• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please fix Stealth

119 posts in this topic

Posted

The stealth abilitie of kunoichi/ninja are broken in the game.

The pets of Wizard/Witch/Tamer can see Kunoichi/Ninja through their Stealth abilitie even if the player was out of sight of the Wizard/Witch/Tamer.

https://i.gyazo.com/9148e0b9ac2464e66e80adc4b9fdba51.mp4

22 people like this

Posted

working as intended

9 people like this

Posted

don't nerf pet classes, ffs.

Posted

don't nerf pet classes, ffs.

So that video, showing broken stealth, is OK? I'm not saying nerf pet classes, but leaving stealth classes broken isn't the correct solution either.

2 people like this

Posted

The keepers know all.  u.u

Posted

Magic...working as intended.

Also...lol "even if the player was out of sight of the Wizard/Witch/Tamer"

Posted

I  agree with fixing stealth

Posted

Fixed stealth = removed stealth.

Stealth is retarded mechanic what should not have place in games.

4 people like this

Posted

Hey guys. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I've gone ahead and passed it on to the rest of the team for further investigation. :) 

28 people like this

Posted

I guess when you stealth and become less visible... you still smell.   (shrug)  Seems reasonable.  

Posted

Fixed stealth = removed stealth.

Stealth is retarded mechanic what should not have place in games.

lmfao, turn you sound on. And you won't get rekt by stealth.

Posted

Hey guys. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I've gone ahead and passed it on to the rest of the team for further investigation. :) 

Oh? A new CM? Wish you the best of luck here and I hope the community doesn't scare you off like it has some of the other ex-employees.

Posted

too much stealth has been the bane of many mmos.  working as intended. l2p

Posted

Even going in stealth 300m away, then going in range of a Tamer/Witch/Wizard, if the player with the pet commands the pet to attack it will auto aggro on a stealthed player.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just the fact that you dont instant loose mob agro in pve, but most can still follow you till death is a very strange choice.

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

I hope this time information will be a bit quicker.

Last time we had to wait 2 months for any information.

Posted

Why remove an interesting mechanic from the game? If a Witch/Wizard is there, then you have to be more cautious about sneaking around. Also, not every witch/wizard uses their pets efficiently. I can understand the issue, but you know, golems have feelings too :(

Posted (edited)

Why remove an interesting mechanic from the game? If a Witch/Wizard is there, then you have to be more cautious about sneaking around. Also, not every witch/wizard uses their pets efficiently. I can understand the issue, but you know, golems have feelings too :(

It's not an interesting mechanic when even if the pet can't see you, the wizard/witch can switch to staff and knock you out of stealth by firing chain lighting around them until they hit you.

Edited by Xenon
2 people like this

Posted

It's not an interesting mechanic when even if the pet can't see you, the wizard/witch can switch to staff and knock you out of stealth by firing chain lighting around them until they hit you.

Lol, yes. Because we run around and randomly fire chain lightning all day! *Bzz* *Bzz* :P

Jokes aside, for me it seems reasonable for a wizard to be able to counter a sneakybeaky guy in black clothes... I mean, why should a Ninja become insulated when cloaking? Is your cloak made out of rubber? As far as I know your skill makes you invisible, not Invincible.

I personally, like the fact that a golem could find you while invisible, turns me into a ninja hunter every time we group PvP. :)

I believe this could be fixed with longer time invisible or a bigger damage threshold before turning visible.

Posted

Lol, yes. Because we run around and randomly fire chain lightning all day! *Bzz* *Bzz* :P

Jokes aside, for me it seems reasonable for a wizard to be able to counter a sneakybeaky guy in black clothes... I mean, why should a Ninja become insulated when cloaking? Is your cloak made out of rubber? As far as I know your skill makes you invisible, not Invincible.

I personally, like the fact that a golem could find you while invisible, turns me into a ninja hunter every time we group PvP. :)

I believe this could be fixed with longer time invisible or a bigger damage threshold before turning visible.

Wizard and Witch are already S tier classes, why would they need to counter an already low tier class set? Can't tell if trolling or you have downs.

9 people like this

Posted

This is troubled news if not working as intended. Us wizard and witches will feel more unsafe and troubled when leaving safezones if our pets are not able to keep a watchful eye.

Posted (edited)

Wizard and Witch are already S tier classes, why would they need to counter an already low tier class set? Can't tell if trolling or you have downs.

Neither of the two, but thanks for the concern. I proposed a way to buff the ninja class, and here I get attacked because im a Witch. NGHH I'm so offended!!! Again, Jokes aside.

It doesn't matter if the wizard is "S tier" If the Ninja becomes stronger in general with a buff in stealth ability. The thing is, there aren't many classes which can counter a ninja to this extend. Removing the Pet's ability and a Wizards ability to "chainlight" detect a Ninja could exorbitantly boost the Ninja's strength because of lack of "natural" predators and make the stealth ability too much of a factor in PvP (Image the stealth ability would always = 1 easy kill, since you could just sneak up and wombocombo someone to death.) I would rather see the Ninja's stealth getting buffed generally by a small fraction, as I stated above, by a longer stealth time and some damage threshold so the lightningchain and other low output skills can't counter it but there still is the possibility to detect them by clever usage of AoE skills and Pet classes.

Edit:

Does the Tamer pet also behave this way? If not it should be implemented when the Wizard's Pets loose this ability. Tamers are purposeless in general, so they could use a buff or two. ;)

Edited by Shiine
^

Posted

Neither of the two, but thanks for the concern. I proposed a way to buff the ninja class, and here I get attacked because im a Witch. NGHH I'm so offended!!! Again, Jokes aside.

It doesn't matter if the wizard is "S tier" If the Ninja becomes stronger in general with a buff in stealth ability. The thing is, there aren't many classes which can counter a ninja to this extend. Removing the Pet's ability and a Wizards ability to "chainlight" detect a Ninja could exorbitantly boost the Ninja's strength because of lack of "natural" predators and make the stealth ability too much of a factor in PvP (Image the stealth ability would always = 1 easy kill, since you could just sneak up and wombocombo someone to death.) I would rather see the Ninja's stealth getting buffed generally by a small fraction, as I stated above, by a longer stealth time and some damage threshold so the lightningchain and other low output skills can't counter it but there still is the possibility to detect them by clever usage of AoE skills and Pet classes.

Edit:

Does the Tamer pet also behave this way? If not it should be implemented when the Wizard's Pets loose this ability. Tamers are purposeless in general, so they could use a buff or two. ;)

All pets do the same thing and see through stealth.

If they decide that we should be seen in stealth by pets then they should also give us the ability to kill those pets to reduce the risk to ourselves.

Posted

The stealth abilitie of kunoichi/ninja are broken in the game.

The pets of Wizard/Witch/Tamer can see Kunoichi/Ninja through their Stealth abilitie even if the player was out of sight of the Wizard/Witch/Tamer.

https://i.gyazo.com/9148e0b9ac2464e66e80adc4b9fdba51.mp4

I don't see any issues in this video that needs any attention from Kakaos side...

Really the Skilldescription from the Skill "Ninjutsu: Concealment" is pretty clear to this.

Here is what the description says:

"Completely immune to attacks and invisible to enemies for 15 sec.
Except for debuffs, any kind of attack cannot break the Concealment.
Monsters will attack you if they detected you before using Concealment.
Concealment will break if you do anything other than moving.
When casting the spell, the character quickly moves to the direction it was facing in concealment. "

I highlighted the part that is important here. The Tamers pet as well as Witch/Wizzards pets are considered as a Monster. The OP Video shows a Ninja/Kuno in the arena, likely got hit by the witch before recording. (taking into account that he already lost a certain amount of hp).

So of course the pet will attack a player that goes into stealth after he already was attacked.

If you show a proof of a situation where the player goes into stealth without being seen or hit before he used the skill and the pet then runs straight towards you and hits you, then i would agree with you that there need to be a fix for it.

3 people like this

Posted

I don't see any issues in this video that needs any attention from Kakaos side...

Really the Skilldescription from the Skill "Ninjutsu: Concealment" is pretty clear to this.

Here is what the description says:

"Completely immune to attacks and invisible to enemies for 15 sec.
Except for debuffs, any kind of attack cannot break the Concealment.
Monsters will attack you if they detected you before using Concealment.
Concealment will break if you do anything other than moving.
When casting the spell, the character quickly moves to the direction it was facing in concealment. "

I highlighted the part that is important here. The Tamers pet as well as Witch/Wizzards pets are considered as a Monster. The OP Video shows a Ninja/Kuno in the arena, likely got hit by the witch before recording. (taking into account that he already lost a certain amount of hp).

So of course the pet will attack a player that goes into stealth after he already was attacked.

If you show a proof of a situation where the player goes into stealth without being seen or hit before he used the skill and the pet then runs straight towards you and hits you, then i would agree with you that there need to be a fix for it.

Monsters can be killed.....

1 person likes this