• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma System is Perfect? Fact Sheet

112 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Most players would probably never come to the conclusion that the karma system is nearly perfect "as is".  Note: This is NOT an evaluation of PVP only the karma system.

Be Omniscient.  The PVP system needs to be designed for everyone so stop looking in the mirror and trying to base the needs of your selfish interests.

Fact: The penalty for being PK'd is minimal

Also Fact : The cost to PK is also minimal

You do NOT go negative karma for pking on Mediah with max karma

* It's possible to gain back the karma from a PK in LESS than 15 minutes

You can UNFLAG during combat

When a player returns to the area without bottling they CAN NOT attack the player who PK'd them (At the PKers choice, NOT the victim)

Players want to complain about "Karma Bombing" because they don't want to compete for areas.  However, what they are ACTUALLY advocating is the ability for them to REMOVE players from the area.  This issue is a two way street that includes both party defending AND party intrusion.  If you give people the ability to protect an area you ALSO give players the ability to force themselves into an area that is already "taken".

If you evalute this information thoroughly you may come to the same conclusion:  The current system isn't that bad.

Edited by Xpert
9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Most players would probably never come to the conclusion that the karma system is nearly perfect "as is".  Note: This is NOT an evaluation of PVP only the karma system.

Be Omniscient.  The PVP system needs to be designed for everyone so stop looking in the mirror and trying to base the needs of your selfish interests.

When a player returns to the area with bottling they CAN NOT attack the player who PK'd them (At the PKers choice, NOT the victim)

Players want to complain about "Karma Bombing" because they don't want to compete for areas.  However, what they are ACTUALLY advocating is the ability for them to REMOVE players from the area.  This issue is a two way street that includes both party defending AND party intrusion.  If you give people the ability to protect an area you ALSO give players the ability to force themselves into an area that is already "taken".

If you evaluation this information thoroughly you may come to the same conclusion:  The current system isn't that bad.

Yup happened with a guy named beersuuu.  Comes into my rotation at bandits that I had for hours.  Kills me not a word.

So I come back start farming again, he proceeds to kill me some more.  Of course all his kills were out of no where full buffed so no real chance to defend myself.

The final time I came back he was negative and I was actually able to fight back.  He almost dies and runs away.  Then at Nouver kills me saying thats for karma bombing him.  Excuse me??  You came into my area and proceeded to be a ----- bag.  How am I at fault.

It's players like that who think they can just push people around because they want a spot thats occupied.  Now he kills guildies horses and other stuff like that so now I actively grief his guildies. 

This is just an example of the stupidity that happens with grinding and players in this game.

So did I karma bomb with the intention of griefing?  In my book no.  Someone came up trying to bully me out of a spot using under handed pvp tactics wasn't even a 1v1 just a hide out of range, buff up dash in (musa) flag, cc kill.  So of course im going to come back.

Edited by Lemonz
3 people like this

Posted

What about when there is a group of players doing a main rotation, and another player purposely interrupts the rotation killing mobs behind or ahead of you?

Posted

What about when there is a group of players doing a main rotation, and another player purposely interrupts the rotation killing mobs behind or ahead of you?

Id say they are wrong sure.

But maybe they just didn't know a group was there.  Sometimes its unintentional.  Which is where alot of conflict is born is because someone will just flag up and say nothing.  Then the other guy is pissed off because had you told them you are in our rotation they would have probably left or asked to join.  But when you PK out of nowhere you set the tone.

2 people like this

Posted

There is only one answer and you may not like it, but deal with it.

This is where the Omniscient aspect comes into play.

You CAN'T propose only 1 side of the equation.  If that party has the ability to crush that player, that also means the party can move into another player/parties areas and do the same.

Posted

You CAN'T propose only 1 side of the equation.  If that party has the ability to crush that player, that also means the party can move into another player/parties areas and do the same.

That is some backwards -----ing logic.

5 people like this

Posted

just re roll wizard and hit q if you see white dots on minimap.

2 people like this

Posted

Another fact:

IF you're a legit Player Killer you don't give a ----- about being red. Your crystals will break before your gear degrades IF you die. Good Player Killers don't -----ing die. Don't confuse crappy whining wannabe players with us real OG pkers please.

5 people like this

Posted

That is some backwards -----ing logic.

You meant to say "That is some bada$$ *$$@!ing Logic.

Posted

Another fact:

IF you're a legit Player Killer you don't give a ----- about being red. Your crystals will break before your gear degrades IF you die. Good Player Killers don't -----ing die. Don't confuse crappy whining wannabe players with us real OG pkers please.

no one does this 

1 person likes this

Posted

What ?

Also it has been advertise many times by devs that one of the reason to Flag/Dec is to fight for grind spots that was actualy their selling point about PVP so stop acting like victims when you die in a popular grind spot.

Posted (edited)

no one does this 

Correct.  Smart players don't need to go red to be effective.

What ?

Also it has been advertise many times by devs that one of the reason to Flag/Dec is to fight for grind spots that was actualy their selling point about PVP so stop acting like victims when you die in a popular grind spot.

In other games you can't cheese the system as easily.  If you PK a player you would be open to attack and thus giving players a better chance to retaliate.  In BDO you simply have surplus Karma so your white and unflagged when the player returns.

Just wait until the upcoming Anarchy Posts start if you think "It's a PVP game".

I'll be providing a list of effective methods to bring Anarchy to the game.  All of them acceptable, non exploitative, but very harmful to the game environment.

Edited by Xpert

Posted

Hmm, but you are the victim if someone else pks you with out your consent to engage in combat.  That is why the pker gets penalized for your murder..

Here is the definition I'm going by (this is not to insult your intelligence but only for clarification):

victim - a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

Posted

Another fact:

This is one of those Alternative Facts

3 people like this

Posted

When a player returns to the area without bottling they CAN NOT attack the player who PK'd them (At the PKers choice, NOT the victim)

The penalty for being PK'd is none existent.  It used to be somewhat harsh for high lvls to get insta killed and lose 1% I can agree but right now there is almost nothing u can do to stop someone from coming back.  It's been said many times but a respawn to town for the person being killed after x kills or a penalty for dying 5 times within 30 mins or something is a nice half way solution.

Not sure what you mean with not going negative karma in Mediah? 0_o

The Valencia system is even more retarded, you unequip your gear let someone kill you, then while they have the desert debuff you 1 shot ulti them and send them to jail.

Since there is no penalty for dying imho there should be no karma.  If you get pushed out so be it.  Call for guild help or find somewhere else.

Posted (edited)

Hmm, but you are the victim if someone else pks you with out your consent to engage in combat.  That is why the pker gets penalized for your murder..

Here is the definition I'm going by (this is not to insult your intelligence but only for clarification):

victim - a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

That's not really how it works.  It's all gray area.

You essentially "consent to some degree" to play an Open World PVP game.

The penalty for being PK'd is none existent.  It used to be somewhat harsh for high lvls to get insta killed and lose 1% I can agree but right now there is almost nothing u can do to stop someone from coming back.  It's been said many times but a respawn to town for the person being killed after x kills or a penalty for dying 5 times within 30 mins or something is a nice half way solution.

Not sure what you mean with not going negative karma in Mediah? 0_o

The Valencia system is even more retarded, you unequip your gear let someone kill you, then while they have the desert debuff you 1 shot ulti them and send them to jail.

Since there is no penalty for dying imho there should be no karma.  If you get pushed out so be it.  Call for guild help or find somewhere else.

That's a wonderful idea.  And this is how your idea would work if implemented.

When I get full Karma I search for a victim to PK them.  I generally look for players soloing and especially ones with a slower kill speed.  I knock them down and they never get up.  They are blasted with damage that would kill them 4x's over.  It's not challenge at all and they haven't done anything wrong.  I just like to slap them in face because I am disgusted with the developers.

Your system would penalize them ever more and make me considerably more powerful so I can trash people even harder.

Thanks for the great idea.

And don't think you're exempt.

Edited by Xpert
2 people like this

Posted

That's not really how it works.  It's all gray area.

You essentially "consent to some degree" to play an Open World PVP game.

Yes, you consent to "play" an Open World PvP game but the game also has limitations on the PvP and penalizes players that PK other players that don't consent to PvP by flagging red.  It's not a grey area at all.

All Open World PvP means is that the PvP isn't limited to instances such as Red Battlefield.

Posted

Honestly I never like the idea of PK. Right it is there for... realism, immersion, fuk off my turf, I hate you, die die die... Yet there is no PVE content in this game beside braindead grinding. Everyone want for themselves so the devs put PK to spice the whole things up.

It should be a better way to approach this, such as PVE dungeon to leveling in party so that not everyone go out on the spots to kill everything. Nah... it's late and I am tired so whatever...

2 people like this

Posted

just re roll wizard and hit q if you see white dots on minimap.

Umm, what do you think q does?....

Posted (edited)

Umm, what do you think q does?....

shift q, protected area

q, magical shield IV.

you will be more tanky than a zerker with 300dp.

once you pvp enough you will have to learn what each class is capable of and know when do dodge or escape.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

In awakened stance, Q is grab, though I do have magical shield hotkeyed to 1.

Shift-Q is on a 3 min cooldown. Pretty sure that isn't OP.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've never liked the current system, however, the old system wasn't any better. In fact since returning(and no longer being on an equal footing with most) I can see how terrible the old system used to be now compared to the current(ie those in stronger positions halting/removing the progress of those trying to catch up).

With that said, I'm curious just how exaggerated this "karma bombing issue" is. I'm a no life grinder and a hardcore pvper, so If you show up to my spot there's no way I'm going to step aside and give it to anyone. Main reasons being odds are I'll still be there by the time you leave and running from a fight is just not something that I do(if nothing else it helps me improve on my movement even if I can't kill). PvP XP penalty or not, I'll be showing right back up and killing mobs. After all, the silver is more important than the xp and I have no problem slowing it up for everyone if they choose to force me into that position. I understand there might be a few griefers intentionally trying to karma bomb someone, however I've yet to experience this. Now if we're talking about the amount of times that someone has tried to claim an entire spawn(regardless of how easy it may be to split) then I could be here all day.

Posted

If you evalute this information thoroughly you may come to the same conclusion:  The current system isn't that bad.

Learn to share.  for well adjusted people, the system is perfect as is.

Posted

How do you tell they are purposefully ruining your rotation, and not simply playing the game?

Posted

Yes, you consent to "play" an Open World PvP game but the game also has limitations on the PvP and penalizes players that PK other players that don't consent to PvP by flagging red.  It's not a grey area at all.

All Open World PvP means is that the PvP isn't limited to instances such as Red Battlefield.

by doing the Blemon quest that allows you to level past 49.999, you are consenting to all OW PVP from that point forward.
That quest is a contract you are making with the game saying that you are prepared for PVP.
Once you do that quest, you've signed a contract consenting to all future PVP. 
There is no if-ands-or-buts about it. Period. End of story. 

1 person likes this