• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DP needs to get buff!

50 posts in this topic

Posted

This is so common that everyone nowadays would rather increase AP than DP (except for warrior or zerker, but awakening makes AP relevant to them again!) I participated in red battlefiled unlimited everyday with full TRI armor and Duo Bensho (about 265DP) and get oneshot/twoshot almost every time I get caught in the open. Basically PVP in this game is: CC - CC attack multiplier - Dead in 2-3 seconds.

AP is so much powerful compared to DP. AP has huge multipliers from skill (1000%+) not to mention CC multiplier (downattack 150%). With those a 200+ AP player can obliterate 260+DP with 1 CC and a few skills. It is never fun to die in 2-3 seconds, even under super armor!

Really, what is the point of DP besides grinding stupid mobs in PVE? PVP DP is so weak right now :> 

3 people like this

Posted

I heard there was a DP buff underway. Dunno if just rumour, needs citation.

I have to agree tough, DP needs more value ASAP. Having enduring fights makes this game great, I loved to duel with my guildies by equipping lowtier weapons to make the fights longer. :P

Posted (edited)

Dp can work but you need to stack it,if ya go all glass cannon accesories expect to be squishy

Edited by LinaCrysta
2 people like this

Posted

Get some evasion. Also with 265DP you shouldn't be hard to kill anyway, if you wanna be more tanky aim for 300 or even 350+. But yea I heard about an upcoming DP buff aswell, let's hope for the best.

Posted

Buff DP yet most of the classes with DP are the stronger classes anyway

makes sense, let's break the game even more

1 person likes this

Posted

265 dp is pathetic 

Posted

get more dp, 265 is low.

Posted

I i can bring a 283dp with kutum zerker to 1k hp with only 190ap and no acc besides my class *kuno* and bheg gloves and using just a regular combo.... something is off.

Posted

Get some evasion.

Is it worth it to dump knock down resist on helm and go double 5+ Evade crystal on it?

Posted

I i can bring a 283dp with kutum zerker to 1k hp with only 190ap and no acc besides my class *kuno* and bheg gloves and using just a regular combo.... something is off.

Yes, I'd expect more damage against that DP with that AP. 

Posted

Yes, I'd expect more damage against that DP with that AP. 

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.73894646.9795/flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

Posted (edited)

265 dp is too low. Most of the players that plays rbf are at 230+ ap. and I bet ur wearing full tri grunil

Edited by Rahjin

Posted

DP isn't pure Damage Reduction. There's Evasion mixed in too. Which ofc is countered by Accuracy.

Also take in to account that AP definitely scales linearly, and DP scales linearly, BUT that both have lower base/starting values. I'd say the ration is something like 1 to 2.5, possibly higher. I don't have anyone willing to sit with me for hours on end to test for it, so meh.

BTW this post is totally me at least volunteering my body to be a ragdoll <3

Posted

either re read what i wrote, or if you lack understanding or comprehension then ask for clarification

your post is completely irrelevant

Posted

Is it worth it to dump knock down resist on helm and go double 5+ Evade crystal on it?

Well depends on your preferences, dp, but I'd say definitely.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is so common that everyone nowadays would rather increase AP than DP (except for warrior or zerker, but awakening makes AP relevant to them again!) I participated in red battlefiled unlimited everyday with full TRI armor and Duo Bensho (about 265DP) and get oneshot/twoshot almost every time I get caught in the open. Basically PVP in this game is: CC - CC attack multiplier - Dead in 2-3 seconds.

AP is so much powerful compared to DP. AP has huge multipliers from skill (1000%+) not to mention CC multiplier (downattack 150%). With those a 200+ AP player can obliterate 260+DP with 1 CC and a few skills. It is never fun to die in 2-3 seconds, even under super armor!

Really, what is the point of DP besides grinding stupid mobs in PVE? PVP DP is so weak right now :> 

So you want to stack ap on a warrior or zerker, have shit loads of super armor (which you allready have) and also the dp to scale better, just to be above god tier.

Why not stack dp instead of ap? You allready have the tools to kill other players, not to mention dp is easier and cheaper to aquire.

But no, you want to have everything. You want to have the ap of a glass cannon and the dp of a full tank build.

In my native language we have a saying, roughly translated like this: you cant have a penis up your bum and have your soul in haven at the same time (which is what you are trying to have right now).

1 person likes this

Posted

DP isn't pure Damage Reduction. There's Evasion mixed in too. Which ofc is countered by Accuracy.

Also take in to account that AP definitely scales linearly, and DP scales linearly, BUT that both have lower base/starting values. I'd say the ration is something like 1 to 2.5, possibly higher. I don't have anyone willing to sit with me for hours on end to test for it, so meh.

BTW this post is totally me at least volunteering my body to be a ragdoll <3

Theres the problem aint it. SHEET DP is DR+EV. Sheet AP is simply Attack power, Accuracy is not counted in that stat. if we were to calculate SHEET AP the same way as SHEET DP, a dude with 200 ap, Kzarka, Bhegs and Kutum will have around 240ish ap. and on top of that, half of the non awakening ap is supposed to be added on to awakening affective ap. All this with the higher damage modifiers of awakening weapon skills even at 58 mean a regular ap stacked individual will have far more effective AP than a hybrid individual can match. only real way is to go full dp and lose the ability to kill people.

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/dd/59/dd5996c7bc36801d5dc054d1af1ecf1d.png

58 kuno brings down level 59, 294 DP warrior to 100 hp in 1 combo.

One combos DP buff stacked level 58 valk, 288 dp

Brings down level 59, evasion stacked wizard 301 dp to 500 hp, granted with accuracy buffs running and im at 204ap now.

If you have trouble killing high dp classes while they still one combo you, they're probably really highly geared and able to stack dp without going below 200 ap

these guys i fight arent too much better geared than me, hence i can draw a fair comparison. usually high dp with around 160-180 ap. they cant once combo my 250 dp either.

the only one that can bring me close to death within 1 combo is the wizard. #nerfWizardsPls
Image result for keepo twitch emote

Posted

YUP DP useless i admit just remove all your dp never use it ever pls

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

YUP DP useless i admit just remove all your dp never use it ever pls

shows a zerker with clearly over 550 gear score , able survive and not able to kill anyone, thinks DP is good

Edited by 6footgeeks

Posted

shows a zerker with clearly over 550 gear score , able survive and not able to kill anyone, thinks DP is good

*giggle*

Posted

DP does not work in this game, that is obvious. This and many other things make this game unplayable.

Posted

The Correct Answer: /Face Palms.  AP has to immediately destroy players.  Dying to 1 shot/combo or even 2 is pure trash game play, but BDO has NO CHOICE.  The game play HAS TO BE BAD.

WHY?

Movement speed.  The game was NOT designed for players to attack each other.  The reason for CC/instant kill is because your opponent can full heal in seconds and move faster than the speed of sound.  Some classes can dash nearly infinitely or have moves to take them off screen in a second.  You can't have realistic PVP until these core mechanics are addressed.

There are also classes that heal ridiculous amounts.  Try killing anyone that takes a few hits without nailing them to the ground.

2 people like this

Posted

add dp multipliers to skills, problemo solved. Now Valks can be the real tanks. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

I cry every time I get killed with all my AP accessories and shit. :(

Posted

that zerker have no ap

add dp multipliers to skills, problemo solved. Now Valks can be the real tanks. (✿◡‿◡)

you are already tanky af atm and you are only using full AP accessories.

people complain DP is useless right now, wait until the average ap is 240. low dp plebs your 200 dp is nothing.