• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kakao, can we please talk about Ranger

121 posts in this topic

Posted

Double extraction gems have personally worked really well for me. Bow skills generally do have more of an affinity for extraction gems since they tend to do more hits overall. Also, something I noticed is that if you have a high amount of damage and are nuking through mobs (which is great!) you're going to have a lot more trouble managing mana. I think this is cause you may not necessarily be landing all of your hits on a cluster of mobs since some of them are dying. This may also be exacerbated due to the fact that extraction gems restore mana on hit and when you kill them too fast a lot of the hits aren't going anywhere. Personally for me, since i'm not too well geared and only started playing again a little over a month ago, using 2x Extraction gems and shotgun actually restores my mana since nothing actually dies from one shotgun and I am able to get all my hits in.

I think your damage is too high or the mobs are too weak for you to actually get any benefit out of your extraction gems. You might actually have a smoother experience grinding by dropping your AP a bit and getting the full benefit of your extraction gems.

TL;DR Rangers have high dmg and high mana cost. Mana regen comes from actual hits instead of ezpz regen skills like some classes. You currently aren't getting hits in cause you're killing them too fast.

Just my 2 cents. I haven't played in a while so there may be changes and things I don't understand yet so feel free to correct me.

2 people like this

Posted

Double extraction gems have personally worked really well for me. Bow skills generally do have more of an affinity for extraction gems since they tend to do more hits overall. Also, something I noticed is that if you have a high amount of damage and are nuking through mobs (which is great!) you're going to have a lot more trouble managing mana. I think this is cause you may not necessarily be landing all of your hits on a cluster of mobs since some of them are dying. This may also be exacerbated due to the fact that extraction gems restore mana on hit and when you kill them too fast a lot of the hits aren't going anywhere. Personally for me, since i'm not too well geared and only started playing again a little over a month ago, using 2x Extraction gems and shotgun actually restores my mana since nothing actually dies from one shotgun and I am able to get all my hits in.

I think your damage is too high or the mobs are too weak for you to actually get any benefit out of your extraction gems. You might actually have a smoother experience grinding by dropping your AP a bit and getting the full benefit of your extraction gems.

TL;DR Rangers have high dmg and high mana cost. Mana regen comes from actual hits instead of ezpz regen skills like some classes. You currently aren't getting hits in cause you're killing them too fast.

Just my 2 cents. I haven't played in a while so there may be changes and things I don't understand yet so feel free to correct me.

Thats a nice theorie didnt thought about that one thanks, but i think dropping my ap will result in a much slower killspeed.

Posted (edited)

100% agree 

i could kind of agree with our mana usage with non awakened state before we were nerfed hard, we traded dps burst for massive mana usage and pot use 

however, now that is gone, in a pve environment, we are no more more bursty or spammable than literally every other class 

Edited by Claydough

Posted

second set of weapons :D

Posted

100% agree 

i could kind of agree with our mana usage with non awakened state before we were nerfed hard, we traded dps burst for massive mana usage and pot use 

however, now that is gone, in a pve environment, we are no more more bursty or spammable than literally every other class 

well we talked the whole time about mana usage but do u also have that problem with the offhand?

Posted

git gud and l2p ranger as wizard witch is no faster at grinding same ap if you know how to play your class.

Posted

Ranger since release 221 ap  1 shoting every gahaz group with blade of waltz into space shotgun. Im not going to earn 0.2 % an hour thanks.

But i can share your secret with me.

Why should they remove the grab when its the servers problem and not ranger? And btw i see that u have no freaking clue when u still think shotgun is the best skill do u still live in pre mediah?

You just mentioned ur pve combo, right there, then try to play it off like you don't spam it lul ... sounds like you're just bad and forgot to reroll at some point.

sounds more and more like a classic case to me, but hey if you like smashing that spacebar 

Posted

So i just wanted to know how -----ed up balance can be.

Iam grinding atm to lvl 60 at gahaz and i need around 400! Extra Large MP Potions to survive for about 45min to 1 hour and then i have no potions and my durability on my OFFHAND is at 0. Meanwhile lets take Wizard who dont even need 1 Potion ( thats kinda ok since hes... well a wizard ) but! Can grind up to 3 Hours and still has durability on his weapons? Same goes for Giant 0 Potions and grind up to 2 hours. Im kinda tired to run every 45 Minutes back to town spend 100k on repair and about 500k silver only for Potions...

PS: Give us finally gotha rensa...

PPS: Full gear is branded and i use 2 extraction gems.

And now u guys gonna tell me how op ranger ist right? @irrelevant 

@GM_Dew @CM_Aethon

Whew good thing this guy didn't talk about PvP. For the most part, yeah it sounds about right that's understandable. Wizard and Giant doesn't need pots to grind. I bet PA is thinking, ranger is insane in PVP so they must be tedious in PvE to balance it out which is flat-out bad balancing principles.

It's literally a coin toss between ANET and PA at this point (They are both bad)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The durability decrease of offhands and awakening weapons, is a legit problem(not only for ranger). Sometimes certain skills eats much more durability than intended and PA&Kakao are way to slow patching and rebalancing that stuff. Witch/wiz mana drain had a massive durability bug for over 4 months, for example. Tamer awakening also -----d offhand durability bug for a very long time. Than there's skills not necessarily bugged, but being a little bit on the high end when it comes to dura usage.

I dont play my ranger much so dunno personally, but if it's true they cant grind longer than 45-60 minutes atm, that's kinda game breaking. Something is likely broken and needs fixing. Having to leave your spot that frequently, creates all sorts of problems, not to mention how it affects xp/silver gain. Also prevents you from grinding the desert freely, since you'll end up with almost as much travelling time as actual grind time.

But I dont get the issue with potion usage or cost. Feels a bit irrelevant, unless you just got the game and have 0 weight limit and a donkey mount lol. Even the poorest person can afford infinite amounts of potions, especially if lvl 60 and speed clearing Gahaz. Grind speed is what matters and ranger is still a top tier class in that department.

Edited by Solsi
edit

Posted

Try use walz mp regain add-on. You will use significantly less mp pots

Posted

ranger are top class of the game and perma crying... blader has the same offhand problem but we don't have ranger effixiency in pvp... and we're not complaining all day along... just be happy your class is really strong right now amd accept at leat 1 thing witch you're not the best...

Posted

fix desync, or riot. 

Posted (edited)

aren't you that guy who denied wizard is a blatantly broken class?

Are you stupid? Check what i said in that topic and why you clicked like on my post back then... Your memory is really bad...

i know that blasting gust restore a lot of mana but in the same time i want to be efficent and with bg its hard. But i will try this out.

1. God tier in 1vs1? Nice joke

15m per hour at gahaz? Show me and dont count scrolls into s/h. And i dont want anything for " free " stop muting words in my mouth i never said.

Why i shouldnt count scrolls into money per hour? Thats retarded... Scrolls is money in same way as everything else that drops... I got around 22m+ in trash, 164 stones, 17 scrolls and three black crystals in 5 hours yesterday night... I can show you screens if you really want...

If you dont want anything for free then you already got deal from me... Removing grab, nerfing dmg in pvp and you can have skills costs 0 mana, do we have deal or not?

What does that have to do with anything.

Oh I see... the poor thing.It's not your fault, you're just delusional!

Youj are one who is using wiz as example, not me... There are other classes who need to  buy pots too and arent as strong in 1vs1 or mass pvp as you and not cry on forum about pots that cost nothing to buy...

You are pathethic, we all knew that ranger awak will be op since march, i first heard that ranger pre awak is best overall class (considering both 1vs1,mass pvp and pve) in summer 2015 just before RU server started and you still denying it... Where are your arguments that ranger isnt top class that is easy to play and master?

Edited by Dorsai

Posted (edited)

Are you stupid? Check what i said in that topic and why you clicked like on my post back then... Your memory is really bad...

Why i shouldnt count scrolls into money per hour? Thats retarded... Scrolls is money in same way as everything else that drops... I got around 22m+ in trash, 164 stones, 17 scrolls and three black crystals in 5 hours yesterday night... I can show you screens if you really want...

If you dont want anything for free then you already got deal from me... Removing grab, nerfing dmg in pvp and you can have skills costs 0 mana, do we have deal or not?

Youj are one who is using wiz as example, not me... There are other classes who need to  buy pots too and arent as strong in 1vs1 or mass pvp as you and not cry on forum about pots that cost nothing to buy...

You are pathethic, we all knew that ranger awak will be op since march, i first heard that ranger pre awak is best overall class (considering both 1vs1,mass pvp and pve) in summer 2015 just before RU server started and you still denying it... Where are your arguments that ranger isnt top class that is easy to play and master?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH Have you been playing the same game ?????? preawakened ranger good 1v1 you must be shit in pvp to think that a class that has 2 CCs and 1 iframe on a 14 second CD is somehow the best 1v1 class in the game ranger has been one of the worst 1v1 classes before awakening and even after awakening it was so bad it dident even get anywhere near the top of the tri tournament that was held a while back(this was post awakening) you make it sound as if ranger is a class for noobs that ez360 noscopes everyone if thats the case why were there NO rangers that made anywhere near the top of the tournament held. Also all of this shotgun -----ing talk shotgun has gotten a 60% dmg nerf since the game came out if its still an issue for you here is a tip maybe having 200dp is not part of the current meta vs 220+ ap opponents. Here is the one thing you have to understand you also said this " i first heard" thats right you "HEARD" so if I told you the world if flat would you taken it as proof? because it sounds like you would.

The one thing that is true that you have said is that ranger is good in mass PvP and I would go as far as to say "HAS" been seeing as I cant see the point of having rangers with witch and wizard awakening hell even before wiz/witch got their awkaening ranger was mainly try to fit a sudo assassin role filled better by classes like musa on mass scale.

Also stop complaining about ranger grab its just a grab with no extra % chance of landing unlike zerker/warrior grabs and it dose not have super armor making it useless in most mass scale pvp as you die 99% of the time if you are trying to grab someone for a combo unless its 1v1. Also fun fact the wizard grapple is BETTER than the ranger one as you have SUPER ARMOR while you are doing it so you are complaining about on of the WORST grapples in the game this shows you how shit you are at the game. You are one of  the most pathetic people i have ever seen.

Maybe you only played ONE class and have ZERO perspective on things and that would make the most sense here but most classes regardless of how good or bad they are in pvp like wizard, warrior and zerker need NO mana pots to grind at all in pve and please please tell me what class besides ranger needs pots to grind post awakening. The whole point of needing so many pots is that it locks a large portion of your LT into pots that you cant fill with loot aka more money meaning you have to go back and earn less. The thing is the speed at which ranger farms is middle of the pack so you cant even use "oh you are so fast " as an excuse.

Edited by Zeel
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

So i just wanted to know how -----ed up balance can be.

Iam grinding atm to lvl 60 at gahaz and i need around 400! Extra Large MP Potions to survive for about 45min to 1 hour and then i have no potions and my durability on my OFFHAND is at 0. Meanwhile lets take Wizard who dont even need 1 Potion ( thats kinda ok since hes... well a wizard ) but! Can grind up to 3 Hours and still has durability on his weapons? Same goes for Giant 0 Potions and grind up to 2 hours. Im kinda tired to run every 45 Minutes back to town spend 100k on repair and about 500k silver only for Potions...

PS: Give us finally gotha rensa...

PPS: Full gear is branded and i use 2 extraction gems.

And now u guys gonna tell me how op ranger ist right? @irrelevant 

@GM_Dew @CM_Aethon

You know how OP ranger is, you just play class in god tier and cry about other class from god tier. Typical archer player mentally, other clas have something better so must cry, even when play OP class.

This topic is so useless.

Edited by Hekki

Posted

Ranger since release 221 ap  1 shoting every gahaz group with blade of waltz into space shotgun. Im not going to earn 0.2 % an hour thanks.

But i can share your secret with me.

Why should they remove the grab when its the servers problem and not ranger? And btw i see that u have no freaking clue when u still think shotgun is the best skill do u still live in pre mediah?

The math isn't adding up man unless you exaggerated. 

Tell me your secret on how @ 221ap you use up 400 pots @ gahaz. It makes no sense BUT i am not saying we don't go through pots like a fat kid @ birthday party does cupcakes. Something doesnt add up. 

ranger are top class of the game and perma crying... blader has the same offhand problem but we don't have ranger effixiency in pvp... and we're not complaining all day along... just be happy your class is really strong right now amd accept at leat 1 thing witch you're not the best...

I must be the only Ranger that doesn't complain then. Yay me, I'm starting a club.

Posted

bad ranger

Posted

You just mentioned ur pve combo, right there, then try to play it off like you don't spam it lul ... sounds like you're just bad and forgot to reroll at some point.

sounds more and more like a classic case to me, but hey if you like smashing that spacebar 

u still dont get it thats kinda funny.

git gud and l2p ranger as wizard witch is no faster at grinding same ap if you know how to play your class.

what?

Try use walz mp regain add-on. You will use significantly less mp pots

will try this out thanks.

Posted

On my Sorc I can grind without pots easily. Pretty sure with awakening alot of classes can grind without pots. Afaik ranger uses a ton of pots which kinda sucks.

Posted

Also can people stop asking the OP to run with extraction crystals and mana addons none of the other classes do this or need to do it also have fun CCing someone without x2 black magic crystal - Precision. Oh and no addons for pvp so on top of having lower chances of CCing someone than the person you are meeting your will miss buffs/debuffs meaning you are even less effective at defending your spot. Must be nice having fixed into your mentality that you have to gimp yourself heavily just to use less mana pots when no one else would even consider this alright or even dose this.

Right what you say is relevant how? You make a long post about giving advice then make what you post useless by ending with that. If you bother farming at any of the popular spots you are going to run into people wanting to take it with this 100% pve setup have fun when you get into pvp situations.

I am NOT saying rangers cant prune down their mana pot consumption  but doing so is going to gimp yourself to no end when you are doing pvp or end up in a situation that requires you to actually pvp.

Posted (edited)

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH Have you been playing the same game ?????? preawakened ranger good 1v1 you must be shit in pvp to think that a class that has 2 CCs and 1 iframe on a 14 second CD is somehow the best 1v1 class in the game ranger has been one of the worst 1v1 classes before awakening and even after awakening it was so bad it dident even get anywhere near the top of the tri tournament that was held a while back(this was post awakening) you make it sound as if ranger is a class for noobs that ez360 noscopes everyone if thats the case why were there NO rangers that made anywhere near the top of the tournament held. Also all of this shotgun -----ing talk shotgun has gotten a 60% dmg nerf since the game came out if its still an issue for you here is a tip maybe having 200dp is not part of the current meta vs 220+ ap opponents. Here is the one thing you have to understand you also said this " i first heard" thats right you "HEARD" so if I told you the world if flat would you taken it as proof? because it sounds like you would.

The one thing that is true that you have said is that ranger is good in mass PvP and I would go as far as to say "HAS" been seeing as I cant see the point of having rangers with witch and wizard awakening hell even before wiz/witch got their awkaening ranger was mainly try to fit a sudo assassin role filled better by classes like musa on mass scale.

Also stop complaining about ranger grab its just a grab with no extra % chance of landing unlike zerker/warrior grabs and it dose not have super armor making it useless in most mass scale pvp as you die 99% of the time if you are trying to grab someone for a combo unless its 1v1. Also fun fact the wizard grapple is BETTER than the ranger one as you have SUPER ARMOR while you are doing it so you are complaining about on of the WORST grapples in the game this shows you how shit you are at the game. You are one of  the most pathetic people i have ever seen.

Maybe you only played ONE class and have ZERO perspective on things and that would make the most sense here but most classes regardless of how good or bad they are in pvp like wizard, warrior and zerker need NO mana pots to grind at all in pve and please please tell me what class besides ranger needs pots to grind post awakening. The whole point of needing so many pots is that it locks a large portion of your LT into pots that you cant fill with loot aka more money meaning you have to go back and earn less. The thing is the speed at which ranger farms is middle of the pack so you cant even use "oh you are so fast " as an excuse.

Are you retard or sth? Leard to read!! First i never said best 1vs1 class preawak, i said best overall class, second i said in SUMMER 2015 BEFORE RU SERVER STARTED!! That means before all nerfs ranger got on KR and before NA/EU was even created!! Third in first two, three months before all nerfs hit ranger (dont remember when exactly first nerf was) ranger was doing fine in both 1vs1 and mass pvp with his really great dmg and kiting and only reason ranger fall from being best overall class was ranger nerfs and witch/wiz buffs!! 

Also really learn to read it was 1,5 year ago and only few of us were able to play on KR back then!! Its obvious why i wrote sentence "i first heard" about that time!!

Are you really retarded? When i was talking about ranger grab in mass pvp? Read again what deal i offered before talking some sh1t i were never talking about... 90% of your post have nothing to do with stuff i was talking about, are you really stupid or sth?

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

Are you retard or sth? Leard to read!! First i never said best 1vs1 class preawak, i said best overall class, second i said in SUMMER 2015 BEFORE RU SERVER STARTED!! That means before all nerfs ranger got on KR and before NA/EU was even created!! Third in first two, three months before all nerfs hit ranger (dont remember when exactly first nerf was) ranger was doing fine in both 1vs1 and mass pvp with his really great dmg and kiting and only reason ranger fall from being best overall class was nerfs!! 

What relevance dose this even have to do with how things are atm? and how rangers are doing atm? You are using this as the basis of how rangers shouldent have shit atm because at one point mind you this is something that rangers in EU/NA have NEVER been able to enjoy as other regions were nerfed and somehow even without awakenings rangers on NA/EU were nerfed right along their much stronger counterparts. The one retarded person here is YOU in EU/NA rangers have never been the overall "best" class rangers used to be best grinders and used to be along with witch/wizard best sige classes up until awakenings were being added and even then they were chugging mana pots like a heroin addict unless ofc you were gimping yourself for pvp ;)

You sound like one of those SJW´s on the internet talking about shit that happened hundreds of years ago but how everyone is just as guilty and shit today even though it has no current day relevance seeing in this case the people who did the crimes are dead or in the case of that game its not how the game functions anymore.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What relevance dose this even have to do with how things are atm? and how rangers are doing atm? You are using this as the basis of how rangers shouldent have shit atm because at one point mind you this is something that rangers in EU/NA have NEVER been able to enjoy as other regions were nerfed and somehow even without awakenings rangers on NA/EU were nerfed right along their much stronger counterparts. The one retarded person here is YOU in EU/NA rangers have never been the overall "best" class rangers used to be best grinders and used to be along with witch/wizard best sige classes up until awakenings were being added and even then they were chugging mana pots like a heroin addict unless ofc you were gimping yourself for pvp ;)

You sound like one of those SJW´s on the internet talking about shit that happened hundreds of years ago but how everyone is just as guilty and shit today even though it has no current day relevance seeing in this case the people who did the crimes are dead or in the case of that game its not how the game functions anymore.

You are really retarded...First ranger nerfs were like 2,3 months after server started that means you lie about them never enjoying it as others regions... Second nerfs were mostly  for pvp, in pve ranger was still one of class with fastest clearing speed class preawak... We on sorc had one of worst pve class for 6 months and never cried as much as you about it... Third like i said if you gain power in one part of game you need to sacrifice it for something else in other part, you cant have everything... You want your skill cost less mana? Ok, but sacrifice some of your pvp power for it... Also potions are a lot less important then clearing speed, how much you really loose when you need to repot every 1 hour at gahaz? 5-10% time at best, being slow at clearing speed would cost you a lot more... 

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

u still dont get it thats kinda funny.

what?

will try this out thanks.

Dem two digits man, makes you spend 500k in pots every 45mins

Posted

I have seen this also bow runs out of durability really fast compared to other weapons. Most likely because firing arrows constantly but it's kind of annoying really Q_Q There a ways to remedy this but people will accuse me of been white knighting so yeah.