• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This year mmo list looks dull

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Last year there was absolutely nothing. But for this year:

http://www.mmorpg.com/games-list/show/development/sCol/hype/sOrder/desc

Dark and Light: Not mmo. Just regular survival game coming 2018.. Outstanding graphics and potentially combat.

Chronicles of Elyria: I don't think combat will be good. It looks like it's made specifically for rpg players only. Prolly released 2018 too.

Pantheon: Same as Elyria. Specifically made for rpg players with too simplistic combat. Graphics look outdated too.

Crowfall: Looks like cheap f2p you get bored in 1-month. Not very eye pleasant eather.

Darkfall: Graphics straight from 80s. Combat looks dull.

Camelot Unchained: Graphics straight from 80s. Combat looks dull.

After playing 8-years of wow on/off I'm getting burned out on it and it's so outdated too. This game would be amazing if it didn't lack proper pve and pvp content. Combat/Graphs/Enverioment is just 10/10 but grinding 10 hour same boring mobs and having unbalanced pvp with no proper competive enverioment is just meh.

Maybe I want too much I don't know..

1 person likes this

Posted

MMO is pretty much a dead genre.

3 people like this

Posted

MMO is pretty much a dead genre.

LOTRO developer Turbine, for instance, trashed all 3 of their MMOs and are now concenrating only on mobile games. Mobile games and MOBAs - beautiful prospects for the future.

I do believe that MMOs are kind of killing themselves tho.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Camelot Unchained might be after release the only game ill look since ive played Dark Age of Camelot. That is a game designed to fight 500 player battles without lag. The graphic might not be BDO style but they have their own engine and the gameis built around PVP

geez, you are wow junkie. everything you pick you are comparing to wow. i play mmo for 20 y and BDO is amazing...and Camelot Unchained might be wicked sick :D

Edited by Elite
2 people like this

Posted

Dark and Light: Not mmo. Just regular survival game coming 2018.. Outstanding graphics and potentially combat.

Chronicles of Elyria: I don't think combat will be good. It looks like it's made specifically for rpg players only. Prolly released 2018 too.

Pantheon: Same as Elyria. Specifically made for rpg players with too simplistic combat. Graphics look outdated too.

Crowfall: Looks like cheap f2p you get bored in 1-month. Not very eye pleasant eather.

After playing 8-years of wow on/off I'm getting burned out on it and it's so outdated too. This game would be amazing if it didn't lack proper pve and pvp content. Combat/Graphs/Enverioment is just 10/10 but grinding 10 hour same boring mobs and having unbalanced pvp with no proper competive enverioment is just meh.

I agree with you. What's up with all these new games coming with awful cartoony rainbows and flowers and super saturated colors and graphics ? Give me gritty realism, atmosphere, mystery and gore !

I hate the RNG and grind and balance in bdo, but overall, no MMO is even close imho. I love the combat and atmosphere and gorgeous realistic visuals a lot.

1 person likes this

Posted

If it's pvp you want, stick to actual pvp games, "for honor" is just around the corner, you can't cheese your way through gear with that one. As for MMOs and MOBAs this year I'm waiting for Lost Ark and MXM.

Posted

Although not exactly relevant to this topic; the very notion that the MMORPG landscape is not as pleasant as it once was- is what prompted me to take another look at BDO again.

That and some help from a certain video detailing the turn-around BDO has undergone; i have been reading a lot of positives things, and i just feel like there has been a hole in my MMO-heart since leaving BDO last year.

And so far nothing has even come close to filling said hole.

Posted

Its hard to please people since 2k16 - 2k17 are mostly the years where everyone gets offended by anything nowdays and getting punished for something absurd or ridiculous will slowly kill you mood in playing such games where you will always find these kinds of people and you're going to be stuck at "Maybe this is going to be better"  when a few years back none of this ever happend , yes there was still people behaving chaotic and get punished but it wasn't so many cry babies get offended on every little thing that doesn't suit them.

But thats just imo , tee-hee.

Posted

Gee, maybe you do.

Posted

mmo is dead. All indie games.

Posted

Is For Honor equalized? Like no gear, no levels? That would be fun

Posted

Lost Ark looks like it would be fun, haven't played an ARPG game like that in a while.

Posted

I do believe that MMOs are kind of killing themselves tho.

Exactly! They just want as much money as possible really fast and care less of the players.

Posted

Is For Honor equalized? Like no gear, no levels? That would be fun

I believe there is some sort of progression, but skill is definitely the deciding factor in the game. Think of Chivalry and unlocking the weapons in that game.

Keep in mind though For Honor is not an MMO, but an arena brawler. It does look fun still, and I'm eagerly waiting for its release. It's a true PvP game with no grind2win shit.

Posted

My favorite part of this thread is the way almost every player in it is complaining about not just this game but the entire genre to which this game belongs.

If you don't want to play a modern MMORPG, nobody is making you play one.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lineage Eternal

Bless Online

Revelation Online

Not saying they'll be good but you kind of left off the 3 biggest ones at least for me.  Interesting to see what Lineage Eternal brings to the table.  Lineage II is the best MMO of all time afterall.

Posted

Arent some of those games still in Alpha phase or something like that? That  might explain why the  graphics aren't updated yet. 

Posted

Lineage Eternal

Bless Online

Revelation Online

Not saying they'll be good but you kind of left off the 3 biggest ones at least for me.  Interesting to see what Lineage Eternal brings to the table.  Lineage II is the best MMO of all time afterall.

Revelation online is a themepark lobby game.

Posted

Wow sucked.  Dark Age of Camelot was great.  I look forward to Camelot Unchained.  At least they have a clue about large scale pvp.  Crow Fall?  We shall see.  

Net, don't compared everything to that pos WoW.  It's like comparing decent restaurants to McDonalds.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lineage Eternal

Bless Online

Revelation Online

Bless is being hosted by Aeria - Prepare for massive P2W.

Revelation is being hosted by My.com - Prepare for either massive P2W or massive server problems.

Lineage eternal - Top down fixed perspective so isnt for me.

Chronicles of Elyria is a lot more than a combat game. It will have MMO elements but also have RPG elements. Personally im looking forward to it because i plan on being an assassin and killing people for money :)

Pantheon and Crowfall i agree with you, there just doesnt seem anything in them to get excited about.

Camelot i think its just too soon to tell. Could be great, could be terrible - guess we will just wait and see.

Posted (edited)

After playing 8-years of wow

wait...and you're calling every other game's Combat "dull" ?!?!

PS:  Unchained's combat is SUPPOSED to be slowed down because it's not a meatgrinder like what passes for "modern PVP" these days.  It's a tactical sandbox with suspense build up to every fight and every component of its combat is essentially real-time Projectile physics based and targeted at SPECIFIC PARTS of the target's Body which you do need less janky character movement in order to facilitate..  ...think Mechawarrior, assuming you weren't too young to even remember what that shit was all about.   No it's not intended to be arcade like.  It's supposed to be a thinking man's GVG without the tab-target hand holding or oversized collision hulls like all Blizzard games

PPS:  For Honor is going to be a massive DarkSouls tier success .. it's just not an MMO, it's a Lobby RPG like WarFrame & BNS

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

You also have moonlight blade coming to the west, but yeah no idea if its this year.

And yeah, the "mmo" genre start to fade away, but guess, that's devs fault for mostly doing crap p2w - grindfest without really anything else interesting to do. And so far, mmo genre barely evolved since so many years...  So ofc, players start to get bored doing the same thing over and over and over again but just looking at different game skin.

Even wushu2 is going to take the road of the random survival... Thoses empty games kinda start to be a cancer.

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm just surprised by all the people that sound like they're ready to jump ships with MMOs every 2 months... 

2 people like this

Posted

Since ~2004 where was released in west L2, WoW and EVE there is no other great MMORPG. So in fact MMO genre is dead from very long time.

Posted

We're starting to see the effects of publishers treating their MMO's as quick cash grabs. Players are more hesitant to try out and invest in a new MMO because they expect these tactics now. The genre is dying and we can thank the publishers for that..

2 people like this