• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Back to the game, need advice on class/gear

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I came back to the game after a long break.

I started playing as soon as the game launched, and stopped playing around the time musa was released.

---------

I've made a ranger when I started playing.

I am not interested in playing 5 classes, and grinding levels,gear for 5 characters. I want to focus on one class that can do it all,farm,pvp,bosses(and emphasis on pvp).

Anyways, back when I played Sorc was the best class. Ranger was the second best. Now that we have awakenings and +16... gear, I've noticed talk about the fact that rangers got the worst awakening.

Which class is currently strongest for pvp and pve farming?

----

Anyways, is grunil still a good set for rangers? Is yuria,liverto,kazarka best bows? Which daggers are best, which accessories? (ive attached a picture, please suggest something reasonable I can aim for now)

This is what I have, I've got 5 pages of gift mail from the server after comming back. I've got that 37mill ring that Im wearing, and I got 75M cash,and I have the stuff that I'm wearing.

Any advice on how to best spend my money to maximize the effectiveness of my 75M(which specific set to buy,accessories,which dagger?), to upgrade my gear so I could level up, and farm better spots? Or is ranger trash tier now, and I am better off re rolling for a different class?

Screenshot_30.png

Posted (edited)

Group at Sausans till you hit 300-400mill, and buy a TRI zaka.  Then save up for a TRI blue awakening weapon.  Then either upgrade your armor yourself or buy TRI armor at 80mill / piece.  A TRI damage offhand is about 120 mill 8which you can pick up any time.  I'd go in that order.

Edited by Strates

Posted

Ranger is still one of the best classes ingame, no idea who you've been talking to, only a little weak in mass pvp compared to the likes of witches. But for grinding and small scale they are still insanely strong.

1 person likes this

Posted

im not a ranger but from what i know ranger is still fine especially in PVE,
about gear there are same basic rules that works for every classes based on if u can afford some gear or not :
grunil is ok but if you can afford boss gear get it and bring it to at least TRI (+18),
same for kzarka weap if u can afford it go for TRI kzarka  otherwise get a TRI liverto (much cheaper).
witch and shadow are good but expensive as well some people are going with blue/red coral accessories because they are less expensive to enchant :)

PS. you have to build failstacks in order to get TRI gear because if you don't know after DUO if you fail you lose an enchant example if you fail DUO to TRI your gear go back to PRI,this is actually the harder part because is all decided by RNG system as everything in this game,GOOD LUCK! and welcome back ;)

Posted

Both Ranger and Sorc have nice awakenings, it really depends on your play style.

I have 6 classes at 56 and awakened and I'm working on gearing them up. I think the most underwhelming awakening is the Valk. I prefer her pre-awakening playstyle.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0