• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Official] Dark Knight 'COMING SOON' after Margoria + Awakening info + lore

166 posts in this topic

Posted

Just look at the image Felyni has posted. The weapon training skill (LMB) shows the two daggers and for every class the image depicts the awakening weapon.

Also, since Dark Elfs have the same origin as normal Elfs, isn't this just another form of the Kamasylven Sword, just with more of the Dark Elf traits?

Hidden Content

Very true!  But sometimes she's attacking without them so I'm a bit confused too.

Posted

Reflecting on this more, I notice that the large sword she summons is NOT the same as her normal long blade.

Her combat stance with it is totally different. She's not holding it with both hands like her standard blade. She's holding it in one hand, hovering it over her arm a bit.

then there's also the floating blades, which she seems to duel wield at times.

let us not also forget the magic stuff on display.

This awakening is a lot more complicated than it appears at first glance I think.

6 people like this

Posted

Reflecting on this more, I notice that the large sword she summons is NOT the same as her normal long blade.

Her combat stance with it is totally different. She's not holding it with both hands like her standard blade. She's holding it in one hand, hovering it over her arm a bit.

then there's also the floating blades, which she seems to duel wield at times.

let us not also forget the magic stuff on display.

This awakening is a lot more complicated than it appears at first glance I think.

Finally someone noticed it!

Posted

Call me when there's a male counterpart. Gender locked classes are seriously the worst in Korean based MMO's.

Fixed it for you.

Posted

Nexon called, they want Sylas back.

screenshot-1-lrg.jpg

Posted

Nice!

Posted

Witch/Wizard were mirror class, they just made em different with awakenings, yet they still are very similar. Warrior/Valkyrie are different, but the concept behind it is also very similar. They just work on female class to do some fanservice because koreans are in love with bouncing breasts and generally with "waifus" same as Japanese, also is even easier to make outfits for them because the more you undress them, the better generally is for male and female users too. With male chars you can do that 'till some extents, just check how many warriors/ninja/zerkers go around with Cantusa or Kybelius and you'll get what i mean.

i would make male char if there was v line and vpl but there is not so i idc till they do

Posted

Reversed Sorc. I was hoping for something more.

Posted

Just a new class is considered a BIG release now? Wow.
Standards are going pretty down...

Yes new classes are considered big releases in a ton of online games. A new character is new content. You must have been living under a rock if you didn't know a new class is a big thing.

Seems like her weapons are "illusions" as they constantly dissapear/reappear in the video; def getting a mesmer vibe from her awakening(as stated before). 

What if the headgear/accessory bits are the awakened "weapon" for her? 

LOL, She's PROFESSOR XAVIER(x) using headgear to enhance her "illusions". LOL.

k im sold. Can't wait.

"

Dark Knight can now wear a new equipment, a vidian, after awakening .

Bediant is a weapon that gives you more complete control over the infinite power of the black spirit.

The awakened Dark Knight   This power allows you to summon the Beldenant 's attitude and the Beldant's Welcome Sword . "
5885792C3342E10032

one of the KR players comment had me rolling(i know its a google translation but still..)

"No, it's a Dark Knight. Why are you making a jewel knight?"
-KR player

Gems are truly truly amazing

Posted

"No, it's a Dark Knight. Why are you making a jewel knight?"
-KR player

5f9d1cfdd0f1090f72125c0f3482fd40.jpg

As a 90's kid, this came to mind with that comment.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Male Dk confirmed...

694472936_487089.gif

Edited by Mishee

Posted

Male Dk confirmed...

694472936_487089.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Posted

Yeah another 6 months until awakening

and 4 months until DK

Posted (edited)

the more i watch it the more hyped i actually get! 

Seems like a really good mix of casting/mobility and melee

And outfit and weapon skin is 10/10

edit: i didnt notice a block or grapple tho??

Edited by Claydough
1 person likes this

Posted

THere is a block with regular weapon, so i doubt it will be in awakening... As for grapple, i have no clue if there is one...

Posted

Exactly!

Elven race - already available

Magic - ""

Sword - ""

Female only class - have more than enough

Do not care the lore here.

Some other points:

In BDO you have a lot of "dark", "shadow", "black", right?

Shadow Knights, black spirit, stones, shards, etc. ....

So why this "pseudo - dark elves" - Dark Knight? Why??? Do not say "It is in the lore".

This is exactly why I feel Dark Knight isn't very impressive to most. Every character in this game is basically a dark knight.

I'm not even impressed by the spellblade thing because it feels normal to this game. Everyone feels like a spellblader/ user because of how falshy combat is. Its very difficult to top it

but im happy to see a new elf - type character at least lol since dark knight is kinda hagi from vindictus, im interested to see male archer become kai / legolas

Posted

5f9d1cfdd0f1090f72125c0f3482fd40.jpg

As a 90's kid, this came to mind with that comment.

This!

Male Dk confirmed...

694472936_487089.gif

And this, Fabulous, lmfao

Posted

I like the class, if people don't like it just makes me feel more like a special snowflake.

Less dark knight mains = more fun for me

4 people like this

Posted

More unique than expected. Not sure how to define it though. Looks cool overall.

Can anyone else see the mechanics from other classes use in this new class? Just different effects.

Posted

ugh. So many pessimistic voices.

Posted

ugh. So many pessimistic voices.

Some people don't like it, is it REALLY going to stop you from playing it?

Posted

Can anyone else see the mechanics from other classes use in this new class? Just different effects.

yes 

ive seen alot LOT worse attempts at recycling animations 

1 person likes this

Posted

yes 

ive seen alot LOT worse attempts at recycling animations 

Blade and Soul's "Soulfighter" comes to mind.

Posted (edited)

Some people don't like it, is it REALLY going to stop you from playing it?

not even a little, but this forum is so full of un-needed negativity.

These guys should just let people enjoy stuff. Rather than looking for problems where none exist (without even having tried it)

Edited by Arvalo
1 person likes this