• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Keep Trade Rolling or unfair

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi. I've never trade rolled because they've never officially released a statement saying it was ok to do or an exploit that would lead to banning you. There has been a screenshot floating around of a GM saying it was ok to do, that they'd just laugh at you, but that's it. So if this is the case, it should not be removed.

Removing it now would only give an advantage in the trading game towards those who already did it, it would punish those who did not look to 'exploit' it for personal gain in fear of a ban.

Keep it alive or allow those who didn't take advantage of it an actual chance and give us a month to do it with an official statement giving the ok.

I'm assuming any counter argument would be done by someone who had either taken advantage of this mechanic or did the infinite stacking on mounts. ;)

So they nerfed the xp from trades within 500 meters today, February 15, 2017.

Edited by Kymaera
nerfed 500 meters added

Posted

What do you expect, GM telling you that you can do it?

And this is how lazy nabs become angry nabs when nerf comes, even when nerf was public since weekS ago... This is also how people piss on them cause noone gave them permission to go to toilet.

You have 16 hours. LUL.

Posted

I'm assuming any counter argument would be done by someone who had either taken advantage of this mechanic or did the infinite stacking on mounts. ;)

You're assuming incorrectly. I'd like to see them shut this down and I don't use exploits because--crazy, I know--my integrity is in fact worth more than a boost in the rate at which I earn pretend money in a video game.

Apparently many people on these forums are willing to give away their integrity for such a boost, which I find both surprising and pathetic.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Actually a gm did directly address this in a support thread that was posted over a week ago. It boiled down to, no, it's not and exploit, and yes, they will laugh at you for how funny you look fat-rolling around.

But also, yes, fat-rollers have the last laugh in +50% trade income from master 2 desert trade buff.

So roll away, you're all good until the eventual KR nerf.

Edit: the post debunking this:

Sans_titre.png

from

Better start rolling.

Edited by Thelle

Posted (edited)

You're assuming incorrectly. I'd like to see them shut this down and I don't use exploits because--crazy, I know--my integrity is in fact worth more than a boost in the rate at which I earn pretend money in a video game.

Apparently many people on these forums are willing to give away their integrity for such a boost, which I find both surprising and pathetic.

Integrity, LOL. And probably is said by a person spending 100 dollars a week to get silver ingame... Can't laugh harder...

Integrity... Comedy GOLD.

Who is more pathetic, someone buying their rise with cash or someone that works hard for hours days in something... Top kek mate.

Edited by crosspath

Posted (edited)

Life must be hard for you

Edited by tallywacker

Posted

I agree with this - its also sort of satisfying seeing all the rollers stuck at TM lvl 2 cause they have no clue what they are actually doing. 

I suspect things about that Dresden message but whatever - Kakao is going to do what it does.  That mainstream jungle monkey crew of band wagoners will mess up every aspect of the game until its completely unplayable either way.

Posted

I agree with this - its also sort of satisfying seeing all the rollers stuck at TM lvl 2 cause they have no clue what they are actually doing. 

I suspect things about that Dresden message but whatever - Kakao is going to do what it does.  That mainstream jungle monkey crew of band wagoners will mess up every aspect of the game until its completely unplayable either way.

didn't you roll to master 2 trading?

Posted

Removing it now would only give an advantage in the trading game towards those who already did it

What? What advantage? There is only one benefit to trading and that's the buff you get at Master 2, which isn't difficult to hit. If someone is willing to spend their time smashing the keyboard as they roll around then let them. Meanwhile I can watch a TV show whilst trundling about on my wagon.

It's probably an exploit, but the horse weight exploit is A LOT worse as it allows someone to earn upwards of 100 million a day, in fact it is only limited by the amount of time they want to spend on gathering. 

2 people like this

Posted

Do you decide what an exploit is or do the game developers? You think they couldn't fix or disallow both of these things if they wanted ? Just take a look at how they handled shoveling, items were disabled to stop the exploit and people were permabanned. Meanwhile the video of the streamer that helped to make this method known is update for more than one month and a half and most of the community has known about it for a month. If that's not implicit permission to do it I don't know what is.

Active trading by itself doesn't give same level of income per hour as grinding or even other lifeskills, getting Master 2 is a time and money investment for long term, to for example boost passive income (crates) or pirate coins by +50%. Getting to Master3 by selling either of those things may take some time, but if it makes you happy, good ! Then everyone is happy ^^

Posted

didn't you roll to master 2 trading?

Heck no. When rolling started I was already Artisan 9.  I stopped trading all together for a while.

Posted

They see me rolling, they hating~ comes to mind

1 person likes this

Posted

Integrity, LOL. And probably is said by a person spending 100 dollars a week to get silver ingame... Can't laugh harder...
Integrity... Comedy GOLD.

You are assuming, and your assumption is incorrect. I haven't resold anything I've bought in the cash shop on the marketplace for gold--and I've spent less than $50 in the cash shop since I joined the game. The bulk was spent on costumes, in case you were wondering.

Who is more pathetic, someone buying their rise with cash or someone that works hard for hours days in something... Top kek mate.

Let's unpack your question to make it more honest, since apparently you think exploiters are working super hard instead of abusing a bug to avoid the much larger amount of work intended by the actual design.

Which is more pathetic, someone buying their rise with cash or someone shortcutting their rise through an exploit?

My answer is: I don't care, because they're both pretty pathetic.

Posted (edited)

You are assuming, and your assumption is incorrect. I haven't resold anything I've bought in the cash shop on the marketplace for gold--and I've spent less than $50 in the cash shop since I joined the game. The bulk was spent on costumes, in case you were wondering.

Let's unpack your question to make it more honest, since apparently you think exploiters are working super hard instead of abusing a bug to avoid the much larger amount of work intended by the actual design.

Which is more pathetic, someone buying their rise with cash or someone shortcutting their rise through an exploit?

My answer is: I don't care, because they're both pretty pathetic.

You are the one assuming cause GMs said that is not an exploit, so stop the crying...

And again if something were an exploit, it would be rolling on max weight, and that seems to be not possible to be fixed, so they will remove short distance xp maybe tomorrow

Edited by crosspath

Posted

ill give u my left ttesticle if you give me 5 bils.

Posted (edited)

Dont bullsh1t, i  will never believe that you never overweight your horse... And i not mean only moving horse- horse staying on grind spot overweight with trash items is exploit too :)

if you for example grind at sausan and when you are overweight you put on your horse/wagon more then their limit (160 or 200+LT), even if  its just 300 LT- its exopliting in same wayc as rolling :)

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

You are the one assuming cause GMs said that is not an exploit, so stop the crying...
And again if something were an exploit, it would be rolling on max weight, and that seems to be not possible to be fixed, so they will remove short distance xp maybe tomorrow

Got a GM quote on that one, or are you conflating "we won't ban people for doing this until we fix it" with "it's not an exploit"?

If it wasn't an exploit, they wouldn't be removing short distance EXP to make doing it an even bigger pain in the butt than simply doing trade routes as intended--and they are.

Not every exploit is such a game-breaking catastrophe that they need to do a wave of mass bans. That's a tool of last resort for the worst abuses.

ill give u my left ttesticle if you give me 5 bils.

9_9

Posted

Literally quoted the gm response to this in the first 5 posts of this thread.

Posted

Literally quoted the gm response to this in the first 5 posts of this thread.

Literally just posted about conflating "it's not an exploit" with "we won't ban everyone who does it". Reading comprehension FTW.

Dont bullsh1t, i  will never believe that you never overweight your horse... And i not mean only moving horse- horse staying on grind spot overweight with trash items is exploit too :)

if you for example grind at sausan and when you are overweight you put on your horse/wagon more then their limit (160 or 200+LT), even if  its just 300 LT- its exopliting in same wayc as rolling :)

Reality continues to exist whether you are willing to believe it does or not. :)

Posted (edited)

Literally just posted about conflating "it's not an exploit" with "we won't ban everyone who does it". Reading comprehension FTW.

Reality continues to exist whether you are willing to believe it does or not. :)

Most players put on their horses/wagons more then LT limit- intentionally or non-intentionally... Its just not possible to track it all time and never use any of that little exploits that are in game... 

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

Lol, trade rolling sucks, if anything removing it is a service to the people who haven't felt obligated to do it...its -----ing miserable

i did one run and said ----- it, not worth my time, I'll just make 50k crates and turn them in.  

Honestly if someone wants to actively roll around for 30+ hours to get master 2, more power to them.  It's definitely not the easy way out.

Posted

Not every exploit is such a game-breaking catastrophe that they need to do a wave of mass bans. That's a tool of last resort for the worst abuses.

9_9

First world catastrophes...

Posted

Read again and the gm is saying that they won't ban anyone who does it as it is not a bannable offense after consulting the policy.

Exploiting is a bannable offense.

Rolling is not a bannable offense.

Rolling is not exploiting.

It's rolling and over burdening yourself to move mass amounts of materials which has always been allowed.

You do not have to explicitly say one thing to mean it, or perhaps you do for the people still up in arms about this from over a month ago.

I suppose you would also be upset with tamers 2172% over weight moving at the speed of a t3 horse on pet mount.

Or GMs that use the call to gather function to teleport guild mates that have greatly overburdened themselves and their mounts directly to Valencia to take advantage of the desert trade buff without traversing the desert at all.

This is active grinding for the trade life skill, much like grinding in general is: monotonous and manual.

And if you still want to go the route of "They are nerfing the xp of <500m distance trade runs later," please note that they also nerfed overburdening and remote collection to drop trade items down to the carrying capacity of the mount, yet overburdening is still used regularly in manual, afk, or summoned transport. The overburdened roll is manual transport.

Posted

Removing it now would only give an advantage in the trading game towards those who already did it, it would punish those who did not look to 'exploit' it for personal gain in fear of a ban.

There is no advantage. Your are faster with elephant trading anyway. No need to nerf or bann anyone. Only stupid people roll, smart pople use elephant for more xp/silver.

1 person likes this

Posted

Exploiting is a bannable offense.

Rolling is not a bannable offense.

Rolling is not exploiting.

Exploiting is simply taking advantage of an unintended but exploitable loophole in game design that allows players to gain resources/progression faster or more effectively than playing the game according to its intended design.

Some exploits are severe enough that they break the game and require some kind of immediate fix to keep the game from becoming completely destabilized--whether that's accomplished by an emergency patch or a server rollback or banwaves of the players abusing the loophole is really not relevant to anything. Many exploits, like this one, don't reach that degree of severity and get closed by the game developers creating a fix as a low-priority change that eventually solves the problem by either preventing the activity altogether or making the activity less effective as a way to progress than playing the game the way it was originally intended to be done. And of course some exploits are sufficiently troublesome to actually fix that they simply don't get fixed--this is particularly true for exploits that are not particularly disruptive to the game's progression or economy but would require a large recoding of the game's mechanics to resolve.