• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

party Party System need some Revamp

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't see a lot of people mentioned about this [or more like didn't see any - if there is a topic on this already, please direct me to it since i did try to search for it] 

I think this game need to revamp the party system - especially the party range [the wifi signal]

Currently the range is "too small" and is only good if you're trying to power level someone. 

I play this game with my 2 other friends and we don't really understand what the point of party when the range is too small.

There are a lot of grind spot and when you can clear them fast enough, it's no point to stand next you your friend to get the party benefit since there is no mobs for you to clear.

I don't need you guy to increase any party benefit, but at least raise the range of party up - at least 2, 3 times more so that people can actually split up in the grind spot and still earn the benefit of party.

Right now there is no incentive to party since the range is again ... "too small" - we only use the party system to ... see each other on the map :/ and that is it :/

@CM_Aethon don't know who to tag in but just want to tag at least 1 CM so you guy can looks at this

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the re-direction Chromas.

Hello Ken,

We take note of your feedback and will consider its feasibility with the developers.

Thank you!
Yuki

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the reply :) glad to know people actually read my suggestion xD 

Posted (edited)

Party range serves a couple purposes, like preventing people from exploiting special deals system. Imagine you can stay in a zone free of mobs while someone kills and kills for you through a bot and makes you rich.

But most important, in my opinion, is that it prevents the party from monopolizing a grind spot. If party range is tripled, then one x5 party could literally take over the whole sausans mainspot by leaving one character on each mob group and kill the mobs as soon as they respawn. This of course wouldn't matter if you could actualy kill the whole party, but with the current karma system you can not do such a thing.

So no, party range should be kept as it is.

Edited by Tinaral

Posted

Party range serves a couple purposes, like preventing people from exploiting special deals system. Imagine you can stay in a zone free of mobs while someone kills and kills for you through a bot and makes you rich.

Easy to fix :/ just add a contribution system to party :/ or more like activity counter --> if player didnt kill any mob in the area + moving in 5 min --> afk --> no loot

But most important, in my opinion, is that it prevents the party from monopolizing a grind spot. If party range is tripled, then one x5 party could literally take over the whole sausans mainspot by leaving one character on each mob group and kill the mobs as soon as they respawn. This of course wouldn't matter if you could actualy kill the whole party, but with the current karma system you can not do such a thing.

So no, party range should be kept as it is.

That also mean grind spot will be more competitive --> add another aspect to the game --> more party trying to take over the spot --> more fight --> more karma bomb, etc

I respect your opinion on this, but based on your idea, just keep the party as it is since party is nothing in this game? since the game is pretty much --> solo recommended right now [unless you're fighting in Akman temple or fighting bosses / relic]

If that is your idea of MMORPG is solo, then i have nothing more to say :) 

Please, before you counter my suggestion --> at least contribute to the topic your suggestion of how to make party system better or how to create add more incentive for people to party.

Right now, even through i'm playing with my friend, i dont feel like i'm actually playing with them ... more like we're both playing the same singleplayer game at the same time [no trading; no good party activity like dungeon, instance; grinding is boring since you need to stand next to your friend so you are either fight or just stand there since no mob to fight; guild quest? more like slave contract :) --> hey you slave, here is the request for today, go get it to earn your salary; guild siege? yup fun in its own way, but not if you're not into PvP]

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have been playing for 4 months now. I have yet to had any reasons to form a party.
For PVE or otherwise.
In fact... I have yet to have any reason to do anything with other players. 

Cooking... nope, can't trade ingredients.
Farming....nope, they can't help harvest plants.
Christmas Gift box hunt.... definitely not. You end up fighting players over the items. 
etc.

Even inviting people into my house.
"Here is my house. You can't do anything in it."

Edited by Player_Slot_available

Posted

Easy to fix :/ just add a contribution system to party :/ or more like activity counter --> if player didnt kill any mob in the area + moving in 5 min --> afk --> no loot

That also mean grind spot will be more competitive --> add another aspect to the game --> more party trying to take over the spot --> more fight --> more karma bomb, etc

I respect your opinion on this, but based on your idea, just keep the party as it is since party is nothing in this game? since the game is pretty much --> solo recommended right now [unless you're fighting in Akman temple or fighting bosses / relic]

If that is your idea of MMORPG is solo, then i have nothing more to say :) 

Please, before you counter my suggestion --> at least contribute to the topic your suggestion of how to make party system better or how to create add more incentive for people to party.

Right now, even through i'm playing with my friend, i dont feel like i'm actually playing with them ... more like we're both playing the same singleplayer game at the same time [no trading; no good party activity like dungeon, instance; grinding is boring since you need to stand next to your friend so you are either fight or just stand there since no mob to fight; guild quest? more like slave contract :) --> hey you slave, here is the request for today, go get it to earn your salary; guild siege? yup fun in its own way, but not if you're not into PvP]

Hi Nguyen. Reason I didn't suggest anything is because if I wanted to do that, I would open a thread in suggestions not post my suggestion in your thread... In here, I believe I should talk about your suggestion and I tried to be constructive explaining to you why I think the idea is not very thought out, so maybe you can improve it.

Now if the whole thing is to make parties more relevant. There's a very good suggestion in here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/127190-suggestion-solution-to-spot-taken-leave-now-or-die/ that implies dynamic modification of number/difficulty of mobs based on users that are in an area. Which could lead to people always wanting to make parties to grind. (I do not agree with the other aspects of the suggestion in that thread, but that one I think is great).

Also, I find a little bit inconsistent that you feel you are not playing with a party while being in one, and apparently you think this will improve by allowing members of the party to be away from each other? Your suggestion seems to be against your own interests.

Player cooperation would be improved by designing a system that allows player trading, creating more low level dungeons (not dungeons that need such high AP to be done) and increasing party exp bonuses.

But it should be noted that BDO is not party friendly by design. This will always be the case. Games with no level restriction to gear or to enter in any area, can always be soloable since a level 1 character can already have 500AP/DP, and so party would be completely pointless for this character. This is the price you have to pay for such "freedom" in the game.