• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cash shop delay is a good thing.

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I fully support Daum's decision. Gives everyone a fair chance with out pets giving you a 15% experience buff. The 15% karma experience buff which makes it really easy for someone to pk people into red karma and grind all the karma back within an hour or 2.

The pets can also get a luck stat that makes more trash loot drop (luck does not effect rare drops) allowing a player to grind things way more efficiently to sell at a vendor netting them millions of extra silver per day than an average user. They can also buy "lucky underwear" in the cash shop further maximising there luck stat without sacrificing other stats..

To get 3 rank tier pets you need to buy 10-18 pets and breed them together. If pets costs 5 euro's each thats 50-90 euros to get 3 rank 3 pets. depending on your luck. Some people will spend even more to get the "perfect" stats I described above to get that much more of an edge on the average player.

Lets do some math to see how much this game is actually going to cost

So say I spend 100 euros on the game for conquorers pack. You get 25 euros in pearls for "free" so 75 for the game.

Most people will want tier 3 pets so 5 euros is a good estimate for what a pet is going to cost considering the Ko/Jp/Ru pricing. So say they get lucky with pet breeding and spend only 70 euros for 14 pets.

Next lucky underwear for 5 euro.

Need a new costume for that plus 10% experience boost as well not confirmed but most likely another 10 euros. Rumor has it the pre-order costume only lasts 7 days.

Ok now inventory weight and bag slots another 10 euros.

Total price 75+70+5+10+10= 170 euros no tax included if they get lucky with pets possible more. I live in Canada and with the exchange its close to 250$ CAD.

No tax included 170 euros is a pricey game and is borderline pay to win.

With the current PvP system where Lvl>Gear>Skill the player that gets the most exp through farming and with the most money will face roll everyone, you cant hit this guy because his dodge rate is so high and he will put you down in 5-10 seconds flat. This game is borderline pay to win. 

At least these credit card warriors wont get to leave everyone in the dust right of the bat now that the cash shop is delayed until the 10th.

Exclaimer Iwas going to be one of those people that did all of this because I felt I had to stay on top but the delay makes the game more fair and I hope they balance the system by giving pets different buffs through breeding. We will all be better off for it making this game as fair as possible. Im glad I dont have to spend as much on this game now I can wait until the 10th to spend another 100$ in the cash shop.

3 people like this

Posted

Wtf are Euros? 

You mean dollars right?

2 people like this

Posted

You are underestimating whales. A week is nothing, if they want 4x t3 pets they will have them on the 10th and nothing will change if they released the shop on day 1.

Posted

M1JSAIr.gif

Regards,

Kappa

1 person likes this

Posted

And why do you care what we spend? 

No shit the cash shop bonuses are exactly as you explained them but why would I need them 12 days later

Posted

I agree with the OP. Thanks for explaining it well to the masses.

Posted

What does my income and use of it have to do with any of this? And those bonuses effect leveling the most...which will almost be done within the first 4 day headstart. lolwut

Posted

And then a few days later it's in the same situation why delay the inevitable?

Posted

I fully support Daum's decision. Gives everyone a fair chance with out pets giving you a 15% experience buff. The 15% karma experience buff which makes it really easy for someone to pk people into red karma and grind all the karma back within an hour or 2.

The pets can also get a luck stat that makes more trash loot drop (luck does not effect rare drops) allowing a player to grind things way more efficiently to sell at a vendor netting them millions of extra silver per day than an average user. They can also buy "lucky underwear" in the cash shop further maximising there luck stat without sacrificing other stats..

To get 3 rank tier pets you need to buy 10-18 pets and breed them together. If pets costs 5 euro's each thats 50-90 euros to get 3 rank 3 pets. depending on your luck. Some people will spend even more to get the "perfect" stats I described above to get that much more of an edge on the average player.

Lets do some math to see how much this game is actually going to cost

So say I spend 100 euros on the game for conquorers pack. You get 25 euros in pearls for "free" so 75 for the game.

Most people will want tier 3 pets so 5 euros is a good estimate for what a pet is going to cost considering the Ko/Jp/Ru pricing. So say they get lucky with pet breeding and spend only 70 euros for 14 pets.

Next lucky underwear for 5 euro.

Need a new costume for that plus 10% experience boost as well not confirmed but most likely another 10 euros. Rumor has it the pre-order costume only lasts 7 days.

Ok now inventory weight and bag slots another 10 euros.

Total price 75+70+5+10+10= 170 euros no tax included if they get lucky with pets possible more. I live in Canada and with the exchange its close to 250$ CAD.

No tax included 170 euros is a pricey game and is borderline pay to win.

With the current PvP system where Lvl>Gear>Skill the player that gets the most exp through farming and with the most money will face roll everyone, you cant hit this guy because his dodge rate is so high and he will put you down in 5-10 seconds flat. This game is borderline pay to win. 

At least these credit card warriors wont get to leave everyone in the dust right of the bat now that the cash shop is delayed until the 10th.

Exclaimer Iwas going to be one of those people that did all of this because I felt I had to stay on top but the delay makes the game more fair and I hope they balance the system by giving pets different buffs through breeding. We will all be better off for it making this game as fair as possible. Im glad I dont have to spend as much on this game now I can wait until the 10th to spend another 100$ in the cash shop.

Isn't the logical argument to reduce or eliminate the benefits of the cash shop on gameplay so no one cares about the delay?

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would anyone care who supports what?

Just make a poll. It solves everything!

2 people like this

Posted

Why would anyone care who supports what?

Just make a poll. It solves everything!

Damn right I want polls god damnit!

Posted

[...]

[...]

How do people even come up with this kind of bullsh*t

Posted

Damn right I want polls god damnit!

There's literally no way to fix things without them! ! !

Posted

not sure if hes trolling or not

Posted

Wtf are Euros? 

You mean dollars right?

Sit yourself down...preapre yourself...be calm...

Murica is not the only godamn country in the world you know? ;)

Posted

Credit card warriors would have an edge, I agree. I do agree with that point. But I would still like pets, I hate manual looting :S

Posted (edited)

I will enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts (probably the last one), this genre is almost hopeless, thank god for other games.

Edited by Beeso
1 person likes this

Posted

MMOs will always be MMOs, i will enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts (probably the last one), this genre is almost hopeless, thank god for other games.

ditto.

Posted

Sit yourself down...preapre yourself...be calm...

Murica is not the only godamn country in the world you know? ;)

But it is the only country in the world who has real freedom. 

Not sure where all the hate towards America comes from considering everyone runs to us for help when crap hits the fan

Posted (edited)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA *falls off chair*....

(Comments like that don't help btw lol.  Secondly, you run to 'us' for help actually lol...)

Edited by Maviarab
2 people like this

Posted

Not sure where all the hate towards America comes from considering everyone runs to us for help when crap hits the fan

raw

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

whos us? Which one of the countries in the European Union are you from? 

Oh that's right it doesn't matter because they've all lost their individuality and are run by Muslims now

raw

I ran out of likes

Edited by TheWatcher

Posted

Wtf are Euros? 

You mean dollars right?

europa has around 200million ppl more than north america, most ppl will play EU, so we talk about euros ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

Please, more murica.

Cashshop delay makes no sense to be honest.

If they changed the cashshop and removed all of the "pay2winny" items, it does not matter anyway. If they didn't, it will only come crashing down a few days later, result is gonna be the same, except that they may actually make less money because people ragequitted already due to being too lazy to play the "normal" way.

Back in the days the majority of games did not even have a functioning item mall before the game went full release for a few weeks, and now people flip their shit because they cannot get more 1 pet at the start?

Duh.

I don't understand either side, but people love to complain regardless of the decisions made.

Posted

latest?cb=20130701153915