• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Attendance on Sieges and Nodewars

94 posts in this topic

Posted

It's nearly 2 Months now after the merge and yet its lesser competitive then before. Every Day so much guild recruit spam: small scale, semi-hardcore, semi-progress, and even progress and yet so much nodes are free or claimed with no competition. This is so much money and actual PvP-Experience that is lost its sad. We even have a Weekly Podcast after Sieges hosted by our beloved @Swiper Swipers Twitch .

But why is the attendance so low? I see tons of players running around even lvl 60+ People Guildless / in unknown Guilds. And how can we encourage more People to do actual PvP?

Let's get Wasted!

Posted

People likely got bored of getting zerged, having low fps wars or simply feel not geared enough. But ye, wouldnt mind more guilds participating.

Posted (edited)

regret taking a castle yet?

on a serious note it's like moving said, there's a few high attendance guilds that either each take a castle and then can't be moved or swarm over everyone in nodes.

so either people try to join those 'winning teams' or don't bother.

Also don't forget it's a game, some want to stick with their friends in those unknown guilds or are just not interested in big wars.

Edited by XeLRa

Posted

You cant imagine how bored we are trapped in our castles sometimes, and from what I heard theres much more competition in low level nodes than the higher ones with 4 or more guilds participating in one

Posted

@XeLRa People always talk about zerging. Dont tell me Guilds arent allowed to use the Slots anymore. 100 Is max and everyone can get 100 so theres no problem from my side tho. And if there would be enough brave Guilds you can end every reign.

Posted

You cant imagine how bored we are trapped in our castles sometimes, and from what I heard theres much more competition in low level nodes than the higher ones with 4 or more guilds participating in one

Last week we fought at Gorgo Rock Belt T3. 8 guilds on that fight. GG

@XeLRa People always talk about zerging. Dont tell me Guilds arent allowed to use the Slots anymore. 100 Is max and everyone can get 100 so theres no problem from my side tho. And if there would be enough brave Guilds you can end every reign.

Jergens my friend! Do you tell me I shall start recruiting everything I see without a tag? Guilds have standards you know ;)

Posted (edited)

Castle Gates are retarded, you now also have those retarded walls on regular sieges. 

Only game where I know there is more PvE in the PvP content then there is PvP.

Oh well, personally Morghulis are in a transition period, we have gone from recruiting everyone capable of picking up a stick. We will be back and even stronger. 

Edited by Tekeii
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Jergens my friend! Do you tell me I shall start recruiting everything I see without a tag? Guilds have standards you know ;)

Ofc not! Lemme rephrase that: Every Guilds has the chance to get 100 Member and the better your Guildstanding is the easier you get Member. I know that well but Wasted also had to work and progress to be where they are its not that we logged in and damn Guild was there with all Member. Alustin People know how hard Fanatics was branded. I know that the Way is hard but its a satisfaction you get when you with your Guild get a really really decent fight and you feel the excitement, the thrill of good pvp. Thats what im playing for! 

Edited by Jergens

Posted

Well ye. You only won calpheon because you have CuteAsianGrill! 2cute2lose!

2 people like this

Posted

If there are Guilds who really wanna get started and you dont know how to PM me il gladly help you guys getting started!

Posted

it's not about slots, it's about attendance, having people that have the time to come to every war. And then keeping those people motivated while you try to build something.

especially for smaller/less known guilds it's hard since strong players will feel like they're outgrowing those small guilds and leave for a big guild.

Posted (edited)

You could just get rid of that boring castle m8 ;) We always have fun on nodes. We go to sieges most of the time but lose on purpose so we still get fun on nodes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted (edited)

it's not about slots, it's about attendance, having people that have the time to come to every war. And then keeping those people motivated while you try to build something.

especially for smaller/less known guilds it's hard since strong players will feel like they're outgrowing those small guilds and leave for a big guild.

like i said if you know the origin of Wasted youd know how hard we missplayed the start of the Game and how hard we were branded. We was once top 3 for months and then the sudden fall came and we almost lost the whole Guild. We struggled hard to keep the Members but we worked hard and look where we are again! We are IMO a Top 5 Guild again and yet every Guild can make it: Look at Enemy they were ~30 Member and yet they are ridiculous strong and they competing with the best from the Server head to head. Its just work work work and work. Im sure there are so much sleeping potential cause people are afraid. Start with T1 Nodes train RBF to get used tr Masspvp it could be so easy- if you have the willpower you can do it

Edited by Jergens
my spelling is so shit today my bad

Posted

Let's make desync/rubberband/lagfest great again

Posted

A reason why alot of the nodes seem "unclaimed" is not because no guild faught for it.
But 8 guilds tried to fight for it in 2 hours.

PA / Kakao had the great idea that merging servers into one and reducing node war times down to 2 hours would be a great idea.
It is not, if you are fighting 4+ guilds who are roughly equally matched, then you have almost 0 chance of anyone winning a node.
Actually they need to change it back to the 3 hours.

3 people like this

Posted

2 hours of node war. 4 guilds fighting for a node. If 2 guilds are equally strong, that node will stay uncontested.

Sieges are another story, and a lot of guilds cant even think of fight it because getting smashed by 30 full tri/tet guys is not funny. Not even talking about getting zerged against 2 guilds of 60+ members.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

like i said if you know the origin of Wasted youd know how hard me missplayed the start of the Game and how hard we were branded. We was on top 3 for months and then the sudden fall came and we almost lost the whole Guild. We struggled hard to keep the Member but we worked hard and look where we are again! We are IMO a Top 5 Guild again and yet every Guild can make it: Look at Enemy they were ~30 Member and yet they are ridiculous strong and they competing with the best from the Server head to head. Its just work work work and work. Im sure there are so much sleeping potential cause people are afraid. Start with T1 Nodes Traind RBF to get used tro Masspvp it could be so easy- if you have the willpower you can do it

Enemy held against double Sfora numbers sure, but against oldskool they couldn't hold double numbers.

I must've missed when they did node/siege vs Harmony/Sov/Addicted/Wasted (alone). Enemy did good with 30 members but I wouldn't say they were competing with the best from the server tho.

They enjoyed what they were doing tho and built on that, so good job to them.

Edited by XeLRa

Posted

My guild gave up fighting for T1 nodes because we always fought against guilds with Lvl 60+ players with 200 AP or alliances. Node wars stopped being fun a long time ago. Don't know why guilds with such a high amount of AP/DP would go for T1 nodes.

Posted

My guild gave up fighting for T1 nodes because we always fought against guilds with Lvl 60+ players with 200 AP or alliances. Node wars stopped being fun a long time ago. Don't know why guilds with such a high amount of AP/DP would go for T1 nodes.

Merge is the reason why this happens.

Pre merge - T3 and T2s were mostly dominated by siege guilds
T2s mostly had siege guilds or top guilds with hardcore players.
T1s had everyone else, where it was more fun to fight.

Since merge and reduced war times.
T3s Top rank siege guilds from all 3 servers merged into 1 = triple the amount of high rank guilds 
T2s because of above, T2s also end up with some of the top rank siege guilds x 3. And the close to top rank guilds x 3.
T1s end up with everyone else fighting for them, which includes hardcore pvp guilds but not enough members for sieges. Semi hardcore large guilds with 50+ members but not good enough in levels or gear to compete for T2s vs top tier guilds.  Medium sized guilds wanting to fight wars but expecting to lose.
And then everyone else who would have previously been able to have fun in T1 node wars dont want to fight because they dont want to get destroyed by guilds who pre merge would never have gone for T1 nodes.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's nearly 2 Months now after the merge and yet its lesser competitive then before. Every Day so much guild recruit spam: small scale, semi-hardcore, semi-progress, and even progress and yet so much nodes are free or claimed with no competition. This is so much money and actual PvP-Experience that is lost its sad. We even have a Weekly Podcast after Sieges hosted by our beloved @Swiper Swipers Twitch .

But why is the attendance so low? I see tons of players running around even lvl 60+ People Guildless / in unknown Guilds. And how can we encourage more People to do actual PvP?

Let's get Wasted!

Thank you for the mention. I too would like to see a lot more guild participating in what I think is the most fun content of this game. Nodewars are just not able to give the same rush as intense castle sieges, nor are they as rewarding. Maybe people don't know how much money castle makes after merge weekly? I'm not really sure what's stopping people from participating, unless their whole guild is out drinking every Saturday night.

Castle Gates are retarded, you now also have those retarded walls on regular sieges. 

Only game where I know there is more PvE in the PvP content then there is PvP.

Oh well, personally Morghulis are in a transition period, we have gone from recruiting everyone capable of picking up a stick. We will be back and even stronger. 

As much as I luv u, that just isn't the case anymore. Gates have become just a casual objective, they aren't even any stronger than breaking base with a wooden fences around it. Look at Calpheon's gates getting done in like 10  minutes couple weeks back. And elephants help a ton (and I know a certain guild that was rolling elephants like 4 per week to get good skilled-ones). Also, the siege towers seem to be working okay (when people actually manage to control them).

Posted (edited)

Just to say some Numbers: People who active defend the Siege gets like 50mil a week payout for having PvP Fun. Not to shabby or?

Edited by Jergens

Posted

Just to say some Numbers: People who active defend the Siege gets like 50mil a week payout for having PvP Fun. Not to shabby or?

The problem is that this only goes for the winning guild. The others end up with nothing. The game needs to reward you for attending in some way as well so that more people will be motivated to come to sieges.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Indeed good topic, those +lv60s in unknown guilds are in those guilds cuz they are comfortable there? i been in 2x semi-hc so far and it my experience was not worth the 50% slow down in my progress, these guilds can't afford to make up for this 50% progress unless you are sitting on a castle for too long like some NA guilds,

As lv60 with 220 ap & 3b silver liquidity, i don't see the point at all to even join "unknown guild", speaking for myself, unless you find a guild that is worth your time & 50% slow down in progress then you are better off, lots of ppl whisper me how i make my silver and my answer was always been "being guildless" if i want to pvp then i have arena/rbf/or low karma in desert, group pvp is coming soon in a 5v5/3v3 form.

I think we will be witnessing small scale guilds more than +90 attendance, all those big hc guilds ended in disbanding for different reasons.

Edited by SillySin
2 people like this

Posted

Merge is the reason why this happens.

Pre merge - T3 and T2s were mostly dominated by siege guilds
T2s mostly had siege guilds or top guilds with hardcore players.
T1s had everyone else, where it was more fun to fight.

Since merge and reduced war times.
T3s Top rank siege guilds from all 3 servers merged into 1 = triple the amount of high rank guilds 
T2s because of above, T2s also end up with some of the top rank siege guilds x 3. And the close to top rank guilds x 3.
T1s end up with everyone else fighting for them, which includes hardcore pvp guilds but not enough members for sieges. Semi hardcore large guilds with 50+ members but not good enough in levels or gear to compete for T2s vs top tier guilds.  Medium sized guilds wanting to fight wars but expecting to lose.
And then everyone else who would have previously been able to have fun in T1 node wars dont want to fight because they dont want to get destroyed by guilds who pre merge would never have gone for T1 nodes.

If you look at some of the guilds holding T3s you'd realise this simply isn't true.

Harvest, FinalEnemy x2, Transcendence x2, Trident x2, Zakon_VII or Asylvm x2. All these guilds manage to hold T3s, yet I'd consider none of them a top rank siege guild. Heck some of them barely have 40 members. The difference between them and those guilds on T1s? They actually go for those nodes! They'll get stomped from time to time but it's not as if that happen everytime. There's way more T3s than there are top rank siege guilds, but I feel a lot of guilds just preemptively dodge because they might just bump into one of the top guilds.

Most of the T3s I've fought since the merge actually had a single opponent since too many guilds don't seem to even bother going for T3s. Then the T2 guilds see what they might run into on T2s and swap down to T1s and suddenly we get this massive congestion on T1s we currently see, with guilds I wouldn't consider less than some of the guilds currently holding T3s suddenly showing up to T1 nodes. It just feels too many guilds look for a simple win to be done with nodewars for the week.

2 people like this

Posted

Let's get Wasted!

As I dont know about the situation on NA or the guilds that came from other Servers than Alustin... 
What I felt on Alustin was that 99% of the guilds had the same issues. 
First of all - most players I saw and played with came from games where it was either just zergpvp or targetlock crap. BDO has the least mechanical and tactical skilled playerbase i've ever experienced ( honest opinion - no flame, there are quite a few exceptions but those ~5 skilled ppl per guild... wtf ^^ ) 
Guild leaders or rather the players in charge of organizing and "raid"-lead, deciding on GvG shotcalling, movement, tactics were a plain catastrophe. No idea of anything, their tactics seemed always to be suicide to win, as in die yourself through enemy lines and hope to dmg a little everytime. Can't even laugh about it.. simply sad. 
As the game progressed after launch a lot of guilds broke apart due to the leaders pressuring their members to play the game a certain way, which burned out their motivation quite fast and made many players leave and create small casual-mind-my-own-business-guilds. 

About those recruitment shouts... feels like trash only to me. They can talk all they want, they might be able to get a second attention, but will ppl really consider joining them for their calls? If you ask me - no chance

The big problem with the guildsystem is that you do not gain much by joining hands with ppl and mostly feel bound by obligations - can't play freely. 
The pvp system and gvg are greatly flawed in themselves. The parameters, fighting grounds, restrictions and dmg-calculations are completely out of place. Combat wise the system we have is pretty much inferior to way older games. 

I hope that this gave you some insight to the matter you asked about