• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Class for solo farming (nopots) ?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

55+ ? Bought game yesterday, I got 6x classes at 20 atm. Wiz/Ranger/Berserk/Ninja/Sorc/Valk. I can delete 1 if needed.

I don't have much weight for extra pots so pref not use alot of them but still be effecient solo.

Posted

Witch. I haven't used a potion for months.

Posted

There are options to assist all classes with this.  You can upgrade your skills to give HP/MP etc per hit and you can use crystals that will do the same.  Warrior/Sorc are also very strong for this.

Posted

Most if not all awakening classes have a heal that comes with awakening skills. Plus you can add on heals for skill awakening. I never used any pots grinding.

Posted (edited)

Witch and Valk never need pots for PVE. But valk is slow to clear with. You don't even need to use your skill add-ons to accomplish this. Or crystals. Desert Debuff is never an issue for them either.

But as others have said, there are in game mechanisms to assist with this for other classes, if you want.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

Witch and Valk never need pots for PVE. But valk is slow to clear with. You don't even need to use your skill add-ons to accomplish this. Or crystals. Desert Debuff is never an issue for them either.

But as others have said, there are in game mechanisms to assist with this for other classes, if you want.

+1 and both are pretty fun to play and learn (Still have to level my witch but i'll get to it eventually when im done with other "plans)

Test em out , lvl 55-56 isin't hard to get , 1-2 days and you can get an ideea if you'd like it or not.

1 person likes this

Posted

Berseker grind alone very well and no need any potions for pve

Posted

Wizard > Witch, then far far away Valks and other chars but they need good gear to be able to grind without using pots.

Wiz and witch can grind without gear and still not needing pots, also they can kill strong monsters requiring 40-50 less AP than other classes.

Posted (edited)

"valk is slow to clear with"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaB-KnVmaEI

nice try, just because some classes have higher skill cap does not mean they have slow clear speed.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

Pick anything that isnt a ranger 

here i am lvl 60 215ap and still using 3-400 pots per hour

2 people like this

Posted

i used about 50 hp pots per hour in area that have elites, and about 250 mp pots per hour, running full mp regen crystal +2 with addons.

Posted

nice try, just because some classes have higher skill cap does not mean they have slow clear speed.

A lvl 59 overgeared in a 57 zone. Good way to showcase skill and clear speed of a class. Smart :)

Posted

A lvl 59 overgeared in a 57 zone. Good way to showcase skill and clear speed of a class. Smart :)

excuses, excuses, excuses. if someone else can do it, why can't you?

Posted

Witch IMO. Wiz has a strong PVP toolset and a great 100%, but IMO Witch is stronger for PVE grinding thanks to Fissure Wave being so strong and short cooldown.

excuses, excuses, excuses. if someone else can do it, why can't you?

One might surmise that other classes with the same level and gearscore could be considerably faster in the same setting. 

Posted (edited)

I am a Valk main, have PvE rolled skill addons for mana and hp recovery, and use level 2 herbals on cooldown while still running out of mana.

If you are not using pots on a Valkyrie then you are not doing it right. We are so disgustingly WP hungry that it's not even funny.

Edited by ebonystallion

Posted

Witch IMO. Wiz has a strong PVP toolset and a great 100%, but IMO Witch is stronger for PVE grinding thanks to Fissure Wave being so strong and short cooldown.

One might surmise that other classes with the same level and gearscore could be considerably faster in the same setting. 

my ap is higher than his and im a ranger, and I can't farm as fast because we don't have a vacuum.

Posted

my ap is higher than his and im a ranger, and I can't farm as fast because we don't have a vacuum.

Don't necessarily need a vacuum when your abilities have a big enough AOE radius. I'm recommending Witch, not ranger. I believe the OP asked for a class that doesn't chug pots. 

Posted (edited)

Berseker grind alone very well and no need any potions for pve

^ can confirm. I never use a single pot at grinding. Still always carry some herbal and HP pots around for PvP though. But not needed at PvE. Insane selfheals if ever needed(never use it in pve) and almost every single awakening skill has good WP recovery on it. 

Once you git gud at giant and have some decent gear, nobody can touch you aswell. I eat witches and wizards for breakfast ;)

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted (edited)

I am a Valk main, have PvE rolled skill addons for mana and hp recovery, and use level 2 herbals on cooldown while still running out of mana.

Actually now that you say it, I did in fact have addons for health and DP most of the time. I was kinda mixing witch and Valk in there.

WP hungry? maybe, but WP is easy to gain too. wasn't an issue for me, but I haven't played them much in a long bit. haven't spent a ton of time post awa.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

Actually now that you say it, I did in fact have addons for health and DP most of the time. I was kinda mixing witch and Valk in there.

WP hungry? maybe, but WP is easy to gain too. wasn't an issue for me, but I haven't played them much in a long bit. haven't spent a ton of time post awa.

I see, then that's why. I thought you would be referring to post awak.

Valks never had wp issues pre awakening, and are now one of the most WP hungry classes in the entire game.

Posted (edited)

A wizard with 50 less AP than that Valk clear as fast or faster.

Wonder sharing how much AP? Does not matter, I bet that any wiz, witch, ranger, warrior with your AP can steal every single of your kills.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

this is really fuk up. We're  the only class that use this amount of pots for grinding. Why does no one speak up about this? Sorc clear faster than ranger and use less pot wtf is up with that?

Posted

A wizard with 50 less AP than that Valk clear as fast or faster.
Wonder sharing how much AP? Does not matter, I bet that any wiz, witch, ranger, warrior with your AP can steal every single of your kills.

you have no idea how fast valks can clear mobs...

Posted

I have to say, i am so impressed how valks have managed to create this stigma that they are underpowered in every possible 

ive grinded with many valks that can easily match my grinding pace (ranger) the only thing they slightly lack is sustained movment speed inbetween mobs, thats all that slows them down 

and a desent valk that know what theyre doing can beat rangers to a pulp in pvp without a sweat 

Posted

Wizard will be more engaging than witch also no pots or anything and their 100% actually does something