• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Corrupt or Decap

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Which 1 should I rank first for the seamless variant of the skill. Decap will do more but Im more prone to using the corrupt in the heat of battle which do you guys think would flow better because decaps a bit slow in seamless unless u do the cancel version but thwn it loses half its damage :/

Posted

i've been trying to look for opinions about this all day. nobody's been speaking up. from my experience though, i dont even use sudden decap in pve because corrupt has a bigger range and is a shorter combo.

i even went as far as completely unranking decap because its flow skill is also bad, even after seamless. i've ranked corrupt as much as i could and so far i don't regret it. the best pro out of this is i have more skillpoints saved up for the upcoming levels.

but until i have every other skill maxed out, sudden decap is not even on my priority list :)

1 person likes this

Posted

i've been trying to look for opinions about this all day. nobody's been speaking up. from my experience though, i dont even use sudden decap in pve because corrupt has a bigger range and is a shorter combo.

i even went as far as completely unranking decap because its flow skill is also bad, even after seamless. i've ranked corrupt as much as i could and so far i don't regret it. the best pro out of this is i have more skillpoints saved up for the upcoming levels.

but until i have every other skill maxed out, sudden decap is not even on my priority list :)

ya tested it too corrupt is waaaaaay better decap not even worth ranking and neither is the flow of it lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Decap doesn't have much use outside of pve. Corrupt is fine after seamless in pvp.

Only real use of Decap is in Transition Stance with double haste buffs and maxed speed. But even then its not really worth it. The damage is okey, but the speed is just wtf. Especially with the lack of sustain.

Posted

ya tested it too corrupt is waaaaaay better decap not even worth ranking and neither is the flow of it lol

^This. Anyone having success with Flow: Execution? It seems broken although I haven't tested it in detail. 

I remember really gettin excited about the damage potential but it just seems underwhelming (at least in PvE).

Posted

^This. Anyone having success with Flow: Execution? It seems broken although I haven't tested it in detail. 

I remember really gettin excited about the damage potential but it just seems underwhelming (at least in PvE).

works fine just ass lolol

Posted (edited)

corrupt all the way for the seamless transition. fast enough that you can actually use it without getting trashed in pvp and has way more AoE and basically the same damage as seamless decap for pve. I will say i use decap into the flow skill on camps that have one or two bigger mobs that I know won't die to just the seamless corrupt combo so I can finish them with the flow skill.

provided Serpent isnt just off CD and I use that. also if you find a time to actually use it, the draw stance Decap can hit pretty hard, its just such a long animation it isnt worth much.

Edited by Kliessen

Posted

Decapitation over corrupt. Only in transition stance though. The damage is much higher than corrupt. Using in pve transition to murderous to decapitation then serpents. 

Lev 60 ninja.

Posted (edited)

Decapitation over corrupt. Only in transition stance though. The damage is much higher than corrupt. Using in pve transition to murderous to decapitation then serpents. 

Lev 60 ninja.

a couple questions about that. does that put you in stance for double serpent? if so, are you only doing the first swing of decap or are you using the entire attack?

(nvm, just realized you go into transition stance before you do murderous lol)

Edited by Acheros

Posted (edited)

Lev 60 ninja.

I agree with this. Decapitation does a heck more damage in transition stance for pvp and is a pretty good combo filler, especially when they're down. I still like using corrupt for PvP though after seamless.

Which 1 should I rank first for the seamless variant of the skill. Decap will do more but Im more prone to using the corrupt in the heat of battle which do you guys think would flow better because decaps a bit slow in seamless unless u do the cancel version but thwn it loses half its damage :/

I'd personally prioritize decap over corrupt since I've learned to use it more outside of seamless. But if you're a heavy seamless user, corrupt might be the way to go.

Edited by Ruuy
pvp

Posted (edited)

Lev 60 ninja.

Im not asking for when their down theres better skills to use when they r imo. talking about chaining into seamless decp version is kinda useless because its so fking long and if their down I rather float them with either vacum or serpent rather a longer cc than decap for some damage if your alone alone decap prob good but I like to be able to dish out fast damage and dash away and what not lol

Edited by SexGawdTy

Posted

Lev 60 ninja.

In terms of 1vs1. Maybe, the animation is just to long however, while I agree that the damage is higher, the animation simply doesn't cut it as you will be cc'ed trying to pull that ability off by any kind of opponent that isn't a pleb.

Decap is only worth it if you have double haste buffs, otherwise the animation takes to long and puts you in a vulnerable state for no reason which is very easily taken advantage off by your opponents, as other skills deal close to equal damage which are much faster to pull off with a much lower liability.

Corrupt is simply a better option from Seamless as it can be pulled off while the opponent is in a downed state. The same can not be said about an unbuffed Decap. Corrupt on its own however is not worth it, only after seamless.

Posted

In terms of 1vs1. Maybe, the animation is just to long however, while I agree that the damage is higher, the animation simply doesn't cut it as you will be cc'ed trying to pull that ability off by any kind of opponent that isn't a pleb.

Decap is only worth it if you have double haste buffs, otherwise the animation takes to long and puts you in a vulnerable state for no reason which is very easily taken advantage off by your opponents, as other skills deal close to equal damage which are much faster to pull off with a much lower liability.

Corrupt is simply a better option from Seamless as it can be pulled off while the opponent is in a downed state. The same can not be said about an unbuffed Decap. Corrupt on its own however is not worth it, only after seamless.

What do you mean by "double haste" buff? Are you talking about attack speed skill add ons?

Posted (edited)

What do you mean by "double haste" buff? Are you talking about attack speed skill add ons?

Yes, Shadow Slash + Awakening skill addon. If you play solo that is.

Edited by Sansarah

Posted

Someone named Bladester taught me how to properly use sudden decap :U

so, a really good sudden decap combo is 

murderous>e>2 hits of seamless>hold right click (because this adds launch)>flow execution>serpent

it does A LOT of damage

(note that you probably wont be able to do this against giants...

so it's a good idea to rank both!!!! actually it 360'd my opinion completely! in pvp anyway. corrupt is still nice for pve

Posted

murderous>e>2 hits of seamless>hold right click (because this adds launch)>flow execution>serpent

it does A LOT of damage

so it's a good idea to rank both!!!! actually it 360'd my opinion completely! in pvp anyway. corrupt is still nice for pve

You know that 360 puts you in exactly same place, where you have been? It's full circle. Just sayin'

1 person likes this

Posted

You know that 360 puts you in exactly same place, where you have been? It's full circle. Just sayin'

B7lq0k3.jpg

Posted

it does A LOT of damage

and ya I know the cancel version of it and it loses alot of damage I compared it and it barely does more than full seamless to corrupt. And I rather not waste my grapple on decap unless it does more than serpent :o does it?

Posted

Decap. Corrupt is a garbage skill that does no damage, and its only place is in pve for wp regeneration (better regen outside of seamless, but easier to use seamless variant). Decap is extremely situational, though. The trans stance version of it does such low damage that it isn't viable unless you use it as pve filler. If they added some type of protection to it and sped it up without trans stance, it would have a much stronger presence in pvp and be comparable to serpent. But as of right now, it's too slow, so you have to stick with the seamless variant of it. It does good filler damage or is good as a finisher off of a grab if you need to save Katana Shower.

Posted

and ya I know the cancel version of it and it loses alot of damage I compared it and it barely does more than full seamless to corrupt. And I rather not waste my grapple on decap unless it does more than serpent :o does it?

well the combo has serpent in it so... im not 100% sure what you're asking to be honest, lol sorry.

Decap is extremely situational

basically this. although that's the only thing i can agree on. i've noticed the combo i listed seems to work better when you have to constantly chase... like when you fight witches or wizards. it really puts on the pressure and i've been finding it A LOT easier to chase them with this because it builds time to let my other skills cool down.

still, doesn't work against giants though... so.... thats a bummer

Posted (edited)

Acheros:

it does A LOT of damage

quote for truth, and lols.
"my opinion is now 180° different from the one i had before" makes more sense.

Original question: i ranked both too, had SP left over anyway,
still have 50 SP spare because i didn't upgrade the lmb (basic attack skills) does anyone get those? i never find myself using LMB.

The decap combo also sounds good, yeah seamless -> RMB DOES have its uses (in pve mainly),
and holding RMB at 58+ seems like one of the ONLY times we will be using that, the lift/ launch when it lands is nice.

Anyone else feel like our post 57 skills are some of the weakest?
I find vacuum slash to be a decent skill, but 58, 59, and 60 skills seem too situational.

Edited by Sam Adam

Posted

well the combo has serpent in it so... im not 100% sure what you're asking to be honest, lol sorry.

basically this. although that's the only thing i can agree on. i've noticed the combo i listed seems to work better when you have to constantly chase... like when you fight witches or wizards. it really puts on the pressure and i've been finding it A LOT easier to chase them with this because it builds time to let my other skills cool down.

still, doesn't work against giants though... so.... thats a bummer

ohs its 7 am now lolol not at 100%. And how do you catch some1 with that b4 they get up or you get cced? :o but Ill def try it out :D thx

Posted

ohs its 7 am now lolol not at 100%. And how do you catch some1 with that b4 they get up or you get cced? :o but Ill def try it out :D thx

you have a better chance of success if you have 5 atkspd
i have 4 atkspd right now but it does work most of the time. i'll get video of it in actual pvp sooner or later. hopefully sooner

Posted

it does A LOT of damage

heres an improved version of ya combo :D murederous>E>2seamless>sudden decape>Flow execution>D+Rmb>Serpent. D+Rmb puts u into transition stance during the attack even b4 it ends so u do the double serpent instead of single 1 >:D hehehehees ult ninja death combo. No need to thank me peeps B|

Posted (edited)

Decap would've been nice in transitioning if it wasn't bugged animation-wise. (anyone else sees a pattern here with people getting up from our grab an other issues?)

Just look at the difference, same stats, same input, same FPS in both cases. I guess another RNG element of this RNG game? Reported by me to support couple weeks ago, obviously nothing was done still.
FAST : https://gfycat.com/GrandCraftyDaddylonglegs
SLOW: https://gfycat.com/FortunatePolishedDegus

Edited by Swiper
1 person likes this