• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Keep Trade Rolling or unfair

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Regardless if rolling is an exploit or not it still takes an immense amount of time to go from beginner 1 to master 2. Many people I know who started rolling stopped because it was so boring.

1 person likes this

Posted

Regardless if rolling is an exploit or not it still takes an immense amount of time to go from beginner 1 to master 2. Many people I know who started rolling stopped because it was so boring.

this.

i makie it to skilled 5 then i stopped cause its the most boring thing in the entire game. better traderun from altinova to calphoen thats more fun with the horses

Posted (edited)

infinite stacking on mounts. ;)

stacking on mounts isn't infinite. caps out at the max int range for 32bit numbers.

Edited by War

Posted

this.

i makie it to skilled 5 then i stopped cause its the most boring thing in the entire game. better traderun from altinova to calphoen thats more fun with the horses

You will regret it, believe me, if it was boring, now it will be ultra boring as will take 10 times more.

If they don't nerf it today, i suggest you to endure it and level it up.

Posted

You will regret it, believe me, if it was boring, now it will be ultra boring as will take 10 times more.
If they don't nerf it today, i suggest you to endure it and level it up.

Nah. I'll just keep using the wagon. From Skilled 9 to Professional 10 in few days and my Long War campaign for XCOM2 is progressing quite well.

Posted

Nah. I'll just keep using the wagon. From Skilled 9 to Professional 10 in few days and my Long War campaign for XCOM2 is progressing quite well.

I am speaking about leveling trading, not doing it rolling, but probably will be nerfed today.

Posted

Hi. I've never trade rolled because they've never officially released a statement saying it was ok to do or an exploit that would lead to banning you. There has been a screenshot floating around of a GM saying it was ok to do, that they'd just laugh at you, but that's it. So if this is the case, it should not be removed.

Removing it now would only give an advantage in the trading game towards those who already did it, it would punish those who did not look to 'exploit' it for personal gain in fear of a ban.

Keep it alive or allow those who didn't take advantage of it an actual chance and give us a month to do it with an official statement giving the ok.

I'm assuming any counter argument would be done by someone who had either taken advantage of this mechanic or did the infinite stacking on mounts. ;)

lol this request gave me cancer. I want compensation for reading that. Im master 7 and never rolled and dont fcking care if people reached master 2 by rolling, since they have no idea about trading and wont get full profit of being a master trader. There are really profitable ways at trading, but only people who actually invested time in trading will benefit from that

stacking on mounts isn't infinite. caps out at the max int range for 32bit numbers.

shifted 2 to right, since the they use shifted integer values to display floating point values on the UI

1 person likes this

Posted

I am speaking about leveling trading, not doing it rolling, but probably will be nerfed today.

Ah. If they nerf <500m trading today I'll have to alter the route a bit. Maybe even make it a bigger circle.

Posted

Ah. If they nerf <500m trading today I'll have to alter the route a bit. Maybe even make it a bigger circle.

There are 2 nerfs, and the second one makes parcels not respawn, so you won't be able to buy...

Posted (edited)

Wait you guys dont use alts to transport goods from shakatu/sandgrain and then roll them to your bank to move goods around for free?  Been doing this since 2016!

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

shifted 2 to right, since the they use shifted integer values to display floating point values on the UI

Oh shit, ty b0ss

Posted

Not a roller, but do the short route between Velia/Finto Farm both on foot and in wagon. So far the XP rates seem the same after patch (no nerf to short trade)...anyone else seeing the same?

Posted

Not a roller, but do the short route between Velia/Finto Farm both on foot and in wagon. So far the XP rates seem the same after patch (no nerf to short trade)...anyone else seeing the same?

I haven't seen a difference myself.

Posted

Oh shit, ty b0ss

sorry that i corrected u, but i dont like wrong information

2 people like this

Posted

There's no "issue with intent" because the exploit isn't a game-breaker and the benefits associated with the exploit are going to be removed soon. These points were explicitly made in my last post and the latter of the two is the entire point of the thread.

Go gaslight someone who doesn't understand that's what you're doing.

The only person interjecting personal ideals and misinformation in direct contradiction to policy and precedent here is you.

I've layed out the situation with the direct judgement from Gms, the facts of how use outside spoken intent is sanctioned use as long as it conforms to policy, and never having to delve into arbitrary grey matter which is the only thing your case stands on.

You "think" it's not right or fair, but it's not gamebreakingly right or fair. Notice that your're the only one interjecting this reasoning; your entire argument hinges  on a narrow sighted interpretation of a ruling and not the ruling itself. That is an opinion, not policy. The GMs act on policy, not opinions.

Their word > yours. You can't be wright or wrong about an opinion, but you can be wrong on policy.

Also, the benefits of roiling aren't being removed, you just have to go longer and actually channel hop now.

Posted

The only person interjecting personal ideals and misinformation in direct contradiction to policy and precedent here is you.

I've layed out the situation with the direct judgement from Gms, the facts of how use outside spoken intent is sanctioned use as long as it conforms to policy, and never having to delve into arbitrary grey matter which is the only thing your case stands on.

You "think" it's not right or fair, but it's not gamebreakingly right or fair. Notice that your're the only one interjecting this reasoning; your entire argument hinges  on a narrow sighted interpretation of a ruling and not the ruling itself. That is an opinion, not policy. The GMs act on policy, not opinions.

Their word > yours. You can't be wright or wrong about an opinion, but you can be wrong on policy.

Also, the benefits of roiling aren't being removed, you just have to go longer and actually channel hop now.

The misinformation in this case would be your false claim that the GMs have declared the activity to not be an exploit. They have not; your claim to the contrary is demonstrably false.

What they have said is that they won't be punishing people for doing it. That doesn't mean they approve of the practice, just that they won't ban you for doing it. They have chosen a different approach to curtail the activity--the developers are actively changing the game mechanics to profoundly reduce the ability of people to benefit from--to exploit--the loophole in the first place.  If they were fine with the activity as it is being used currently, there would be no need for them to change the mechanics.

This is not difficult reasoning to follow, and there is no contradiction between what they've said and what I've said in spite of your continuing insistence that there is.

But I do appreciate the opportunity to once again illustrate your use of gaslighting for those forum-readers unfamiliar with the tactic.

Posted

So its nerf or not?

Posted

sorry that i corrected u, but i dont like wrong information

Don't be sorry for correcting if you're correct, ever :)

I'd rather be correct than incorrect. My ego isn't that bad haha, no worries brah.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I hate to say it, but I agree with Plunge.     I'm not in any rush to powerlevel my trading for a bonus that doesn't even offset the opportunity cost of doing more interesting shit and that's not even factoring in the IRL opportunity cost of doing commissions or something else worth real money while my BDO is minimized to tray

People act like that 50% increase number is a 50% TOTAL INCOME increase "while playing the game".   ...That's retarded and not how BDO works

Edited by iller

Posted

@yasfan You're only looking at the first sentence of the gm reply. He later goes on to say that they took the policy into consideration, and they can't act in contradiction to the policy. That is the part you are missing.

If it is demonstrably false, please demonstrate. I have already laid out that contrary to your claim that a change in mechanics means the original action is wrong, yet you keep harping the same things as if you aren't reading, which you probably aren't.

Posted

I hate to say it, but I agree with Plunge.     I'm not in any rush to powerlevel my trading for a bonus that doesn't even offset the opportunity cost of doing more interesting shit and that's not even factoring in the IRL opportunity cost of doing commissions or something else worth real money while my BDO is minimized to tray

People act like that 50% increase number is a 50% TOTAL INCOME increase "while playing the game".   ...That's retarded and not how BDO works

I just did it with the offchance of us getting the marketplace bid ring. Which isn't game yet.

Im just doing the comparision of complaining about nerfing his

Posted

Integrity in a game isn't what you are really defined by and people don't really care how people act in video games. And who are you to say what is moral?

Integrity is not defined by a game, that comes from within - the same place where your moral compass grows. 

Posted

@yasfan You're only looking at the first sentence of the gm reply. He later goes on to say that they took the policy into consideration, and they can't act in contradiction to the policy. That is the part you are missing.

Actually, I'm not missing anything about the GM response--but thank you for illustrating the kind of dismissive deflection that is characteristic of gaslighting. In brief, they said they checked with their superiors about whether trade rolling was a punishable offense and after some consideration were told that it wasn't. 

If it is demonstrably false, please demonstrate. 

Already done, multiple times.

The GM's letter you quoted is focused solely on the issue of whether or not trade rolling is going to be punished or not. This has no bearing on the central issue of contention, which is whether or not trade rolling is an exploitable loophole in game mechanics that allows players to circumvent the game's designed trade progression. It very clearly is, regardless of your continuing efforts to deflect and obfuscate.

I have already laid out that contrary to your claim that a change in mechanics means the original action is wrong, yet you keep harping the same things as if you aren't reading, which you probably aren't.

I'm reading enough to recognize that this sentence is gibberish, but thanks for playing.

Posted

So its nerf or not?

I have not seen any decrease in xp close node wise yet.

Posted

Hi. I've never trade rolled because they've never officially released a statement saying it was ok to do or an exploit that would lead to banning you. There has been a screenshot floating around of a GM saying it was ok to do, that they'd just laugh at you, but that's it. So if this is the case, it should not be removed.

Removing it now would only give an advantage in the trading game towards those who already did it, it would punish those who did not look to 'exploit' it for personal gain in fear of a ban.

Keep it alive or allow those who didn't take advantage of it an actual chance and give us a month to do it with an official statement giving the ok.

I'm assuming any counter argument would be done by someone who had either taken advantage of this mechanic or did the infinite stacking on mounts. ;)

Wagon/Elephant trading was always better XP than rolling anyway. People were just too dumb to make efficient routes.