• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kakao, can we please talk about Ranger

121 posts in this topic

Posted

Why are u talking bullshit? i have an 57 Musa 57 Maewha 57 Sorc 58 Warrior 56 Wizard 59 Ranger so i CANN tell u its not the same.

So what? Maewha and Musa can also spam their dash and dont have to use that much potions BECAUSE theyr skills generate much more wp.

Every class needs a disadvantage and ours is sustain but the trade off is acceptable for me. 

That trade off is (for me at the least)  is killing at range,  mobility and basically being untouchable. 

A Ranger that is played well can make her dance all over the place.  So with that in mind our disadvantage is sustain but it's all good for me at the least.

Fyi,  an additional tidbit as an example are  witches and wizards   Their  disadvantage is mobility but their strength is aoes,  heals and sustain.

Long story short,  you can't have your cake and eat it too.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have to prove that you dont play more than one class alright 9_9

No, you have to prove your claim by providing me evidence. 9_9

Posted (edited)

Every class needs a disadvantage and ours is sustain but the trade off is acceptable for me. 

That trade off is (for me at the least)  is killing at range,  mobility and basically being untouchable. 

A Ranger that is played well can make her dance all over the place.  So with that in mind our disadvantage is sustain but it's all good for me at the least.

Fyi,  an additional tidbit as an example are  witches and wizards   Their  disadvantage is mobility but their strength is aoes,  heals and sustain.

the problem is not anything BUT super armors, cc, and blocks. wizards/witches get all 3 and heal and damage.

valkyrie is just like ranger with dashes and all but comes with active block and more cc and super armor. like I said, rangers have no range damage in gvg which makes the class useless compare to witch/wizard.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

learn to play.

Posted (edited)

Sustain isn't the trade off, being KDed by the wind blowing is.
Sustain is a pve matter, and we're not even Gods at it anymore to justify it.

You're right, we dance around people trying to hit us to whiff it, that's why our dash is cheap. We rely on whiffing attacks and going in given the chance, thats why our attacks have a gigantic wind up time (and why I love Regeneration since it's the only instant thing we have). That  doesn't mean the class doesn't have serious reliability issues. We have no kill potential at range btw, I have no clue what you're talking about there. And any class can actually just dash up to you.

Edited by Katsuragi
memes.

Posted (edited)

the problem is not anything BUT super armors, cc, and blocks. wizards/witches get all 3 and heal and damage.

valkyrie is just like ranger with dashes and all but comes with active block and more cc and super armor. like I said, rangers have no range damage in gvg which makes the class useless compare to witch/wizard.

You are ignoring the fact that their casts are very slow and avoidable and that they can be grabbed right out of them.  And if you need to you can simply disengage because a wiz/witch wont catch you anyways.  Also everyone else has super armor on mobility with iframes and animation cancels.  Deal with it.
You take away their super armor and blocks.... well anytime they try to cast they will just be cc'd out of it.  Unless you are okay with us being able to insta cast everything.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

You are ignoring the fact that their casts are very slow and avoidable and that they can be grabbed right out of them.  And if you need to you can simply disengage because a wiz/witch wont catch you anyways.  Also everyone else has super armor on mobility with iframes and animation cancels.  Deal with it.You take away their super armor and blocks.... well anytime they try to cast they will just be cc'd out of it.  Unless you are okay with us being able to insta cast everything.

if you add up all the flow skills cast time, there's no actually any big difference between ranger cast time and witch cast time. All witch flow skills can cast with the main skill at same time, but ranger need to cast the flow skill after the main skill. And all skills are avoidable idk why you mentioned about this point. Also ranger have no skills with super armor (which can get stopped by opponent easily) while witch have almost half of their skills with super armor.

1 person likes this

Posted

No, you have to prove your claim by providing me evidence. 9_9

You stated all classes have the same durability consumption any ranger in the thread can tell you its not and thats what I said before that its not the case and even amongst other classes the durability consumption is not the same either. So clearly it shows that you really dont play more than one class. Anyways I am done with you and your utterly stupid replies.

Posted

You stated all classes have the same durability consumption any ranger in the thread can tell you its not and thats what I said before that its not the case and even amongst other classes the durability consumption is not the same either. So clearly it shows that you really dont play more than one class. Anyways I am done with you and your utterly stupid replies.

The durability consumption are the same, but each class has different skills with different amount of hits. Clearly ranger is going to consume more durability giving how fast she can farm. So again, provide me concrete evidence, and not some appeal to popularity.

Posted

The durability consumption are the same, but each class has different skills with different amount of hits. Clearly ranger is going to consume more durability giving how fast she can farm. So again, provide me concrete evidence, and not some appeal to popularity.

> thinking Ranger's still the fastest farmer in 2017

4 people like this

Posted

there is currently no place for rangers other than life skill. too squishy to frontline, bow does no damage to backline. there is no place for ranger in gvg right now.

they should revert all the damage nerf to bow skills and nerf awakening damage to crap but comes with full cc with super armor.

and tamers are also suffering a lot in gvg, don't forget the lolis!

I'm just gonna keep quoting this until people learn rangers are crap

Posted (edited)

What dose popularity have to do with what classes you play? I am confused maybe you need to step back and explain this better to me how what you play is a popularity contest and the fact very few people who have played the game at any real length are going to tell you ranger is top farming class in the game.

Fun fact the skills that make you lose the most durability are both skill with x6 and x3 multipliers so the amount of hits are irrelevant to the durability you are losing as if you stop using Breezy Blade and waltz of wind your durability consumption goes down by like 90%.

Edited by Zeel

Posted

By your claim Witch/Wizard/Zerker should be breaking their weapon in like 20-30 minutes. Unless you are actually think Ranger is still the fastest grinder lmao

2 people like this

Posted

[Removed]

There i fixed your post so it's slightly more accurate c:

Posted

[Removed]

Lol i think you just sound butthurt.

You sound like that guy who constantly gets ksed by a Ranger on their Witch/Wizard and just qq's about OP class while not looking to see if maybe that person outgears you or you are just bad at PVE.

Posted

Valkyrie's would be happy to take your iframe dash off your hands. Ours is frontal guard and can only be linked quickly at the expensive of about 400 stamina per dash.

Posted

Lol i think you just sound butthurt.

You sound like that guy who constantly gets ksed by a Ranger on their Witch/Wizard and just qq's about OP class while not looking to see if maybe that person outgears you or you are just bad at PVE.

you sound like you have zero understanding of the classes.

I'll put it to you this way, Ranger is the strongest class in Korea, want to know why? it's AP scaling is off the charts, if a Ranger has 180 AP, and a Witch/Wizard/Sorc/Zerker all also have 180AP the Ranger will out damage them. it is one of the most mobile classes, and almost every skill has AOE, if not AOE. which leads it to out performing Wizards/Witches when it comes to Grinding. Witch/Wizard have better AOE than Rangers, but if a top tier Ranger, goes against a Top tier Wiz/Witch, the Ranger will beat them every time, because Rangers Kit is 1000x better than Witch/Wizards is. 

it's the reason why Ranger is the best overall class. and you cannot even debate that. the only class that can really match a Ranger in a 1v1 is a Zerker. and mabye a Warrior.  Witch/Wizard is absolute shit tier trash against a Ranger 1v1. and only stands a chance against them in large scale PVP.  which isn't even top tier, it's 2nd tier at best above Valk, but lower than the top tier classes (Ranger/Zerker/Warrior/Sorc). 

Posted

I'll put it to you this way, Ranger is the strongest class in Korea, want to know why? it's AP scaling is off the charts, if a Ranger has 180 AP, and a Witch/Wizard/Sorc/Zerker all also have 180AP the Ranger will out damage them. it is one of the most mobile classes, and almost every skill has AOE, if not AOE. which leads it to out performing Wizards/Witches when it comes to Grinding. Witch/Wizard have better AOE than Rangers, but if a top tier Ranger, goes against a Top tier Wiz/Witch, the Ranger will beat them every time, because Rangers Kit is 1000x better than Witch/Wizards is. 

it's the reason why Ranger is the best overall class. and you cannot even debate that. the only class that can really match a Ranger in a 1v1 is a Zerker. and mabye a Warrior.  Witch/Wizard is absolute shit tier trash against a Ranger 1v1. and only stands a chance against them in large scale PVP.  which isn't even top tier, it's 2nd tier at best above Valk, but lower than the top tier classes (Ranger/Zerker/Warrior/Sorc). 

Is that why a 180 ap Wizard can one shot people with tri gear with his 100%? hmmmm....

Witch/Wiz scaing is SO BAD. If it's so -----ing bad why is everyone rolling Witch/Wiz.

I agree Ranger has good scaling but to say that Wiz/Witch doesn't scale good is ridiculous.

Hmm almost every skill has aoe... hmm....

You are saying a class that's basically an assassin should be able to kill a Wiz/Witch most of the time with equal skill. No Shit. If they couldn't then Ranger would be useless. You know what a backline assassin does? Kill the freaking backline.  

So basically all you are talking about is 1v1... when siege and Node war is basically end game pvp lul. Guess u just haven't hit end game yet and still thinking that 1v1 is everything. 

Wiz/Witch awakening is not even top tier in large scale pvp.... LOL. You have left me speechless...

Posted

Is that why a 180 ap Wizard can one shot people with tri gear with his 100%? hmmmm....

Witch/Wiz scaing is SO BAD. If it's so -----ing bad why is everyone rolling Witch/Wiz.

I agree Ranger has good scaling but to say that Wiz/Witch doesn't scale good is ridiculous.

Hmm almost every skill has aoe... hmm....

You are saying a class that's basically an assassin should be able to kill a Wiz/Witch most of the time with equal skill. No Shit. If they couldn't then Ranger would be useless. You know what a backline assassin does? Kill the freaking backline.  

So basically all you are talking about is 1v1... when siege and Node war is basically end game pvp lul. Guess u just haven't hit end game yet and still thinking that 1v1 is everything. 

Wiz/Witch awakening is not even top tier in large scale pvp.... LOL. You have left me speechless...

Wizard/Witch doesn't scale as hard as Ranger does. that's the point. you ever meet a 240AP ranger? chances are you are dead before you can even move, becuese of Ranges AP scaling. it's why ranger is the best class for grinding. mobs just get obliterated.

Witch/Wizard scaling is actually good, it's just not as good as Ranger. the key thing with BDO is that at high AP levels PVP comes down to who can 1 shot each other faster. and that requires CC. all the Ranger has to do is grab you, and thanks to the servers being well shit most of the time, you will be grabbed thru the dysnc. and then a ranger can easily kill you.

I actually made typing mistake, Witch/Wizard for Sieges is certaily top tier, but in Grinding/Small scale it's not. but if you wanted to grade a class around only sieges? yes Witch would be top tier, better than ranger in that regard, thing is most PVP is small scale over grinding spots, or small node wars. which gives Ranger the edge.

Posted (edited)

I love that you are parroting information that is at least 10 months old now as if its a fact right now in the current version of the game. The whole harping on ranger is best in KR is getting old as you know the information is old as stated hell most classes dident even have their awakenings at this point in KR.

And in terms of 1v1 I dont think you have actually done pvp vs geared players if you think ranger is a top class in 1v1 hell just go look at the actual tournament that was held in NA ranger never got close to top 5 dont even think it made top 5 class wise let alone top5 players.

Also AoE? the aoe on the awakening for ranger is not what I would call good let alone witch/wizard lvls hell shotgun is still the best Aoe rangers got in terms of actual reach and scale if its farming you are talking about.

And as for the "kit" you speak of rangers have a poor kit overall with alot of discounted skills like our grab neither having super armor or + acc on it something that wizards do(super armor that is) also the one sige skill rangers had got nerfed into oblivion along time ago and as far as commited assassins go other classes can do the samething with much lower risk of death than a ranger can.

Here is the thing you being bad at your class or vs another class dose not make that class strong or OP it makes you bad and the best thing to do is to improve its funny how you think that your class isent top tier in large scale pvp in fact if zerkers wernt such good frontline  breakers then witch and wizard would stand on top by a very large margin compared to any class out there atm. Btw not only dose your class has the best large scale dmg in the game it also offers by the strongest support and utility at the same time funny ranger cant buff and heal and entire group in fact ranger cant even heal itself or at rate were it would matter in pvp.

Edited by Zeel
1 person likes this

Posted

As usual guys expressing your opinions does not require you to insult other users, the thread has been pruned several times over the last few hours. I'll be closing it now as folks are unable to keep their comments in line with the forum rules. The discussion is welcome to continue on in another thread, however continued violations of the rules will result in your very own all expenses paid vacation from posting privileges.

1 person likes this