• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

a friend is trying to play after a stroke need suggestions

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Gamers world wide, I have a member of my group who recently suffered a stroke, he is trying to play mouse and keyboard 1 handed and still is a gamer

I have seen these but is it mouse and keyboard? and would it work

razer_nostromo.jpg

I have also seen this sadly not out yet

7999ba6b1194796b351938cd092e5f38_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666150716/keymousetm-the-keyboard-and-mouse-re-invented

Does anyone have any suggestions?

looking for mouse and keyboard combined solutions left handed

I reached out to these guys and i hope to have a decent answer 

http://www.keymouse.com/blog

Posted

For some. They are amazing. I have one but never really diciplined myself to use it. I think it could be a good tool for your friend to definitely try!  I am so sorry to hear about your friend 

Posted

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I have been using the Razer Taratous for several years and have gone through 2 of them in that time. The Nostromos you have pictured is basically an upgraded version. It will suffice for most inputs in the game but not all, imo. The joypad would work for. Mouse look\movment but as far as using other buttons as mouse clicks at the same time may prove problematic not to mention that needing to turn quickly would be a nightmare.

I know he wants to use a k\b but I believe a controller would be the best option. This game is so much like an standard action game that it functions very well. Several people in my old guild used them and did very well.

Posted

Very unfortunate news indeed, I can weigh in on the first item in your image as being a bit odd to adapt to at first for general use (not any game specifically). However with time I was able to get pretty decent functionality out of it, the most obvious drawback was the tendency to make it difficult to type and requiring a keyboard to still be available.

There are certainly options out there (I did a little googling and will pass on some additional info via PM), though I am personally not aware of anything oriented towards BDO specifically. Should you happen to run into anything helpful by all means let us know as I'd happily pass it along for any future questions related to this.

I wish your friend the best of luck, and hope they are able to recover some additional functionality with time.

11 people like this

Posted

To your friend: stay strong ! 

Posted (edited)

Hello, unfortunately that product is a keyboard + gamepad which is not the same as a mouse. It also has something that can function as a mouse wheel. Some people have expressed success using a gamepad with BDO but i would imagine this would be optimal with two sticks and not just one like that product has.

This is another option, it is a Wii like mouse controller with a limited keyboard built in. I imagine it would be difficult to get used to first, but your friend could try it and return the product if it didn't work for him.

http://newatlas.com/one-handed-twiddler3-keyboard-tekgear/36952/

I personally use a touchpad. I can't use a mouse. So it's possible your friend could use a keyboard with a central touchpad (or an IBM/Lenovo like trackpad) with all the hotkeys collected around the touchpad/trackpad for easy access.

lenovo-thinkpad-twist-review-6-640x424.j

Edited by Sibyyl
2 people like this

Posted

Heber Allred <heber@zzinc.com>
3:37 PM (16 minutes ago)

to me, support 
Sorry to hear about your Guild member with a stroke.
I think KeyMouse will work great for some types of games, but not all games.  I have not played Black Desert, so I would not be able to say exactly.

KeyMouse gives you a lot of control with lots of access to keys, while at the same time it’s a mouse.  It’s like a game pad combined with a mouse.  It is fully reprogrammable, so it can be setup for one handed typing (by programming one of the keys to toggle the FN layer that switches the device to the other hand while it’s held down).  You can control DPI for different speeds.  We have lots of options here, like switching to slow motion (precision mode) while a key is held down, and then when you let up it’s back to normal speed.

We are still working on manufacturing for KeyMouse, so the finished product is not available yet, but I can sell a 3D printed beta version if you are interested.
It would be $200 for one hand (or $399 for both) + shipping.  It comes with software to re-program it (currently Windows but Mac and Linux will be available after we compile our software for those platforms).  It’s not perfected yet, but I’m using it every day as my primary input, and I really like it.

Thanks,
Heber
www.keymouse.com
www.zzinc.com

Posted

I use a nostromo and it is an awesome tool for a all in one keybind/movement tool. You would still need a mouse, and a keyboard to type with unless you have software for a digital one. Also if you go with the nostromo make sure u get the first edition they remade it in a green(?) color and it is much more cheaply made than the original blue one. 

Posted (edited)

how about something like this? full numeric keypad on the side that you could bind movement keys to. One of my friends plays another MMO one handed with it.

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-mice/razer-naga

razer-naga-2014-left-03.png

Edited by felloverbackwards
another sentance

Posted

I would also look at the Logitech G13 keypad, I found it to be a slightly better option than the Razer with a few more buttons. It also allows you to set multiple profiles for different games. Comfortable to use and reliable and definitely worth a look. After 4 years of heavy gaming mine is still going strong.

They do take a bit of 'getting used to' but no more than a multi button mouse and once you get used to it there is no going back :)

Posted

You would need something where you could both use the WASD or movement keys as well as trigger hotkeys with one hand, therazer is cool, I have one its great but I still use my left hand to move.

Have you considered some kind of speech to text/imput program?  I'm sure stuff like that is out there.

Posted

The G13 has a mini 4 position joystick which I have configured for WASD and it is a lot smoother than using the keyboard, but all the keys are programmable for single or multiple keystrokes

Posted

how about something like this? full numeric keypad on the side that you could bind movement keys to. One of my friends plays another MMO one handed with it.

http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/gaming-mice/razer-naga

razer-naga-2014-left-03.png

this is one of the best solution imho...

set some buttons for WASD and the rest for the last buttons

at the end the naga has so much configurations that you can easily playing with one hand...

when my naga died, i bought the LOGITECH Mouse Gaming Ottico G600 MMO which is IMHO worth as much as naga

Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and will refrain from making jokes about playing ranger or zerker one-handed. I have no constructive input to this thread

Posted

How about a controller? I know some of my friends use the controller and everything is fine for them.