• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA: How Evasion is actually calculated on an item

71 posts in this topic

Posted

a TRI Rosar or Krea has 30 dp WITH the evasion stat already calculated into the DP shown on the item

ALL Enhancement effects are listed on the item's AP or DP (or both) except accuracy and human damage .. those stats are still hidden as far as what value they're scaling by. but tests seem to indicated that Blue awakening and Yuria have their base +5/+7 (respectively) and go up +1 per enchant level up to PEN.. accuracy seems to be about the same 

IE - Muskan boots are 72 DP at TET WITH the evasion included with the DP not 72 DP plus an additional evasion stat

there, now go buy a Kutum because it is in fact BETTER by a large margin than Rosar/Krea

3 people like this

Posted

its a rng stat meaning theres no fixed numbers just a hidden mutiplier combined with rng = evasion/defence.

Posted

Where did you get those numbers? Just someone hitting a dummy on Korean servers?

Posted (edited)

its a rng stat meaning theres no fixed numbers just a hidden mutiplier combined with rng = evasion/defence.

no.. no its not...   DP is made up of evasion and damage reduction which is represented as 1 number on the item

Where did you get those numbers? Just someone hitting a dummy on Korean servers?

from hitting people with a yuria and plotting the data of where it is and where it was predicted at different levels vs a target who isn't able to be missed.
There was a damage meter back in the day from a program which a lot of people got banned for using which showed similiar data (and daum/kakao sued for its existance as well as other things the program used to be capable of doing)

.. a guy on reddit just posted an extensive video showing how AP is measured and effects MH to awakening weapon ( appx 40% or so).. which showed the exact same thing a lot of people already knew because they used an illegal program to monitor damage output

If you want something to really really blow your mind do damage tests with each individual item equipped
(helm, chest, gloves, boots, DP accessories if you want)

2 of those slot's items behave completely different than the other 2 slots which, which proves another theory which Im not getting into here... this is simply to fix the misinformation that's plaguing this game

Edited by Vampyrism
1 person likes this

Posted

there, now go buy a Kutum because it is in fact BETTER by a large margin than Rosar/Krea

Eh? But Kutum gives less dp than Rosar does. Also, the enhancement effect is "+ AP, DP, and Accuracy". Not "+ AP, Evasion, and Accuracy". Rosar's is "Evasion", with the extra ap being something they added as a bonus for non-ap offhands after +7 in a patch long ago. What this tells me is that kutum likely gets a mix of dr and evasion, making it worse than, as an example, Kite shield as a pure dr offhand or rosar/tadd shuriken as a pure evasion offhand. It's also worse than Nouver as an ap offhand or Vangertz Shield as an accuracy offhand. Kutum is good for pvp because it gives a little bit of everything + the ignore resist and two gem slots. Nouver should still do (and according to some redditors, does) more damage than Kutum, barring you have accuracy in other forms than just bheg's gloves.

Posted

Eh? But Kutum gives less dp than Rosar does. Also, the enhancement effect is "+ AP, DP, and Accuracy". Not "+ AP, Evasion, and Accuracy". Rosar's is "Evasion", with the extra ap being something they added as a bonus for non-ap offhands after +7 in a patch long ago. What this tells me is that kutum likely gets a mix of dr and evasion, making it worse than, as an example, Kite shield as a pure dr offhand or rosar/tadd shuriken as a pure evasion offhand. It's also worse than Nouver as an ap offhand or Vangertz Shield as an accuracy offhand. Kutum is good for pvp because it gives a little bit of everything + the ignore resist and two gem slots. Nouver should still do (and according to some redditors, does) more damage than Kutum, barring you have accuracy in other forms than just bheg's gloves.

There's an ongoing theory that DP is Evasion + Damage Reduction.

Posted

yes Kutum gives less DP.. you go kutum in pvp for the hybrid stats, 2 slots, and precision effect

10 ap is far more valuable than 10 dp tho between the item, and you get a free precision gem in the kutum basically effectively making it a "3 slot item" 
Like 2 piece rocaba basically giving you 1 free +5 evasion gem and the ability to socket 2 more

Posted

u guys should know that since evasion is stated in the item description and not damage reduction so going from that logic. dr is default stat for dp and only if the item says it gives evasion in enchantment will the that dp turn to evasion. kutum gives evasion? come on now. for the muskan boots it stops at tri cus u can see that going for tet only gives 5 dp just like any other boot. the bonus evasion that it gives in evasion which is shown as dp stopped.

Posted

Kutum is indeed nice...but ill keep my PEN krea tyvm ;.;

Theres two "kinds" of dp,evasion dp,absorption dp and they are both listed in the item like muskans,if you substract 10 dp from muskan it has around the same dp as other shoes at same enchant tier.

Another example is,check accesories,theres two different "types" of accesory that give dp on the same tier,odd right? but then you check em."talis accesories give evergy of steel" thats absorption dp,and check "hesus accesories,give speed and agility" thats evasion dp.They act very differently.Armor crystals give absorption dp,agility crystals give evasion dp and so on and so on.

@remilafo your needed here

Posted (edited)

There's an ongoing theory that DP is Evasion + Damage Reduction.

It's no theory. You can observe this effect from items directly within the game. It's blatantly obvious on horse gear for example.

so yes DP is just a number on the inventory screen which is straight up an addition of all your gears evasion and damage reduction.

10 ap is far more valuable than 10 dp tho between the item

That is a misconception that alot of people have because they do not understand how to use their DP properly.

This is a action combat game and DP comes alive during your defensive stances like block, frontal guard and Super Armor. Your DP is NOT just automatic.

u guys should know that since evasion is stated in the item description and not damage reduction so going from that logic. dr is default stat for dp and only if the item says it gives evasion in enchantment will the that dp turn to evasion. kutum gives evasion? come on now. for the muskan boots it stops at tri cus u can see that going for tet only gives 5 dp just like any other boot. the bonus evasion that it gives in evasion which is shown as dp stopped.

Ugh.. O.o

Okay... If an item gives you say 5dp you actually do not know if it's damage reduction or evasion, keeping the specifics hidden is by design in this game. However testing by the community has revealed alot but NOT all of the hidden specifics towards which is which, incoming facts.

As a community we know this..

- All shoes seem to be 100% evasion
- All chest armor seems to be 100% Damage reduction
- Offhand weapons are usually all Evasion unless specifically stated in the Enhancement effect (like some shields) .

- Item enhancement effect STOP at +15 , Items all proceed the standard way beyond +15.  So for example the evasion bonus on Muskans boots stops at +15, Muskan shoes proceed along the normal DP gains for PRI, DUO etc.

Kutum is indeed nice...but ill keep my PEN krea tyvm ;.;

Theres two "kinds" of dp,evasion dp,absorption dp and they are both listed in the item like muskans,if you substract 10 dp from muskan it has around the same dp as other shoes at same enchant tier.

Another example is,check accesories,theres two different "types" of accesory that give dp on the same tier,odd right? but then you check em."talis accesories give evergy of steel" thats absorption dp,and check "hesus accesories,give speed and agility" thats evasion dp.They act very differently.Armor crystals give absorption dp,agility crystals give evasion dp and so on and so on.

@remilafo your needed here

Nice on the PEN Krea...

The bolded sentence is a strong position and the idea is correct but truth be told we don't know what DP is on each accessory and imo we can't just assume based on an item description.

However we do know some popular items (i won't list them all here). example

- Red coral rings are Evasion DP
- Cadry Guardian rings are Dmg reduction DP.

okay.. i was summoned... Peace!

Edited by remilafo
8 people like this

Posted

^ the god! I knew I wasn't crazy... everyone else was crazy

Posted

Duh ;)

Posted

i find all this rather hard to believe. wouldnt all boss gear set other equipments such as rosar and rocabo completely irrelevant? 

Posted (edited)

no one ever listens whenever you talk about evasion or dp in this game.

A max evasion build would be as follows:

Muskans/tree
Robaca helm/gloves
Red coral rings
Earring of Sealed Magical Power 
Rosar offhand
ancient weapon belt
ancient core neck (or scili neck)
Zaka/Dande weapons

With this setup you'd be:

170 172 311 at full tri
186 188 333 at full tet

You'd also be almost impossible to ever hit.

Rosar still has more evasion than Khutum. At tri it's 30 evasion vs 20 evasion, Rosar having 10 more. (assuming all of both offhands' DP is evasion)

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

snip

gearavatar.png

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

gearavatar.png

*like*

I think that ancient weapon belt at tri would be better than shultz ( 8/8 vs 9 )
The magical earrings aren't worth it, so yeah good call there too. 

And the ap advantage of khutum vs rosar overall probably makes khutum a better choice

All in all i like your build

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

yeah been working on a TET weapon core.. ive blown up some TRIs ;/

1 person likes this

Posted

I am a rookie in this topic about: looking for the mysteries behind HIDDEN STATS in the vast universe of BDO.

But... let me take an example:
If you open your character page, you can see a couple of stats in a 5-step level bar in blue color. Ok. If we assume that every base stat has 5 level, base level that you can improve further more with different ways, then the accuracy or evasion per enhacement level should look like this. -> 20 (PEN) / 5 (base level) = 4. This means that the questionable stat increase 1 level after every 4th successful enhacement all the way until 20/PEN where it reaches the maxium that you can get from that item.

Enhacement Level (Stat Increase): 4 (1), 8 (2), 12 (3), 16 (4), 20 (5)

Why is it inrecease in linear? Because it is simplier to understand and calculate with it. Of course we could calculate in exponentially, or parabolic, but I think this game is not rocket science. I do not think it would need to use complex functions for incremental counting.
Do we know how to increase after each level? We do not know. It is just a simple theory. We can use different numbers to get different values. For example 7, but you do not get an integer. Or it is just increase after a certain level, or with different extent.

Do not take it 100%!!!

But, but.. this one:

"Theres two "kinds" of dp,evasion dp,absorption dp and they are both listed in the item like muskans"

I do not get it. What the holy hidden hell is this?! Where did you read this? On Reddit?! :)

Item Effect: Increased Evasion & effect increases during Enhancement
http://bddatabase.net/us/item/11016/#0|undefined

Posted (edited)

Look at the Evasion + DR on both axion shields, and then the DP. 

2017-01-18_8736713.PNG2017-01-18_8745336.PNG

2017-01-18_8752609.PNG2017-01-18_8766952.PNG

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

These are additional stats in my humble opinion.

Item Effect: Evasion +2 & Damage Reduction +3

These are the same on 20 too.

Edited by Vyky

Posted (edited)

These are additional stats in my humble opinion.

Item Effect: Evasion +2 & Damage Reduction +3

These are the same on 20 too.

not additional and old news.. Tested long ago.

i would love it to be additional, i would wear horse gear as my armor.. So OP.. 

Edited by remilafo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is why I just flat out laugh at people from FML but i'll give my 2 cents anyways.

Assuming DP gives evasion, then AP should give accuracy as well to balance that out. Obviously you think Enchantment

It's no theory. You can observe this effect from items directly within the game. It's blatantly obvious on horse gear for example.

so yes DP is just a number on the inventory screen which is straight up an addition of all your gears evasion and damage reduction.

That is a misconception that alot of people have because they do not understand how to use their DP properly.

This is a action combat game and DP comes alive during your defensive stances like block, frontal guard and Super Armor. Your DP is NOT just automatic.

Ugh.. O.o

Okay... If an item gives you say 5dp you actually do not know if it's damage reduction or evasion, keeping the specifics hidden is by design in this game. However testing by the community has revealed alot but NOT all of the hidden specifics towards which is which, incoming facts.

As a community we know this..

- All shoes seem to be 100% evasion
- All chest armor seems to be 100% Damage reduction
- Offhand weapons are usually all Evasion unless specifically stated in the Enhancement effect (like some shields) .

- Item enhancement effect STOP at +15 , Items all proceed the standard way beyond +15.  So for example the evasion bonus on Muskans boots stops at +15, Muskan shoes proceed along the normal DP gains for PRI, DUO etc.

Nice on the PEN Krea...

The bolded sentence is a strong position and the idea is correct but truth be told we don't know what DP is on each accessory and imo we can't just assume based on an item description.

However we do know some popular items (i won't list them all here). example

- Red coral rings are Evasion DP
- Cadry Guardian rings are Dmg reduction DP.

okay.. i was summoned... Peace!

Then defend your allegations that Red Corals give evasion and Cadrys give damage reduction. Facts don't care about your feelings and fact is you DID NOT put a video explaining what is going on. Until then you have no credibility if you're not going to put up videos that PROVE Red Corals give evasion. I'm hoping you can use the same "facts don't care about your feelings" logic to me by POSTING VIDEOS as proof. Because making statements without proof is disgustingly pointless.

One more thing, accessories don't say "Enhancement Effect" but the sheet stats go up anyways. Unless people POST VIDEOS then it's safe to say that Rosar gives both DP AND Evasion as a SEPERATE STAT every time you enhance. Therefore Rosar should logically be WAY tankier than Kutum because it gives BOTH DP and Evasion.

This whole "Evasion is part of your DP" fiasco is getting old as well.

Node wars are won because you WIPE PEOPLE. Going "hybrid" or DP as a wizard clearly shows you no idea on how to play your class, this is why I laugh at people from that FML guild tbh. Pure AP accessories is still going to be meta for the most part because it's been proven by that one wizard from KR called Bong that you can be tanky without using fail DP accessories. Why is math and mechanics hard.

Try fighting a guild full of Tri-ogres with your puny damage hybrid build and see what happens.

https://clips.twitch.tv/twirow/SleepyLyrebirdKAPOW

https://clips.twitch.tv/twirow/InnocentHedgehogTriHard

Pretty sure he isn't using hybrid accessories. Like I mean if it isn't obvious enough people have already mastered the game before you "evasion kids" did. Stop trying to feel special by building full evasion, that is a GIANT BUILD and even then "full DP" shows you don't know how to dodge between grabs once you take aggro and get ganked by players. Even Valkyries go full AP and Warriors can get away with it too.

Like why put yourself at a disadvantage when for classes like wizard, you simply do Nouver/Kutum and then build Rocaba Helm + Gloves AND full AP accessories (facts don't care about your feelings, this wizard wipes teams which is what YOU SHOULD BE DOING) like everyone else that's smart and not waste time on hybrid or dp accessories. I'm all for build variety but can you people stop implying this game HAS VARIETY when it doesn't?

Edited by andy1213

Posted

Someone is salty.

No one is going to listen to you with that anger issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is why I just flat out laugh at people from FML but i'll give my 2 cents anyways.

Assuming DP gives evasion, then AP should give accuracy as well to balance that out. Obviously you think Enchantment

Then defend your allegations that Red Corals give evasion and Cadrys give damage reduction. Facts don't care about your feelings and fact is you DID NOT put a video explaining what is going on. Until then you have no credibility if you're not going to put up videos that PROVE Red Corals give evasion. I'm hoping you can use the same "facts don't care about your feelings" logic to me by POSTING VIDEOS as proof. Because making statements without proof is disgustingly pointless.

One more thing, accessories don't say "Enhancement Effect" but the sheet stats go up anyways. Unless people POST VIDEOS then it's safe to say that Rosar gives both DP AND Evasion as a SEPERATE STAT every time you enhance. Therefore Rosar should logically be WAY tankier than Kutum because it gives BOTH DP and Evasion.

This whole "Evasion is part of your DP" fiasco is getting old as well.

Node wars are won because you WIPE PEOPLE. Going "hybrid" or DP as a wizard clearly shows you no idea on how to play your class, this is why I laugh at people from that FML guild tbh. Pure AP accessories is still going to be meta for the most part because it's been proven by that one wizard from KR called Bong that you can be tanky without using fail DP accessories. Why is math and mechanics hard.

Try fighting a guild full of Tri-ogres with your puny damage hybrid build and see what happens.

https://clips.twitch.tv/twirow/SleepyLyrebirdKAPOW

https://clips.twitch.tv/twirow/InnocentHedgehogTriHard

Pretty sure he isn't using hybrid accessories. Like I mean if it isn't obvious enough people have already mastered the game before you "evasion kids" did. Stop trying to feel special by building full evasion, that is a GIANT BUILD and even then "full DP" shows you don't know how to dodge between grabs once you take aggro and get ganked by players. Even Valkyries go full AP and Warriors can get away with it too.

Like why put yourself at a disadvantage when for classes like wizard, you simply do Nouver/Kutum and then build Rocaba Helm + Gloves AND full AP accessories (facts don't care about your feelings, this wizard wipes teams which is what YOU SHOULD BE DOING) like everyone else that's smart and not waste time on hybrid or dp accessories. I'm all for build variety but can you people stop implying this game HAS VARIETY when it doesn't?

Yes showing your idols from korea and going "If it works for them it must be true".

Run your pure AP build and idk why you have to be so salty.

Posted

He might be salty but it is kinda proven pure AP destroys anything unless your a ninja or kunoichi with a eva build.