• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please fix Stealth

119 posts in this topic

Posted

Well don't even compare anything with a Wizard, nobody is in his league atm.

Wizard is the Voldemort in this game, unfortunately he doesn't even have the weaknesses. Some ppl say DK will be the Harry Potter of BDO but I doubt though, Wizards will still keep using his retarded dive and 100% nuke tactics, and nothing can keep him from doing that BS over and over again. DK can outrange Wizard sure, but she can't keep Wizard away from teleporting on her face so it's pretty much meaningless, nor does she have any kind of defensive abilities to keep herself from getting blown up in an instant.

Posted (edited)

100% agree

Many ppl don't realize how retarded OP Ninja/Kuno are in a small scale PVP. The ability to strike first almost always guarantee u a victory.(unless the opponent stacks heavy evasion gear) One of the most cancerous PVP mechanics in this game.

Are we actually -----ing about a weakness for an OP skill?

Comedy Gold right here.  First of all, how is the invisibility OP when it doesn't even make you invisible? Everytime you use it against a wizard, you're getting smacked and followed around by a red fatass.  The invisibility invulnerability does not even work.  You can still get stunned (test this against a witch or wizard before you reply), and all it blocks is damage, not cc.  After you get cc'd, which most moves include a type of, you are able to take damage.  THEREFORE, the invisibility can only block one hit in most cases and leaves you extremely vulnerable after getting hit. 

ONLY NEWBIES cannot hit you with a wolf/fatass red thing/scary golem/electric man following you.

"The ability to strike first almost always guarantee u a victory".  I'm sure that a ninja will stealth outside of your sight and use all twenty seconds of 50% slower movement speed just hoping you don't start moving -- because if you start pressing "w" (which is so -----ing hard), there is no way in hell the ninja will catch up.  The Block Jump move would be far more efficient if you're -----ing about a "first hit".  

Given that a ninja stealths during a fight, you're just an idiot if you let your guard down.  Simply run away outside the original teleport distance (3 meters) and continue running to disengage if you're that afraid.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a -----ing noob.  Just putting that out there.

Wizard is the Voldemort in this game, unfortunately he doesn't even have the weaknesses. Some ppl say DK will be the Harry Potter of BDO but I doubt though, Wizards will still keep using his retarded dive and 100% nuke tactics, and nothing can keep him from doing that BS over and over again. DK can outrange Wizard sure, but she can't keep Wizard away from teleporting on her face so it's pretty much meaningless, nor does she have any kind of defensive abilities to keep herself from getting blown up in an instant.

If wizard is so op, why are you objecting to a change that would only affect wizards, witches, and tamers as they are the ones with summoned pets?

Edited by ChubbyChildren

Posted

Why would you not compare it to a Wizard. Wizard is the best class so of course ppl are going to use Wizard as the baseline for balance.  Not only that but Dark Knight, Witch, Berserker, Warrior, Sorcerer, Ranger all of these classes have extreme advantages over a Ninja/Kuno.  The fact that Wizard/Witches are so OP and are prevalent that we Ninja/Kuno need buffs.

Things broken about nInja/Kuno other than stealth:

1.) The fact that your standing in  a safe zone and you have no choice but to spam pots just to regen your HP, or wait 20 minutes for it to fill up.  A wizard can fully heal himself in 1 second without any pots. Why cant Ninja/Kuno have heals huh?

2.) The fact that Ninja/Kuno has a 1 second activation time for stealth, pets/mobs agro you still so any expert PVP'er can still aoe that area and hit you.  Not to mention the lag and the knockbacks from a wizard/witch.  Why cant stealth be instant and have superarmor when activating huh?

3.) The fact that Ninja/Kuno ultimate doesn't have superarmor, I saw a Berserker cancel my ultimate by grabbing me today.  While a Wizard has superarmor almost all the time.  Why cant this be an IFrame huh?

4.) The fact that a Wizard/Witch have 2 teleports that I wish I can trade with this stealth.  My T7 horse with instant accel and drift almost got chased down by a wizard on foot.  Why cant Ninja's/Kuno's move this fast huh?

5.) The fact that a wizard/witch can clear 200% faster than a Ninja/Kuno on equal gear/level same mobs.  Buffs when?

Posted

What I meant was Wizard and possibly Witch those 2 are so OP that comparing any other class to them is kinda pointless

Posted

The stealth abilitie of kunoichi/ninja are broken in the game.

The pets of Wizard/Witch/Tamer can see Kunoichi/Ninja through their Stealth abilitie even if the player was out of sight of the Wizard/Witch/Tamer.

https://i.gyazo.com/9148e0b9ac2464e66e80adc4b9fdba51.mp4

YEAH fix it . make them Damageable in any CC or AOE skill while they are in stealth mode  and let our PET not to see them. that would be nice  

Why would you not compare it to a Wizard. Wizard is the best class so of course ppl are going to use Wizard as the baseline for balance.  Not only that but Dark Knight, Witch, Berserker, Warrior, Sorcerer, Ranger all of these classes have extreme advantages over a Ninja/Kuno.  The fact that Wizard/Witches are so OP and are prevalent that we Ninja/Kuno need buffs.

Things broken about nInja/Kuno other than stealth:

1.) The fact that your standing in  a safe zone and you have no choice but to spam pots just to regen your HP, or wait 20 minutes for it to fill up.  A wizard can fully heal himself in 1 second without any pots. Why cant Ninja/Kuno have heals huh?

2.) The fact that Ninja/Kuno has a 1 second activation time for stealth, pets/mobs agro you still so any expert PVP'er can still aoe that area and hit you.  Not to mention the lag and the knockbacks from a wizard/witch.  Why cant stealth be instant and have superarmor when activating huh?

3.) The fact that Ninja/Kuno ultimate doesn't have superarmor, I saw a Berserker cancel my ultimate by grabbing me today.  While a Wizard has superarmor almost all the time.  Why cant this be an IFrame huh?

4.) The fact that a Wizard/Witch have 2 teleports that I wish I can trade with this stealth.  My T7 horse with instant accel and drift almost got chased down by a wizard on foot.  Why cant Ninja's/Kuno's move this fast huh?

5.) The fact that a wizard/witch can clear 200% faster than a Ninja/Kuno on equal gear/level same mobs.  Buffs when?

look dont compare wizard / witch to ninja/kuno or in any other class . yeah i said CLASS . wizard and witch are mage class which means = burst dmg but less DP . ninja/kuno are assasin class = average dmg but fast . dont compare 2 different classes 

Posted (edited)

kuno are assasin class = average dmg but fast . dont compare 2 different classes 

xDxDxD

wizard and witch are mage class which means = burst dmg but less DP . 

9_9-_- you mean less survivability??? because DP are the same for all the classes,if you have tri armor on kuno and tri armor on witch,the DP will be the same.

So less survivability?xD

Edited by Angryman

Posted

I'm afraid the point that only CC affects stealth and not damage is moot as well

With awakenings nearly every skill has both damage and CC both, for all classes. And surprise surprise, the top classes have decent, If not huge, aoes on nearly all their skills too.

The moment they gave classes damage, CC, self protection and AOE in a single skill, BDO PvP went bonkers.

Posted

Stealth fixed

8ab3.jpg

Posted

YEAH fix it . make them Damageable in any CC or AOE skill while they are in stealth mode  and let our PET not to see them. that would be nice  

look dont compare wizard / witch to ninja/kuno or in any other class . yeah i said CLASS . wizard and witch are mage class which means = burst dmg but less DP . ninja/kuno are assasin class = average dmg but fast . dont compare 2 different classes 

You obviously don't play Ninja/Kuno and don't have an idea what our stealth does.  Here's a few vids to compare.

What every non-Ninja/Kuno players think our stealth does.  (wish stealth in BDO was like this...)

What Ninja/Kuno's stealth really functions like.  (yes its just as useless as FFXIV's ninja stealth)

Posted

dont think so . try warrior dp vs wizard same dp . tanker vs mage dp . and you'll see .

You obviously don't play Ninja/Kuno and don't have an idea what our stealth does.  Here's a few vids to compare.

What every non-Ninja/Kuno players think our stealth does.  (wish stealth in BDO was like this...)

What Ninja/Kuno's stealth really functions like.  (yes its just as useless as FFXIV's ninja stealth)

if they make stealth like this . it would be gg . all class will reroll to kuno or ninja . 24/7 stealth .

Posted (edited)

Are we talking about warrior and wizard or kuno/ninja and wizard?

DP mean defense point,with the same gear all the classe have the same DEFENSE POINT,now if you want to talk about scaling you have to be more accurate.

And wiztard have more survivability than ninja or kunoichi,i don't care about DP scaling and whatever DP scaling with kuno/ninja is bad.(only evasion ninja is good,i play kuno if you play DP evasion kuno,lol you will hit like a -----ing noodle)

Give me teleport,heal and broken super armor that mitigate damage and remove stealth i will be happy like hell.

Edited by Angryman

Posted

Stealth? Useless? Even in 1v1s, it has uses. It's not great, but it's not exactly bad either. Only witch/wizard/tamer can absolutely cheese stealth. The other classes have to blow cooldowns to catch you. I can't comment on the gw2 video because I don't know what's going on exactly. I just see a dude killing another dude and getting out of harm's way with stealth. Maybe they're invulnerable in stealth? No idea.

Posted

In GW2, the thief (ninja/kuno equivalent) can go to stealth on multiple abilities, can move faster while in stealth, reduced damage taken while in stealth, regens HP while in stealth, loses conditions while in stealth.  And no pets and clones stop attacking you while in stealth.

That's what a balanced stealth class is supposed to be. 

BDO stealth should have a shorter recast time, longer duration, an instant cast with superarmor or better yet be an Iframe, improve the distance you teleport to when you use it, regens 100hp/20wp per 3 seconds or Improves effects of potions, removes conditions every 3 seconds, remove the movement speed penalty, and yes Mobs/pets everything should stop following you when you go in stealth even during combat.

Heart aiming should be changed from an attack to a ability triggered with any attack coming out of stealth.

Smokescreen should give +25% evasion and increase the duration to 14 seconds.

They can balance this out by quadrupling the required trait points to max this 3 out.

Posted

Stealth? Useless? Even in 1v1s, it has uses. It's not great, but it's not exactly bad either. Only witch/wizard/tamer can absolutely cheese stealth. The other classes have to blow cooldowns to catch you. I can't comment on the gw2 video because I don't know what's going on exactly. I just see a dude killing another dude and getting out of harm's way with stealth. Maybe they're invulnerable in stealth? No idea.

This entire thread is about that last line.  "Only witch/wizard/tamer can absolutely cheese stealth."

The original creator was only complaining about this, and the fact that the dumbass pets and mobs still follow us while in stealth.  I think everyone should be able to agree that the aforementioned mechanic is retarded. 

Posted

If stealth gets fixed so that pets don't follow, it just means I'll carry a few extra flares when I know kunos/ninja's are around since it breaks stealth. 

Sure it leaves me vulnerable, however, as a wizard..

First: Sage's Memory
Second: Protected Area
Third: Flare
Fourth: Water Sphere + Flow.

Because that too is a legit strategy to counter stealth, just a bit more of a challenge than following ones pet like the hunting dogs they are.

inb4 they start asking for flares to be removed from game for breaking stealth or a change to them so it doesn't break stealth.
Sneaky bastards, the lot of them!

Posted (edited)

I don't see any issues in this video that needs any attention from Kakaos side...

Really the Skilldescription from the Skill "Ninjutsu: Concealment" is pretty clear to this.

Here is what the description says:

"Completely immune to attacks and invisible to enemies for 15 sec.
Except for debuffs, any kind of attack cannot break the Concealment.
Monsters will attack you if they detected you before using Concealment.
Concealment will break if you do anything other than moving.
When casting the spell, the character quickly moves to the direction it was facing in concealment. "

I highlighted the part that is important here. The Tamers pet as well as Witch/Wizzards pets are considered as a Monster. The OP Video shows a Ninja/Kuno in the arena, likely got hit by the witch before recording. (taking into account that he already lost a certain amount of hp).

So of course the pet will attack a player that goes into stealth after he already was attacked.

If you show a proof of a situation where the player goes into stealth without being seen or hit before he used the skill and the pet then runs straight towards you and hits you, then i would agree with you that there need to be a fix for it.

I have read this description multiple times.  I'm sure we all have.  We are simply stating that the mechanic is retarded and that it should be changed.

If stealth gets fixed so that pets don't follow, it just means I'll carry a few extra flares when I know kunos/ninja's are around since it breaks stealth. 

Because that too is a legit strategy to counter stealth, just a bit more of a challenge than following ones pet like the hunting dogs they are.

inb4 they start asking for flares to be removed from game for breaking stealth or a change to them so it doesn't break stealth.

I'm down with that. I don't mind flare, just the stupid mechanic where the pets practically make stealth a debuff for the entire duration of the fight.  At least when one has to use flares, it requires a little skill and hotbar allocation + gives the ninja/kuno some - even if it's miniscule - time to play with in stealth

Edited by ChubbyChildren

Posted

i want a flare to prevent wizard using fire spell

Posted

I didn't even know Flares could break stealth. I'd be okay with this if skills couldn't break stealth, but I'm not okay with that in the current meta.

1 person likes this

Posted

As well if you crouch or lay down a tamer pet will detect you just passing by.......probably same with wiz/witch pets.