• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PSA awakened block super armor

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Super armor while blocking in awakened form is currently in discussion on KR forums atm dont be surprise if you see another warrior nerf 

Posted

Removing cc immunity from a block is retarded, and just because they are talking about it doesn't mean the dev's are going to suddenly change a basic warrior mechanic, because making the block redundant isn't a nerf, it's puting us in tamer tier, we barely have super armour on our skills, the block is what gives us breathing room to compensate for that

Posted

we barely have super armour on our skills

LoLed

Posted

sorry to burst your bubble mr.sorc , but having super armor on 3 skills (two of which is not even during the full animation and the third only during the charge and not the attack animation) is not all our skills nor is it all the time.

i mean you  SHOULD know this, since your class does get to iframe non stop for damn close to a minute if they want to.

Posted

Remove 360° cc immunity on block and give us i-frames on all dashes, problem solved and everyone's happy

Posted

heh. i actually like this. Maybe finally noobs will gtfo of my class and end this bandwagon era of warriors.

over 90% of the warriors have no idea how to make full use of their class nowadays and instead spam chase when there are more effective ways of mobility. (ahemm S&S ahemm)

Posted

Problem with warrior at the moment is that we heavily rely on block due to long cooldowns. Block is more and more useless in node wars, when facing people with 220AP.

We are blocking not beause we want but we are forced to to, that we have 360cc immunty. We dont have proper fillers, just 2 main skills. I was talking with many warriors about this thing and most of them agree.

Im frontliner, with 320DP . One sorc ball or two good sorcs spinning around and all we can do is run to backline, charge block stamina back and try again to engage. Warrior is in weird state now imo. Devs know why we have 360cc immunity and reason is above. I`d love to see shorter cooldowns on our 2 main skills . Lets say 6-7s instead of 9-10 to gives a bit more dynamic gameplay without being forced to block.  

I partially rerolled to wizard and i must say that everyone who is still living in past and blaming warriors for being op is pathetic. Wizard have 4-5 skills which can be spammed all day, with superarmor and disgusting damage..that class is broken. Insane grinding speed, a lot of utilities, lot of SA and block and unbelievable strong 100%. I was able to beat lvl60 zerker with my wiz lvl57 and 190ap with +14 kzarka. That class is joke.

Posted (edited)

Problem with warrior at the moment is that we heavily rely on block due to long cooldowns. Block is more and more useless in node wars, when facing people with 220AP.

We are blocking not beause we want but we are forced to to, that we have 360cc immunty. We dont have proper fillers, just 2 main skills. I was talking with many warriors about this thing and most of them agree.

Im frontliner, with 320DP . One sorc ball or two good sorcs spinning around and all we can do is run to backline, charge block stamina back and try again to engage. Warrior is in weird state now imo. Devs know why we have 360cc immunity and reason is above. I`d love to see shorter cooldowns on our 2 main skills . Lets say 6-7s instead of 9-10 to gives a bit more dynamic gameplay without being forced to block.  

I partially rerolled to wizard and i must say that everyone who is still living in past and blaming warriors for being op is pathetic. Wizard have 4-5 skills which can be spammed all day, with superarmor and disgusting damage..that class is broken. Insane grinding speed, a lot of utilities, lot of SA and block and unbelievable strong 100%. I was able to beat lvl60 zerker with my wiz lvl57 and 190ap with +14 kzarka. That class is joke.

the sign of a low skill cap class. It's like pre awakening Ranger all over again.

----- u daum for ruining this -----ing class.

I want complicated mechanics that takes shitton of effort, research, experimentation, and skill to pull off so we can mend those "gaps" u mentioned, but the -----ing GS mechanics are complete shit compared to all the secret hidden mechanics warrior had back in pre awakening.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted (edited)

heh. i actually like this. Maybe finally noobs will gtfo of my class and end this bandwagon era of warriors.

over 90% of the warriors have no idea how to make full use of their class nowadays and instead spam chase when there are more effective ways of mobility. (ahemm S&S ahemm)

Nno one care about SS anymore. No one care about your casual gear. You cant compete because you have bad gear. This is not game for you, as many people told you already. I know what you are trying to say but this game will never be like that. Its all about gear>skill>class.

Edited by Chors

Posted (edited)

Nno one care about SS anymore. No one care about your casual gear. You cant compete because you have bad gear. This is not game for you, as many people told you already.

lmao u do realize i play on kr now right?

say it to those kids. CUz i know more people who actually care less about their gear than people here cuz u guys just grind mindlessly wihtout knowing what getting gud means.

anyways: gitgud>

oh and PS: we have much more meaningful discussions there about balance than we do here. If u think GS is not the crux of the issue with warrior here then we can end this convo here and now.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

If you afk stand in arena whole day to have potless fights with people with same mindset...okay. Pre awak warrior was cool wit +15 cap. But not anymore. 

I`d love to see you in nodewars canceling spinning slash when there is 20ppl around you and possible CC coming from every side. If you dont kill, you`ll be killed.

I agree, there are some ppl who care about equalized arena but..this is impossible in BDO to be honest because each class is broken in own way. 

If you want to enjoy the game, you have to accept how it is. Its korean grindy mmo where gear gives you advantage once you pass certain point.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you afk stand in arena whole day to have potless fights with people with same mindset...okay. Pre awak warrior was cool wit +15 cap. But not anymore. 

I`d love to see you in nodewars canceling spinning slash when there is 20ppl around you and possible CC coming from every side. If you dont kill, you`ll be killed.

I agree, there are some ppl who care about equalized arena but..this is impossible in BDO to be honest because each class is broken in own way. 

If you want to enjoy the game, you have to accept how it is. Its korean grindy mmo where gear gives you advantage once you pass certain point.

do u enjoy playing gs? do u honestly think GS is actually more "fun" than SS was. Just answer that for me and you'll understand where i'm coming from.

there used to be fame, glory, and respect for playing warrior. Now, no one gives a shit and we're treated like shit. 

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

I said im partially rolling to wiz so you know my answer. Partially, i enjoy warrior but i dont like our state atm. Not sure if there is any other class which rely on 2 skills with 10s cooldown and then its forced to run or block. And block is just small addon now, not proper utility.

Posted

I said im partially rolling to wiz so you know my answer. Partially, i enjoy warrior but i dont like our state atm. Not sure if there is any other class which rely on 2 skills with 10s cooldown and then its forced to run or block. And block is just small addon now, not proper utility.

exactly.

Ive been playing more and more ninja lately. it brings me back to the old pre awakening days, but nothing beats that deep thrust shield charge grapple groundsmash chopping kick SS SS chopping kick SS SS combo. Those were the good days.

Posted

exactly.
Ive been playing more and more ninja lately. it brings me back to the old pre awakening days, but nothing beats that deep thrust shield charge grapple groundsmash chopping kick SS SS chopping kick SS SS combo. Those were the good days.

You still, still, continue to bring these silly "points" or "arguments" whenever you post that you "know what you are doing" or that you "are just better than everyone else" yet at every turn you do not show any degree of actual insight into the class itself on top of not being able to adapt to any changes but you would rather complain and make excuses or try to make people adhere to your qualifications of "PvP" in your potless arena 1v1s and trying to "match" gear because you're too lazy to improve yours even though you're playing an MMORPG, not a MOBA or FPS.

Right now yeah Warrior can be a bit bland due to having very little filler aside from our main damage skills, honestly it wasn't all that different with sword and shield. What did we really use for our damage? SS? Thats it. Oh, maybe Scars but...not really. The combo was long, drawn out and not rewarding in the slightest. You would understand this if you had even remotely bothered to go outside of your little arena and participate in the PvP you run into far, far more often than arena 1v1s. 

Also every class gets the shit end of the stick with being a target for "-----ing" at one point or another. Warrior isn't necessarily special in that regard, but people do point it out more with their complaints since it was first to get its awakening and as such irritated a lot of people prior to them ever getting their awakening. It created a bit of a stigma.

Many people still enjoy Warrior and while it can be a little bland compared to the complexity of other classes and as such it kind of creates confusion in people who don't actually know what the class can do. People assume we have these obscene amounts of Super Armor when we don't, they assume our block is unbreakable when it isn't, they assume they can't counterplay when it is ultimately them being salty and not accepting the slightest inkling that, oh my, they may not be as good as they thought.

Also in my eyes, based on the severe lack of dumb I've seen in the Warrior forums since we got our Awakening, I'd say the class is in a pretty good spot. Though to be fair...most of that dumb left with you. I preferred when you didn't post. This forum actually had some intelligent discussion when you were gone. Go away again.

1 person likes this

Posted

i'd be happy to gimp my gear and pvp him GS vs s/s and see how ''good'' he thinks he is.

Posted (edited)

the sign of a low skill cap class. It's like pre awakening Ranger all over again.

----- u daum for ruining this -----ing class.

I want complicated mechanics that takes shitton of effort, research, experimentation, and skill to pull off so we can mend those "gaps" u mentioned, but the -----ing GS mechanics are complete shit compared to all the secret hidden mechanics warrior had back in pre awakening.

I want complicated mechanics that takes shitton of effort, research, experimentation, and skill to pull off so we can mend those "gaps" u mentioned

Play valkyrie, its like playing Hardcore mode :P

and you need to do all of the above you mentioned to deal like 50% HP with 240AP

Edited by PawSkillZ

Posted (edited)

I want complicated mechanics that takes shitton of effort, research, experimentation, and skill to pull off so we can mend those "gaps" u mentioned

Play valkyrie, its like playing Hardcore mode :P

and you need to do all of the above you mentioned to deal like 50% HP with 240AP

i do play valk. except ninja is much more rewarding.

LOL and look at all these salty comments above coming from a -----ing weeaboo. When they can't admit their class is easy now they try bringing in personal insults hahahaha. Ya'll grind cuz u can't actually play a skill based game. Did you little boys get rekt in starcraft and then come here to pretend you're good at games or something?

I'll share my discord if anyone wants to Dota, starcraft, or play some Quake where things are actually 100% skill based and we'll see how any of these Warrior bandwagoning gear hards do.

PvP" in your potless arena 1v1s and trying to "match" gear because you're too lazy to improve yours even though you're playing an MMORPG, not a MOBA or FPS.

it's cuz i have a life btw.

No one outside of bdo will care about how well you grind or how good your gear is. If you're serious about gaming and want BDO to become serious then you'd not even equate gear with effort.

BDO is a game, not a -----ing job. get over it.

But if you insist that BDO is just an MMORPG. then you should probably throw skill out of any conversation ever again. So the next time you beat someone in your mind it should just be: "yep my gear won that match". 

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

i do play valk. except ninja is much more rewarding.

LOL and look at all these salty comments above coming from a -----ing weeaboo. When they can't admit their class is easy now they try bringing in personal insults hahahaha. Ya'll grind cuz u can't actually play a skill based game. Did you little boys get rekt in starcraft and then come here to pretend you're good at games or something?

I'll share my discord if anyone wants to Dota, starcraft, or play some Quake where things are actually 100% skill based and we'll see how any of these Warrior bandwagoning gear hards do.

it's cuz i have a life btw.
No one outside of bdo will care about how well you grind or how good your gear is. If you're serious about gaming and want BDO to become serious then you'd not even equate gear with effort.

BDO is a game, not a -----ing job. get over it.

But if you insist that BDO is just an MMORPG. then you should probably throw skill out of any conversation ever again. So the next time you beat someone in your mind it should just be: "yep my gear won that match". 

Become serious what? Esports? Is that where you, specifically, wish for the game to go? In an MMORPG gear is always a factor and yes this game is "just an MMORPG" not anything more than it was designed as. Not what you see it as but just what it is.

Also I never said you needed to no life, I never said or implied or even remotely care if my gear on BDO does or does not matter outside of the game itself. We are talking about a game here, a fact you consistently bring up while trying to make whatever silly point you concoct in your brain at the time. 

MMMORPGs also don't seem to be your thing based on your list of games you presented. Which is entirely fine, no one can fault you for liking the genre of games you prefer. I don't. But what I will do is call you out for being the partronizing delusional individual that you constantly present yourself as on these forums.

We get it. You don't like gear in video games that even remotely give stat values. Clearly you need to move on and find another game and play the ones you already play. MMORPGs gauge skill and competitiveness differently than the games you like.

Get. Over. It.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I hear Chess is a great game for test of skill, no gear, no internet connection needed, just people pitting their wits against each other in a game of conquest and strategy.

Also hop scotch, can't forget about hop scotch. 

Edited by Sensei

Posted

I want complicated mechanics that takes shitton of effort, research, experimentation, and skill to pull off

Spinning Slash -> Chopping Kick -> Spinning Slash -> Chopping Kick -> Spinning Slash -> ... ? 

Warrior was never hard to play. Sure the play style of pre-awakening was a lot more fun and gratifying to play with but outside of 1v1 the kit sucked.

Just try to SS cancel, ground smash, counter (rip with cc nerf but point remains) now. Even if it did deal decent damage, which we all know it doesn't, have fun getting CCd and 1 shot by the other classes.

Posted (edited)

Spinning Slash -> Chopping Kick -> Spinning Slash -> Chopping Kick -> Spinning Slash -> ... ? 

Warrior was never hard to play. Sure the play style of pre-awakening was a lot more fun and gratifying to play with but outside of 1v1 the kit sucked.

Just try to SS cancel, ground smash, counter (rip with cc nerf but point remains) now. Even if it did deal decent damage, which we all know it doesn't, have fun getting CCd and 1 shot by the other classes.

i still laugh at people thinking the kr players using s/s for damage are doing anything other than basically taunting the guy (hey look i can kill you using the shit kit)

because i still see no proof or justification of s/s doing meaningful damage in pvp. regardless of risk it may or may not pose.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

i still laugh at people thinking the kr players using s/s for damage are doing anything other than basically taunting the guy (hey look i can kill you using the shit kit)

because i still see no proof or justification of s/s doing meaningful damage in pvp. regardless of risk it may or may not pose.

190 AP sword/board full accuracy (vang, 2 rce) SS barely touches 250 DP with back attack while they're stood still (sorc). Worthless kit now that gear is past +15.

Posted

190 AP sword/board full accuracy (vang, 2 rce) SS barely touches 250 DP with back attack while they're stood still (sorc). Worthless kit now that gear is past +15.

i know , thats why i laugh at people who watch kr warriors doing some s/s damage skills thinking its the new meta that does damage but requires massive skill.

the kr people doing that are literally just showing disrespect to people taunting them.

2 people like this

Posted

i know , thats why i laugh at people who watch kr warriors doing some s/s damage skills thinking its the new meta that does damage but requires massive skill.

the kr people doing that are literally just showing disrespect to people taunting them.

If any of them are spamming it, sure, however if you see a KR warrior hit someone with 100% ss then thats actually a legitimate work in to a combo, at least in 1v1s.

2 people like this