• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Official] Dark Knight 'COMING SOON' after Margoria + Awakening info + lore

166 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I imaged this

If this series did anything nice, it was the transformation system. felt fun :D to bad the game was linear, and owned by nexon

Now that you mentioned Vindictus, Dark Knight's awakening gameplay reminds me of Hagie's.

Edited by Geo

Posted

Now that you mentioned Vindictus, Dark Knight's awakening gameplay reminds me of Hagie's.

Another guy speculated PA would mimic hagi or vella since blackknight is similar ot delia. Berserker is also similar to cestus karok

Posted

The fudge is a "hagie", the hag's favourite son?

Posted

So what's her range with awakening? I can't really understand from the video... 

Looks like it might actually be pretty far? But you're right, it's hard to tell.  Could easily be mid-range.  I've got a DK in KR, I'll bump her up to 56 and do my best to let everyone know on Wednesday!

Please do ;)

Definitely a late response, but better late than never, right? 

dsnpe6O.gifcfhXu1C.gif

Two of the skills have a pretty sizeable distance!

They're Right Click and Shift + E, respectively.

(The first one I only did one of, but it fires 4 back-to-back in a combo.)

• The first one you can do as many times as you want, it has a cooldown but since I can't read Korean, I don't know what it says.
  • The second one is on a 12 second cooldown.

fdrSq2k.gif

This one (Shift + RMB) does a big AoE in front of you, and you can use it as often as you want.

It does, however, has a cooldown of 12 seconds.  I don't know all of the effects of the skill, but I have noticed it will regen a lot of your mana if it's not on cooldown.

And she has some... interesting (???) hidden animations.

YBYuOe2.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

(Why can't I remove this video from the quote T~T)

To quote myself from another thread:

Your thread is a lot more in-depth than that one, do you think you could update the first post?

Updated! and Thank you for the suggestion 9_9

Posted

So does the awakening weapon use CAST SPEED while the non-awakened uses ATTACK SPEED?

Posted

Definitely a late response, but better late than never, right? 

dsnpe6O.gifcfhXu1C.gif

• The first one you can do as many times as you want, it has a cooldown but since I can't read Korean, I don't know what it says.

fdrSq2k.gif

This one (Shift + RMB) does a big AoE in front of you, and you can use it as often as you want.

It does, however, has a cooldown of 12 seconds.  I don't know all of the effects of the skill, but I have noticed it will regen a lot of your mana if it's not on cooldown.

Hidden Content

Thanks for this! I hope we get it sooner than later. :) 

Posted

Honestly, the skills effect look way better in vindictus tho.

Posted

Honestly, the skills effect look way better in vindictus tho.

I've gotta agree, if you mean Vindictus vs. BDO in general, I think it's because the effects are more isolated and aren't as... I don't know how to describe it.  They aren't as bloomy?  Like Vindictus effects are like a knife's edge.  It's sharp, you can tell what effect is going on, you can tell what skill is being used.  Which is basically what special effects are for.  BDO's effects are more of a fog or a glitter bomb.  You can hardly tell what's going on, there's so much to look at at once, you can hardly follow.  People just disappear into massive Special Effects storms and you're left what's goign on in the middle, like the Tasmanian devil tornadoes.

I think for the DK's awakening it works.  But because every other awakening any mainhand is so over-the-top with its effects, it sort-of detracts from something that's supposed to be loud, colorful, and bombastic.

Posted (edited)

I've gotta agree, if you mean Vindictus vs. BDO in general, I think it's because the effects are more isolated and aren't as... I don't know how to describe it.  They aren't as bloomy?  Like Vindictus effects are like a knife's edge.  It's sharp, you can tell what effect is going on, you can tell what skill is being used.  Which is basically what special effects are for.  BDO's effects are more of a fog or a glitter bomb.  You can hardly tell what's going on, there's so much to look at at once, you can hardly follow.  People just disappear into massive Special Effects storms and you're left what's goign on in the middle, like the Tasmanian devil tornadoes.

I think for the DK's awakening it works.  But because every other awakening any mainhand is so over-the-top with its effects, it sort-of detracts from something that's supposed to be loud, colorful, and bombastic.

yeah, its also that, they are more simple, so more "clear" to look at. But on top of that, they also look to have "more work" on how they are made, what it have to look like

Its still well made in BDO, but yeah.

edit : you comparison was perfectly understandable :P

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

Anyone knows what kind of armor set is preferred for dark knight? 

Posted

Anyone knows what kind of armor set is preferred for dark knight? 

I haven't played in a while, but is the answer ever NOT "Boss Armor" for any class?

Posted

Has there been any official Statement with an ETA on when it arrives in NA/EU yet?

I would like to know if we get it within the next month or within the next 6 months...

Posted

Has there been any official Statement with an ETA on when it arrives in NA/EU yet?

I would like to know if we get it within the next month or within the next 6 months...

No official ETA but "Soon".

Posted

I don't know if the DK is going to be any good but watching some KR streamers the awakening is flashy as and looks spectacular.

It appears pretty powerful but i guess only time will tell on that one.

Posted

First one: 

• 12 seconds soft cooldown
  • 976% damage up to 12 hits maximum
  • 12% accuracy
  • -25% movement speed debuff for 10 seconds.
  • During cooldown the damage is decreased and the debuff isn't applied.
  • Damage decreased in PvP

Second one:

• 12(11,10,9) seconds hard cooldown
  • 626% - 952% damage x 5 hits
  • 6% - 12% accuracy
  • 100% critical hit chance
  • Floating upon hit
  • Super Armor

Third one:

• 13(12,11) seconds soft cooldown
  • 706% - 981% damage x 8 hits
  • 6% - 12% accuracy
  • 100% critical hit chance
  • All DP -20 debuff for 10 seconds
  • +10 - +20 MP recovery per hit
  • Stun
  • Down Smash
  • Forward Guard
  • Down Attack
  • During cooldown no debuff, no MP recovery, no CC and the damage is decreased
1 person likes this

Posted

Not bothered.
I'll skip this one.

Posted

I'm batman!

Posted (edited)

First one: 

Hidden Content

Second one:

Hidden Content

Third one:

Hidden Content

Wow, looks like she's hit hard by using stuff during cooldown.  Definitely a class that'll require a lot of switching back-and-forth, then!  This'll be my first.  Kuno didn't really necessitate it, and with Witch I can mostly stay in awakening with only minor switching for things like healing.  This will be more of a juggle for sure.

Might not be a problem when you have more skills at 57-60 though.

Edited by Maevynn

Posted

Might not be a problem when you have more skills at 57-60 though.

I'm sure that's gonna be the case. 56 always feels like a sample of what is to come.

1 person likes this

Posted

No official ETA but "Soon".

The "Soon" is taking forever :( the wait is killing me :P 

Wish they could give us an announce date, so we at least have a date to look forward to ...

Posted

Vindictus efects  >>>>>>>>> BDO

Posted

Will we get free toon slot? Im maxed out, i payed to win toon slots for energy

Posted

Awakened my DK 2 nights ago, pretty powerful. Vastly superior to the basic weapon. Went from struggling at sausans to one shorting everything.