• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How to clear all progress or change server?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey folks,

Returning player here. I am anxious to start fresh but I want to start truly fresh with the story quests and cutscenes, as well as all knowledge cleared. The only way I know how to do this is to delete my prior character which is fine, already doing it but I have to wait a full day for that to finalize. Was wondering if there is a quicker way to clear my account?

I'm not sure what "server" I am on as the only info I can seem to find from the client is channel, the last time I logged in it was NA_Oliva2. There is some 20 odd channels in server selection but none are actual servers. How do I change to a completely new server so I can start fresh without having to wait for my characters to delete?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Posted

NA is one server.  For a fresh start start a new account.

Posted

We have a mega server now as BDO was intended to have from the start. So if you want to start fresh, new account I suppose like the above poster said.

Posted

what about after the characters delete? (24 hrs). It should reset everything right?

Posted

No, it's your account that has contribution and knowledge

Posted

Hi! :)

If you really want a fresh start without paying you would need to create a character on the EU server. Even if you delete your characters from the NA world your pets, mounts, etc will still be there. I don't believe the titles you gained will remain though so if you did some events that gave you exclusive titles to the character you claimed it on those will be gone. You can still enjoy the cutscenes and beginning quests with a new character and it will make you do the tutorial.

As your other fellow players have said the NA server and EU server have their own "New World" servers now. Each region has a World with 36 Channels.

If you wish to remain on the NA server but still want a complete "fresh start" I'd say purchase a new account for the $9.99 :) 

Link- https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/GamePass.html 

(Gifting Package is probably best to benefit both accounts)

Posted

Just rolled on EU server.

I keep very odd hours (play heavily in the early AM like 0700 hours GMT-7 on a weekday) so it should be a decent fit. Latency is not an issue, just curious about population on EU server and if the majority of the population is English speaking or not?

Posted

Just rolled on EU server.

I keep very odd hours (play heavily in the early AM like 0700 hours GMT-7 on a weekday) so it should be a decent fit. Latency is not an issue, just curious about population on EU server and if the majority of the population is English speaking or not?

Yeah. Sometimes I play on the EU servers, majority of players do speak English. :) 

Posted

fantastic, well this should make a good home for me.

Thank you all very much for your help, would have waited for the delete to complete only to discover the lack of a reset had it not been for the communities swift response to my inquiries.

It is noted, appreciated, and will not be forgotten.

Posted

It is noted, appreciated, and will not be forgotten.

^_^ <3

Welcome back Skoda! Please enjoy your adventures with us! 

Posted

Why would you want to loose all cp and energy gains?