• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game lacks competive enverioment

71 posts in this topic

Posted

All arguments aside, I think an equalized, ranked arena with rewards would be an awesome addition to BDO. It's not something we NEED, but it'd definitely be fun.

there is a reason why nobody play limited rbf...

OP is probably one of those plebs that get rekt in pvp so he decides to come to the forum and complain. people spent THOUSANDS of hours to get to 240ap+ you think you can just play 1 hour a day and stomp plebs like yourself? please.

also there are instance based dungeons, sorta, aakman and the other one but both requires 260+ ap to solo OR a full high ap party.

1 person likes this

Posted

again a thread where somes get how pvp have to be played, and other trying very hard to make look like the BDO gear acquisition isnt a big deal.

Fun.

Posted (edited)

BAHAHAHAHA............

1st off WoW is being designed for casual players.

Grinding 14 hour makes you somekind pro?

What Arena ranking you had in wow and please link armory.

OP is probably one of those plebs that get rekt in pvp so he decides to come to the forum and complain. people spent THOUSANDS of hours to get to 240ap+ you think you can just play 1 hour a day and stomp plebs like yourself? please.

Yeah that's funny part right. LOL you spent 12 hours soon 1-year to get gear advantage and if there is seperate arena with equal gear you would get absolutely DESTROYED because in the end it's you who is noob and afraid of challange.

You tryhards are so funny.

again a thread where somes get how pvp have to be played, and other trying very hard to make look like the BDO gear acquisition isnt a big deal.

Fun.

These people have idea that grinding same mobs 10 hours = skill.

HAHA

Edited by Bloodex

Posted (edited)

This game will never be competitive PVP game. No-one would use pearl shop P2W items to get gear, if there were structured, equal gear PVP.

It is all about business, all about milking the cash. Gear is the only endgame in BDO, remember that. This is a horrible PVP game, and everyone should know it already. If you want to be competitive, either dedicate your whole life and spend cash, or look into other games.

Does not mean you can't have fun in this game, but competitive PVP is something that will never happen. Business model is made around gear enchanting, grinding, making silver, RNG.

Edited by Miki

Posted

@OP...................

go and kill some mobs in Ancient hystira ruins, and come back.

Your topic is invalid. 

Posted (edited)

there is a reason why nobody play limited rbf...

also there are instance based dungeons, sorta, aakman and the other one but both requires 260+ ap to solo OR a full high ap party.

I have 240 AP, but I guess that's pleb-tier now? Okay guy.

Also limited RBF isn't "equalized", it just caps the amount of AP/DP you can enter with. Nobody does it because its a pain in the ass swapping all your gear and crystals around to meet the requirements, and theres no point in doing it because it gives the same rewards as the normal RBF.

When I say "equalized" arena, it means everyone is given the exact same set of gear that overwrites their actual gear while they're in the instance, which is very common in other games with ranked arenas regardless of how hard anyone grinded for their gear. Frankly I had more fun when there weren't so many 1-shots in the game, made it easy to tell who was actually good.

Or a non-equalized ranked arena is cool too, just want to see more PvP content outside of node war and RBF.

Edited by Caddywhompus

Posted (edited)

Competitive? I thought bdo was meant to be progressive. 

Is just a grind game with cash traps.

When I say "equalized" arena, it means everyone is given the exact same set of gear that overwrites their actual gear while they're in the instance, which is very common in other games with ranked arenas regardless of how hard anyone grinded for their gear. Frankly I had more fun when there weren't so many 1-shots in the game, made it easy to tell who was actually good.

New arenas are a joke, does not matter if you equalize gear in arenas, there is still ZERO class balance.

Want to be competitive? Go Red Battlefield LULZ, balanced PvP xDDDDD

Edited by crosspath

Posted

Grinding 14 hour makes you somekind pro?

What Arena ranking you had in wow and please link armory.

Yeah that's funny part right. LOL you spent 12 hours soon 1-year to get gear advantage and if there is seperate arena with equal gear you would get absolutely DESTROYED because in the end it's you who is noob and afraid of challange.

You tryhards are so funny.

HAHA

I spent hours in area and in gvg, I kill people with way higher gear than me for days. if equalized pvp ever come to bdo which it wont because its a korean mmo, I would destroy you instead :) here is a tip, if someone have better gear than you, that just means you need to dodge instead of facerolling.

Posted

I'm full TRI boss, tri shultz, tri red coral, duo marks, duo molar, tri manos, and have NOT gotten very lucky. I have easily spent less than 2b.

edit: and I just noticed you said up to a bil for a tri weapon? Again... what the heck

Anyone who spends 5 to 8 bil on a set of full tri gear clearly doesn't know how to failstack properly.

The 5-8 bil may actually be a low estimate.

He is wrong in the level of equipment needed, not the amount.

I would destroy you in less than 2 seconds, possibly 1.

Posted

Yeah, they really need to try convince other about that, otherwise they would have to admit they are playing a dumb gambling game to pvp win xD

Posted

An MMORPG is an MMORPG and not a MOBA.

Theres a reason why theres Tier 1, 2 and 3 nodes. So theres the Balance.

Also an arena system is already in the works.

1 person likes this

Posted

Instances in this game, NOPE!  Never.  

A equalized PvP/Red Battlefield with its own gear and whatnot. Sure why not.

BDO is BDO, its not trying to be WoW or whatever, lots of people like it for exactly that reason.  Nothing in this game should ever be instanced.

There are a thousand games out there like WoW, there are however very few games like BDO around, so how about we just leave it alone and let it do its thing.  If you aren't feeling the game, sucks, move on, play something else you like but leave BDO alone, its doing just fine the way it is.

3 people like this

Posted

do some pvp in competive enverioment where skill matters more than gear. 

There is no such place in mmo games. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I like bdo in sense that it has sandbox enverioment. 

In warcraft you powerlevel 1-100 in 1-week and at max level everything is 100% instanced. You don't have any reason to go into empty world because there is nothing out there. Even 1-100 you want to level rather in instanced dungeons because it has group enverioment.

But good part about wow in instanced enverioment is that it's always competive. For pve it's getting server/world first raids down or beating mythic dungeon timers. For pvp competive mmr with arena and rbg. Even diablo3 is mostly same old grind but at least it has rifts where you can go and break new records in competive ladder. Especially in hardcore setting it's insane how much you have to push for better time.

This is why I think that perfect mmo should have both sandbox&theme enverioment. You may say that theme elements will kill this game.. Well.. Did red battlefield kill it? It would been even more popular if it actually offered real rewards, close to equal itemization and more (balanced heroes which I doubt this game will ever see).

In this game because it's 100% sandbox you need to grind good 5-8 billion cash to get all acessories+armor to +3 and +4-5 weapons to match veterans (who eather play 14h/day or played this game 10 months. For this reason there should be example arena where all gear is equal. Instanced setting with mmr. I would play there 30% of time and 70% I play this game in world. The more the merrier.

+Maybe even adding instanced dungeon where there is somekind timer. And that timer will be in ladder. It would be like competive test area. This is just quickly from my head but I think you know what I'm getting at.

I think you should go back to WoW. it's more '' competitive ''.

Posted

The 5-8 bil may actually be a low estimate.

He is wrong in the level of equipment needed, not the amount.

I would destroy you in less than 2 seconds, possibly 1.

You could be right if he's referring to things like Tri ogre and tri tungrades and shit like that, but I thought he'd be smart enough to understand that his amount (as you mentioned) is way -----ing off what it actually is. I guess it's a misunderstanding on my part, as I assumed he was referring to something that endgame players realistically have. Then he told me he was full +15, so I figured the argument wasn't worth continuing anyways.

Hey, maybe you can destroy me in 2 seconds. I'm not the most geared player nor the most skilled, and I don't have a problem with that. However I haven't had many fights at all where the difference in gear between my tri geared character and an enemy's tri/tet character was worth declaring a loss before it even started (as most people tend to do nowadays). if you're on NA im always happy to duel if you'd like, even if I'm gonna lose.

Posted

LoL people spending 8 billion in gear. RNG jesus hates you so you should probably delete game.

Posted

LoL people spending 8 billion in gear. RNG jesus hates you so you should probably delete game.

we all know who bought that tet ogre though

Posted

The competitiveness in this game is GvG, node wars. In this there is room for a larger spread of players. Low level and low geared players can find a role, and their are multiple tiers for different strength and size of guilds. In most MMO games there is almost no true individual competitiveness. It has always been about using tactics to avoid a true competition, like ganking, using OP builds and tactics, outnumbering. The closest true competition you will find is in a game like GW2 with relatively balanced classes, skill strengths and LAS of skills. WoW might have a certain times been competitive and moreso in recent years but it has always had PVP that was more about gear progression than true PVP, it is no risk all reward. In general large scale competition has been far more successful than smaller scale and individual. The strength of one group vs another group allows for a more diverse spread of player progression with specialized roles that can be filled to make up for players with lower time investment. Eve online is perhaps one of the best examples of a truly competitive game on every level.

There is also something WoW has proven. Given the choice people who think they are competitive will choose to take an advantage over truly competing. Thus you have server after server where the faction populations are around 9:1 with the most pointless PVP which is almost always completely one sided.  

Posted (edited)

You lost any ounce of credibility by bringing up WoW and "competitive".

WoW is nowhere near competitive. I don't think at any point in its life was it competitive. It has always just been cookie cutter bullshit and rock paper scissors arena. You macro out your one skill rotation and pray to the gods your gear is better. I'm oversimplifying a bit, but not much. Even if things were better, WoW pvp arenas (the "competitive" pvp, cuz god knows world pvp wasn't) were entirely designed to get better gear exclusively for pvp...so it was basically pointless.

The biggest thing people seem to forget is that MMOs are always structured around people with more time spent or smarter playstyles being the best. Because there's no point to progression if it does nothing. MMOs are all about progression. There are competitive elements to BDO. It has node wars and whatever big guilds do, the name slipped my mind for some reason. If you want 100% fair 100% equal pvp, MMOs are never for you unless they're probably bad and dumbed down. It's impossible to incorporate an MMOs progression into 100% always fair pvp.

Edited by Hells Malice

Posted (edited)

There is also something WoW has proven. Given the choice people who think they are competitive will choose to take an advantage over truly competing. Thus you have server after server where the faction populations are around 9:1 with the most pointless PVP which is almost always completely one sided.  

Pvp servers are one sided to find better population for arenas/bgs. Nobody gives shit about world pvp lol. World pvp is so -----ing noob.

WoW is nowhere near competitive. I don't think at any point in its life was it competitive. It has always just been cookie cutter bullshit and rock paper scissors arena. You macro out your one skill rotation and pray to the gods your gear is better.

Haha.

1. There was 1.8mil price pool in 2016 blizzcon? Did you go there? Or it wasn't competive enough for you?

2. Nobody does macro for dps rotation lol. They do have alot macros for /focus targeting though. Some people might use over 40-50 keybinds even after most spell elimination they did in legion. I have such respect for restoration druid players who need to not only heal/dps but cc 6 different targets.

3. Also gear is identical. If there was gear imbalance nobody would take wow arenas seriously like bdo and there wouldn't be 1.8 mil price pool.

Edited by Bloodex

Posted

Pvp servers are one sided to find better population for arenas/bgs. Nobody gives shit about world pvp lol. World pvp is so -----ing noob.

Haha.

1. There was 1.8mil price pool in 2016 blizzcon? Did you go there? Or it wasn't competive enough for you?

2. Nobody does macro for dps rotation lol. They do have alot macros for /focus targeting though. Some people might use over 40-50 keybinds even after most spell elimination they did in legion. I have such respect for restoration druid players who need to not only heal/dps but cc 6 different targets.

3. Also gear is identical. If there was gear imbalance nobody would take wow arenas seriously like bdo and there wouldn't be 1.8 mil price pool.

it has a 1.8 million price pool because Blizzard has the money to throw at cheap entertainment.... not because its truly competitive lol

Posted (edited)

as you can guess, this has already been suggested 100 times before, so I don't know what made you think that your suggestion will be taken more serious than rest of others, unless you come up with a much better idea about implementing an equalized arena, nobody is going to pay attention to what you say and yet you want to take the instanced arena in wow, and directly put it to black desert, and even I am against to that idea, although I want equalized arena.

If there are real rewards, instanced equalized arena will definitely kill open world pvp, or main game mechanics, whole game is evolved around enhancement, you do grinding for enhancement, you do pvp while grinding, if anyone can do it in the most fun way, and get real rewards (black stones,silver etc...) then they will do it in the arena, my suggestion for this problem, if you are asking for real reward for the winning side, then there has to be real punishment for the losing side (there should be an entrance fee etc..)

I have made many suggestions to organize equalized events in between players, without asking anything from devs, nobody paid much attention, and in fact, unless you want to equalize the levels also, it is not really possible to equalize a fight between a level 56 player and 60, and if you have balls and time to grind till 60, trust me you wouldn't be asking for equalized arena. Nobody showed interest to this because there was no real rewards, even if we could equalize it perfectly, because nobody is interested in real pvp, they are interested in real rewards, exactly like you, so in my opinion what you want is not competitive pvp, it is all about rewards, if you could get the best possibe gear in 1-2 weeks time, then you wouldn't be looking for any other easier way.

This is why I think that perfect mmo should have both sandbox&theme enverioment. You may say that theme elements will kill this game.. Well.. Did red battlefield kill it? It would been even more popular if it actually offered real rewards, close to equal itemization and more (balanced heroes which I doubt this game will ever see).

Edited by Zoro

Posted

till they make 1ap=1dp pvp in this game will mostly always be a one combo wonder...

Posted

Haha.

Gear is normalized now, that was not the case a few years ago. Hell I don't think they took gear out of the equation until just this last year. Something they should had done back in Wotlk or Cata. 

Also a monetary prize for an extremely small pool or professional players is a competition for consumption of non-participants. As an actual player of games I really couldn't give a shit about the outcome as it lacks any meaning. It's the same difference between watching a sport on TV and actually playing one. Watching a sport is only competitive for the people actually playing. I can't imagine a more boring way to spend your time. One side wins another loses, if you are not actually there it really does not matter. One of the big limitations of arena/BG gameplay. World PVP on the other hand, in a game like EVE or other political/alliance based PVP games, now that actually matters as the success or failures of one group of players will have repercussions that affect other groups which result in lasting effects. That is interesting. BDO right now has potential although I am not sure if the overall nature of its competitive scene has much meaning as of yet. You win guild silver, prestige and rep which is a good start but is that enough?

Posted

Haha.

laugh-meme-face-465106902.jpg

Who the ----- is retarded enough to compare WoW (aka a shitty old game that has been out for over 10 years) and Bdo (a half decent game that's the best "we're not -----ing copying WoW" mmorpg game for the last century)?

Didn't you learn half a year or so ago to go play with your WoW character instead since you loved it so much? ;). Nobody does take WoW seriously except those who've bothered to play and pay for it too much to quit. 

Now gtfo. This isn't and never will be a WoW clone. Please ----- xD. Nobody gives a ----- about your opinion about WoW vs Bdo. 

Thanks for the good laugh though xD. Not often you stumble upon retarded people who're not trying to hide it :D