• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Event Increase drop rate in Shards broken

28 posts in this topic

Posted

EU server.....

(Artisan 8 always lucky tools)

Me and many others think the increase drop rate is broken!

Day 1 of event got like 6 shards on 200 energy

every day after that drop rate seems to be lower than normal!

done over 800 energy after day 1 and  got 4 shards!

( I have asked people around me every day while gathering, they report the same! )

It seems the increased drop rate only worked for 1 day

Posted (edited)

No, your drops will not be evenly distributed. Use 100 000 energy and see how it evens out. Teach yourself some probability maybe, start with google.

Edited by Miki

Posted (edited)

Some have speculated the small patch they did overnight a couple of days ago was a nerf in the shard drops, as people noticed a pretty significant drop in how many they were getting after it.

But it could just be their luck, who knows.

Edited by PandoraRose

Posted

I got like 4 shards everyday spending roughly 400 energy a day. Since the increased drop chance

Posted

It's still very much RNG.

I've been gathering Logs for a few hours a day in preparation for a Boat. I got 6 shards in 8 hours last sunday, and then 12 shards in 4 hours on Monday. Yesterday, I got 15 shards in about 5 hours, and today I got 3 shards in my first 10 minutes.

I've usually been getting more shards on my alts with (much) lower gathering skill, who haven't been using GM's blessings. Hurray for Random!

Posted

EU server.....

(Artisan 8 always lucky tools)

Me and many others think the increase drop rate is broken!

Day 1 of event got like 6 shards on 200 energy

every day after that drop rate seems to be lower than normal!

done over 800 energy after day 1 and  got 4 shards!

( I have asked people around me every day while gathering, they report the same! )

It seems the increased drop rate only worked for 1 day

I haven't seen a single shard in 4 days.

Posted

Artisan 9 Gather

Master 4 Fisher

both Shard & Relic Drop Rate feel unchanged to me

Posted

700 energy 0 shards

Posted

Artisan 9 Gather

Master 4 Fisher

both Shard & Relic Drop Rate feel unchanged to me

Artisan 3 Gatherer (on main gatherer) and Master 10 fisher.

I've been keeping track of Relic drops in particular and my relic drop rate seems to be half of what it was last week (when we didn't have an event) for the exact same spots (I'm researching differences between different areas.)

It *could* be RNG, but jeez...

Posted

There is zero change in drop rates as far as I'm concerned.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shard drop rate feels like it's been increased to "normal" drop rate before lavientias patch bugged and nerfed it to "almost nothing" drop rate.
"

Posted

I'm sure all events are up and running. Thing is, we dont know how with how much they increased the drop rates.

Maybe the buff is something like 25% max for shards and relics. Maybe less even lol?

If that's the case, can take days of gathering sessions before the increase is fully noticeable, since base chance outside of events is kinda low(even if using lucky tool + yellow life stone).

It's for sure not on the same level as the normal black stone increase. Grinding monsters for black stones is likely the best way to take advantage of the event.

Also uncool that pruning&killing bugs isn't included in these events ever. Farming your garden for shards is already penalized by no buff from lucky tools&life stones and no way to increase the speed like with normal gathering. At least let the minor increase from the event boost it a bit. Of course you can choose to not tend the garden and gather instead, but than again the event is called "Play Your Way". 

Posted

I got 0 shards on 5 hours fishing 2 days ago (should've made a quality post to hop the hype train) but then again 2 in 2 hours fishing yesterday. Before the event most of the times 1 shard/100 energy. Sometimes none on 300. Now 2 on 100 energy. For me the event is working but for you.. It's possible only your account is bugged.

Posted

It seems unchanged.

Looking at a single person might be RNG, but I've been sniping shards for a while on market, and there was no significant change either. 

Unlike blackstones, which went from constantly sold out to a stock of 20k now.

Posted

Yeah sharp hards are lower now but there is still a huge increase in relics. Fyi just doing farming

1 person likes this

Posted

It's still very much RNG.

Then they need to fix "RNG"  by putting some streak Breaker code into after a certain Threshold. 

If you don't what that is... it's REALLY simple.   Whatever they design into the drop table as the ideal Y out of Z probability... say 1 out 100 harvests is intended to yield a Shard ... then immediately upon the One-hundred-and-first failed harvest attempt, it would just automatically roll a 1 on that item.  ...Or they could use a Failstack system like enchanting if they really wanted to get complicated about it.  

.... but considering this now the 20th complaint about this on the Forums when  all previous [[EVENT]]s had no where this many complaints, it suggests that it may not even be RNG,   ...just look at the Laventia Event last month.    ...it Prooved that you can't just blindly trust these Events to function correctly all the time  (just like the times the Kamalsive Blessing also had issues)

. Now 2 on 100 energy.

Thanks for finally contributing some real results this time.  ....however 2 after 100 energy expense is something I was routinely seeing when these events weren't even running so you've only demonstrated the Norm at this point rather than an actual increase 

Posted

Thanks for finally contributing some real results this time.  ....however 2 after 100 energy expense is something I was routinely seeing when these events weren't even running so you've only demonstrated the Norm at this point rather than an actual increase 

1 in 100 was normal for me. 2 is lucky for me. I just gotten 2 hard and 1 sharp in 50 energy. and why do you have such a hate against RNG. Just because you get or the normal is 2 in 100 energy doesn't mean everybody gets 2 in 100. Stop putting the blame on anything rather then RNG.

Posted

Some have speculated the small patch they did overnight a couple of days ago was a nerf in the shard drops, as people noticed a pretty significant drop in how many they were getting after it.

But it could just be their luck, who knows.

drop rate isnt client side 

Posted

its bullsh1t, even with master+ gathering normal rate for most players were never even close to 2 shards per 100 energy... It was always closer to 1 shard per 100-150 energy on master+ gathering... Fact that you were sometimes lucky and got 2 per 100 energy not means everyone is always this lucky...

Posted (edited)

and why do you have such a hate against RNG.

I "hate" it because it RARELY does what it claims to do once you get into into the 1 out of 250 probabilities.  You're trying to make it sounds like I hate coin flips.  I'm FINE with coin flips.  But if YOU know anything about actual probability and coding, then you could not with a straight face directly compare 1000 coin flips to a much more complicated SQL-enumerated and Latency gated system of electronic buggery that can then easily continue to screw over someone like me after 10,000 due to the sheer complication of its moving parts. AND IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY.  IF it had streak breaker or failstack built into it, then it would Normalize out properly in a much shorter time span and not be affected by bad Seeding and voodoo bugs that the publisher isn't even aware of or doesn't have the time to verify

RNG fans would like to paint me as arguing against the laws of the Universe.  I am not...  I'm arguing against highly falible implementation of a computer's scriptng where it intersects with animal-brain gambling psychology

its bullsh1t, even with master+ gathering normal rate for most players were never even close to 2 shards per 100 energy... It was always closer to 1 shard per 100-150 energy on master+ gathering... Fact that you were sometimes lucky and got 2 per 100 energy not means everyone is always this lucky...

You changed my wording and are using a Strawman here.  My exact words were:   "is something I was routinely seeing" ...which meant it's not an abnormal outcome that could ONLY ever be explained by the Event increasing the drop rate

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

I "hate" it because it RARELY does what it claims to do once you get into into the 1 out of 250 probabilities.  

So you play Black Desert which is based on RNG. And comon dude, your statement? Does this mean it doesn't work for failstacks, drops, events? Does that mean that other games like WoW, Hearthstone, FF series, Pokemon and many other games are working on what you claim to be a rarely working factor? Honestly it's frigging R - ng = RANDOM - number generator. You can hit a 100 times with 99% hit chance and miss them all. Does that mean it's malfunctioning? No it doesn't ! No offence, but here's one for you: 

RNG-meme.jpg

Now if you could stop quoting me to spread your hate on RNG, that'll be great.

Edited by remymaes

Posted (edited)

400 energy no shard :)

Also, go Golem they say, it will be fun they say. Nope, ya ain't gonna have that shard.

Edited by Jibz

Posted

Now if you could stop quoting me to spread your hate on RNG, that'll be great.

Well now that you've admitted outright that you don't have a real argument to support it... Gladly!  We're done for good now until you find some other fallacy to start quoting as Gospel to the unwashed Luddite masses 

Posted

No, your drops will not be evenly distributed. Use 100 000 energy and see how it evens out. Teach yourself some probability maybe, start with google.

..or you could just look at the the market.

fe790e2baaa54152a2272a975358c522.png

Posted

I've gotten one in over 400 energy.

There is no change.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0