• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We need to change how Value Pack works on the Marketplace

60 posts in this topic

Posted

As of right now, I think it is a bit ridiculous on how hard it is to get a Value Pack from the market and it is definitely not fun when you have to camp there for hours bidding until you finally win one. Here are some suggestions that I thought might help:

- Maybe we could limit the amount of Value Packs that people can stock up. I have guildmates that sometimes stock up on Value Pack and show screenshots of 15+ Value Packs in their inventory. I think this is a bit ridiculous on how you can stock up so many when there are so many people out there that needs it too. My suggestion would be limiting how much you can stock and if the game detects that if you have 5 Value Packs, you shouldn't be allowed to buy any more.  

- Another suggestion is to increase the value of the Value Pack by doubling or tripling the value. Before we scream P2W, we can limit this that the seller will only receive the original 9.8 million silver from selling the Value Pack while the rest of the silver can be a silver sink to the game. This would also discourage people from stocking up too many Value Packs since they cost a lot more and it gives people the chance to actually buy Value Packs when they really need it.  

18 people like this

Posted

Here's an idea, make it affect the horse market so us breeders will actually start selling horses again.

13 people like this

Posted

As of right now, I think it is a bit ridiculous on how hard it is to get a Value Pack from the market and it is definitely not fun when you have to camp there for hours bidding until you finally win one. Here are some suggestions that I thought might help:

- Maybe we could limit the amount of Value Packs that people can stock up. I have guildmates that sometimes stock up on Value Pack and show screenshots of 15+ Value Packs in their inventory. I think this is a bit ridiculous on how you can stock up so many when there are so many people out there that needs it too. My suggestion would be limiting how much you can stock and if the game detects that if you have 5 Value Packs, you shouldn't be allowed to buy any more.  

- Another suggestion is to increase the value of the Value Pack by doubling or tripling the value. Before we scream P2W, we can limit this that the seller will only receive the original 9.8 million silver from selling the Value Pack while the rest of the silver can be a silver sink to the game. This would also discourage people from stocking up too many Value Packs since they cost a lot more and it gives people the chance to actually buy Value Packs when they really need it.  

Here's why I don't post value packs

Screenshot_2017-01-21_12.10.57.thumb.png

Granted that's calculated at the worst possible pearl price and the best possible costume price, but take a look at that.  Even with the Pets being the best value, you can only post a maximum number of items regardless of the actual silver you get back, so people who post stuff usually want to get as much silver as they can, so they post costumes, which give a high return of silver, but are really a poor return on cash.  

I did this up for myself because I was curious just how much I would be spending if I posted items.

If you want people to post more value packs, it has to be worth it to them.

2 people like this

Posted

Here's an idea, make it affect the horse market so us breeders will actually start selling horses again.

no thank you, horse selling is already the most p2w aspect of the game.

Posted

Better yet, why don't Daum make all the cash shop items listed on the Marketplace the same dollar to silver ratio? 

How? Do you know how incredible time consuming it is to level a horse, breed it through RNG, then more RNG of learning skills? Then pay RNG skill resets to learn the correct skills? T7 Horses that learns all the valuable skills at best are worth 60mil right now. I personally would pay 200-300mil for it because it is that hard to get a good horse. 

4 people like this

Posted

How?

pay RNG skill resets to learn the correct skills

you answered your own question. 

Posted

you answered your own question. 

Rarely do people ever even buy that RNG Reset Skill. I have friends that poured hundreds of dollars on it and couldn't get the skills they want. People don't buy that skill reset to sell their horse, they buy it because their main horse needs that skill. You get more silver per dollar if you just sell costumes. 

Posted

Rarely do people ever even buy that RNG Reset Skill. I have friends that poured hundreds of dollars on it and couldn't get the skills they want. People don't buy that skill reset to sell their horse, they buy it because their main horse needs that skill. You get more silver per dollar if you just sell costumes. 

Speak for yourself. 

Posted

I sense salt. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Here's why I don't post value packs

Screenshot_2017-01-21_12.10.57.thumb.png

Granted that's calculated at the worst possible pearl price and the best possible costume price, but take a look at that.  Even with the Pets being the best value, you can only post a maximum number of items regardless of the actual silver you get back, so people who post stuff usually want to get as much silver as they can, so they post costumes, which give a high return of silver, but are really a poor return on cash.  

I did this up for myself because I was curious just how much I would be spending if I posted items.

You do realize, that your calculations are way off?

Witch Labreve 24,757,200 for 34$ means 728,152 silver per dollar or 0.0014$ per 1k silver (1.4$ / 1MS).

Value Pack is 9,828,000 for 15$ => 655,200 S/$  => 0.0015$ / 1kS (1.5$ / 1MS)

Puppy 4,842,800 / 9$ = 538,088 S/$ => 0.0019$/1kS (1.9$ / 1MS)

2 people like this

Posted

just buy it off with real money, you don't have to camp for anything. if you work 8 dollars an hour, you only have to work for 2 and half hours.

4 people like this

Posted

Speak for yourself. 

would you be a doll and stfu thx 

Posted

just buy it off with real money, you don't have to camp for anything. if you work 8 dollars an hour, you only have to work for 2 and half hours.

Great solution,

Just add in extra weight after that too,

Then buy a costume,

Then buy a stacks of pets,

Then get the 20 other items listed when the game was released about "needed".

You're idea is FLAWLESS

Posted

You do realize, that your calculations are way off?

Witch Labreve 24,757,200 for 34$ means 728,152 silver per dollar or 0.0014$ per 1k silver (1.4$ / 1MS).

Value Pack is 9,828,000 for 15$ => 655,200 S/$  => 0.0015$ / 1kS (1.5$ / 1MS)

Puppy 4,842,800 / 9$ = 538,088 S/$ => 0.0019$/1kS (1.9$ / 1MS)

he made a mistake send him to jail .

1 person likes this

Posted

get some money and just buy one.  lol.

3 people like this

Posted

Lol, do you honestly think Kakao is gonna make it easier for you to obtain it with in-game money? The current way suits them better, because people will be more inclined to purchase it with real money. Kakao will always go for the option that makes them more money.

Posted

What's this "we" stuff? :P

Posted

bloody impoverished peasants.

4 people like this

Posted

Lol, do you honestly think Kakao is gonna make it easier for you to obtain it with in-game money? The current way suits them better, because people will be more inclined to purchase it with real money. Kakao will always go for the option that makes them more money.

I think that what you said doesn't sound logical.  If someone buys a pearl shop item on the market with in game silver someone had to buy it with real money in order to sell it on the market.  In reality it doesn't matter if John Smith buys a value pack with real money or if Jane Smith buys it with real money and sells it to John Smith for in game silver.  It doesn't affect the profits for Kakao because they get the money either way. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lolol, which rock have you been living under? More like.. which sea continent are you from chikita? Fishing master 25 I assume?

Horses are not p2w unless you spend 100 dollars/euro's on the skill resets/breeds. Aside from that it's not p2w. You can catch 2 females, level them and catch a male --> same trick over again and breed/exchange for better horses.

Edited by Miyumi

Posted

Get a job and pay for one like every other working class person playing this game. It's 15 -----ing bucks comeon.

5 people like this

Posted

he made a mistake send him to jail .

I guess thats preparation to enter bank business isnt it. Im not sure whats worse the fact that someone would sell Pearl items expecting to pay >1$ for 1k Silver or your response.

Posted

I think that what you said doesn't sound logical.  If someone buys a pearl shop item on the market with in game silver someone had to buy it with real money in order to sell it on the market.  In reality it doesn't matter if John Smith buys a value pack with real money or if Jane Smith buys it with real money and sells it to John Smith for in game silver.  It doesn't affect the profits for Kakao because they get the money either way. 

But by starving the market more people will use real money.. instead of just waiting to snipe one for days. Sir X could buy VPs and list them on the market, but Sir Y and B keep buying all the VPs leaving Sir A who is now frustrated ready to buy one with real currency. Which is good for kakao, more paying customers.

Posted (edited)

yeaah that's the most pathetic answer I have ever heard... Imagine, that some of us live in countries where our salaries are not that big. I live in Poland, common earnings are about 2400 PLN per month gross. It's about 15 PLN gross per hour. (Some of us earn even less) So it's 3.68 USD per hour, still gross. So you have to work almost whole day for this f****ng s**t. Calculate the amount of hours for costumes.

Edited by MrocznyMuffin

Posted

Great solution,

Just add in extra weight after that too,

Then buy a costume,

Then buy a stacks of pets,

Then get the 20 other items listed when the game was released about "needed".

You're idea is FLAWLESS

lol 12 years old kid detected, His idea is Flawless, and that is true, if you want something, work for it and dont stand around before marketplace and hope it falls in your damn lap. I myself bought a value pack and it was worth it, now we got a 7Day Value pack from event and i even managed to snipe a 30 day value from market, You mad bro? If you want something but too lazy or too cheap to actually spend money on it then dont come on the forum and cry about it. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0