• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Official] Dark Knight 'COMING SOON' after Margoria + Awakening info + lore

166 posts in this topic

Posted

not even a little, but this forum is so full of in-needed negativity.

These guys should just let people enjoy stuff. Rather than looking for problems where non exist (without even having tried it)

If people aren't enjoying the class they want to play because other people's opinions on it, then they should just stop listening to other people in the first place.
People are going to be negative, but it shouldn't stop you from liking what you like regardless.

I mean, that's just stupid.

2 people like this

Posted

If people aren't enjoying the class they want to play because other people's opinions on it, then they should just stop listening to other people in the first place.People are going to be negative, but it shouldn't stop you from liking what you like regardless.

I mean, that's just stupid.

I at no time said that it was impacting my liking of this class lol.

but what they are doing is being total buzzkills which is super freaking annoying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Have you played many Korean MMO's? All of them have class/gender locking.

It's a horrible design decision.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's a horrible design decision.

Korean MMOs aren't catered to western gaming communities, its catered towards theirs, eastern.

2 people like this

Posted

Korean MMOs aren't catered to western gaming communities, its catered towards theirs, eastern.

-----ing racists and discrimination!

Note: Not really racism but hell, just threw it in there for those who will trigger and don't know what racism actually is. 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

They'll take our money still :D

Posted

They'll take our money still :D

To be fair we kinda give our money to them. :D 

Posted

Second awakenings.... ????? what the fuk

Posted

To be fair we kinda give our money to them. :D 

Exactly. our money > opinions

I image. 1. we get  a awakening off-hand 2. a etirely new awakening ''path''. example being..whats common..err. Instead of choosing a greatsword warrior at lvl56, you can become a dual-wielder

Posted (edited)

apparently, they are going to boost the main class weapon ( so its not a 2nd awakening ). But instead of just balancing it, they will do that through an additionnal powercreep a.k.a = awakening

Edited by woots

Posted

apparently, they are going to boost the main class weapon ( so its not a 2nd awakening ). But instead of just balancing it, they will do that through an additionnal powercreep a.k.a = awakening

They did say it's a second awakening, so presumably you'll be able to equip the more powerful mainhand as an awakening--or the Awakening wep, not both at the same time.  They also said that they didn't like the current series of awakenings in that they felt too strong, so maybe they're gonna get nerfed/rebalanced.

Posted (edited)

They did say it's a second awakening, so presumably you'll be able to equip the more powerful mainhand as an awakening--or the Awakening wep, not both at the same time.  They also said that they didn't like the current series of awakenings in that they felt too strong, so maybe they're gonna get nerfed/rebalanced.

If its another main hand weapon ( = the whole rng crap rng progression again xD ) that's a bit weird,  its not going something like a "natural" weapon switch, and its gonna be 100% powercreep, you would just trade the "old" weapon for a more powerfull one.

Especialy since they, according to what you are saying, dont like the current awakening beeing too powerfull.o.O

that's just doesnt make sense, it look more logical to have something like a "skill" to activate and "awake" ( whatever what that do mean in game ) the base weapon.

But i kinda fear the worse coming from thoses guys. After all for now, all they did is set a mandatory new weapon to grind ( bc really more op ). But sure, if they start to wake up and balance everything, maybe, it could be nice.

Will see when we will have more official information about how its really gonna be.

And months ago they also said they were going to do a huge class balance once all awakening released, and still nothing nor even words about that -_- So well. Not sure they are really trustable when in come to "rework somes current system"

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

(Why can't I remove this video from the quote T~T)

To quote myself from another thread:

FYI, there's an official English translation of the KR awakening page by Inven (a Korean gaming news site), so you don't have to use the shitty google translate:

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/899

Your thread is a lot more in-depth than that one, do you think you could update the first post?

Edited by Zephan

Posted

Coming soon, In the next patch, In september, When it´s ready, everything will be released together, we will be on time, not a minute over the clock, 16:00 CET...did I miss something? 

Posted

No.... No No! Sausan fest all over again.... Leveling hellish

Posted

expected release date for Na is?

Posted

doesn't seem as dark knight'ish as I imagined meh

1 person likes this

Posted

doesn't seem as dark knight'ish as I imagined meh

I imaged this

If this series did anything nice, it was the transformation system. felt fun :D to bad the game was linear, and owned by nexon

Posted

Logging in now, still have to crank out a few more levels before I hit 56, here are her release day awakening weapon skins:

t5nxPMo.png

1ITn5Md.png2yzlbEX.png

Just look at the image Felyni has posted. The weapon training skill (LMB) shows the two daggers and for every class the image depicts the awakening weapon.

Also, since Dark Elfs have the same origin as normal Elfs, isn't this just another form of the Kamasylven Sword, just with more of the Dark Elf traits?

Hidden Content

Looks like it's the glove:

2st2m5i.png

Definitely the glove:

mK89w5c.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Logging in now, still have to crank out a few more levels before I hit 56, here are her release day awakening weapon skins:

Looks like it's the glove:

2st2m5i.png

Entirely forgot that they have the patch one day prior to their normal schedule.

Unexpected that it is a glove due to my previous assumption, but I guess this explains why there are seemingly no swords during some skills.

1 person likes this

Posted

Entirely forgot that they have the patch one day prior to their normal schedule.

Unexpected that it is a glove due to my previous assumption, but I guess this explains why there are seemingly no swords during some skills.

so basically another sorcerer lol

Posted

I am so excited! :x

1 person likes this

Posted

so basically another sorcerer lol

From what I can tell of the skills it's more that she uses the gauntlet to summon the swords, some attacks are kinda Sorc-y though.  If I were to compare from the skills I can preview (not 56, yet!) I'd say... a decent chunk of DK default gameplay, Wizard/Witch awakened gameplay, Sorc unawakened gameplay, some Ranger awakened gameplay... a big mix, really!  She really isn't a 100% copy of any of them.

Posted

I just watched about 30 minutes of a guy streaming 59 DK with awakening in the jail and if I had to say what I thought she seemed like, a sorc/awakened ranger mix would be pretty accurate. Fair amount of dashing and AoE explosions with hands down THE prettiest spell effects in the game (that huge sword that impales the ground is amazing). Anyone expecting this to be a powerhouse class like Wizard is though you won't find that here. The guy had 246/240/247 stats and was clearling at a mediumish pace. Compared to the 198 awakened AP wizard which could do 2/3rds HP of the mobs with a single washing machine, the DK needed to do 4 or 5 skills to the wizard's 2 - 4. All in all it's super pretty to watch, not OP but fairly strong i'd say and does have a bit of mobility to it. 

1 person likes this