• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

As usual nothing for life skillers

70 posts in this topic

Posted

they could have at least added the increased shard drops for farming , which they didnt

Farming is most nonsense crap I've encountered in an MMORPG; should at least have the same animation time for bare-handed gathering herbs.

Was only able to handle 100 crops for about 2 months before I started acquiring more grey hairs than usual.

Posted

I don't get why they can't give a 50% life exp event? Don't see a single reason not to when they give combat exp events every single week. What's the difference? Everyone would be 57-58 still without constant double exp lol, why can't we get the same sorta fast track in life skills? 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't get why they can't give a 50% life exp event? Don't see a single reason not to when they give combat exp events every single week. What's the difference? Everyone would be 57-58 still without constant double exp lol, why can't we get the same sorta fast track in life skills? 

Possibly doing something with life-skills, once they're finished we could maybe see life skill EXP events?

Adjusting the EXP curve, changing how rewarding progressing through ranks are etc, a few simple things they could do; or you know, they could be doing fork all with life skills, always a possibility.

Edited by Hagakure

Posted

I get 122 score with my character master 17 cooking. Something's so wrong with that weak score.

One character with that level won't do squat.  Thats probably the only character you have? I have 12 characters with Pro and Artisan. No masters and my score is WAY higher than you.

THIS is why the game encouraged players to create as many characters as they can when the game came out. MANY advantaged to having many characters. This is just one of them.

Posted

One character with that level won't do squat.  Thats probably the only character you have? I have 12 characters with Pro and Artisan. No masters and my score is WAY higher than you.

THIS is why the game encouraged players to create as many characters as they can when the game came out. MANY advantaged to having many characters. This is just one of them.

Master 17 cooking on one is way harder than Pro and Artisan on 12. It's flawed.

2 people like this

Posted

I am all for life skill events as long as it includes contribution experience as well (more akin to skill exp to combat xp)

Posted

The multiple character thing is garbage lol, why would I want to have three artisan cooks instead of one master cook for example? All I'm doing is gimping myself out of material result. The only benefit to life skills on multiple characters was energy limit, which has gone, and with it, the point of having multiple life skill characters.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm only getting 215 fame from all of my Lifeskills .... and I'm in the top 25 for almost every category on Balenos.   Not only are we getting completely screwed on the rewards, but also on the points...  Meanwhile I'm getting 320 from "combat" score and I can't stand the Monster Grinding in this game  (they're so dumb and carebeary...what's the point?)

They can argue a case for needing to master every category (&getting 1000+ points)... but this total points scoring is disproportionate bullshit 

Edited by iller

Posted

I'm only getting 215 fame from all of my Lifeskills .... and I'm in the top 25 for almost every category on Balenos.   Not only are we getting completely screwed on the rewards, but also on the points...  Meanwhile I'm getting 320 from "combat" score and I can't stand the Monster Grinding in this game  (they're so dumb and carebeary...what's the point?)

Someone please dec this person's guild so monster grinding isn't so carebeary

Posted

Someone please dec this person's guild so monster grinding isn't so carebeary

What's the reward for fighting other players?

Posted (edited)

Sure, that sounds awesome, "Wow 50% life exp, I can level up so much faster".  The problem is you aren't the only one that would be leveling up your life skills. So would thousands of others that previously didn't do life skills much or just were new.  Now suddenly all those food items you were selling, or potions, or whatever... are tanking in price from the higher supply from all those people that just used the event to jump quickly to Artisan/Master life skills.  Then Imperials are sold out constantly, and crates are at 80%, etc.

Edited by Jaradis

Posted

What's the reward for fighting other players?

their tears

Posted (edited)

their tears

Gankers don't have tears to shed if you beat them.  This is a one-way transaction only.  Therefore it's not a validation for the rest of us who measure our own worth based on mature intrinsic values as opposed to petty Bullying of ppl who suck at fighting back

Edited by iller

Posted

Gankers don't have tears to shed if you beat them.  This is a one-way transaction only.  Therefore it's not a validation for the rest of us who measure our own worth based on mature intrinsic values as opposed to petty Bullying of ppl who suck at fighting back

Youre over thinking it

Posted

Youre over thinking it

You are not thinking it at all.

Posted

I don't get the point of this thread, what do lifeskillers actually need? 

• Gathering gets an increased chance for hard/sharp stones which will greatly increase your hourly silver gain whilst gathering items you need
  • Processing doesn't need anything buffed and higher levels don't matter past a certain stage, not to mention we no longer use energy
  • Cooking also doesn't need anything buffed and we also no longer need energy
  • Alchemy is the same as cooking
  • Training has already had a buff to horse prices and is ONE of the best AFK silver gaining methods
  • Fishing is also another good AFK silver gaining method and the addition of Imperial Fishing gives you even more silver
  • Hunting I'm not so sure about
  • Trade, whilst a grind, is only needed for Master 2 to get additional silver and you can already make a minimum of 160k per box (at 80%)
  • Farming is lumped in with gathering and we can also use workers to tend crops if needed

Hoenstly, what do lifeskillers actually need? A buff to EXP so we can change a numerical number above our heads? I'd love to earn more than 1% EXP every 20 minutes for trade, but I don't need to. BDO already gives you a way to earn 50+ million silver a day without having to grind. :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't get the point of this thread, what do lifeskillers actually need? 

• Gathering gets an increased chance for hard/sharp stones which will greatly increase your hourly silver gain whilst gathering items you need
  • Processing doesn't need anything buffed and higher levels don't matter past a certain stage, not to mention we no longer use energy
  • Cooking also doesn't need anything buffed and we also no longer need energy
  • Alchemy is the same as cooking
  • Training has already had a buff to horse prices and is ONE of the best AFK silver gaining methods
  • Fishing is also another good AFK silver gaining method and the addition of Imperial Fishing gives you even more silver
  • Hunting I'm not so sure about
  • Trade, whilst a grind, is only needed for Master 2 to get additional silver and you can already make a minimum of 160k per box (at 80%)
  • Farming is lumped in with gathering and we can also use workers to tend crops if needed

Hoenstly, what do lifeskillers actually need? A buff to EXP so we can change a numerical number above our heads? I'd love to earn more than 1% EXP every 20 minutes for trade, but I don't need to. BDO already gives you a way to earn 50+ million silver a day without having to grind. :) 

It's about the new fame system. We have some lifeskiller, including myself, wondering why we score so low on this system. As I have posted, I cook until  release day and I have master 17. It's humiliating in a sense to see others, not even trying this hard to lifeskill getting a higher score because they had some professionnal X or Artisan X, and go way higher in score. This is arbitrary and counter-intuitive.

It's also an extra daily pay. Looking at the combat fame, my character is level 59,595% at the moment. When I'll hit 60, I'll reach the second tier in Combat Fame for 350k per day. Okay, that seems alright; I could get alts to 56 and get way more score there. But, I look at my lifeskills: Master 1 Gather, Master 17 Cooking, Artisan 8 process, Artisan 5 farming. (I usually have a rank 1 to 3 cooking medal over my head, a farming one, and a RBF one. One could say that I spent way more effort on the lifeskill; but no way does my Fame reflect that.

And no, cooking isn't AFK lifeskill. 

Edited by Despins

Posted

It's about the new fame system. We have some lifeskiller, including myself, wondering why we score so low on this system. As I have posted, I cook until  release day and I have master 17.

The maximum you can make per day via the fame system is 1.75 million silver, or rather the amount of silver you get by turning in 3 sandwich boxes or ~8 honey wine boxes. If you're Master 17 cooking then you've earned enough silver that missing out on 1.75 million silver a day isn't really that much of an issue. 

It's humiliating in a sense to see others, not even trying this hard to lifeskill getting a higher score because they had some professionnal X or Artisan X, and go way higher in score. This is arbitrary and counter-intuitive.

Why is it humiliating that someone who has paid attention to MORE life-skills has higher fame? You focused on one life-skills and got rather high in it, they decided to focus on multiple life-skills. Is it also humiliating to you when you only have one icon above your head and someone runs past with six? 

It's also an extra daily pay. Looking at the combat fame, my character is level 59,595% at the moment. When I'll hit 60, I'll reach the second tier in Combat Fame for 350k per day. Okay, that seems alright; I could get alts to 56 and get way more score there. But, I look at my lifeskills: Master 1 Gather, Master 17 Cooking, Artisan 8 process, Artisan 5 farming. (I usually have a rank 1 to 3 cooking medal over my head, a farming one, and a RBF one. One could say that I spent way more effort on the lifeskill; but no way does my Fame reflect that.

No, one could not say that at all. You spent way more effort on 1/2 life-skills out of a total of nine. Why should you be given extra silver because you spent your time AFK cooking when someone else has either spent their time grinding their main and alt. Why should you be given preferential treatment over someone with let's say Master in 4-5 life-skills?

And no, cooking isn't AFK lifeskill. 

Yes, it is. You mix the ingredients that your workers gather or that you gather yourself, that's it. I'm Master 10 in Cooking and as far as I can see there's no cooking mini-game, you add the items to cook a specific dish and then bumble away until it's fone.

Posted

Plunge, I gave you my list of life skill and it isn't just one. The best way to get fame via lifeskill is to aim for Artisan on multiple characters and multiple lifeskill, which is could be fine, if focusing deeply in 3 job is consequently rewarded. It is not about mastering 4-5 skill, which I am about to do: this will achieve in a poor score still compared to a casual account composed of a few 56 alts.

"More life skill" (Life skill diversity) should be at least put in an equal measure "to more quality" (Life skill specialization) score in said life skill. The current system is mostly about who did the most life skill on as many alt possible. I am conceding that point: both should be rewarded.

Cooking is AFK, alright. Tell that to the Valencian Meal, meat gathering, milk farming (especially when you had to gather between 100 and 120%).

I agree that it's not that much of silver difference, but it does feel nice. What if someone's fun in the game was to get the best per-day income passively while also doing the rest actively. Personnally, I think it's really interesting to have an empire of workers supporting that money-making stuff.

Plunge, please man, be generous with the others when they put a point. Everytime you put something down, it seems catastrophic when someone claims otherwise. You know it's dishonest to say that cooking is pure AFK; it's not the first time I see this from you.

Why should you be given preferential treatment over someone with let's say Master in 4-5 life-skills?

Because I spent the same time as they did.

Posted

Magoria is coming in like a week bruh...  Port Ratt on the continent of Hasao or whatever has, from what I have seen, the highest most expensive level trading goods available, thats a lifeskill.  

The underwater gathering will include new items to process and gather for lifeskill people, some of which directly affect your ability to be better at your skill, off the top of my head there is a new belt that raises you LT by 100 and an additional 100 for every enchant level so you can carry more trade goods, gather more crap, process, cook, alchemy more stuff without being over burdened.

The problem is, in my opinion, that KAKAO does not post this information, you have to look for yourself, they should be having full feature lists of upcoming stuff so players are informed of what is coming...  like why do I jave to rely on some translated patch notes from Korea?  Why cant they just be like "Hey upcoming patch in 2 weeks is adding x, y, z there you go."  I'm not talking about patch notes necessarily either, just upcoming feature lists that go in depth about the content.  There is a lack of player communication, that is what causes all this frustration.  There is a lot of content in the way, you probably just dont know about it *shrug*

Posted

magoria is like an hour away from the mainland,, i think it counts as its own continent lol

A LITTLE PART of an ISLAND surrounded by INVISIBLE WALLS with 3 NPCs and not even houses nor nodes... Would not say it is an ENTIRE CONTINENT.

Waiting for the next comment saying that is a full of quests, new mobs and content CONTINENT.

Posted

Plunge, I gave you my list of life skill and it isn't just one. The best way to get fame via lifeskill is to aim for Artisan on multiple characters and multiple lifeskill, which is could be fine, if focusing deeply in 3 job is consequently rewarded. It is not about mastering 4-5 skill, which I am about to do: this will achieve in a poor score still compared to a casual account composed of a few 56 alts.

So why don't you do what others are doing and make multiple characters? You chose to focus on one character and get one lifeskill very high, doesn't mean you should earn more than someone who has multiple character at artisan/master level. It takes more effort to level multiple characters up then it does to get Master 17 in cooking. Sure the cooking will take longer but it also only requires placing various ingredients in a a cooking utensil.

"More life skill" (Life skill diversity) should be at least put in an equal measure "to more quality" (Life skill specialization) score in said life skill. The current system is mostly about who did the most life skill on as many alt possible. I am conceding that point: both should be rewarded.

That's not what yo uwere originally crying about though, you were saying that you should be paid more for concentrating on one skill.

Cooking is AFK, alright. Tell that to the Valencian Meal, meat gathering, milk farming (especially when you had to gather between 100 and 120%).

Meat gathering is part of gathering, you can also purchase meat off the marketplace. Milk farming is AFK and requires your attention for 5 minutes or so; a better argument would have been to mention the milking mini-game but if you're a Master 17 cook then you'll have made a lot of 

I agree that it's not that much of silver difference, but it does feel nice. What if someone's fun in the game was to get the best per-day income passively while also doing the rest actively. Personnally, I think it's really interesting to have an empire of workers supporting that money-making stuff.

Your workers have nothing to do with the 1.75 million though, and if you're worried about making an extra 500k-1.750 million a day then you're worker empire evidently isn't making enough.

Plunge, please man, be generous with the others when they put a point. Everytime you put something down, it seems catastrophic when someone claims otherwise.

Have I insulted you? Claimed your opinion isn't allowed? No.

You know it's dishonest to say that cooking is pure AFK; it's not the first time I see this from you.

It's not, COOKING is AFK. I'm cooking right now whilst typing on the forum. 

Because I spent the same time as they did.

So you deserve more? 

Posted

So why don't you do what others are doing and make multiple characters? You chose to focus on one character and get one lifeskill very high, doesn't mean you should earn more than someone who has multiple character at artisan/master level. It takes more effort to level multiple characters up then it does to get Master 17 in cooking. Sure the cooking will take longer but it also only requires placing various ingredients in a a cooking utensil.

That's not what yo uwere originally crying about though, you were saying that you should be paid more for concentrating on one skill.

Meat gathering is part of gathering, you can also purchase meat off the marketplace. Milk farming is AFK and requires your attention for 5 minutes or so; a better argument would have been to mention the milking mini-game but if you're a Master 17 cook then you'll have made a lot of 

Your workers have nothing to do with the 1.75 million though, and if you're worried about making an extra 500k-1.750 million a day then you're worker empire evidently isn't making enough.

Have I insulted you? Claimed your opinion isn't allowed? No.

It's not, COOKING is AFK. I'm cooking right now whilst typing on the forum. 

So you deserve more? 

What don't you get about Master 17 Cooking being harder and taking more time than 12 characters with Professional Cooking? It's not that hard to figure out. Quit being obtuse.

Posted

What don't you get about Master 17 Cooking being harder and taking more time than 12 characters with Professional Cooking? It's not that hard to figure out. Quit being obtuse.

It's not harder in the slightest, you are doing an AFK activity in what way is that difficult? Why on earth should someone be paid more for clicking a few times and then going AFK? Are you under the impression that cooking requires skill or dedication? The most "difficult" part of cooking is getting a utensil that will last you long enough to go AFK. :) 

Posted

It's not harder in the slightest, you are doing an AFK activity in what way is that difficult? Why on earth should someone be paid more for clicking a few times and then going AFK? Are you under the impression that cooking requires skill or dedication? The most "difficult" part of cooking is getting a utensil that will last you long enough to go AFK. :) 

You obviously have no clue.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0