• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance January 25th

168 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

^^

SEND US YOUR INDEX FINGER SO WE CAN CONFIRM 

THIS IS NORMAL THIS IS OUR RIGHT TO REQUEST TY 

SINCIRECLY PAYMENTWALL

i thought they would ask for the first born?? seems more in line with the route they've been taken ;) 
well at least there is one entity that would be proud of their beheaviour.. maybe 2, not sure how EA are looking these days ;P 

Edited by Fredi Urea Kami Uour

Posted

you already -----ed up the game, alienated the community, pissed on god knows how many laws and normal business practices and angered nearly everyone still playing and everyone who left.

lol... Wasn't Salt supposed to be odourless? Why is this post stinking so much :D?

Posted

nerf Warrior

nerf Valk

nerf Ninja

nerf Kuno

nerf Tamer

nerf Giant

nerf Blader

nerf Plum

nerf Ranger

buff Wizard

nerf Witch

nerf Sorc

and nerf twice wizard :)

BUFF SORC

Posted

Why does it take 6 hours every week just for few updates to be applied?

Or are they doing something else, like changing hardware stuffs etc.?

to start, servers take a whole lot longer to reboot than a pc. when you're dealing with 4+ independent multicore cpu's and easily 100+ gb ram, these things literally take minutes just to post, let alone fully boot. after a reboot and subsequent time to copy/move the huge amounts of data, there's the verification process that must be undergone to ensure all the data's proper placement and full engine integration. sandbox style games generally take a bit longer to implement, load, test, etc since it's an "all-in-one" package. i.e. there's no separation from area to area or map to map, to test individual sections like running a program in sandboxie, just like how so much of the game is loaded before needed (client side)

---at this point i'd like to add that i hope some kind of testing is done during this offline time, like the team actually logging in to make sure it wasn't gamebreaking and things are where they're supposed to be.

You had your sorc buff in last patch allready boyo!

MReUtDv.png

nXGR7c9.pngSorceress
While wearing the Le Vladian underwear and in combat stance, the issue where some graphics textures were clipping through has been fixed.

glitch/bug fix =/= buff.. O.o

BUg Fix doesn't get a short hand, like can not becomes can't, BUg Fix doesn't become BUF cuz you say or type fast

(2 cent)

Posted

L2TAEZ2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Waiting for the extended maintenance post.......

Posted

to start, servers take a whole lot longer to reboot than a pc. when you're dealing with 4+ independent multicore cpu's and easily 100+ gb ram, these things literally take minutes just to post, let alone fully boot. after a reboot and subsequent time to copy/move the huge amounts of data, there's the verification process that must be undergone to ensure all the data's proper placement and full engine integration. sandbox style games generally take a bit longer to implement, load, test, etc since it's an "all-in-one" package. i.e. there's no separation from area to area or map to map, to test individual sections like running a program in sandboxie, just like how so much of the game is loaded before needed (client side)

---at this point i'd like to add that i hope some kind of testing is done during this offline time, like the team actually logging in to make sure it wasn't gamebreaking and things are where they're supposed to be.

Yeah I do understand that server reboot takes time, but not that long. In company where I work as IT support (helpdesk), I'm the same office as other IT guys who handle servers. And those servers are used for every single credit card transaction in our country. Basicly every transaction made in this country goes trough that server. And when rebooting it or doing anything, it's never offline for more than 2 hours. And sometimes they need to transfer and backup few 100TB of data in all that time. Sure there are back up servers located around the country when this is happening so everything works as it should.

But it takes 2 hours to reboot, move 100TB or more data, check it, and check if everything is working.

That's why it seems odd to me that it takes 6 hours for simple game server to reboot and do few updates.

2 people like this

Posted

So excited woooO! :DD

Posted

It literally says on the item itself 'this item will disappear after the event'. 

Tbf, on their twitter they specifically said that the event items WON'T disappear. Someone even asked them if they didn't mean that it WILL disappear and they said it won't :/.

Posted

Yeah I do understand that server reboot takes time, but not that long. In company where I work as IT support (helpdesk), I'm the same office as other IT guys who handle servers. And those servers are used for every single credit card transaction in our country. Basicly every transaction made in this country goes trough that server. And when rebooting it or doing anything, it's never offline for more than 2 hours. And sometimes they need to transfer and backup few 100TB of data in all that time. Sure there are back up servers located around the country when this is happening so everything works as it should.

But it takes 2 hours to reboot, move 100TB or more data, check it, and check if everything is working.

That's why it seems odd to me that it takes 6 hours for simple game server to reboot and do few updates.

eeeevery transaction? i wonder how many times per day they utilize their right to request DNA samples and fetuses to confirm purchases

Posted

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 25.01.2017 

Duration: 6hServer Down:Server Up:
Global09:00 UTC15:00 UTC
West Coast (NA)01:00 PST07:00 PST
East Coast (NA)04:00 EST10:00 EST
Central (EU)10:00 CET16:00 CET

Reasons:

• Margoria Expansion
  • Margoria Launch Events
  • Pearl Shop Sale. Save up to 30% on selected items.

Note:

• Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our forum after the maintenance.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up2date.
Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
BDO Team

Ok, its 20minutes before uptime. Let's announce that delay.

Posted

we are prepared (for the delay)

Posted (edited)

Lavientias Event extended ** Updated [1/4/2017] ** the topic

Greetings adventurers,

There is a current issue, preventing Lavientia event items from dropping.
This led to players being not able to acquire the amount of rewards we intended. 

Therefore we decided to extend the event. The drop problem can unfortunately not be fixed during this weeks maintenance.
This means you will only get the daily rewards during the next week (January 4th- 11th) but after that there will be two more weeks with daily rewards plus the chance to loot Lavientia items from monsters and as well as getting them from fishing, gathering etc.

The event will end with maintenance on 25th of January.

Your BDO team

But you said the Laventia Items will disappear after Maintenance.
It doesn't say that in the Announcement, unless you meant something else.

I feel for everyone who didn't read the forums about the event as it said items will disappear on/after maintenance.. I feel for you as my pc been out of action for 2 weeks due to BSOD.. I am so missing my BDO fix and my pvp boss fights or node wars.. Hope everyone enjoys themselves when game comes up!!

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

Do we have a USUAL DELAY maintenance post? 

Posted

we are prepared (for the delay)

Or not? BDO.thumb.gif.ce5d5dfea7fd209f5d5c3c7bad

But keep in mind: their schedule is 10:00 - 16:00 17:00

Posted

Or not? BDO.thumb.gif.ce5d5dfea7fd209f5d5c3c7bad

But keep in mind: their schedule is 10:00 - 16:00 17:00

this gives me hope for a brighter future :P

Posted (edited)

what does the blue valuepack do? cant find anything online, even for the other versions or is it called differently?

100% increased item obtain chance every day for 1 hour.

it is in all versions of BDO on all other servers, dunno if it is on Taiwan server cause I don't know anybody that is currently playing there. 

Edit: why the ----- are people already complaining about delay? original time was set for 10 AM eastern, its 9:48 AM, they still have 10 minutes and some change... Relax.. lool. 

Edited by Mtl
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Ruffe

Posted

Looks like i came back to BDO just in time, for more content that i need to add to the endless list of stuff to catch up on.  xD

Awesome! 

Posted

Month to go till i finish my ship so i am bit careful with hype... :D

Posted

100% increased item obtain chance every day for 1 hour.

it is in all versions of BDO on all other servers, dunno if it is on Taiwan server cause I don't know anybody that is currently playing there. 

Edit: why the ----- are people already complaining about delay? original time was set for 10 AM eastern, its 9:48 AM, they still have 10 minutes and some change... Relax.. lool. 

Can you post a bddatabase page of this value pack? I cant find it

Posted (edited)

But you said the Laventia Items will disappear after Maintenance.It doesn't say that in the Announcement, unless you meant something else.

Yeah i meant the items will disappear as when you hovered over them it said "item will not remain after event is finished" or something like that.. Its 2am for me sorry

Edited by SumAussieCobber

Posted

They usually do that 5 minutes before the servers are due on line.

1 person likes this

Posted

...Bulf is skeptical...