• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

why olivia servers only gives 100%exp boost instead of 200%?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i've played bdo japan they have the same olivia server event they give flat 200% bonus exp i can pretty much reach 1-50 in 5-6hrs... but here in bdo NA/eu. i wonder why they only gives 100% bonus exp? instead of 200%?

http://imgur.com/a/Jjb0R

Starting this Friday (Dec. 2nd) we will open the Olvia Servers.

• The Olvia servers are special servers that provide 200% EXP for new and returning players on characters over level 30.  To enter these servers you must have a new account (Made on or after Dec. 1st with the Opening of the New World!) or have been absent from the game for 30 days.  Players who meet these requirements will be able to login to these servers.  Please note there are a few key points about these new servers.

• Olvia Servers do not have world bosses.

• Olvia Servers do not have horse races.

• Olvia Servers do not participate in sieges or node wars.

• Olvia Servers do not participate in the Red Battlefield.

• After 30 days you will not be able to access the Olvia servers.

• The Bonus EXP from the Olvia Servers will not stack with other EXP Bonus Events.

• Players of lvl 59 and above will not be able to gain EXP on the Olvia Servers.

EXP BOOST.png

Edited by sonatta

Posted

Its +100 % Exp Bonus or 200 % Exp so everything is right.

Posted

In the time it took to post this you could have made another lvl 50 on our Olvia servers, the xp is fine.

1 person likes this

Posted

I know theres difference because in my 7hr of grinding im still lvl 39..here in bdo NA

Posted

I know theres difference because in my 7hr of grinding im still lvl 39..here in bdo NA

how and where do you grind exactly, with what gear/weapon?

Posted

Its +100 % Exp Bonus or 200 % Exp so everything is right.

The non-olvia channels showed +100% as well, so this isn't right. Also, don't say 100% = 200% because that's confusing af. Just say +100% = 2x. Olvia should be 3x but math is hard.

Posted

The non-olvia channels showed +100% as well, so this isn't right. Also, don't say 100% = 200% because that's confusing af. Just say +100% = 2x. Olvia should be 3x but math is hard.

No, Olvia Exp ist 200 % thats +100 % exp boost like the weekends bonus.

Posted

No, Olvia Exp ist 200 % thats +100 % exp boost like the weekends bonus.

The problem is that they should be, if not according to the patch note itself, but also for the fact that they are 3x in KR and, as sonatta points out, 3x in JP.

Posted

The exp on Olvia is crazy, but even crazier that you think even that is not enough.

Posted

weekend exp overwrites all exp

Posted

The exp on Olvia is crazy, but even crazier that you think even that is not enough.

It's not about what I think, it's that they're literally the same. It is supposed to be 3x, but is 2x. Don't you understand that's the problem?

Posted

It's not about what I think, it's that they're literally the same. It is supposed to be 3x, but is 2x. Don't you understand that's the problem?

They write 200%, that's how it is. Why should it "supposed to be" different than they say?

Posted

They write 200%, that's how it is. Why should it "supposed to be" different than they say?

200% is 3x, but the actual boost is 100% (2x).

Posted

Kid go back to school and play less online games.

Learn what "100%" is compared to "additional 100%".

Posted

So the way they wrote it, although confusing to a lot of people, is not 3x.  Saying "Olivia servers will receive 200% exp" means the following:

What you receive normally is 100% exp.  What you'd normally get.

Olivia servers need to receive 200% exp.  This means the they need to receive a bonus 100%, aka +100% exp.  To have 3x Olivia servers would need to receive 300% exp of what it is normally.

Posted

you realise that "additional" is only used in kr/jp because its fan based english patch. Olivia servers are supose to get 200% boost it doesnt matter how you word it , its still not getting what its supose to have

Posted

you realise that "additional" is only used in kr/jp because its fan based english patch. Olivia servers are supose to get 200% boost it doesnt matter how you word it , its still not getting what its supose to have

I don't care when in Korea a sack of rice falls down, they play a different game on different servers there. Official announcement says, 200% EXP which is double. Or +100% bonus.

Posted

I don't care when in Korea a sack of rice falls down, they play a different game on different servers there. Official announcement says, 200% EXP which is double. Or +100% bonus.

I thought you refered to the "Additional" because on the screenshot it said Additional and that is why I said the English patch is a fan made .... you should seriously work on your social skills rather than your capability to argue over something stupid .

Posted

I leveled a new account last week and it took 3 hours to get to level 50 

one hours of that would have been running around the map and quests 

the only thing wrong with olvia is that the lvl cap should be 56 99% instead of 58 99%

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You are slow.  Takes like 3 hours to get to 50 lol.  Without the boost.

Also it is double the exp.  If you get 100% normally then add 100% exp.... you doubled your exp.  

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

I leveled a new account last week and it took 3 hours to get to level 50 

one hours of that would have been running around the map and quests 

the only thing wrong with olvia is that the lvl cap should be 56 99% instead of 58 99%

You can level to 58.99 on Olivia? What the... as a loyal customer I feel I'm being punished for playing the game and not taking a break. I don't care what anyone says, for the average player the grind becomes really real post 57. That's such a huge advantage to be able to level that fast to 59 basically. 

Posted (edited)

The irony. I don't care about your opinion. If you can understand that the convention is channels always have a base xp of 100%, it is redundant to include it ever in any boost or xp event. Channels never have less than 100% xp. If they had written, "The Olvia servers are special servers that provide 100% EXP for new," I think you can understand how confusing this is if you don't follow that convention - why mention the xp at all if you're just telling everyone that 1=1?

Semantics aside, NA is pretty much a copy paste of KR at this point, bar some cash shop/extraneous differences. The Olvia channels are 3x (+200%) xp in KR and JP, thus the point of this thread.

Edited by Impact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0