• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

fishing BDO - Margoria Fishing Guide

86 posts in this topic

Posted

Snow Cero should be Striped Bonito.

Posted

Snow Cero should be Striped Bonito.

Yes, I updated that on Wednesday. They love swapping that name around for a few months. No idea why:

25 January 2017 - Revised species name for Snowy Cero > Striped Bonito for Ross Sea - Light Blue zone. This name has swapped a number of times but is this for launch.

2 people like this

Posted

• Each weekly quest contains at least one harpoon species so some harpoon fishing will be required. They require a level 56 character with the required skill level

Thanks so much for the info. It saved me a LOT of time finding where to catch specific fish for these weekly quests.

By the way, although these say they require a level 56 character, I was able to accept and complete the Master I level quest on my level 54. 

Posted (edited)

BDO - Margoria -  Fish Species List  (Provisional)

Update

• 25 January 2017 - Revised species name for Snowy Cero > Striped Bonito for Ross Sea - Light Blue zone. This name has swapped a number of times but is this for launch.
  • 25 January 2017 - Updated harpoon species for missing blue and green species. Marlin, Sailfish, Cuttlefish in Magoria - Green zone.
  • 25 January 2017 - Added Beluga Whale and Cuttlefish to harpoon species for Vadabin Sea - Orange zone. (TBC) Thanks @@yabbadabbadoo.
  • 26 January 2017 - Added fish tooltip description for node connection to Trader in the General Notes section. Added note under General Notes regarding Port Ratt fishing being trash fish table and very slow casting.

Magoria (마고리아) - Green zone

Magoria (마고리아) - Yellow zone - West

Fishing species
Sunfish
Tilefish
Greater Amberjack

Black Marlin
Sailfish

Flounder
Scorpion Fish
Squid
Tongue Sole

Harpoon species
Hammer Whale
Albacove

Black Marlin
Swordfish

Cuttlefish

Just wanna suggest a correction :/. Sailfish on harpoon in Magoria Yellow zone - West rather than Swordfish. https://i.gyazo.com/e542619cbcb0dc6411e5939dbe796289.jpg https://i.gyazo.com/7412bb0d6fe33fb4dfc87305eb2d59eb.jpg 

Edited by aidlac
1 person likes this

Posted

Just wanna suggest a correction :/. Sailfish on harpoon in Magoria Yellow zone - West rather than Swordfish. https://i.gyazo.com/e542619cbcb0dc6411e5939dbe796289.jpg https://i.gyazo.com/7412bb0d6fe33fb4dfc87305eb2d59eb.jpg 

Thanks I literally was confirming this myself and waded through endless Cuttlefish as ever before I got a yellow to confirm which table it was. Given the apparent inclusion of Beluga Whale in Vadabin harpoon that may be different too. They may have mixed it up a bit. Still plenty of testing yet. Any other observations welcome. Updated.

3 people like this

Posted

Hey guys I am currently Looking for Tuna for the Weekly Quest... Juur Sea has no Tuna at all even with Harpoons... I have Tried Magoria  but I have not Recieved any yellow fish at all from harpoons.. I just want to know where to get this fish for the weekly quest... thanks.

Posted

Juur sea does have Tuna with harpooning, keep moving around, certain areas have different rates of yellows.  If youre losing patience you could go all the way back to lema island which has tuna hotspots for normal fishing.

Posted

Surfperch to Magoria west sea, rod fishing. 

Posted

Hey,

thanks for the Guide. Much appreciated. But one Question. I can´t sell the fishes from Margoria Sea for more than 30 % of the Value. I have connected all Nodes from Port Epheria up to Lema Island, Port Ratt, Mariul, Nada and Zagam Island. I can´t imagine that i have to discover all the Margoria Sea Area to get the max Price. Any Ideas?

Posted (edited)

Hey,

thanks for the Guide. Much appreciated. But one Question. I can´t sell the fishes from Margoria Sea for more than 30 % of the Value. I have connected all Nodes from Port Epheria up to Lema Island, Port Ratt, Mariul, Nada and Zagam Island. I can´t imagine that i have to discover all the Margoria Sea Area to get the max Price. Any Ideas?

You have to discover the specific part of the Margoria Sea you were fishing in. It's split into sections, if you sail your boat to the nearest 0 CP marker (as shown on somethinglovely.net) you'll be able to sell at full price and get distance bonus.

Added bonus: the text from the new Margoria Sea nodes, from somethinglovely.net:

To trade items fished/gathered at this node at full price you must have this node uncovered and either:
a) an unbroken path of connections must must exist from the node, via discovered ocean nodes, to Port Ratt and then Port ratt must be connected via invested nodes to the trade destination, or:
b) an unbroken path of connections must must exist from the node, via discovered ocean nodes, to Lema Island and then Lema Island must be connected via invested nodes to the trade destination

Edited by seanas
fixed links
2 people like this

Posted

You have to discover the specific part of the Margoria Sea you were fishing in. It's split into sections, if you sail your boat to the nearest 0 CP marker (as shown on somethinglovely.net) you'll be able to sell at full price and get distance bonus.

Added bonus: the text from the new Margoria Sea nodes, from somethinglovely.net:

Thanks Mate. I´ll try that. Got the Compass from the Questline so I think it´ll be not too difficult to find the Sector Nodes.

Posted (edited)

Fam sets it out as I found it.

All fish tooltips have had additional text added which gives the basics, though doesn't really make clear quite how players are supposed to connect across multiple ocean sea nodes, which is described above:

If you want to sell fishes caught in the ocean for fair prices, you must connect the nodes between Lema Island and your point of sale. You also need to discover the areas near the fish’s origin.

This is a little misleading as it only applies to the new Margoria expansion ocean area, not existing seas (the confusion of having a sea called Margoria and seemingly two ocean areas now) which work as they did previously.

The other point to bear in mind is that from testing, it is confirmed that it is the nearest node to the location the fish was caught dictates the distance bonus to the trader. This means that fish caught with the same Origin, unlike in old sea areas where each sea has an Origin node (i.e. Rameda Island for Seas of Peyon), fish from the new ocean sea areas can have the same Origin but differing distance bonuses (not relevant for Imperial Trading).

It looks like this is a direct distance calculation from the nearest connected sea node to the trader. Therefore a fish in the far west of Margoria will have a different distance bonus than on from the far east end, to Epheria, for example.

Example of varying distance bonuses for fish from the same sea area of Margoria.

bdo-margoria-differing distance bonus.png

Edited by Moonraker
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm doing the weekly for the Epheria Boat Design,- Professional.

It says I need Blackfin Sea Bass, anyone seen any of these?

Thanks.

Never mind, the quest has a typo, it's supposed to be Blackfin Sea Perch

Edited by CosmicSynergy

Posted (edited)

i just harpooned a giant squid out of vadabin sea somewhere next to Mariul Island

i think its extremely rare... this thing was like 320k each...

Edited by Pathing

Posted

Got Giant Squid in the Vadabin Sea area

nvm just saw note at bottom said it available in all area

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm doing the weekly for the Epheria Boat Design,- Professional.

It says I need Blackfin Sea Bass, anyone seen any of these?

Thanks.

Never mind, the quest has a typo, it's supposed to be Blackfin Sea Perch

Sadly text errors do get through sometimes. I suggest to always check the quest in BDDatabase as they have the Conditions drop down which will show the actual species required. Always good to avoid wasted efforts before starting.

i just harpooned a giant squid out of vadabin sea somewhere next to Mariul Island

i think its extremely rare... this thing was like 320k each...

Yes, I have a note on Luvar and Giant Squid via harpooning in the General Notes section. They both have a rare chance to drop in any Margoria sea areas, like Coelacanth and Sperm Whales in existing ocean waters:

• Luvar (f) and Giant Squid (h) available in all open water ocean areas (like existing Coelacanth (f) and Sperm whale (h)).
Edited by Moonraker
2 people like this

Posted

Bit off-topic but @Moonraker, gotten any Bottle with a note from harpooning? Supposedly only available from Harpoon fishing (not sure if all seas, only ross sea, only seas where map is unavailable or all the "new" seas). 

Posted

I can't even get to the Margoria Sea in my own boat for catching the albacove due to the monsters/ships. The section to the north east on the map isn't correct - I've been all over that part and it's all Juur Sea.

Posted

So far, I've been able to clear/discover all the western and central ocean nodes. Is it just me or do the battleships and sea monsters seem to clear out significantly once you've cleared the nodes?  It sure seems like there are less and less obstacles now that I've discovered them.

Posted

Bit off-topic but @Moonraker, gotten any Bottle with a note from harpooning? Supposedly only available from Harpoon fishing (not sure if all seas, only ross sea, only seas where map is unavailable or all the "new" seas). 

Nope and I don't believe they are implemented yet, along with other things in KR but not with us yet.

I think, given the much increased fishing and harpooning activity since Margoria launch (quests, guild quests, more sea activity) we would have seen at least one post on one being found.

It's possible they are restricted to an area not being harpoon fished much currently because of this, like Valencia seas where the map is located. But I would still expect to have seen one drop and posted by now in the region. Of course tomorrow someone will and that would be cool. Otherwise we will probably need to wait for future content.

I can't even get to the Margoria Sea in my own boat for catching the albacove due to the monsters/ships. The section to the north east on the map isn't correct - I've been all over that part and it's all Juur Sea.

You can also harpoon Albacove in Seas of Nox around Lema Island also as an option out of deep ocean. Same goes for other existing species, there are options in older ocean seas.

The map indicates areas of the particular fish table, not the extent of the actual sea itself. These are necessarily approximate which you can apreciate given the scale of the new ocean area.

In some places the fish table extends over the indicated borders which are only approximations I assume so the only sure way is to fish and check the fish table species to be sure.

The area indicated for Margoria Yellow zone East seems wrong as the fish table shown is mostly the same as Magoria Yellow zone West for most of the area. But it does seem to overlap on the far NE part hence the reference I think. I added a note for this a few days ago on the appropriate entry:

Note: Same harpoon table as Juur Sea. This appears to be only in the north-east corner, not in the western area generally.

So far, I've been able to clear/discover all the western and central ocean nodes. Is it just me or do the battleships and sea monsters seem to clear out significantly once you've cleared the nodes?  It sure seems like there are less and less obstacles now that I've discovered them.

I have cleared the whole Margoria ocean sea areas for a few days and find it is much the same. 

It does vary as the pirates seem to be  random spawns and despawn over time and not always there. The floating debris also randomly spawns and respawns. I had one spawn on top of my boat while fishing once which was weird.

The monster locations are fixed I believe, like the Humpback Whales in older seas, especially the smaller sea monsters such as the Hekaru act the same as them. The larger monsters such as the Nineshark have longer patrol routes but don't move from them. I assume when killed they respawn after a set time. I am not sure if they have a random chance to spawn in different locations or are always in set places. I think the later.

2 people like this

Posted

Nope and I don't believe they are implemented yet, along with other things in KR but not with us yet.

I think, given the much increased fishing and harpooning activity since Margoria launch (quests, guild quests, more sea activity) we would have seen at least one post on one being found.

It's possible they are restricted to an area not being harpoon fished much currently because of this, like Valencia seas where the map is located. But I would still expect to have seen one drop and posted by now in the region. Of course tomorrow someone will and that would be cool. Otherwise we will probably need to wait for future content.

There has actually been a thread about it xDhttp://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/128899-golden-treasure-chest/ This has made me curious about which zone/area(s) can give it O.o 

Posted

There has actually been a thread about it xDhttp://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/128899-golden-treasure-chest/ This has made me curious about which zone/area(s) can give it O.o 

Thanks, had not seen that yet today. Guess the search and tinfoil starts now ;) I would guess it is low chance harpooning but it is not clear from that were.

Maybe we make a new thread for it to avoid going OT here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks, had not seen that yet today. Guess the search and tinfoil starts now ;) I would guess it is low chance harpooning but it is not clear from that were.

Maybe we make a new thread for it to avoid going OT here.

Yeah sorry for the off-topic :P Just figured it might pique your interest. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah sorry for the off-topic :P Just figured it might pique your interest. 

Oh it does ;)

2 people like this