• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How do Valkyries follow up Wave of Light in large-scale PvP?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

As the title states how do Valkyries generally follow up Wave of Light during Node Wars and large-scale PvP? And does having the Awakened buff up change how you follow up due to the increased Casting Speed? 

Posted

Completly useless no work half of time cause desync.

Posted

Completly useless no work half of time cause desync.

Is that because of desync or does it just get resisted due to how easy it is to gem Knockdown/Bound Resistance? Lets say it does work. What would you follow it up with to maximize damage?

Posted

kick in the nuts

Posted

I'd follow with the charge into blitz stab cuz tht teleport jump is always 100% during NW n cast time is too long. Charge into blitz sets up nicely to punish kd peeps. Alls well as long as u don't die during the charge.

Posted

Can do F > Space > Shift + RMB or Charging W+F > Space > RMB > Space > Shift + RMB
Blitz stab is shit in large scale because no super armor or any sort of guard, its a half decent poke and works well for peeling your witches from a distance because the knockback. 
If youre in small scale pvp your ult will take you out of the game for a too long to be really worth it against attentive players so you need to time it right so the charge > Terra sanctum tends to be safer and more effective.

Posted

Wave of light>Wave Goodbye>Get one shot and/or chain grappled by zerker>character selection menu>reroll

I'd say it's a pretty consistent combo that works 100% of the time. 

3 people like this

Posted

Is that because of desync or does it just get resisted due to how easy it is to gem Knockdown/Bound Resistance? Lets say it does work. What would you follow it up with to maximize damage?

i have 50% knockdown ignore résistance x)

The skill are like the Sorc ultimate.. want ppl know how to dodge it. the skill become completly useless..

Posted

As the title states how do Valkyries generally follow up Wave of Light during Node Wars and large-scale PvP? And does having the Awakened buff up change how you follow up due to the increased Casting Speed? 

I usually never follow up directly (unless I'm alone or unless I already know I will one-hit), I just cast it, then my party mates DPS proceed to clear things (if it connects). After successfull casting, I usually DLC elsewhere to pull in another CC or heal or just peel someone off one of my mates. The thrill of grouping a bunch of chars ready for a couple of black holes is .... well it's just thrilling. Sure I don't get any credit for the kills, but as long as it works, I'm okay.

If I'm alone I have several options, my fav is using a gap closer or teleporting above 'em (if I'm not in 100% rage), if I have 200% rage it's pretty easy, 200% Ultimate Blitz Stab, then back to the front. Sometimes I also go into creative mode pulling out a Celestial Spear+SoJ cancel to get right in the pack and explode Terrae Sancta, but it's mostly situational.

Posted

Capture.thumb.PNG.724ee9c6598cfe124823bf

And this, It's because of desync too ? xD

Posted

I ult on top of it, and then die....

Posted

Capture.thumb.PNG.724ee9c6598cfe124823bf

And this, It's because of desync too ? xD

WTF

Posted (edited)

Usually use wave of light on zerker ults to pull people in. Or if my ult is up I'll cast blessing for me and the zerkers and pop F I find in node wars and rbf my CS+F doesn't work half the time so I just do F, then shield chase out. the thing with F is the end animation is so slow.

Edited by Gotcha

Posted

IF you're actually using voice coms with a group of people immediately after using wave of light is the call for the sorcs to ult, zerkers to charge etc... this is the window during which you can cast the 100% to fall down on them while they're being engaged by cc from zerker and sorc ultimates and all the various other melee classes. 

1 person likes this