels of all of your toons and use it to calculate a daily reward they send to you by mail. Free silver basically. From what I hear, it's pretty paltry, though. It won't make you rich.

I only suggested the classes because they seem like they might suit their taste in play more, not because I care about some cancerous game mode. They just need to nerf the mages and nerf chase a bit, and you'll see some more diversity in there.

1 person likes this

Posted

Reroll now then before you get too deep. You haven't been playing as long as some people who discovered their classes awakenings were underwhelming months after going too deep with it.
If you want strong tanky frontline class then go play warrior. Valk has been considered one of the least competitive classes since the games inception.

You're right.. It's only 10 days in game time lol, can't imagine how people feels when they have played months to feel underwhelming..

Posted

I rerolled from Ranger to Warrior. No regrets after I hit lvl56 and got my awakening.

But for sure, when I press "P" I am missing some colors there :) But not that hard, everything can be re-learned or is just the business of your old main now.

The only bad thing was the cashing part for weight increase & bag slots. But got it on x-mas sale so it was a good time to do it.

Posted

Reroll ranger because this is the one class that has never been super nerfed and probally wont be nerfed at anytime in the near future.

Posted

Valk feels nice early game because they were part of the early game design. They're one of the original post-release classes from KR before things got crazy in mediah. It's not a weak class on its own, even with awakening. But when you stack it up against other classes, it becomes bottom tier.

That's true. They get the job done like any other class just slower then other classes. She's awesome but just meh nothing special anymore. 

Posted

Reroll ranger because this is the one class that has never been super nerfed and probally wont be nerfed at anytime in the near future.

Uhhh what? Ranger has in fact been super nerfed.
Ranger has had multiple shotgun nerfs since NA release as well as removing all but 1 realiable cc from bow kit and increasing the cd on the other "reliable" cc in bow. There was also the double nerf to the hp -> dmg scaling on some abilities (one even had it removed).

1 person likes this

Posted

I rerolled from Ranger to Warrior. No regrets after I hit lvl56 and got my awakening.

But for sure, when I press "P" I am missing some colors there :) But not that hard, everything can be re-learned or is just the business of your old main now.

The only bad thing was the cashing part for weight increase & bag slots. But got it on x-mas sale so it was a good time to do it.

Aight thanks man! I never bought anything with cash shop currency so I'm safe in that part. Don't you miss it the colors? Didn't you get the feeling what a waste of time at first? Like you say it can be relearned and I got the goods for it fortunately. If there was anything you could've done differently what would it have been? 

Posted

Just play what you enjoy most! I recently rerolled from wizard to kunoichi just because kuno combat is more fun and tbh i quite enjoy it!

3 people like this

Posted

The same page we all got it from lol

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/127706-maintenance-maintenance-january-18th/

Just play what you enjoy most! I recently rerolled from wizard to kunoichi just because kuno combat is more fun and tbh i quite enjoy it!

Thanks man! I guess I should play what I enjoy indeed. Most life skills can be done afk, I can give it a try and see if it was a good choice or not.

Posted

Aight thanks man! I never bought anything with cash shop currency so I'm safe in that part. Don't you miss it the colors? Didn't you get the feeling what a waste of time at first? Like you say it can be relearned and I got the goods for it fortunately. If there was anything you could've done differently what would it have been? 

I had fun the way I played and I have fun the way I am playing now. Thats the reason I have no regrets at all, it was no wasting of time. 

I am not sure what I will do if I would reroll with a clear and empty account. Maybe going for fishing in my afk time to earn more money, thats all.

You are now on the same point I was: you think you would have more joy with a new character. Just do it, what will you loose? Its fun. The main reason playing a game.

1 person likes this

Posted

I had fun the way I played and I have fun the way I am playing now. Thats the reason I have no regrets at all, it was no wasting of time. 

I am not sure what I will do if I would reroll with a clear and empty account. Maybe going for fishing in my afk time to earn more money, thats all.

You are now on the same point I was: you think you would have more joy with a new character. Just do it, what will you loose? Its fun. The main reason playing a game.

Thank you for your wise words man! I really appreciate it!

1 person likes this

Posted

You're right.. It's only 10 days in game time lol, can't imagine how people feels when they have played months to feel underwhelming..

I would also highly suggest not dropping any real cash into the game until you've played around with whichever class awakening you enjoy the most. Cash shop items are bound on character and awakenings is where you really start seeing the difference in classes (whether you like it or not). Honestly just play around with what you think you might like before dumping cash in.
Warrior is top tier in tanky classes with massive burst, beserker is a big cc  frontline brute with great sustain and hp pool, ranger has great burst, Maewha is awesome in single target, musa is a great aoe burster, witch/wiz (current fotm) have massive aoe burst and support, Kuno is decent aoe backline burst, tamer is a solid 1v1 cc class. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I would also highly suggest not dropping any real cash into the game until you've played around with whichever class awakening you enjoy the most. Cash shop items are bound on character and awakenings is where you really start seeing the difference in classes (whether you like it or not). Honestly just play around with what you think you might like before dumping cash in.Warrior is top tier in tanky classes with massive burst, beserker is a big cc  frontline brute with great sustain and hp pool, ranger has great burst, Maewha is awesome in single target, musa is a great aoe burster, witch/wiz (current fotm) have massive aoe burst and support, Kuno is decent aoe backline burst, tamer is a solid 1v1 cc class. 

Thanks! I got a warrior though. Since he's 51 already I might level him first and see if it appeals me. Although in black desert wizard seems more then just a wizard in 99% of the mmo's.

Posted

Mained a Ranger when the game first game out.. got to about 52 on it and never knew how to control the damn character.. skill combos were very difficult, also the pots consumption was real! I just didnt like it.. started making alts for energy, and while training couple of them to level 1 ~ 11, I quickly fell in love with the Maehwa gameplay, so thats my new main.. currently about level 58

Posted

money making Game dev's .. they let ou buy weight and inv slots and then when you wanna make a new main char you got to buy it all over again!

1 person likes this

Posted

When it comes to survive ability and easier grinding. So no PVP just mob grinding! would you chose Warrior or Wizard?