• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game lacks competive enverioment

71 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I like bdo in sense that it has sandbox enverioment. 

In warcraft you powerlevel 1-100 in 1-week and at max level everything is 100% instanced. You don't have any reason to go into empty world because there is nothing out there. Even 1-100 you want to level rather in instanced dungeons because it has group enverioment.

But good part about wow in instanced enverioment is that it's always competive. For pve it's getting server/world first raids down or beating mythic dungeon timers. For pvp competive mmr with arena and rbg. Even diablo3 is mostly same old grind but at least it has rifts where you can go and break new records in competive ladder. Especially in hardcore setting it's insane how much you have to push for better time.

This is why I think that perfect mmo should have both sandbox&theme enverioment. You may say that theme elements will kill this game.. Well.. Did red battlefield kill it? It would been even more popular if it actually offered real rewards, close to equal itemization and more (balanced heroes which I doubt this game will ever see).

In this game because it's 100% sandbox you need to grind good 5-8 billion cash to get all acessories+armor to +3 and +4-5 weapons to match veterans (who eather play 14h/day or played this game 10 months. For this reason there should be example arena where all gear is equal. Instanced setting with mmr. I would play there 30% of time and 70% I play this game in world. The more the merrier.

+Maybe even adding instanced dungeon where there is somekind timer. And that timer will be in ladder. It would be like competive test area. This is just quickly from my head but I think you know what I'm getting at.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

You do not need 5 to 8 bil to get full tri..... What the heck.

Posted

In warcraft you powerlevel 1-100 in 1-week and at max level everything is 100% instanced. You don't have any reason to go into empty world because there is nothing out there. Even 1-100 you want to level rather in instanced dungeons because it has group enverioment.

But good part about wow in instanced enverioment is that it's always competive. For pve it's getting server/world first raids down or beating mythic dungeon timers. For pvp competive mmr with arena and rbg. Even diablo3 is mostly same old grind but at least it has rifts where you can go and break new records in competive ladder. Especially in hardcore setting it's insane how much you have to push for better time.

This is why I think that perfect mmo should have both sandbox&theme enverioment. You may say that theme elements will kill this game.. Well.. Did red battlefield kill it? It would been even more popular if it actually offered real rewards, close to equal itemization and more (balanced heroes which I doubt this game will ever see).

In this game because it's 100% sandbox you need to grind good 5-8 billion cash to get all acessories+armor to +3 and +4-5 weapons to match veterans (who eather play 14h/day or played this game 10 months. For this reason there should be example arena where all gear is equal. Instanced setting with mmr. I would play there 30% of time and 70% I play this game in world. The more the merrier.

Lel, this guy :D 

You know what I can say to you? If you like WoW so much than maybe you should leave BDO and go play it. This game is designed to give people a challenge, you can already power level to 56 in like less than 24h. You won't get instances here, this game is about open world gameplay.

I do get where you're coming from with the competitive bit, just like you and many other players I miss this too in BDO as the only competitive part of this game is gearing up :x

You are the 1000th person saying the same thing on the forum. You should notice that nobody reads those topics =)

Lastly if you want to complain, go and do it with the Koreans as they decide what content we get in EU/NA and they are the ones creating new content, these threads and posts don't even get to them...

Probably if you wanted to buy all of boss armors, you would even go over that, but they cost less to enchant yourself. With the accessories, meh maybe.

Posted (edited)

When you count all together it's not cheap. Weapon alone 700k-1bil. Duo Ogre 900K. + 4 armor parts + acessories. It's not cheap.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

Full tri and you're good to go. Hell depending on class an skill you might not even need that. There are scoreboards for every skill so you can compete even in those. Red battlefield. Old fashioned guild wars. Node wars. Sieges. Plenty to compete in. And if you want equalised stuff, join a guild. Make rules for arena pvp bam more fair fights if that's what you so choose. Even randoms will take some gear off to make things more fair in arena. 

There is plenty to compete in. You just don't want to take the time to do it. 

Posted (edited)

When you count all together it's not cheap. Weapon alone 700k-1bil. Duo Ogre 900K. + 4 armor parts + acessories. It's not cheap.

I'm full TRI boss, tri shultz, tri red coral, duo marks, duo molar, tri manos, and have NOT gotten very lucky. I have easily spent less than 2b.

edit: and I just noticed you said up to a bil for a tri weapon? Again... what the heck

Anyone who spends 5 to 8 bil on a set of full tri gear clearly doesn't know how to failstack properly.

Edited by ebonystallion

Posted (edited)

You know what I can say to you? If you like WoW so much than maybe you should leave BDO and go play it. This game is designed to give people a challenge, you can already power level to 56 in like less than 24h. You won't get instances here, this game is about open world gameplay.

BDO as the only competitive part of this game is gearing up.

I think you missed my point. I do like Bdo. I like farming and improving my class which is never ending. I like world with all cp/energy system. But 100% grind is getting tedious. I wish I could just chill and do some pvp in competive enverioment where skill matters more than gear. 

And yes I realized that "competive" part is gearing up but if we are serious spending 14hour infront computer is not really competive. It's just time and rng. Combat is what should be competive.

I'm full TRI boss, tri shultz, tri red coral, duo marks, duo molar, tri manos, and have NOT gotten very lucky. I have easily spent less than 2b.

You would get ABSOLUTELY destroyed by veteran. 

Also you think for new player 2b is easy? Let's assume I play 3 hour daily which is quite alot compared avarage.

Full tri and you're good to go. Hell depending on class an skill you might not even need that. There are scoreboards for every skill so you can compete even in those. Red battlefield. Old fashioned guild wars. Node wars. Sieges. Plenty to compete in. And if you want equalised stuff, join a guild. Make rules for arena pvp bam more fair fights if that's what you so choose. Even randoms will take some gear off to make things more fair in arena. 

There is plenty to compete in. You just don't want to take the time to do it. 

I'm grinding my ass off + I'm new player. I can't play this game 14hour daily. It's like everyone can get TRI by snapping their fingers. I need spend insane amount of game to be even close to Pvp + I don't have photoshop skills to get into competive guild pvp where I'm eather way carried.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

You would get ABSOLUTELY destroyed by veteran. 

Also you think for new player 2b is easy? Let's assume I play 3 hour daily which is quite alot compared avarage.

Rofl

Who said the new player has to farm 2b with their +0 militia gear

You know you can upgrade as you go, right?

1 person likes this

Posted

Rofl

Who said the new player has to farm 2b with their +0 militia gear

You know you can upgrade as you go, right?

Yeah I bought +15 parts allready, that's the easiest part. Now it's all about grinding more expensive stuff. Eather with mats with fun RNG system or buy straight from market. Actually if you're really unlucky it can actually be even more expensive to build than buying from Market. Eather way it's still very expensive.

Posted

Yeah I bought +15 parts allready, that's the easiest part. Now it's all about grinding more expensive stuff. Eather with mats with fun RNG system or buy straight from market. Actually if you're really unlucky it can actually be even more expensive to build than buying from Market. Eather way it's still very expensive.

You're +15 and trying to tell endgame players that they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to gear....?

lol

I wish you the very best of luck friend, I'm not gonna bother you on your thread anymore.

Posted

I'm grinding my ass off + I'm new player. I can't play this game 14hour daily. It's like everyone can get TRI by snapping their fingers. I need spend insane amount of game to be even close to Pvp + I don't have photoshop skills to get into competive guild pvp where I'm eather way carried.

You have the olvia ch to help you. I'm lvl 58 on my main. In a few weeks you can catch up to me easy. While I grind a half hour a day inching towards 59. My gear is not the best and I can compete with most I come across besides the hardcore nolifers and if ever I got on their level I'd question what I was doing with my life. Regardless of what stage you may be at right now. There are plenty others there too and the game is giving you a big help with the bonus exp and constant freebies that devalues everything I farm. You won't get tri boss gear at a snap of your fingers but tri grunil is more than achievable. 

Posted (edited)

You're +15 and trying to tell endgame players that they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to gear....?

lol

I wish you the very best of luck friend, I'm not gonna bother you on your thread anymore.

You can't bullshit with me on prices when I can just alt+tab to see market mr. pro.

You have the olvia ch to help you. I'm lvl 58 on my main. In a few weeks you can catch up to me easy. While I grind a half hour a day inching towards 59. 

You still miss my point. This game lacks competive enverioment. You and I will never catch up to be competive in active pvp focused guild where every is very geared.

How does it hurt this game by having 3v3 arena with equal gear? Why I'm getting replyes that are not even releated.

Anyway I'm off playing overwatch. I do like idea of grinding, gearing in sandbox world but if there is nothing to compensate it I get very bored. 

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

Competitive? I thought bdo was meant to be progressive. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well there is talk of arenas, I don't know if they are equalised (I doubt it). We shall see. And I know where you are coming from but this is an MMO equal gear settings isn't generally how it's done. Imo you are too preoccupied with competing among the top players. It's very unlikely that things will ever be fully balanced and equal. You can still join a guild that does node wars, just perhaps not one that is serious about sieges. Either way I hope you still enjoy the other aspects of the game. 

Pretty much every MMO has a group of players you will never be able to compete with due to the time and/or money they put into it. Whether they outgear you or simply outskill you by a mile. I don't see the issue. 

1 person likes this

Posted

MMO equal gear settings isn't generally how it's done.

This is not correct though. Wow which is most popular mmo (even though very outdated) has Arenas and 2016 alone had price pool of 2.8 mil. You wouldn't even imagine having imbalanced gear issues in there.

It's actually funny because you could tryhard in wow 1-year playing arenas at 1.6k rating. And someone could keep 1-year brake and hit glad 2.7k rating after 2-month of playing. It just tells you that skill> time consuming just like it's supposed to be.

Unfortunally I don't just enjoy playing arenas all the time. I like doing stuff like in bdo = explore and improve character. This feature is completely lacking in wow. Perfect mmo = Sandbox+Theme formed together. Fortunally I'm fan of fps games so Overwatch will keep me busy from mmo for while.

Posted

This is not correct though. Wow which is most popular mmo.

WoW had like zero competition when it came out and players who liked it either stuck with it for years or now play for nostalgias sake so ofc its the most popular.

It's pretty unfair to forever compare every MMO that comes out to WoW. Frankly I got bored of WoW very quickly as like you said you can power lvl 1-100 easily and to me that takes any fun out of competing. I find it far more satisfying to know that I came in an underdog and still won. I like to see my progress over time and keep taking on harder challenges. If everything is equal all the time things get stale quickly for me. 

Its like. "Plays game for a week. Reaches end game. Kills people for a while. Realise there is nothing else to do until new content demands dungeon runs for newest gear. Repeat. Get bored. Move to next game" 

BDO is a game that takes time investment and I wouldn't have it any other way. If you hit end game super fast you're more likely to leave super fast. 

Lastly. Have fun in overwatch. 

Posted

Wat 

tri ogre ring is 3.2bil just itself 

then two tri cresents, baski and witches or even tungrade 

full tri circle is pushing 10billion 

Posted

Wat 

You're talking about absolute endgame items, which every game has. Ignoring the other items that wouldnt cross 500m. Like a tri / tet bares necklace

fs.PNG

Posted (edited)

All arguments aside, I think an equalized, ranked arena with rewards would be an awesome addition to BDO. It's not something we NEED, but it'd definitely be fun.

Edited by Caddywhompus
1 person likes this

Posted

This is not correct though. Wow which is most popular mmo (even though very outdated) has Arenas and 2016 alone had price pool of 2.8 mil. You wouldn't even imagine having imbalanced gear issues in there.

It's actually funny because you could tryhard in wow 1-year playing arenas at 1.6k rating. And someone could keep 1-year brake and hit glad 2.7k rating after 2-month of playing. It just tells you that skill> time consuming just like it's supposed to be.

Unfortunally I don't just enjoy playing arenas all the time. I like doing stuff like in bdo = explore and improve character. This feature is completely lacking in wow. Perfect mmo = Sandbox+Theme formed together. Fortunally I'm fan of fps games so Overwatch will keep me busy from mmo for while.

BAHAHAHAHA............

1st off WoW is being designed for casual players.

2nd Vanilla WoW if it was released right now it would've flopped. Reason WoW did not back in the days do to the fact there was hardly any MMO's on the market. L2 had the hard core players and WoW took the casuals 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

He said tri accessories and tet/pen weapons...

Lel, this guy :D 

I do get where you're coming from with the competitive bit, just like you and many other players I miss this too in BDO as the only competitive part of this game is gearing up :x

You are the 1000th person saying the same thing on the forum. You should notice that nobody reads those topics =)

Lastly if you want to complain, go and do it with the Koreans as they decide what content we get in EU/NA and they are the ones creating new content, these threads and posts don't even get to them...

Instances is least important part of his post... Most important part is about arena with MMR like rankings... In Korea they already added arena, only thing left is to add rankings to it which would make it worth and compete... Every MMO need rankings, cause we as players have urge to see what place in whole server on our class we have... Arena with proper rankings would boost pvp in this game so much!!

Wat 

Most players with tri got it a lot cheaper, only few unlucky guys spend 3-5B on one tri accessory, like JLN on tri basilk... While a lot others lucky idiots got one for mere 600-800M...

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

+Maybe even adding instanced dungeon where there is somekind timer. And that timer will be in ladder. It would be like competive test area. This is just quickly from my head but I think you know what I'm getting at.

Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment Environment 

Posted

In this game because it's 100% sandbox you need to grind good 5-8 billion cash to get all acessories+armor

ahhh...that has NOTHING to do with it being Sandbox and everything to do with it being a KR enchantfest. 

You can totally play ALL of the actual Sandbox elements of it for way way way less that.  

Posted

Only a rere calls this game a sandbox

Posted

lol, comparing apples and cucumbers. Taking things of an Themepark MMO and trying to add it into a Sandbox MMO is like trying to take elements from an Arcade Racer to a fully fledged Racing Sim. The Genres just can't work together.

BDO isn't meant to be competitive, its progressive. Themepark elements damage the character of this game and don't fit its narrative.