• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

the PS4 & Xbox one version is coming!! (Taipei Game Show, interview with PA)

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://gnn.gamer.com.tw/3/142833.html

class second awakening will base on non-awakening weapon

further development on life skills

public transport such as airship MAY arrive whithin this year

6J0tdqY.jpg

YzyFRLW.jpg3eqSGzi.jpg

LIcQ2WT.jpg

lWo8197.jpg

LwaxFWJ.jpg

Edited by Zensus
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

they should really optimize the game before they do that. 

they said the are working on Mobil (not the same as pc) Black Desert and Ps4 and Xbox One version (same as pc) But ps4 and xbox one may or may not share the same servers as pc version

Edited by Ten

Posted

second awakening like Transcendance in Ragnarok onlines HELL YAS im rdy bringg itttt meomeowmeowmeowmeowmeomweomwomeowmeowme

1 person likes this

Posted

What does "class second awakening will base on non-awakening weapon" mean? A second awakening weapon? Base weapon will have an awakening version?

Posted

What does "class second awakening will base on non-awakening weapon" mean? A second awakening weapon? Base weapon will have an awakening version?

Yup its based on our main hand weapon it seems

Posted

ps4 will be able to handle bdo?

Posted

I've seen better cosplay before. Only tamer was OK.

Second awakening. oh dear.

Posted

I've seen better cosplay before. Only tamer was OK.

Second awakening. oh dear.

RNG will be awakened, and this game on consoles? Imagine all that salt (unless they are planning massive changes for those versions).

enhanced-5194-1433453217-2.jpg

Posted

They really really need to mix both console and pc users on the same servers...it made such a great experience on FFXIV to be able to play with friends who have consoles and likewise swap over to console when I'm feeling lazy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well uh... I guess it was more likely than "never gonna happen" after all.  In fact it's exactly what I mentioned as an idea, lmao:

Something the BDO devs worked on actually had a concept similar to "awakenings", but it was different.  Once you reached level 20 in C9, you'd pick a "class upgrade".

In this sense, it was "tree" progression.  You'd branch off into different playstyles.  I think BDO could benefit from this, and they wouldn't have to keep tossing more-and-more classes at us to switch up playstyles.  Essentially, having multiple awakening weapons but only being able to skill into one.  So a Warrior could upgrade from a Warrior to:

Mercenary (Greatsword), Soldier (More Sword + Shield Skills), Duelist (Rapier).

They would obviously have to make these "branches" specialize in different things, but I think it would allow more wiggle room so that people wouldn't feel like they're suddenly locked into a particular playstyle.  Regardless there should always be an "upgraded" form of the same original playstyle, so that people who want to play how the class plays without awakening can continue to do so while also gaining the power boost of using an awakening weapon.

Never gonna happen, I know.  But it's really the best solution I can think of that wouldn't invalidate their work and still fits within the current "awakening" system.

Posted

They really really need to mix both console and pc users on the same servers...it made such a great experience on FFXIV to be able to play with friends who have consoles and likewise swap over to console when I'm feeling lazy.

i hear ya, but I have a feeling this wouldnt work for a lot of reasons. Technical, pricing, content and licensing.

I'm sure PA can publish the console versions without Kakao, GameNet, GameON, etc in any region they want. Speculation of course..

But I agree, it would be great for a variety of reasons. Game population would benefit from shared numbers.

Posted

ps4 will be able to handle bdo?

on low-med settings and very low draw distance, yes

2 people like this

Posted

A Tamer that can shotgun CONFIRMED!

So... we are all now Super Novices? Uwaaaa, SO EXCITED~

Posted

I hope they release how much more extra work they are bring onto themselves by doing this.  another problem they are going to run into is code for those systems.  they are going to need to make the game 40-50 gigs due to the way those systems are built with no decompression method.  not to mention the doubling of servers they would need in total along with extra localization they will.  all the things they do now, wont fly with ps4/xb1...

Posted (edited)

Completly a waste of time. and BDO are completly inplayable with a gamepad.

Console is dead Anyway  PC masterace.

Edited by Catastigma
2 people like this

Posted

This game is never going to be released on console.

Posted

No consol will be able to run this game 

i have a $5000 pc that struggles to play this game at an acceptible frame rate somtimes 

and if its going to work anything like trio s cross platform mmo, then say goodbye to speedy patches and updates (add months to release schedules) and there will be alot of features missed due to being dumbed down for console

1 person likes this

Posted

No consol will be able to run this game 

i have a $5000 pc that struggles to play this game at an acceptible frame rate somtimes 

and if its going to work anything like trio s cross platform mmo, then say goodbye to speedy patches and updates (add months to release schedules) and there will be alot of features missed due to being dumbed down for console

As much as I usually avoid shooting down dev ideas and trying to see the bright side of things, I'm actually very worried about this too.  There's a reason a lot of cross-platform games have started dropping cross-platform support and it isn't just because they felt like it—it holds things up and makes things harder to update because every time you have to consider "How will this work on consoles?  Will consoles be able to handle this?".

Posted (edited)

The console is hardly news, heard about it before launch.

Its just not going to happen without a whole lot of optimization and even then I have my doubts, plus this aint the PS2 generation ...I dont think they are in a stage were they can spend the next year working on the console version without updates unless they want to have most of the players walking out, one of the things that really hurts retention is how crappy the gearing system along with mobs that makes players get stuck when moving into Mediah and then get another, heavier, dose of that.

Dont expect the consolites to stick around with THIS system.

Edited by DRKN

Posted

they were partnering up with some company to work on the engine. Im guessing this is what they are working on.

Posted

I'm not getting my hopes up like I did when this game was launched.

If it sucks and just another attempt to grab some cash, I called it. If it doesn't, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Posted

they should really optimize the game before they do that. 

they said the are working on Mobil (not the same as pc) Black Desert and Ps4 and Xbox One version (same as pc) But ps4 and xbox one may or may not share the same servers as pc version

You have to understand that the team who takes care of optimisation isnt the same as the one that makes new content. you don't slow down one team while the other one is working .

Posted

Completly a waste of time. and BDO are completly inplayable with a gamepad.

Console is dead Anyway  PC masterace.

clearly you never tried this with a game pad otherwise you wouldn't be spouting such utter crud. The pad support is actually very impressive in this game and you can quite easily do 90% of the tasks with it.

Posted

i would assume it would be like a rework of the mainhand tree. or revamped versions of their skills and/or new ones.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game doesn't even run stable on an i7 7700k and yet they want to hire something to optimize the Engine for console? 

KR Logic.