• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game lacks competive enverioment

71 posts in this topic

Posted

You do not need 5 to 8 bil to get full tri..... What the heck.

you do if you are a impulsive costume buyer like me. rip

Posted (edited)

i get pretty sad when i see people wishing theme park instance elements in bdo. As soon as they add some instance that is good silver and/or exp to bdo then ppl lose the motivation to go fight for spots etc = ded gaem. Not including aakman/hystria here, i mean an instance accessible to all

Theres SO many theme parks, but just one bdo, wanna keep it like that. OP bdo = grind and gear, it aint for everyone sadly.

Edited by Lanifair
1 person likes this

Posted

I love one shotting people its so challengeing like omg press a few buttons and within 10 secs oponet dead then I move on to the next person wow so much fun.

Buff DP cause game is boring

Posted

I like bdo in sense that it has sandbox enverioment. 

In warcraft you powerlevel 1-100 in 1-week and at max level everything is 100% instanced. You don't have any reason to go into empty world because there is nothing out there. Even 1-100 you want to level rather in instanced dungeons because it has group enverioment.

But good part about wow in instanced enverioment is that it's always competive. For pve it's getting server/world first raids down or beating mythic dungeon timers. For pvp competive mmr with arena and rbg. Even diablo3 is mostly same old grind but at least it has rifts where you can go and break new records in competive ladder. Especially in hardcore setting it's insane how much you have to push for better time.

This is why I think that perfect mmo should have both sandbox&theme enverioment. You may say that theme elements will kill this game.. Well.. Did red battlefield kill it? It would been even more popular if it actually offered real rewards, close to equal itemization and more (balanced heroes which I doubt this game will ever see).

In this game because it's 100% sandbox you need to grind good 5-8 billion cash to get all acessories+armor to +3 and +4-5 weapons to match veterans (who eather play 14h/day or played this game 10 months. For this reason there should be example arena where all gear is equal. Instanced setting with mmr. I would play there 30% of time and 70% I play this game in world. The more the merrier.

+Maybe even adding instanced dungeon where there is somekind timer. And that timer will be in ladder. It would be like competive test area. This is just quickly from my head but I think you know what I'm getting at.

is this you ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S97kgzfHd0&feature=youtu.be

1 person likes this

Posted

I like bdo in sense that it has sandbox enverioment. 

In warcraft you powerlevel 1-100 in 1-week and at max level everything is 100% instanced. You don't have any reason to go into empty world because there is nothing out there. Even 1-100 you want to level rather in instanced dungeons because it has group enverioment.

But good part about wow in instanced enverioment is that it's always competive. For pve it's getting server/world first raids down or beating mythic dungeon timers. For pvp competive mmr with arena and rbg. Even diablo3 is mostly same old grind but at least it has rifts where you can go and break new records in competive ladder. Especially in hardcore setting it's insane how much you have to push for better time.

This is why I think that perfect mmo should have both sandbox&theme enverioment. You may say that theme elements will kill this game.. Well.. Did red battlefield kill it? It would been even more popular if it actually offered real rewards, close to equal itemization and more (balanced heroes which I doubt this game will ever see).

In this game because it's 100% sandbox you need to grind good 5-8 billion cash to get all acessories+armor to +3 and +4-5 weapons to match veterans (who eather play 14h/day or played this game 10 months. For this reason there should be example arena where all gear is equal. Instanced setting with mmr. I would play there 30% of time and 70% I play this game in world. The more the merrier.

+Maybe even adding instanced dungeon where there is somekind timer. And that timer will be in ladder. It would be like competive test area. This is just quickly from my head but I think you know what I'm getting at.

I've played WoW since it was in Beta.

Never in my years of playing it, did I play it or love it because it was competitive. I just liked it because it was a game world that was really fleshed out and had a lot of stuff to do.

Wow works simply because the gear treadmill is never ending and people always feel like they are getting more powerful with minimal risk other than paying attention in a dungeon and hoping for a good drop. 

Its no different in Mythic Raids or Mythic Dungeons. Im not running them to compete with someone else, its just only because that next best item is trapped behind hard content that i have to do. Now with the new expansion and World Quests, I don't run those hard instances unless they make me.

If gear didn't drop from those instances, no one would run them. The whole "server first" stuff in WoW has been long dead for the majority of players. 

Posted

I've played WoW since it was in Beta.

Never in my years of playing it, did I play it or love it because it was competitive. I just liked it because it was a game world that was really fleshed out and had a lot of stuff to do.

Wow works simply because the gear treadmill is never ending and people always feel like they are getting more powerful with minimal risk other than paying attention in a dungeon and hoping for a good drop. 

Its no different in Mythic Raids or Mythic Dungeons. Im not running them to compete with someone else, its just only because that next best item is trapped behind hard content that i have to do. Now with the new expansion and World Quests, I don't run those hard instances unless they make me.

If gear didn't drop from those instances, no one would run them. The whole "server first" stuff in WoW has been long dead for the majority of players. 

if you wanna play instanced content go play wow it's number 1 in that area .
if you want to play open world freedom and pvp mmo play BDO.

dont put shitty fck instanced dungeons in BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All arguments aside, I think an equalized, ranked arena with rewards would be an awesome addition to BDO. It's not something we NEED, but it'd definitely be fun.

I actually heard a rumor that it is in the works, which if true would be something I am super stoked for. It would give gear grinders the stat v stat combat they enjoy in the rest of the world, and give pvpers the skill v skill we enjoy

Edited by Tolmos

Posted

[snip]

Talks about how he has played wow since beta. Says he likes sandbox games. Asks the sandbox game to be everything that WoW is. 

So you want WoW... To look like BDO.... 

The meatloaf is ready. 

1 person likes this

Posted

if you wanna play instanced content go play wow it's number 1 in that area .if you want to play open world freedom and pvp mmo play BDO.

dont put shitty fck instanced dungeons in BDO.

Exactly, it wouldnt work in BDO. Two different designs and players with different mindsets.

Plus instanced dungeons only really work on a large scale if they offer some consistent loot pinata to beat on.

And if they do that, then whats the point of people doing World Bosses.

Posted

When you count all together it's not cheap. Weapon alone 700k-1bil. Duo Ogre 900K. + 4 armor parts + acessories. It's not cheap.

Where in the hell are you getting a Duo Ogre Ring for 900k?

Posted

I actually heard a rumor that it is in the works, which if true would be something I am super stoked for. It would give gear grinders the stat v stat combat they enjoy in the rest of the world, and give pvpers the skill v skill we enjoy

there is one in KR but it's not equalized and it shoulnd be .

it's for capped people waiting between castle sieges/node wars and that garden of fruit to grow.

Posted

there is one in KR but it's not equalized and it shoulnd be .
it's for capped people waiting between castle sieges/node wars and that garden of fruit to grow.

There is no valid reason why one should not exist, except to spare the feelings of people who hide behind their gear stats to hide the fact that they can't really compete in terms of skill. 

The entire world is a carebear wonderland where skill is irrelevant and grinders take all. No logical argument could be made against having a single Arena somewhere in the game where actual PvPers can go in and test their skill, stats removed from the equation.

Posted (edited)

There is no valid reason why one should not exist, except to spare the feelings of people who hide behind their gear stats to hide the fact that they can't really compete in terms of skill. 
The entire world is a carebear wonderland where skill is irrelevant and grinders take all. No logical argument could be made against having a single Arena somewhere in the game where actual PvPers can go in and test their skill, stats removed from the equation.

so you think that the guy who actualy played 10 thousands hours won't be able to beat your sorry ass because of equalized gears ?
how is the counter strike career going for you mate.

all a EQ battleground will do is split population in 2 which is bad for BDO.
new players will sit in battleground and leave the game much early than if they get immerse in it.

please.

Where in the hell are you getting a Duo Ogre Ring for 900k?

in his dreams

Edited by Sizer

Posted

All arguments aside, I think an equalized, ranked arena with rewards would be an awesome addition to BDO. It's not something we NEED, but it'd definitely be fun.

Arena based anything can only enhance BDO. It's purely optional and options are the core to content.

Posted

Arena based anything can only enhance BDO. It's purely optional and options are the core to content.

arena based are fine, forced equalized gears aren't.

open escape. red battlefield , there's a 300gs capped version. have fun.

Posted (edited)

so you think that the guy who actualy played 10 thousands hours won't be able to beat your sorry ass because of equalized gears ?how is the counter strike career going for you mate.

all a EQ battleground will do is split population in 2 wich is bad for BDO.
new players will sit in battleground and leave the game much early than if they get immerse in it.

please.

10,000 hours 1 shotting mindless mobs over and over and over again while watching a movie on the side, or 1 shotting other players without needing to even dodge because the other player can't touch them? I absolutely think they would destroyed in an equalized arena. You saw much of the same thing in early Themepark MMOs, where raiders and dungeon runners who played their lives out in the game had the best gear and destroyed everyone, but the second something evened out the playing field the PvPers mopped the floor with them.

The need for equalized PvP was rarely needed back in the day, because death usually meant your whole inventory/gear dropped in most sandbox games. Everyone was equivalent because everyone was naked; only an idiot would have walked out the door with DUO Ogres or an equivalent on. But now, everyone is comfortable with their squishy safety net of keeping their equipment on death and have become spoiled with being able to use their grossly engorged stats to carry them through PvP, and pretend like they have "skill".

I look forward to an equalized field where that myth can be dispelled. :)

Edited by Tolmos

Posted (edited)

10,000 hours 1 shotting mindless mobs over and over and over again while watching a movie on the side, or 1 shotting other players without needing to even dodge because the other player can't touch them? I absolutely think they would destroyed in an equalized arena. You saw much of the same thing in early Themepark MMOs, where raiders and dungeon runners who played their lives out in the game had the best gear and destroyed everyone, but the second something evened out the playing field the PvPers mopped the floor with them.

The need for equalized PvP was rarely needed back in the day, because death usually meant your whole inventory/gear dropped in most sandbox games. Everyone was equivalent because everyone was naked; only an idiot would have walked out the door with DUO Ogres or an equivalent on. But now, everyone is comfortable with their squishy safety net of keeping their equipment on death and have become spoiled with being able to use their grossly engorged stats to carry them through PvP, and pretend like they have "skill".

lol.k. GL

your mistake is thinking geared people only do pve, while in reality in BDO they are doing the pvp 24/7. but ok geared people are the '' raiders '' in a game with no raids. makes sense.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

lol.k. GL

your mistake is thinking geared people only do pve, while in reality in BDO they are doing the pvp 24/7. but ok geared people are the '' raiders '' in a game with no raids. makes sense.

You're right. Raids actually require some amount of effort; super geared folks in BDO are really just grinders. They would be even worse off. 

Posted

arena based are fine, forced equalized gears aren't.
open escape. red battlefield , there's a 300gs capped version. have fun.

Forcing homogenized gear into all PvP would very much pull the life out of it.
Forcing anything does. Like forcing PvP.. as an example.

Posted

You're right. Raids actually require some amount of effort; super geared folks in BDO are really just grinders. They would be even worse off. 

lol

Posted

Strange, I've relatively high AP/DP, yet I can't one shot monsters at Hysteria or Pila Ku Jail. And even better, if I mess up even once and get knocked down, bound or stiffened by the mobs there, I'm dead, period.